• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Tag Mini Mafia Over: Gremlins are the Champs

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
And what would you conclude from that "inconsisteny"? I've blatantly argued that Maven's been scummy while not mentioning Rake once.

:059:
... that is an excellent point. I guess I should pay more attention to previous posts :/ Was it a typo? So what makes you vote for Maven? I haven't heard any evidence, but I haven't heard any evidence on ANY of the votes yet so that doesn't mean much.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
He's been misconstruing what I've said.

but is he specifically going out of his way to misconstrue it and make it scummy or is it just a gaff on his part ?
Also i know you're voting him but shades of grey make this question worth

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

this question is for maven, slick and jay:

If i asked the you to laser yourself tonight, would you do it ?

Maven89

Smash Master
is that a bad attempt at role fishing? I'm not sure. I don't think we even can, anyways

Gheb what in my latest post did you feel was misconstruing what you said? I believe I explained myself pretty clearly there

@ SlickWylde SlickWylde I'm not finding Gheb's vote on Rake to be scummy because I don't see the scum intention. he didn't lynch Rake, so he'd have to have his partner come in and do it, which maybe wouldn't be too obvious to a newcomer but in this game that'd basically guarantee they'd both die the next day. And the excuse of "it was a mistake" wouldn't fly if it actually had the guy lynched. Basically if it was scum intention it'd just gurante that Gheb would be blamed for it, and a 1v1 trade is never good for scum due to ratios. As being so early in the day there's so reason for such a risky gambit. But that is the right line of thinking though, semi. Mafia wants a town member lynched without being held responsible for it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm not saying I wouldn't point it at a scum read, im just saying i wouldn't ever say i wouldnt point mine at myself

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 7 Players it takes 4 to lynch!

1. Orboknown [1] - Maven
2. GiraffeLaserGun [1] - Rake
3. Maven [1] - Gheb
4. JaytheUnseen
5. Gheb [1] - Orboknown
6. SlickWylde
7. Rake

Not Voting: GLG, Slick, Jay

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 30th!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
but is he specifically going out of his way to misconstrue it and make it scummy or is it just a gaff on his part ?
Also i know you're voting him but shades of grey make this question worth
You're right and I'm actually starting to lean towards the latter. Maven has responded to all my accusations in a pretty level-headed fashion and hasn't made a bigger deal out of it than it neded to be so I have to question whether there was really any scum intent behind his actions. If anybody came out as really suspicious in our exchange it's Orbo imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I would not target myself with the laser gun without a good reason [that I'm failing to see right now].

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
And what would you conclude from that "inconsisteny"? I've blatantly argued that Maven's been scummy while not mentioning Rake once.

... that is an excellent point. I guess I should pay more attention to previous posts :/ Was it a typo? So what makes you vote for Maven? I haven't heard any evidence, but I haven't heard any evidence on ANY of the votes yet so that doesn't mean much.
Unvote

Orbo
Jay / glg
Rake / Maven / Slick

What does "
Jay / glg
Rake / Maven / Slick" mean? Are you voting for all of us?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Does anybody else have their previous response post with their current response? It's annoying. (Which is why my response to Gheb is posted again, my bad)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah that can happen if you quote something, write an answer, have it auto-saved and then leave before posting. The quote + response will still be there and can mess up your next posts if you don't delete it manually.

What does "
Jay / glg
Rake / Maven / Slick" mean? Are you voting for all of us?
No that's my current reads. I think Orbo is scum and Jay/glg are the next best players to look into. Rake, Maven and Slick are on the safe side for me right now.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Deadline is nearing but Orbo is still my top lynch. I guess I'm ready to vote.

Vote Orbo

Orboknown

Smash Hero
yes, No, and because wasn't seeing it at all, but I trust you enough to vote at the end o the day with you.

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh yeah, that makes sense. But that's still helpful I suppose in that it'll stop the mafia for one night?.

In most settups RB's are more useful in trying to pin a person as scum, but here with 3 possible people being rb'd a night with no individual townie positive if a target was actually rb'd (since he can't be sure anyone else targeted the same person as him), the real benefit is knocking out a scum kill. It's basically like a penalty shot where we get an extra chance to find and lynch scum without them being able to do anything about it.

So I guess a worst case scenario is player A and B are mafia, and player C is the Tracker. If we block C D and E, we not only ensure a free kill for the mafia, but then the tracker is blocked. Seems like some people are being awfully cavalier about rbing when it sounds pretty dangerous.
Yeah that seems like the worst case, but the main benefit is that people will target their scummy reads, while mafia will try to target whoever they think the tracker might be. Tracker also has problems this game since even if they track someone to a night kill target, the person could just claim they were lasering them instead, which depending on their past posts and actions might be believable. I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks.

Maven89

Smash Master
lol fixed

Oh yeah, that makes sense. But that's still helpful I suppose in that it'll stop the mafia for one night?.
In most settups RB's are more useful in trying to pin a person as scum, but here with 3 possible people being rb'd a night with no individual townie positive if a target was actually rb'd (since he can't be sure anyone else targeted the same person as him), the real benefit is knocking out a scum kill. It's basically like a penalty shot where we get an extra chance to find and lynch scum without them being able to do anything about it.

So I guess a worst case scenario is player A and B are mafia, and player C is the Tracker. If we block C D and E, we not only ensure a free kill for the mafia, but then the tracker is blocked. Seems like some people are being awfully cavalier about rbing when it sounds pretty dangerous.
Yeah that seems like the worst case, but the main benefit is that people will target their scummy reads, while mafia will try to target whoever they think the tracker might be. Tracker also has problems this game since even if they track someone to a night kill target, the person could just claim they were lasering them instead, which depending on their past posts and actions might be believable. I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks.

Top Bottom