• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smash: 9/22/07 Baton Rouge, LA- Southern Smash Circuit!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ricky, ray, john, and matt probably will make it to in LAST, as well.
Pierre, DJ, too, maybe. Those 2 don't even know about it, but i'm sure they'll wanna come and have a good chance when they do.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
NO DDR or ITG sadness it is too fun tho I might be getting back into it even tho i havnt played seriously since i was 17ish. but i can hold my own with some A's on 10 footers and some AA's on 8 and 9 footers..... I wash I was as good as the actual DDR players here like I used to be...... being great is no good in dance dance lawl

Sudai

Stuff here
Apparently my attendance is dependent on my mom now. My step-dad is going out of town that weekend and my little bro has a soccer game...My parents are the coaches and she doesn't think she can do it on her own. So...I may or may not be able to go. This sucks...... : (

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
NO DDR or ITG sadness it is too fun tho I might be getting back into it even tho i havnt played seriously since i was 17ish. but i can hold my own with some A's on 10 footers and some AA's on 8 and 9 footers..... I wash I was as good as the actual DDR players here like I used to be...... being great is no good in dance dance lawl
Haha, I totally got that joke. Anyway, that's pretty good, Drumma. We definitely need more people to get into the DDR scene from the smashboards. People are starting to get good around here too. I've been teaching TaylorHJ, EET, and Setsuma some cool tricks and stuff. Do a lot of people play from where you are?

And that really sucks, Sudai. Just tell her to give words of encouragement and hope for the best. But yeah, I haven't seen you in a while. We should hang out sometime.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea there are a good bit of people that play. around 5 or 6 here that are really good then a bunch of random people that can atleast clear hard songs..... bad scores or not. also people from panama city beach come down to play alot like funsize (the 14 year old wonder) and other guys like BUM...... good stuff it is a decent scene here for it with an arcade in my city fort walton, then another arcade in the mall here, and another couple an hour away in pensacola, and a few machines 2 hours away in panama city beach. here in fort walton we have 2 supernova machines soo that is why everyone comes here to play =]

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Wow.. It sounds like you have many many more machines than we have here in BR. Maybe we can play when you come for LAST. But if not, there is PIU.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey Ram and Drumma Boi are you guys going because if you guys are I can follow you there.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I will find out if I have the friday off of work before tomorrow (teusday)

If I do then we are going if not.... maybe.....

p.s. my boss is bad *** and she is going to say yes sooo I bet we are going.

D

Deleted member

ok so im here to help some ****** with their team selection.
we have few confirmed teams but ima list them:

vaughn and randall
me and kyle
ffox and patrick

chad and piere?
eric and freddy?
cyphus and lee?
are jon, ricky, and/or ray coming?
ricky and ray?

3 for sure teams, some other maybes.
so ima list the people still looking for teammates. correct me if you've already found a teammate:
jon?
tim
young dylan
johnny ( i dont know if he's going to enter the tournaments, but probably )
chris, patricks old roomate (probably somewhere between johnny and young dylan in skill, i dont know if he's going to attend though.)
sirska
shyguy
im pretty sure sudai said he cant come so he's out
ken? ( i dont know if he's going to attend )
austin and avery, but again i dont know if they're coming.
matt (from new orleans)

so yeah if your an recognizable OOS player jon, lee, or cyphus might want to team with you but i'll let them speak for themselves.
also if you're OOS and looking for a partner in general i can add you too this list.

it's pretty limited but i guess we dont have as big of a scene as i thought!

usea

Smash Ace
I'd love to come to LAST. Right now I'm living at Southeastern (SLU) in Hammond and I have no car. Will anybody be passing through/near hammond on the way to BR and willing to pick me up? I'm a friendly guy as any of the smashers I've met cat attest to :)

Hammond is like 30-40 minutes from BR, on I-12 between BR and slidell/covington/mississippi. If you're coming from new orleans you're probably taking I-10 to BR, if you took 51 and I-12 instead to pick me up it would add 15-18 minutes to your trip according to google map.

I don't want anybody to go out of their way to pick me up, but if anybody is passing through or has a ton of time to spare I'd love to get a ride and play melee one LAST time. Looking forward to seeing my friends again (cyphus, lee, taylor, eet, everybody else who would take too long to list them all)

BTW George if I do end up coming I can bring a gamecube and I could also transfer videos with my capture card if you can't find anybody else to do it.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ill team with jonwu :upsidedown:

naa i dunno, i dont need a teamate ill control both of my characters, one controller in each hand

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Usea, a cube would probably be helpful, I don't think we have quite enough yet. Or at least not enough to be certain there will be enough. As for the capturing, thanks for letting me know. I was just thinking about asking about that again.

Though, that reminds me, does anyone else have a VCR/ tapes that can be used to record matches? I have my one VCR, but that can only record so much.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
We could try that, but I'd much rather not. I think having a local person make the videos would be best. Out of state people are our guests, so we should be nice to them.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I won't be able to make it. If I was still in the panhandle I totally would, but it's pretty far for Tampa...

Rice has video ripping capabilities though.

D

Deleted member

yeah i also have a dvr recorder and my hook up for the comp has been installed on tims comp for like 2 years but only used like twice. i could bust it out?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Taylor, that'd be awesome. Now we would just need another VCR or two and some tapes. Sirska, the Wii and smash would still be quite useful, and thanks for the notice about the TV.

Top Bottom