• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

Troy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, actually any one can live w/ half a brain. Except.. you'll have physical problems etc <_<.. i saw a show where a girl had a brain..thingy going on (not sure what exactly) and the only way she would potentially survive, is to remove half her brain. And she surprised, but, she feels sloshing in her head, and has problms w/ her hand (whatever opposing side was removed)..

... Sorry, just kinda butted in ;;>_>

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its quite alright. And its true that almost any human can live with half a brain. some time ago a study was done on a live brain still inside a living breathing conscious human; they numbed her skull and since there are no "feeling" nerves in brain tissue they were actually able to electrically stimulate the brain with small rods. They found out that whenever they touched a certain specific spot in the brain it would arouse a corresponding memory and every subsequent time they touched that specific spot that same memory would occur in the patient. The funny thing that happened though is that some time later that patient eventually had to have a half of her brain removed and even after it was gone they found that she had every single memory that she had always had which led them to believe that the way information is stored in the brain takes on a holographic nature (that is to say that any one single part of the brain holds all of the information of the whole at any given point in time). This led to a whole host of great discoveries in neuroscience since.

For more information you can read "The holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.

: D : D : D : D

cF=)

Smash Lord
What you just wrote is surprisingly interesting. It means (if I understood correctly) that you hold a monstreous number of time a "copy" of your memory ?

Does it explain why we theorically use only 10% of our brain ?

Do you know if the brain parts reserve to certain activity (sound recognition, images, etc.) can also be transfered and manage by another region ?

If there's a french version of your book, I would certainly read it :D

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Yeah, it's a random myth that people continue to spread and say "what if we could use 100% of our brains LOL!!!1"

Truth is if you only used "10%" (aside from the fact that there's no way to truly measure this) you'd probably be brain dead. The whole brain is there for a reason, with electrical activity going on in the whole thing.

cf=) said:
Do you know if the brain parts reserve to certain activity (sound recognition, images, etc.) can also be transfered and manage by another region ?
That however is true. This is one of the amazing things about the brain, it is very good at compensating. A deficiency in one part can be made up for by more activity in a different part.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it's a random myth that people continue to spread and say "what if we could use 100% of our brains LOL!!!1"

Truth is if you only used "10%" (aside from the fact that there's no way to truly measure this) you'd probably be brain dead. The whole brain is there for a reason, with electrical activity going on in the whole thing.

Your right its totally wrong to say that we use about 10% of our brain. a more accurate esstimate would be around a third(33% thats what my psyche teacher told me). And no the term Brain Dead reffers to the condition wherein absolutly NO electrical current is running through the brain. Besides even for a mentally ******** person this percent wouldnt change as 99% of our brain activity is spent on coding and organizing our sensory input. It would be better to say what you said for a deaf/blind person. but that would even be wrong, due to the brains awesome adaptability the senses left would be greatly enhanced and the brain would grow to be able to make the smallest distinctions in things we normally take for granted.

By our standards <3 is totally right.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Even with half a face.

So, I'm wondering what do you guys think of the theory behind "quantum physics" you know mind over matter, or rather the mind has the ability to affect the world around it. It definitely exists on some level, science keeps on proving it... though it can't really be explained, what are your thoughts?

Intelegen discussion in the picture thread no less...

EDIT:
Auto sig...

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
cF's cute x3 Nice smile n_n

Pic's were taken at a friend's 18th recently xP

Super bright camera flash in the dark is not kind on the eyes. Dx

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
You will do well to take Varuna's advice, Kujirudo. He is very experienced in the art of sophisticated internet rebuttals.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
You look like a friend of mine in this picture. I can't disclose her name, since that information is classified, but I will tell you this: She looks a lot like you. Her eyes are green and she's got longer hair than you. She's 3 years younger than you though...don't know if that's offensive or not, but don't take it as an insult.

EDIT: Wow, you two REALLY look the same. She even has the same hair; it's just that hers is longer, and even then only by a very small amount.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know I also have a friend who looks EXACTLY like Emma Watson, no joke. I know it sounds ********, but it's true. The resemblance is absolutely uncanny. The first thing I ever said to her was "You look like th girl from Harry Potter." We met through a friend who brought her along to a show (Joe Strummer tribute or something). But yeah. EXACTLY like Emma Watson.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Personally, Azua, I don't like that pink eye shadow.

And Cyphus, I like your myspace friends.

Aka I like pedobear

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friend doesn't wear eyeshadow though, and she has natural black hair. I can't tell if you do because your eyebrows are brown but your hair is black. I'm assuming you have natural brown and dyed your hair black but who knows? Your making a funny face in that picture though. You look very serious.

On a side not, I have long hair, should I get it cut? It goes naturally into my face so I always have to move it aside and it looks ridiculous when I have it behind my ears. If I get it cut, it won't be short, because it'll look stupid and I'll hate myself for the rest of my life. I'm thinking of getting it cut kinda like this guy:

Just a thought.

Top Bottom