• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Stand Tournament III - West Palm Beach, FL - 07.05.08

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
hey sabinx im sorry for being a douche those times I was a douche to you lets be friends. I have absolutely no hate for anyone in the smash community right now because gigs was so fun (except maybe godfade because he is ******** and acts like he knows what he's talking about).

I play GG too though I haven't touched it in a few weeks. I play May though and I suck but it's ok because she swings around a ****ing anchor.
I have no idea who you are. So I have no idea what I could have said to you that made your time at gigs less fun. Sorry about that, however.

AfroQT

Smash Master
hey sabinx im sorry for being a douche those times I was a douche to you lets be friends. I have absolutely no hate for anyone in the smash community right now because gigs was so fun (except maybe godfade because he is ******** and acts like he knows what he's talking about).

I play GG too though I haven't touched it in a few weeks. I play May though and I suck but it's ok because she swings around a ****ing anchor.
A legit reason for using a character, i almost picked up May because of that.
(no joke).

Finch

Smash Lord
I have no idea who you are. So I have no idea what I could have said to you that made your time at gigs less fun. Sorry about that, however.
You didn't make my time at gigs less fun at all. I was playing melee the whole time so ignoring you was pretty easy. It's just the ******** stuff you say on the boards that annoys me.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
You didn't make my time at gigs less fun at all. I was playing melee the whole time so ignoring you was pretty easy. It's just the ******** stuff you say on the boards that annoys me.
Oh. Well then you might want to revise your statement. ;)

And in that case, I am not sorry at all. The points I make, are all legit. You might not agree with them, or like my style, but I have no regrets for how I handle myself on these boards. I thought I said something to you, or acted like I knew everything in Brawl at the tournament. Other than that, you are a mark at best and insignificant at worst. But at least people notice me. Had you not tried to call me out, I would have no idea who you were and after this conversation, I will do my best to erase you. :ohwell:

There is no way I can go to this tournament. I cannot just go taking every weekend off work and my girlfriend would probably kill me. Or even worse, ***** at me when I got home. Last thing I need is a complaining woman on top of losing tons of money. :laugh:

One tournament a month is plenty. Although this is tempting...

NP: Nonpoint - The Truth :chuckle:

AfroQT

Smash Master
HEY
There aint no reason to argue, i demand that you both kiss and makeup. Then make sweet love, i'll film.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Also, I recorded more Melee matches than Brawl matches so I should have seen you. And probably got some matches of you recorded. You probably did not avoid me at all, to be rather honest.

Finch

Smash Lord
I wasn't really arguing. I was the only ice climbers player playing melee, so if you got any matches with icys in them then it was me.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
You need a smash girlfriend.
We're kind of the best ever.
Zoro knows what I'm talkin' about.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
He needs to stay his *** home and work and take care of his family!!

That is what he needs!!

Nah but on the real, he has a smash girlfriend, she played in the last gigs. She is too cool somethimes because we are only supposed to do one tourney a month but she will probly let him go to this one also and he will john me for staying home and being a father and not going to two a month like him!!

No hate bro but I see it alread!!

Germany shuts down the king of come backs with a last second comeback to win it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You need a smash girlfriend.
We're kind of the best ever.
Zoro knows what I'm talkin' about.
you keep saying that ginger

are you trying to start a smasher dating service or something?

if so, find me somebody :chuckle:

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Hell yeah, I'm all over that.
Equi already decided to start a smash girl plan,
where everyone is going to train a girl themselves.
Before you know, there's going to be just as many female smashers as there are male smashers ?_?
All thanks to Equi!

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
He needs to stay his *** home and work and take care of his family!!

That is what he needs!!

Nah but on the real, he has a smash girlfriend, she played in the last gigs. She is too cool somethimes because we are only supposed to do one tourney a month but she will probly let him go to this one also and he will john me for staying home and being a father and not going to two a month like him!!

No hate bro but I see it alread!!

Germany shuts down the king of come backs with a last second comeback to win it.
First of all, a ***** don't work for yall.

