• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Tag Mini Mafia Over: Gremlins are the Champs

Maven89

Smash Master
Uhm, no. I said that it's probably a good idea to discuss our usage of the laser gun together in the thread and reach a consensus on how we'll proceed from there.
Please explain what discussions we'd have that wouldn't involve targets being public? Because I can't think of any and it seems to be the only avenue of discussion we'd really have

Nowhere did I say or even imply that we should make our targets publicly known though.
I had considered something like that but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. It runs the risk of provoking an unnecessary Tracker claim.
You were the first to bring it up with a non-decided tone and the reason you brought up wasn't even the major reason we shouldn't do it, I feel justified putting you under the FOS for that
Now I feel double justified since you felt the need to backtrack from non-committal to being entirely against it

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Vote Gheb because it seems the cool thing to do. ;) jk but the back tracking does worry me a little.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If I were scum, my plans going into this day would be to come off as being pro "announce targets," but not be entirely committed to the idea, as that might stick out too much. I'm going to reread and see if anyone seems to have behaved that way.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Unvote

On a reread I feel the only one who came off that way was Orbo. Gheb never said that we should discuss our targets, he said we should discuss whether we should use them in that way or not.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well, you seem committed to the idea, but not too forceful about it.
nah, imam play by town consensus here. also, by that logic rake is more in depth and committed to his idea but hasn't me back since, nor even tried to pan it out to anyone besides me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Please explain what discussions we'd have that wouldn't involve targets being public? Because I can't think of any and it seems to be the only avenue of discussion we'd really have
Is that actually the case though? I'm not sure. I really don't know. But I think it'd be better to have at least the glimpse of an idea on what to do even if it's very unspecific. Stuff like agreeing to not target player X or a specific player withholding on using the laser gun for whatever reason. I just wanted to encourage people to share their ideas on that kind of stuff. I don't really see why it should be an issue.

:059:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Tracking? Not sure what you mean by that. I'm worried that he "mixed up" Maven and Rake. That just seems weird to me.

Sorry I'm dumb and misread your post.

Also, I agree with Gheb that it would be a good idea to have a few people we think are town enough that we should definitely not shoot.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
nah, imam play by town consensus here. also, by that logic rake is more in depth and committed to his idea but hasn't me back since, nor even tried to pan it out to anyone besides me.
I know Rake has been a lot more steadfast, but that's why I actually think he's town believing it's a good idea.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 7 Players it takes 4 to lynch!

1. Orboknown [1] - Maven
2. GiraffeLaserGun [1] - Rake
3. Maven [1] - Gheb
4. JaytheUnseen
5. Gheb [1] - Orboknown
6. SlickWylde
7. Rake

Not Voting: GLG, Slick, Jay

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 30th!

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm actually voting Orbo because of his vote on Gheb without any explanation, not because of what Jay said. I don't think Orbo lacked commitment

Orboknown

Smash Hero
didn't like his backtrack onto trying to get out his the sitch wrt what jay said and I doubt he messed up maven and rake because they're nothing alike and maven didn't even mention what rake said, or rather was on the other side of the argument

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not backtracking on anything though? All I did was refute Maven's point.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
you didn't tho? yeah you didn't explicitly say do this or that but you brought the subject up and you implied when talking bout what I said that is ho youd do it

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I kinda thought of Gheb unvoting for Rake and voting for Maven instead seemed like backtracking. It could have been a mistake though, but isn't the point of this game to look for inconsistencies? That definitely seemed a little odd to me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I kinda thought of Gheb unvoting for Rake and voting for Maven instead seemed like backtracking. It could have been a mistake though, but isn't the point of this game to look for inconsistencies? That definitely seemed a little odd to me.
And what would you conclude from that "inconsisteny"? I've blatantly argued that Maven's been scummy while not mentioning Rake once.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
where did you argue that? I see you trying to say maven misconstrud your posts about the lasers but I never once saw you mention him to be scummy before voting him

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Jay, who do you think is scum?

My eye's on Orbo atm. Not for sure scum, though, he has just been closest to my personal ideal scum play.
I'm not seeing much on the discussion between Gheb/Maven. Neither strike me as particularly scummy.

Top Bottom