• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Tag Mini Mafia Over: Gremlins are the Champs

Maven89

Smash Master
Currently have Orbo/GLG as main priorities. Jay next, then I guess SlickWylde and Gheb. Rake is my only strong townread.

Jay has been very noncommittal but he also seems honest in why he is.

Gheb reacted really strongly to a minor FOS, but outside of that has been fairly townie.

Rake I'm reading town, though I'm not forgetting that he did propose having the tracker just claim.

Orbo's been slimy this game and I really hate his sudden buddying with Rake

GLG has basically just asked questions and repeated other information without adding any commentary of his own. His questions never have followups, and the first real interest he seemed to take was in Rake for voting him.

Orbo/GLG are our lynch targets for the day.

Maven89

Smash Master
Slick comes off legitimate to me and doesn't seem to be faking anything. Only post of his that raised my eye was when he joked that he was going to vote Gheb because it was cool, but nothing came of it so I'm not holding it against him

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@ giraffelasergun giraffelasergun can we get a full list of who you think is scummiest/towniest and why?
Right now rake is my top scum choice. I thought suggesting the tracker claim was a really bad move, and he seems to be posting a lot without really saying anything? Like he always tries to make his presence in thread known without saying much. Tbh I'm sure I'm a little biased here because he seems so confident I'm scum but hasn't actually said anything concrete as to why I'm scum. Like you're not even voting for me right now and you've given more reasons to think I'm scum than he has.

Other than rake I really want to look into the people that are pushing the gheb lynch the hardest. I know this isn't the sole reason, but trying to say someone is mafia because they voted for the wrong person is kind of dumb. Especially because I feel like someone as scum is much more careful to make sure they always say the right things and are voting for the right person. Somethings are scum slips, and others are townslips.

So to put it more concise
Most confident scum read: Rake
Orbo
Slick scum-Neutral
Jay neutral
Maven Neutral-Town
Most Confident Town Read: Gheb.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
lol fixed

In most settups RB's are more useful in trying to pin a person as scum, but here with 3 possible people being rb'd a night with no individual townie positive if a target was actually rb'd (since he can't be sure anyone else targeted the same person as him), the real benefit is knocking out a scum kill. It's basically like a penalty shot where we get an extra chance to find and lynch scum without them being able to do anything about it.

Yeah that seems like the worst case, but the main benefit is that people will target their scummy reads, while mafia will try to target whoever they think the tracker might be. Tracker also has problems this game since even if they track someone to a night kill target, the person could just claim they were lasering them instead, which depending on their past posts and actions might be believable. I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks.
trker would still see the laser burst and them vistin two people

Orboknown

Smash Hero
also, its not buddying its me trusting rake wen my lynch choice won't happen, and the fact is gheb was never a strong read but the day phase was dad and never really got past that point. ergo, I never really got to develop more on geb

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 7 Players it takes 4 to lynch!

1. Orboknown [2] - Maven, Jay
2. GiraffeLaserGun [1] - Rake
3. Maven
4. JaytheUnseen
5. Gheb [1] - Orboknown
6. SlickWylde
7. Rake [1] - GLG

Not Voting: Slick, Gheb

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 30th! (Tonight!)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So we've got one guy who has Rake as his strongest town read, and the other with Rake as the top pick for scum. That's not confusing at all.

So today is the deadline for casting a lynch vote? If we lynch someone, do we find out if they were scum or not? Or is this one of those games where you don't find out till the end?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What I'm seeing so far is that the only person accusing Rake so far is GLG.
There's already another player (Who I think I trust as town now) saying they really trust Rake as town. So that puts him lower on my scum list for sure.
Rake is voting GLG, and it looks like at least 2 other people are either voting GLG or have him high up on their list of possible scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If it comes down to glg vs Orbo toDay then glg's vote should be considered to be on Orbo to all intents and purposes. Same with Orbo's vote practically being on glg in that hypothetical scenario which more or less means that Orbo is at -1 and glg at -2.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote glg

Since my vote isn't needed to lynch Orbo [glg + Slick can take care of that if it comes down to it] I wanna keep the option of lynching glg available to the town. I sure wouldn't mind to see either dead and keeping the door open for a glg lynch seems more reasonable than to overkill Orbo.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Like I legitimately don't understand why I'm at l-1. No one that's voting for me has provide any reasoning as to why I need to be lynched today. If it's a gut read thing at least show a certain post that would make give you the gut read feeling.

ORbo, why am i scum? Or is your vote for me more of a survival technique.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I feel like it's all based on gut feelings right now since nobody's done anything, which means we have no proof or tracking yet. I think I'm veering towards lynching GLG at the moment. I don't see it being Rake or Gheb, and I have no clue about Orbo or Jay (I definitely don't think BOTH of them are scum, since I think GLG is.)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
For me it's basing it off mostly who I trust. Which could kill me. But if people I trust are going after someone, unless I have good reason to think otherwise, I'm going to follow that.

