• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
My PM Box said:
Today, 04:24 PM
Dr Peepee Dr Peepee is online
pranked!

Come on dude...
I know you were just messing around with that sig, and I can take a joke, but can you please take it off? I don't want my fans to get the wrong idea about me when they see your sig. Please bro?
LOL pp come on ***

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
a random question stingers, since you seem to hate it so much..

What would be worse, the allotted time for ledge invincibility, or moves like marth's dtilt without it?

That move would prob. be the worse but there are definitely more aside from marth's dtilt that it would affect significantly.... i'd say it's the lesser of the 2 evils, unless the game was changed entirely.

forgot to add that in addition to saying to mind game around the invulnerability. Just got back from class me and ace are about to do some drunk smashing.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you can seriously just roll past marths dtilt with most characters

he can read the roll? so what, he can read anything you do. lol its ****in marth

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm just saying, there is a way to get past marths dtilt: roll on the stage
or just stand up and shield
jump over it

you dont need to ledgehop to get past marths dtilt

stingers

Smash Obsessed
marth's dtilt is IASA from frame 20. every character in melee has a ledge roll with invincibility from AT LEAST Frame 1 to 23. Yoshi is the lowest at 23 frames, Pikachu/Ganon/Falcon at 24, Doc/Mario/Luigi/ICs/Ness/Pichu/Mewtwo/GaW at 27, Kirby and Jiggs at 28, Bowser at 33, Fox/Falco/DK at 34, Samus at 36, Marth/Roy/YL/Link at 38, and Zelda/Shiek/Peach at 39. Every character in the game has a total Ledge Roll frame total of 49, except Zelda/Peach at 50 and Link/YL/Marth/Roy/Samus/Falcon/Ganon at 48. This means that a Marth has to time his Dtilt perfectly (seeing as how it only hits on one frame, even though he has a good amount of time frame-wise to land it, IASA will never come into play) on Himself/Roy/YL/Link/Shiek/Zelda/Peach/Samus/Fox/Falco/DK/Bowser, all of those being under 20 frames to time the Dtilt. On Jiggs and Kirby, if he is frame perfect with his Dtilt IASA, if he whiffs the first Dtilt he can interrupt ASAP and hit them on the last possible frame before they can escape. Gaw/Pichu/ICs/Ness/Luigi/Mario/Doc, he has 2 frames. Ganondorf/Falcon, 4. Pikachu, 5. Yoshi, 6.

So IASA doesn't come into factor much unless you're ****ing perfect.

Also, you could always just JUMP.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, and what do people who roll up usually do? Shield. Dtilt to turn around grab will work. Rolling(when on stage) takes a few frames to start up, so when you factor in human reaction time, Marth can usually get the grab.

Now then, let's say Marth crouches and baits the roll. He gets a free punish. Know why? Because if someone sits on the edge waiting to roll when Marth Dtilts then their invincibility is gone. Sure, they can regain invincibility, but that only delays the problem.

Now, in my personal experience, no one is perfect enough to roll when I start up my Dtilt so they can roll again when they get behind me(when I'm focused). Marth's IASA frames let him move asap, but human error keeps those people with relatively "safe" rolls from rolling, well, safely. Dtilt to turn around grab.

Basically you're assuming both characters are playing perfectly, which is never the case. While the roller can be subject to error, holding to the side will allow the IASA frames to give Marth his perfect timing.

Is it impossible to get this roll off somewhat often? Maybe. Should you try it in a high-level match where Marth will bait the heck out of that option? No.

Like, the ledge jump? You're wayyyy too vulnerable during that with every character.

If you mean exploiting invincibility ledge hop, then that's a good idea, but it can be punished as well.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
did you base your argument on the fact that most people generally shield after a roll? lol wow

dorsey asked for ways to get past marth's Dtilt without ledge invincibility, not ways to get past marth's insane edgeguard game. which is impossible if the marth reads you like a book, which is what you're assuming.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOOL.

Alright, I'm going to try this one more time.

1. You're assuming things at frame-PERFECT play. That DOESN'T happen.

2. Marth will realize this is a good option if you catch him with a roll even once and will make that option null to anyone who tries it afterwards. M2K knows frames so he's ready for a roll.

3. If you wanna get past the Dtilt, then roll frame-perfectly. You could also just time a standard get up(it works). It's really tough to beat without invincibility for almost all characters though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You gave me Dtilt's IASA frames and roll frames. You gave me how much safety everyone had when they rolled at the perfect time at the end.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Right, just to show you that Marth's IASA Dtilt trying to edgeguard someone while rolling on doesn't do much. I was giving the best possible scenario to show you how hard it would be for Marth to land a Dtilt on ledge rollers.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well, you're right that I'm showing frames, but I'm not expecting anyone to play that perfectly.

I just gave the frames to show how hard it would be. How strict the timing is, and you can't even do it to every character.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If there was no ledge invincibility I'm pretty sure I could poke pretty much anyone right off the stage during the frame(s) they grab the ledge. What about Falco's dair? Lol it would undoubtedly change the game drastically.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
hay gaiz, stop taking this game so srsly. thats why you never have girlfriends and live in your mom's basement...... o3o
Lol I know you're just joking but **** bro, you're the one always talking about S'ing D's around here and I get more a$$ than my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom