• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smash: 9/22/07 Baton Rouge, LA- Southern Smash Circuit!

-Chad-

Slackerator
CHAD!!!!!!! I thought Get 4 stocked will be both your and my last tourney? it seem we can't just quit this game now can we?
Honestly no, there's no way I can quit this game..I love it too much. But as of right now school comes before smash so that's why I kinda said as the date gets closer I'll have a more sure answer, who knows what kind of work from school I'll get and have to do those days : (

I'm still gonna try to get out to tournies when I can squeeze them in : D

RAM

Smash Lord
Honestly no, there's no way I can quit this game..I love it too much. But as of right now school comes before smash so that's why I kinda said as the date gets closer I'll have a more sure answer, who knows what kind of work from school I'll get and have to do those days : (

I'm still gonna try to get out to tournies when I can squeeze them in : D
Atta boy. Iori better come with ya!!!!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Sirska, there's a home game that day. That was a major part of being able to host it on a Saturday. I'm sure they'll have it on at Laser Tag though. They usually have stuff like that on their TVs downstairs.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
CHAD!!!!!!! I thought Get 4 stocked will be both your and my last tourney? it seem we can't just quit this game now can we?
Why would you quit?

Oh and I will most likely come to this unless some unforeseen project or something must be completed at that time...

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Laser Tag is a local business, so Laser Quest probably isn't the best comparison. I think the upstairs area has about 12 outlets and can easily and has chairs for 50 people. There is a lot of space. Basically, unless the staff decides to limit our space, there is going to be more than enough for us and at least a dozen setups. I plan on talking further with the staff since this tournament looks like it will be bigger than I first had thought.

In short, space will not be a problem.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Well I gotta work and go to school, and that takes up a lot of time, so it leaves me with less time to smash and go to tournies

: (
Yeah, but you don't have to quit completely... it seems a lot of players are "retiring" because Brawl is approaching, which to me is just silly. We don't even know if Brawl is going to be good, and whether it is or not, Melee tournaments won't stop completely, just slow down.

I'm in school too but I'm still planning on going to a couple tourneys this fall.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, but I'm pretty sure there is an LSU home game that day. It was one of the conditions of being able to have it on a Saturday, haha.

Yeah, it's a 7pm home game against South Carolina. Still, you should come anyways. There will be a TV with the game one somewhere, I'm sure.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Awesome, but I'm pretty sure there is an LSU home game that day. It was one of the conditions of being able to have it on a Saturday, haha.

Yeah, it's a 7pm home game against South Carolina. Still, you should come anyways. There will be a TV with the game one somewhere, I'm sure.
I go to ULM so i'm not affected by it, but thatnks for I go to LSU. I can barely afford this crappy school as is.:chuckle::(

RAM

Smash Lord
RAM when are you ever going to boost the 240 man?

My tc is @ 9psi right now making 322whp and 309tq :)
U gotta let me ride with you dude. That's good ****. What kind of turbo charger are you using?

I'm not even driving due to the fact that I"m too nice for my own good. I sold all my aftermarket parts so my sister could buy a car. and my rebuild my engine monies is gone too. as soon as my money left my pocket My car broke down a week later due to a cracked cylinder wall. meaning I have to rebuild it. :( the only parts I have left are my stainless steel brake lines, Z32 rotors and calipers and my Tien Lowering springs.

send me some pics or a video on aim or something Matt my boy.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo Ram if you guys have any room in the car at all let me ride with you guys, thats if you have room.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Someone requested that I make a list of who's coming, so that'll be on the front page. So, if you think you might come, or know you're coming, then please let me know. It'll be on the front page.

D

Deleted member

from what randall said earlier, i think it's upstairs.

also put me down for a tv, gc, smash, power strip, and not a vcr but a camera.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I was wondering if both players agree on the stage can you choose that instead of random? I thought thats was a rule?

Ill throw and idea out, maybe we could do a regional crew battle, like LA vs. OOS or sumthing like that if theres time??? Or we could do regular crews, well i dont have a crew :( i could be in a crew with some baton rouge people if yall want me

D

Deleted member

we could have 1 big crew match (la vs oos)
me kyle cyphus lee and jon if hes there

and then if theres enough people a little crew tournament? like 3 people regionals or something. houma will have to pick up a random br or something though. unless someone else comes with them.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i wanna be in the la vs. oos crew battle, it should be as many people we get from out of state should be in it and then how ever many there are thats how many LA people can be in it, and if theres enough oos then everyone from la will get to be in it except for noobs

Lee
Cyphus
Taylor
John
Kyle
Eet
Ray
Ricky
Mary
Sudai
Freddy
Vaughn
Me

Nicknyte

I think the order that people get to play would look something like that

I dunno who else is there?

Oh ya sirska and randall, if hes playing

Technicly I am a noob but still i came up with it so i should get to be in it

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, thanks Sudai. And Shyguy, the agree on a stage first thing is fine, I just didn't think about it when I typed everything up. Thanks for mentioning it.

As for crews, I don't know if we'll have enough time to go through singles, teams, and crews. I honestly have no idea how long crews will take. However, if it looks like there will be time, I have no objection to doing crews. Though, that brings me to some other stuff that I'd like to mention.

I've been thinking about the pools, and I'm either going to have 8 pools with top 4 advancing or 16 with top 2. It'll probably be 8 pools, but if there are maybe 50+ people, then I'll go to 16. Also, if time will be an issue, teams might go straight to brackets, especially since there will probably be less than 30 teams.

D

Deleted member

lol. ive never heard of crews with more than 6 people. its pretty much unheard of. yall could form your own la team if u wanted to.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i meant like at fc where they have the regional thing and each team gets like a certain amount stock, thats more than 6 people, we could do that la vs. everyone else, i dunno just an idea

D

Deleted member

u didnt put me down for what i said id bring randall. check a page back or so

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm taking any iron man challenges. Just figured I'd throw that out there. I was gonna suggest it as a tournament, but iron mans take forever anyway and yeah. If anyone wants to do it, we'd have to space it out a bit most likely as to allow more TVs for the tournament or what not.

But yeah. Iron man match? Anyone?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Singles before doubles? :ohwell:

I'd want to come to this, but it's a ten and a half hour drive...

My crew doesn't even want to drive one hour.

Anyone from FL wanna come to this?! :D

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm sure Panhandle Manhandlers would be available to house a few FL people if you don't want to drive the whole way in one day.

I don't know if I'll be there yet or not. (wishes he was still in Pensacola)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i take MMs Dr.Robotnic (puyopop).
ironman matches? (in case noone knows its a 26-character ditto match marathon) i'll do MMs in ironman matches, if anyone thinks they can take me. my top tiers suck...heh, but i'd like to think i'm pretty good w/ the rest. winner = whoever gets 14+ wins. =)

Top Bottom