It's weird that we lynch someone before anyone has been murdered. I normally play where you lynch someone after the first kill.

@ giraffelasergun giraffelasergun No worries, I never vote recklessly. I'm just letting everyone know my train of thought. I have not cast my vote yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb why am I scum?
I don't really see any good reason why you should be kept alive. You've not really done anything and just push Rake for his erratic behavior. As far as I can see there's no clear cut pro-town intention in what you're doing .

That's more than enough to justify your lynch.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Currently have Orbo/GLG as main priorities. Jay next, then I guess SlickWylde and Gheb. Rake is my only strong townread.

Jay has been very noncommittal but he also seems honest in why he is.

Gheb reacted really strongly to a minor FOS, but outside of that has been fairly townie.

Rake I'm reading town, though I'm not forgetting that he did propose having the tracker just claim.

Orbo's been slimy this game and I really hate his sudden buddying with Rake

GLG has basically just asked questions and repeated other information without adding any commentary of his own. His questions never have followups, and the first real interest he seemed to take was in Rake for voting him.

Orbo/GLG are our lynch targets for the day.
why do you hate it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Right now rake is my top scum choice. I thought suggesting the tracker claim was a really bad move, and he seems to be posting a lot without really saying anything? Like he always tries to make his presence in thread known without saying much. Tbh I'm sure I'm a little biased here because he seems so confident I'm scum but hasn't actually said anything concrete as to why I'm scum. Like you're not even voting for me right now and you've given more reasons to think I'm scum than he has.

Other than rake I really want to look into the people that are pushing the gheb lynch the hardest. I know this isn't the sole reason, but trying to say someone is mafia because they voted for the wrong person is kind of dumb. Especially because I feel like someone as scum is much more careful to make sure they always say the right things and are voting for the right person. Somethings are scum slips, and others are townslips.

So to put it more concise
Most confident scum read: Rake
Orbo
Slick scum-Neutral
Jay neutral
Maven Neutral-Town
Most Confident Town Read: Gheb.
But why is it being a "bad move " scummy ? I've been saying alot, like we should lynch you. The reason is I think you are scum due to how you are playing. No other reason is really needed lmao. How am I making my presence known without saying much exactly ? I'm interacting with people, kicking tires and all so what more do I need to be doing ? Until just now you can't even claim you were being proactive, and even your vote on me seems largely reactive especially considering you could have done it before when I made that "bad move".

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah, I want to lynch Orbo most, then Rake tbh.
define what makes my behaviour scummy over what i just outlined to GLG and moreso what makes it scummy and therefore making me scum ( i.e why i can't i be town doing arguably scummy things ). As a third prong to my pitchfork, why do you think GLG is town ?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
But why is it being a "bad move " scummy ? I've been saying alot, like we should lynch you. The reason is I think you are scum due to how you are playing. No other reason is really needed lmao. How am I making my presence known without saying much exactly ? I'm interacting with people, kicking tires and all so what more do I need to be doing ? Until just now you can't even claim you were being proactive, and even your vote on me seems largely reactive especially considering you could have done it before when I made that "bad move".
I asked you why you wanted to lynch me and your response was "I think you're scum." That doesn't actually mean anything, obviously you were voting for me because you think I am scum. I was hoping you could say something specific about my play that makes you read me as scum, but you really didn't. My vote for you came so late because I thought at some point you were going to elaborate but you didn't.

A lot of your interactions don't really have depth though. Like I said above you were definitely posting that I should be lynched, but there was nothing behind it. And sure you asked the whole bit about the "would you shoot yourself" but you never explained why you asked that. You are somewhat vocal, but you never say "this is why I'm doing this" or "this is why I think this" which means that you aren't actually saying anything.

Also, I think it's really funny that it took you this long to say why I'm scummy but the moment jay says he thinks you're scummy he has to have a reason.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I asked you why you wanted to lynch me and your response was "I think you're scum." That doesn't actually mean anything, obviously you were voting for me because you think I am scum. I was hoping you could say something specific about my play that makes you read me as scum, but you really didn't. My vote for you came so late because I thought at some point you were going to elaborate but you didn't.

A lot of your interactions don't really have depth though. Like I said above you were definitely posting that I should be lynched, but there was nothing behind it. And sure you asked the whole bit about the "would you shoot yourself" but you never explained why you asked that. You are somewhat vocal, but you never say "this is why I'm doing this" or "this is why I think this" which means that you aren't actually saying anything.

