• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Tag Mini Mafia Over: Gremlins are the Champs

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heads up, "Pete" aka the mod will be partially V/LA tomorrow because it's his birthday. I'll try to check on thread now and then though.

A reminder: deadline is midnight Thursday Central Time (GMT -5). "It's 'yer own fault if ya lose cuz you were slackin!"

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think my posts speak for themselves. I never once suggested lynching Orbo or Rake. Jay suggested lynching both. That doesn't sound pro town to me. I think most of us knew pretty early on that Rake was town.

And the reason I'm relaxed is because I think it's really obvious that you're scum, and if someone had any real doubt, they would have brought that up. You're literally the first person to actually say they think I'm scum.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Well, of course I think you're scum, because it is proven to me. To say you are town would be silly.

Regarding Rake, your logic can be turned around. If I were bold enough to say a widely town percieved player was scum as scum myself, it would be a discredit to my name once he was lynched and revealed town.

Third, you see? You aren't anxious at all you may be lynched and lose us the game as a result of bad play. And you've been relaxed and confident even before this, so it isn't because it's thr consensus is that I am scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tough call. Jays posted more but his posts have less impact on me, where i can see eager newtown in slick but theres less there and i could easily be wrong. Gun to head call is probably jay right now
You're mafia.

If you were town you would've argued that it doesn't matter which one we lynch because from town!Orbo's pov both Slick and Jay must be scum. There could be no other option as Rake and I can't be mafia at this point so there's only you three left.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think my posts speak for themselves. I never once suggested lynching Orbo or Rake. Jay suggested lynching both. That doesn't sound pro town to me. I think most of us knew pretty early on that Rake was town.
1.) Nobody "knew" that Rake was town
2.) What's wrong with suggesting an Orbo lynch?
3.) Who *did* you suggest lynching yesterday?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You're mafia.

If you were town you would've argued that it doesn't matter which one we lynch because from town!Orbo's pov both Slick and Jay must be scum. There could be no other option as Rake and I can't be mafia at this point so there's only you three left.

You can still be mafia that didn't send in the kill, not likely but possible. And with it being lylo i wanna make sure i lynch right between those two so i can figure the rest tomorrow

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can still be mafia that didn't send in the kill, not likely but possible.
That would mean that I got lasered by my own scummate last Night and that I may have targeted my own mate [in case Jay is scum] as well. That doesn't make sense in any way.

You not arguing for a Jay + Slick team at this point is pretty much equivalent to a scumslip.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It should also be noted that Orbo and Slick both claim to have targeted the same player whereas Jay is the only one who has claimed to have lasered Rake. I don't think Jay is lying about it as there was a chance that he could've been caught by the tracker at the time he claimed [which would've inevitably lead to Jay's lynch]. Him targeting Rake also lines up with his D1 read on Rake which was surely amplified by Rake's insistence on lynching glg who turned out to be town. Jay also had Orbo as his scumread whereas Slick has mostly avoided taking stances on him [and just about everything else].

I don't see why Orbo would try to laser me unless he was hoping that I'm the tracker. I'm a rather likely target for the tracker so chances for me to actually carry out a hypothetical Night kill were so low that the only realistic purpose of blocking me was to prevent me from potentially tracking somebody.

So we're probably dealing with an Orbo + Slick team.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Tbh, we really should just lynch Orbo. After that quote Gheb mentioned it is really hard to argue he's town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Deadline's tonight and at this rate we'll lose via a no lynch.

Vote Orbo

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
vote:Jay

I think he makes it obvious with his last second switch. Why vote for the person who you know DIDN'T make the kill? I would think Gheb is mafia by how he's listening to Jay so much, but he's obviously town. This is frustrating.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
yeah but town!jay would be in the position of knowing someone else is scum and should be pushing harder or that lynch

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
yeah but town!jay would be in the position of knowing someone else is scum and should be pushing harder or that lynch
Actually, I just realized Gheb isn't cleared. I don't know why I thought he was. He is only clear in that you and he cannot be scum together.

So, yes, I should be voting for Slick.

Vote: Slick

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Also, I don't think anyone felt that Slick was mafia at the end of Day 1. Would it not make sense for his scum buddy, whether it were myself, Gheb, or Orbo, to have him send in the kill?
Admittedly, I myself have not been cleared to have not sent in a kill last night, unlike Orbo and Gheb.

I actually am now retracting Orbo as my main scum partner for Slick atm. Because, now that I've realized Gheb is by not cleared:
You're mafia.

This quote is utterly false. Gheb can still be mafia, just not with Orbo. As a matter of fact, for Gheb is claim he is scum cleared is a kind of scumslip itself.

