• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Late nights with leaf [codes to test]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt tried anything yet, but are people saying that gdorfs overB choke is now 4x faster??? what??? are you guys crazy? it was already somewhat tech chasable. i can understand a lil faster, but 4x?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
What about making the launch speed on the choke drop alot less >.>
I thought that was impossible. If that is possible then that is what we need to do. Really, if Ganon doesn't have the D-tilt followups I'll probably drop the Murder Choke since it won't really be worth the risk.

Though the Wizard Kick isn't guaranteed it's a very viable follow up now. I don't know...

EDIT:

i havnt tried anything yet, but are people saying that gdorfs overB choke is now 4x faster??? what??? are you guys crazy? it was already somewhat tech chasable. i can understand a lil faster, but 4x?
Not in the least Chibo, in order for Ganon to have the guaranteed d-tilt follow ups he had before the tech code the d-tilt had to be speed up from 10 frames to 2 or 3ish, a buff that the more I think about it is way way too good.

shanus

Smash Hero
The endlag Chibo, not the whole move lol.

Also, yeah, if we reduce damage the launch speed might be very adjustable. Not sure till we try!

kupo15

Smash Hero
I thought that was impossible. If that is possible then that is what we need to do. Really, if Ganon doesn't have the D-tilt followups I'll probably drop the Murder Choke since it won't really be worth the risk.

Though the Wizard Kick isn't guaranteed it's a very viable follow up now. I don't know...
Well, I thought the point was to make the wizkick combo if they tech away.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wait, now that I think about it, didn't leaf say there is no launch speed on the choke, which is why we were so surprised when it was techable.

The Cape

Smash Master
DDD dair is 2x after final hitbox:
201B8066 40000000

This allows him to SH dair and have the move end one frame before he lands. Similar to Ganon tunderstorming. Window is tight, but worth a try.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Besides the oddity of it not having a launch speed, the choke also seems to send down at a constant rate regardless of percent. Although I'm sure it would be possible to make them fall at a slower rate with another code, we can't do that right now with the tools we have available.

Alternatively, if we could get some kind of IASA modifier we could put IASA frames on the release animation starting the frame he drops them, to allow him to go into anything besides another choke.

But frick... 2 or 3 frames for dtilt... that's too insane.

kupo15

Smash Hero
why did we speed up the dtilt? There really is no need.

Tech roll away eats a powerful wizkick which sets up for an edgeguard
A missed tech or tech in place results in a dtilt/jab/ftilt/grab/stomp
A tech roll behind doesn't even affect the dtilt and sets up for another choke or a stomp
A fixed dsmash will be yet another way to keep them close if they tech roll behind which would act like a dtilt

Seeing how four moves are guaranteed if predicted correctly, there is no single option that is better than the other most of the time. The ready stance would be a crouch which allows him to perform anyone of these "guaranteed" moves with one button. (minus the cstick down until that code comes around)

So instead of speeding up the dtilt, we should speed up the second half of the dsmash (so that it connects from a tech roll) and make it work like it did in melee (send towards him and up). We are also probably going to have to increase the kb of the first hit so that both hits connect when the second half is sped up.

I really think that ganon gets the better deal by having so many more options that is guaranteed to happen if executed correctly. I think all these great buffs more than compensate for the choke being techable and he only needs to work a tad harder. We should also slow down techs as well which will help but I think should be done regardless

Top Bottom