With that out of the way, Sæquo is a big *****. I be like, "What up dude?" And he would say he is going only to john his *** out of it the NIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT. Leaving me to find the sorriest of all sorry partners with like, hours before the dang thing starts. He needs to get his little clip on nuts back from his womans purse and actually show up once in a while.

Being a father is so overrated. Who actually parents these days anyway? All we do is neglect our children and then sue everyone else because, well, it could never be our own fault. So to those of you trying to be parents, all I can do is laugh at you. I get great results and I spend more time with you people at tournaments than I do with my daughter monthly.

Also, screw Stephanie. Yea, I said it. She is hardly a girl these days and very, VERY unfriendly. She is the female version of you, Sæquo. At least you give it up once in a while... She will not let me go, I will leave before she even wakes up.

Oh I can feel your hatred! And I send you one ounce of it back. Thee other thirty-nine are for me to drink.

Meh, Turkey should have totally handled that game. They will now john Metaknight and the "B" button.

Finch

Smash Lord
I really don't want a smash girlfirend. In fact I hate admitting to girls that I show more than a casual interest in video games. I'd much rather date someone who is interested in theatre/music/literature because before I got into smash those things all played a much bigger role in my life and I'd like to balance it out again. Unfortunately it's really hard to read War and Peace or learn a movement from one of Bach's cello suites when i could just play video games instead.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
lool i just tell my gf's that im hanging out wiht such and such, not that im goin to go play a video game for a weekend straight.

Finch

Smash Lord
That's weak willpower. No johns, Finch.
You try ****ing reading some smelly russian's long and boring *** book about stupid aristocrats. I'll just hold out for Darkly Dreaming Dexter I guess. If anyone has not watched Dexter I would advise them to wake up from their empty life and go buy the first season immediately. The book better be good, but I guess if it isn't I'll just read it anyway and move on to For Whom the Bell Tolls. That better be just as good as The Sun Also Rises.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I really don't want a smash girlfirend. In fact I hate admitting to girls that I show more than a casual interest in video games. I'd much rather date someone who is interested in theatre/music/literature because before I got into smash those things all played a much bigger role in my life and I'd like to balance it out again. Unfortunately it's really hard to read War and Peace or learn a movement from one of Bach's cello suites when i could just play video games instead.
I love reading, I love writing. I'm an English major, Journalism minor in college, with a dream of being able to be the secluded ol' hermit of a writer like most well known writers get to be.
I play smash now because I figure I might as well get some social aspects of life in while I have any interest.
Just because a girl plays smash doesn't mean she can't still be an intellectual, with more common and well versed interests and things to say.
Don't you inadvertently insult me like that ever again :p

nevershootme

Smash Master
Hell yeah, I'm all over that.
Equi already decided to start a smash girl plan,
where everyone is going to train a girl themselves.
Before you know, there's going to be just as many female smashers as there are male smashers ?_?
All thanks to Equi!
sounds like a tough social experiment, what is this "beauty and the geek" for smashers?! hell count me in on the experiment

but... I'll allow it! First off you gotta find the chicks in college that play video games, then you step it up and train them to awesomeness.

edit: alcohol is a must

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I love reading, I love writing. I'm an English major, Journalism minor in college, with a dream of being able to be the secluded ol' hermit of a writer like most well known writers get to be.
I play smash now because I figure I might as well get some social aspects of life in while I have any interest.
Just because a girl plays smash doesn't mean she can't still be an intellectual, with more common and well versed interests and things to say.

thats true. I met some random chick at last gigs that goes by faye, and she was pretty intellectual o.o

she also was wearing a bleach hat, which made me lol. But not the kind of lol where its "lol ***** you gay", the "lol nice hat"

Finch

Smash Lord
You're an english major? Wow remind me to talk to you at the next tournament I go to. We can talk about Faulkner and other nerdy ****. I was avoiding you because I thought you were dumb (sorry), but now I actually respect you.

Just to be clear, I was basing my assumption that a smasher girlfriend wouldn't be cultured on the fact that every male gamer I know is either an uncultured heathen or a complete square (it's always one of those extremes too). I suppose it could be different for girls.