So I'll be lynching Gheb Tomorrow, assuming Rake turns up and the game doesn't end tonight in a mislynch.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
gheb has also been more protwn than i know him to be as scum and i literally just got out of a game with him as scum. He's also right on orbo which is why i wasnt giving orbo much slack. Gheb is correct on what his POV should be at this point.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

actually screw it:

vote orbo

someone hammer. Willing to risk going with gut feeling on orbo. Slick can die tomorrow

Orboknown

Smash Hero
"Who should we lynch"
"This guy"
"Wrong you should lynch both"
How doni argue that? I chose the perspn more likely to be scum fmpov amd get **** on over it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

actually i giess it doesnt matter cause no ones around

vote slick.
Get it done guys.
Deal with the rest tomorrow
gheb and me laser orbo just to be sure and games over when whoever is scum kills me

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

1. Orboknown [1] - Gheb
2. JaytheUnseen [2] - Orboknown, Slick
3. Gheb
4. SlickWylde [2] - Jay, Rake
5. Rake

Deadline is midnight CST Thursday the 9th! Tonight in 1 and a half hours!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Play continues as usual for awhile after the return to the game. As usual as any game can be down a few players that is... and with cheaters blatantly wearing the colors of the enemy... and a lot of things actually.

But I digress, pretty soon there's another call for a truce to speak with Pete. You eye the offer suspiciously, remembering what happened last time, but it's your only chance to level the playing field. You each call out to Pete, complaining about your suspect player of choice, but curiously he doesn't respond. You all quiet down for a moment, unsure, when you hear a low but distinct sound coming from the referee stand:

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

God dammit Pete is asleep.

And it'd take a good majority of you shouting to him to wake him up, but every time one of you brings up a player as a suggestion for who to shout in unison none of you can agree to it.
Oh well.

No Lynch Was Reached!

1. Orboknown [1] - Gheb
2. JaytheUnseen [2] - Orboknown, Slick
3. Gheb
4. SlickWylde [2] - Jay, Rake
5. Rake

Deadline for Night Actions is midnight CST Sunday the 12th!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
As you turn away from Pete's stand, you all suddenly realize the game has been technically still going this whole time! And you've all left yourselves wide open! Instantly lasers start to fly, taking sides and guesses without hesitation in an explosion of action. Several players are hit in the commotion, and several player's vests flash in the darkness as the game system informs them they've taken too many hits to continue.

As you turn, you think you see something you haven't seen all game. A single flash of Green light bursting out from under a player's outer vest. Finally! Enough errant shots must have hit the real vest underneath to deactivate one of the Green Goblins! You quickly follow and corner the player as he attempts to sneak his way back to his true home base. As he turns, realizing he's been trapped in a dead-end, you see the face of SlickWylde!

"So it's you! I've finally got you!"

"Heh, ONE of us you mean...", replies Slick ominously. "Besides, it hardly matters now that you've seen my secret, it's already too late for you Ocelots!"

You wonder what he could mean for a moment before:

"CREEEAAAAKKKK"

A sliver of light and an all too familiar metallic creak fill the arena.

Gheb: Orange Ocelot has been tossed out a Fire Door!

"Slick! It's done! Now lets mop up these orange losers!", the unmistakable voice of Orboknown rings out a split second after.

"Hehehe! That's all I needed to hear, won't be needing this anymore!", Slick sheds his fake Orange vest as he pushes past you to reactivate his laser...

With the numerical advantage gone the remaining Orange Ocelots are quickly outclassed by their more ruthless Green Gremlin counterparts, and a short time later are defeated entirely. The final buzzer sounds as Pete declares:

"And that's a wrap folks! The winner is... The Green Gremlins!!"

"Congratulations! You're the Laser Fun Zone™ annual Laser Tag Tournament Champions! Well played and well deserved!"

SlickWylde and Orboknown: Green Gremlins are Victorious!

Rake: Orange Ocelot Team Captain has been endgamed!

JaytheUnseen: Orange Ocelot has been endgamed!

"Thanks for playing!"

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Town came very very close to pegging the team correctly, and no actual town member was left voting for a non-scum, but town dawdled on picking a scum player in particular to lynch and sticking to it until it was too late.

Here's the night actions for those curious, arranged as "Player firing laser > Player they targeted"

Night 1

Gheb > JaytheUnseen
Maven > Gheb
JaytheUnseen > Rake
Rake > Gheb
Orboknown > Gheb
Slick > Gheb

Rake Tracks Orboknown
Slick kills Maven

Night 2

Slick > Rake
Orboknown > Rake
JaytheUnseen > Slick
Gheb > Slick

Orboknown kills Gheb

Didn't bother to wait for Rake to get his actions in because Town had already lost after both Jay and Gheb targeted the non-killing scum member.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Don't worry about it, if rake had asked i was gonna be straight up and lie through ky teeth about not swinging ky vote good ol falling asleep lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
sorry, guys. I lost us the game because I didn't log in again Thursday night. :/
I think changing your vote back to me is what did it actually haha. Because Gheb didn't come back on and change his vote to me, and he switched to Gheb in the first place because of you! So thanks ;) haha gg

Top Bottom