• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 3 - 5/30 - (Final pools- check 2nd post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnar

Smash Lord
This is the first time i have seen delfino as a starter...wonderbar :bee:
They used to do it at C3 (they might still maybe), a regular tourney in north Virginia.

This is the first time I've ever seen Pokemon Stadium 2 as a legal stage :|

Guys I'm getting all anxious again ;-; What do I doooooo? I don't want to play poorly at this super awesome tournament :(

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Nah. If top 8 make it out, you're in a small pool with only 11 instead of 12 so you have a better chance of getting to brackets (unlike what some others say. . . .). Plus Pikachu is quickly turning out to be gay as hell with ridiculous chain grabs on everybody.
Really? I thought top 6 made it out of pools...Well, I guess I'll make it out after all!

I'm sorry about Pikachu being gay...it's not like Falco has any chain grabs or anything...

BOHEHEHEHEHE

sorry

Curlz

Smash Lord
I say the pools look pretty even. I have a question though.

Say one of the randoms (Skylar) who preregistered don't show up but another random (Fahey) shows up but was too late to preregister. Would the one who showed up take the other's spot?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ok, this is my guess on how swiss works:

1st round: Everyone fights each other random/appropriate skill level
6 1-0
6 0-1

2nd round: All the 1-0's fight each other, all the 0-1's fight each other.
3 2-0
6 1-1
3 0-2

3rd round: ??? I just assumed this. What happens after this? Top 6 make it out and that's that? If it's Top 8, then how is that decided?
2 3-0
4 2-1
4 1-2
2 0-3

-Ran

Smash Master
I say the pools look pretty even.
I'm curious as to how you have derived this. More so, with what body of knowledge of players you've never met or played allows you to believe your opinion is valid?

⌐.⌐

Popertop

Smash Champion
DMG, Roni and Curlz are going to run your pool.

RJ is the same one that's been to Gameware, and George is from Alabama. He's third on the PR, I think.

Popertop, you said that the pool with kismet, Hyro, and Bwett was one you wouldn't want to be in (or something to that effect). Does it look significantly harder than any of the others? I know you cannot perfectly judge everyone's skill, but your (and anyone else's!) opinion would help. Thanks!

Duchock, I've got ya. I'm waiting to hear about a couple of other people, so it's not really too late, haha.
It was just that I recognized it had three good players, I'm sure there are more good players that I don't recognize but are very skilled, none of these pools look to hard by my eye, but if everyone names the top players then the pools should be balanced.

Curlz

Smash Lord
From reading every post in this thread.

Each pool has about 1 top LA players, 2 good OOS players, 3 scrubs, 3 randoms, and 3 mid players.

Give or take.

-Ran

Smash Master
However what dictates that these players are good? How weighted is your opinion? Do you know what characters they all play? Do you understand the difference between the Louisiana power rankings and the Texas ones? How about the weight that's held vs the Florida rankings? Do you know the metagame of the other states?

I hope you don't take offense to this, but your opinion weighs less than a duck. And therefore, it is made out of wood.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
ALL I KNOW IS I GOT 3 THINGS TO SAY;

1) <3 Bear, College Station! We should do **** afterwards cause y'all too cool. Bring Wotts along with Light dude.

2)When did so many Oklahoma peeps register without me knowing <_<

3) YO DPHAT! If I take a match off you, you gotta buy me lunch ***** for skipping on me!

As for sidenotes, Winnar the Jmaning it is Jman missing the fox U-air not DIing out. KDJ never misses, that's the point of the video <_< And I doubt Jman's coming. I watch a lot more melee videos, believe me.

And DMG, Falcon dittos on Brawl Plus, let's do it.

TX isn't gonna place in the top 10 this tourneyyyyyyyy

-Ran

Smash Master
And that Iceman, is why you're awesome.

(1:19:13 AM) kyomamoru: ICEMAN GOT IT.
(1:19:14 AM) kyomamoru: =DDDDDDD
(1:19:20 AM) Sudai: heh
(1:19:24 AM) kyomamoru: Lol.
(1:19:32 AM) Sudai: I love Icemann
(1:19:47 AM) Sudai: He gets every ****ing reference out there. It's like he's a human encyclopedia

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Sars, DONE! Falcon Dittos! Brawl +.

Also, stop picking on that guy for putting out his opinion on pools. Unless he was to say "I dare say, these pools are unhealthily imbalanced" or "Nary a pool is uneven", then it's all good. :)

Although I must warn you all, I take pools very seriously. D:

Popertop

Smash Champion
ALL I KNOW IS I GOT 3 THINGS TO SAY;

1) <3 Bear, College Station! We should do **** afterwards cause y'all too cool. Bring Wotts along with Light dude.

2)When did so many Oklahoma peeps register without me knowing <_<

3) YO DPHAT! If I take a match off you, you gotta buy me lunch ***** for skipping on me!