What do you like to read? TBH I'm only trying to read War and Peace because seriously I cannot stop reading American literature and I feel I should be more diverse. But how can I when I could be reading Vonnegut/Hemingway/Heller/McCarthy/etc.? They're just too good. And smelly Russians are smelly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You're an english major? Wow remind me to talk to you at the next tournament I go to. We can talk about Faulkner and other nerdy ****. I was avoiding you because I thought you were dumb (sorry), but now I actually respect you.

Just to be clear, I was basing my assumption that a smasher girlfriend wouldn't be cultured on the fact that every male gamer I know is either an uncultured heathen or a complete square (it's always one of those extremes too). I suppose it could be different for girls.
What do you like to read? TBH I'm only trying to read War and Peace because seriously I cannot stop reading American literature and I feel I should be more diverse. But how can I when I could be reading Vonnegut/Hemingway/Heller/McCarthy/etc.? They're just too good. And smelly Russians are smelly.
so, which one of those am i again? :ohwell:

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
finch's theory fails hard in my book. to each their own.

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Finch

Smash Lord
I was trying to make my post sound as pretentious as possible. I think I succeeded. The square/heathen thing was a joke, kind of.

Reading Tale of Two Cities doesn't make you cultured. What else do you read?

Linguini

Smash Master
I was trying to make my post sound as pretentious as possible. I think I succeeded. The square/heathen thing was a joke, kind of.

Reading Tale of Two Cities doesn't make you cultured. What else do you read?
Unbeknownst to everyone im like a reading fanatic, I read tale of two cities a while back, really good.
I recently picked up For Whom the Bell Tolls, mad good if you haven't read it!

Finch

Smash Lord
Unbeknownst to everyone im like a reading fanatic, I read tale of two cities a while back, really good.
I recently picked up For Whom the Bell Tolls, mad good if you haven't read it!
I actually bought that while ago and haven't read it. I'll definitely pick it up soon though because hemingway is awesome (except farewell to arms unless you're super emo).

Also why did gmoney call me an ***? Or was it a ***? Either way his haircut makes him look like a girl so I'm not too worried about it.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Finch, I called you a ***, because you're a pretentious ******* (use your more cultured brain; notice the use of an "a" rather than an "an"). That and it seems like you aren't even able to accept yourself for who you are and where your true interests lie. You strike me as being the type of person who needs to craft this sense of being cultured for yourself so that you can in some way be accepted by the society around you. However, you'll still label the majority of this society as "uncultured heathens" and, therefore, shut yourself out from meeting some truly interesting people just because they don't throw out into the open the same love for reading or anything else involving being cultured as much as you. Oh, if you really enjoyed reading for what it is, you would have no trouble putting down Smash to read. Which, by the way, "culture" is everything involved with life and not just simple reading. Smash is also a part of culture. It doesn't make you any better as a person for trying to read War and Peace. With this philosophy that you have crafted, you're developing an almost cult-like attitude towards how you develop human relationships. You have even admitted that you will avoid someone if you feel they're "dumb." But as soon as they prove that they're worthy due to having qualities like the enjoyment of reading you will immediately spark up and want to get to know that person. How can you even expect these people to honestly want to be around you when just a few days ago you admitted to actively avoiding them because you felt they were "dumb?" This behavior is just really fake and I'll be sure to avoid your company at later events. I could elaborate more on this, but you're a total *** (brains).

Oh, and I'll admit I really don't enjoy reading all that much. My favorite book is Flowers for Algernon. I do, however, enjoy film a lot. Mainly just really obscure films that are made independent of Hollywood. The themes that they look into are just way more interesting to me. My favorite film is Fulltime Killer. I like what I like and I don't act on things simply because society would look at me better because of it. I'm a true "uncultured heathen" alright. :lick:

Edit: Nice use of ad hominem, by the way. It's really too bad that I like the way I look and act. Better luck next time, buddy! ;)

Top Bottom