Also, I think it's really funny that it took you this long to say why I'm scummy but the moment jay says he thinks you're scummy he has to have a reason.
he needs to explain a reason beyond just agreeing with you. If you hadn't asked gheb why you were scum i would've, and I already know orbo flat out agrees with me. It's one thing to agree but to use another player as a wall of reason while said follower relaxes in the sun is something that shouldn't happen

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Sure it does, it means I think you are scum, that your actions have been previously scummy and / or I had a intital feeling your intent was scummy. Why would specification make any difference though ? If i said, "I think your vote on me is OMGUS, for reading you as scum and just blindly pushing you" that really doesn't change anything beyond giving you the chance to say "well that's wifom", so how does that make me less scummy than just voting for you and stating i think your actions are scummy, you are scummy and therefore i vote for you as such. Why would elaboration change your opinion. You're making it sound as if scum reading me is inevitable by virtue of me not giving away much or that by being more open it would change your read, but the fact is you can't say now " well I was waiting for you" because you could have been active in making me explain or active in pushing me for blindly assaulting you with my approach, but you didn't, you didn't go out of your or attempt to even to change my mind or even bother interacting within the thread or pester me for insight, which if it was really so important to your read on me, you would have. The fact is you couldn't care less because you were and have read me as scum regardless. You haven't asked others to chime in on me previous despite the fact i've done nothing but push for your lynch since the begining of the day, and moreso you've only now started to show an interest in me and the thread when you're right about to be lynched. You're lacking in protown approach simply due to the fact that it took you this long to scum read me over my actions. There has been enough time for you to question others about my motives or anything related, but instead now that you've finally arrived, you've centered in on having people explain why you are scum instead of truly legitimizing your push on me until just recently. You're not attempting to simply play through the pressure and have it come to light that you are town, and instead have just resorted to pushing the only scum read you have available in me.

There was something behind it though, pressure. I wanted you to come in, to be active, to interact and maybe even start calling me out on my literal headlong assault on you but you never did. The fact is as town you should have been bothered by this by maybe 2-3 irl days in and should have been telling people "hey, look how rake's tunneling me, isn't that weird / odd , shouldn't he be doing something, shouldn't he be asking questions or posting something other than "lynch glg". I asked it because first and foremost it was a test to see if anyone would call me out on rolefishing (good on maven for not letting that slide by the way), but moreso as I stated, there's not a good reason not to. I'm ok with people countering with "well there isn't a good reason to either" but the pure fact of it is no townie who believes they are townie immuteably (which is the attitude they should have given they know they are town) should actually oppose the idea outright because it doesn't actually hurt them anymore than eating a rb from two other people would.

Do I need to baby step for people though to be considered to be town ? And in point of fact i've been the most forthright out of any slot. I voted you. Why did I vote you ? because i think you are scum. Plain and simple

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think the issue we're having rake is that when you initially voted for me the first time around I thought it was a rvs vote and didn't really see the point in responding to it because I didn't think there was a reason behind it. Later on when you said things like "lynch glg he's scum" without backing it up I asked you about why you were voting for me and when you took a while to respond and when you responded you just said he's scum I again just thought that was you just being scum and trying to get an easy lynch. I will admit, I should have pushed you further and asked other people if I thought it was weird that you were doing that, but I just took what I thought was the logical action and just assumed you were scum for it. I should have responded stronger, but I didn't initially thing it was a scummy thing to do so I just didn't.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 7 Players it takes 4 to lynch!

1. Orboknown [2] - Maven, Jay
2. GiraffeLaserGun [3] - Rake, Orboknown, Gheb
3. Maven
4. JaytheUnseen
5. Gheb
6. SlickWylde
7. Rake [1] - GLG

Not Voting: Slick

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 30th! (Tonight!)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Like I legitimately don't understand why I'm at l-1. No one that's voting for me has provide any reasoning as to why I need to be lynched today. If it's a gut read thing at least show a certain post that would make give you the gut read feeling.

ORbo, why am i scum? Or is your vote for me more of a survival technique.
because all you've done is say "hey rake why" and it took you until now to actually vote im, also you've pretty much gone off about nothing else at all.
we touched gundams. Mine was bigger than orbo's
brah

Maven89

Smash Master
Unvote

Vote: GLG

, and he seems to be posting a lot without really saying anything? Like he always tries to make his presence in thread known without saying much.
is basically a better way to phrase this

which is why I'm voting for GLG. He's made posts where he'll repeat other people's information to the same person to make it appear he's talking when he's not contributing anything, and his whole push on Rake revolving around him not contributing much when the guy has posted multiple large posts detailing all of his thoughts and strategies about the lasers. Granted, I think they're pretty bad strategies, but to say the guy "wasn't saying much" is just wrong.

Also, reading through the game again the Orbo push was going way too smoothly, I didn't like it and felt very uncomfortable how little opposition there was to it.

I believe this is a hammer @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43

Maven89

Smash Master
Man I was hoping that would be the flip

If glg is scum I'm looking at jay, if he's town then probably either Orbo or Gheb but might entirely change depending on any other flips during the night

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Man I was hoping that would be the flip

If glg is scum I'm looking at jay, if he's town then probably either Orbo or Gheb but might entirely change depending on any other flips during the night
What does that mean? You were hoping I wouldn't vote for him?

Top Bottom