As for sidenotes, Winnar the Jmaning it is Jman missing the fox U-air not DIing out. KDJ never misses, that's the point of the video <_< And I doubt Jman's coming. I watch a lot more melee videos, believe me.

And DMG, Falcon dittos on Brawl Plus, let's do it.

TX isn't gonna place in the top 10 this tourneyyyyyyyy
riiiiight.

go **** yourself

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Also, stop picking on that guy for putting out his opinion on pools. Unless he was to say "I dare say, these pools are unhealthily imbalanced" or "Nary a pool is uneven", then it's all good. :)
a) He's the new guy so we have to pick on him
b) He probably hasn't heard of any of the OOS guys.
c) You're hilarious.

Sexiest Man Alive said:
Don't worry, I planned to. I'm going out with a bang.
That's why you got that IG status><3!

---

Battou's too lazy to pre-reg himself and his internet sucks. Apparently, he also loves the Jonas Brothers.

-----------------------------------
LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Gregory McGregor
Nickname: Battousai
Area: Destrehan, Louisiana
Equipment (if any): High School Musical 2 BluRay
-----------------------------------

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sucks that Sudai is leaving. Maybe I should get one last friendly in with him before he quits. :)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I got the responses I needed from the people I've been waiting on. This puts us at 99 preregistered. Obviously, some pools will change because I'm adding people. I'm now waiting on some on Tallahassee to re-confirm that they'll be here instead of the Florida Gaming tournament. I haven't really heard much from them recently, so I want to make sure they're coming and stuff. After I get that, I'll add the new people in and make my next version of pools.

I know I can't make all of the pools perfectly balanced, but I can try to get them as close as possible. All of the feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If anyone new shows up on the day of the tournament, I'm not going to put them in a pool in order to make up for a no-show.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
What do we do about the teams? Do we choose our partners here or in person at the tourney? And no venue fee means we don't have to pay to enter, we just walk in right? I'm sorry for so many questions, but this is my debut tourney.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
MAN, this tourney will be off the wall amazing especially since we'll get so much change from Texas while we're at it. <3

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
What do we do about the teams? Do we choose our partners here or in person at the tourney? And no venue fee means we don't have to pay to enter, we just walk in right? I'm sorry for so many questions, but this is my debut tourney.
You can choose your partner however. When you sign up for teams, both you and your partner will need to pay at the same time. It's a good idea to try and get a partner in advance, if possible. No venue fee means that you do not have to pay to get in. However, you still have to pay to enter the tournaments. It's $10 a person for Singles and $20 for a team ($10 a person).

why is my name yellow?????
Did you search your name or something. I didn't do anything to make it yellow.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You can choose your partner however. When you sign up for teams, both you and your partner will need to pay at the same time. It's a good idea to try and get a partner in advance, if possible. No venue fee means that you do not have to pay to get in. However, you still have to pay to enter the tournaments. It's $10 a person for Singles and $20 for a team ($10 a person).

Did you search your name or something. I didn't do anything to make it yellow.
Do you have a partner, and who do you main?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Dang nikzor forgot to tell you this but my carpool got bigger it now looks like this:
Me
Bwett
BadNewsBeah
Kosmos
Po Pimpus
DMG
And Light
That puts my housing at 11. Fuuuuuuuuuuu-

J/k. It's not a big deal, we'll make it work. =) Lol. I'm gonna pm you in a sec with my address/directions and what not. It's not too hard to get here, it's like literally as easy as like: get off interstate, take a right, go down 5 minutes and it's on the left. XP

I think I've actually had worse than 11 people sleeping at my place before so we'll definitely make this work. 'Sides, I ain't a fan of turning people away. ^_^ Two nights ago, we had Lee, Pierre, Cyphus, r0ni, Ricky B. and Fahey here and no one was even sleeping in my room. We got this. >=) Haha.

Edit: Randall, I got some bad news for ya... Mark me back down to 1 TV... The bigger of the two TVs I always bring died Sunday morning... Everyone was over playing smash on it, and the power went out. I forgot to unplug it, and when the power came back on we heard an enormous POP noise, and now it won't turn back on. =(

RIP Nick's Smash TV 2005-2009, 1 year used in smash tournaments... T____________T

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pool G FTW. Getting more pumped after seeing the pool now, haha. How fitting, too, that DMG's in my pool--PX called one of my friend's playstyles like DMG. :p Winnar and Chef always talk about how redonkulous moogle is, too.

Oh yeah, and there's some dude named...Iceman? Wonder who that is....

*goes off to evolve Ivysaur*

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I feel like a mad scientist. Every day, I find another way to improve this Pokemon Double Battle team...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pool G FTW. Getting more pumped after seeing the pool now, haha. How fitting, too, that DMG's in my pool--PX called one of my friend's playstyles like DMG. :p
*gasps*

U have a friend that... that... Spaces like me? I'm... proud to see my ideas and my legacy carried onward :)

Don't worry, I don't run away in pools, even when they give me a 5 minute timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom