• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Err, it's not hurting anything by there being people here who don't play smash. Most people here who don't used to, but quit, but still have friends in the community. Sure they could go to different forums online with similar topics, but the thing is, their friends wouldn't be there, they'd be here.

:059:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
there are plenty of other boards that would cater to your interests.
Why do you post your pictures on a smashbros website? There are plenty of other boards that would cater to your interests.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Smashboards has a pretty big community and a lot of ex smashers stick around for the people.

There are a lot of miscellaneous boards and considering how Smash is basically a Nintendo love fest, there are so many things people can talk about here other than Smash.

How short sighted.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Mizuki are you just trying to make yourself unlikable? There are plenty of other boards for people that enjoy being disliked but you don't see us telling you to go there.

I mean, I am, but that's not the point!

Also this is me before I got a goatee, god I'm ugly. Think this was like, a year or two ago.

Maybe 10, who knows.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Smashboards has a pretty big community and a lot of ex smashers stick around for the people.

There are a lot of miscellaneous boards and considering how Smash is basically a Nintendo love fest, there are so many things people can talk about here other than Smash.

How short sighted.
Pretty much this. I can safely say that I try and play Smash on occasion, but I stick around mainly because I <3 the people here.

Also, Falcon, are you practicing for your prison mugshot? Or do you just hate the world THAT much?

Smooth Criminal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I don't see the problem. This forum suits my needs just fine, besides, I'm still a Smash Bros. fan, and like Teran said, Nintendo stuff is spoken of here, hell, gaming and such things in general. This place is just fine.

Falcon you look so angry at life.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Smooth, I saw your avatar and then read your post. I was momentarily shocked to read that Morrigan "<3's the people here"

:confused:

:phone:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
We should delete all accounts that are unable to presents records that they attended a tourney in the past year. I would personally take on the whole task.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's asking the all important question that I ask myself every day.

"Why am I still alive?"

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks! It was hilarious to see all the storm troopers go all *mush* when they saw baby Yoda. My son seriously walked up and waved at them while they were in the middle of taking pictures with people. He didn't want to leave them. I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of pictures of him somewhere online!

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Tacket! I am very proud of my family!
TM, he really was...we could barely get out the door at the end because everyone wanted to stop us for a picture with baby Yoda!

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I still don't see it. I'm sorry.

I was just confused/curious as to why non-smashers still post on this site. i didn't intend to make people mad.
No, everyone here started out with an interest in Smash. They were here with interest in the game, but they stayed for the people.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mizuki,

Baha and I were mods of this site back in the day and we have become really good friends with so many people on swf. We actually had a tournament the week before we got married and had a lot of people come from all over to be there. Baha and I don't play Smash anymore. Not because we don't want to, but because there is no time. I have the baby and Baha is going to be a doctor in a few months. I'm sure people's responsibilities take over their free time as it did ours. Baha and I used to be college kids who were able to devote time to gaming and being mods. Not so much anymore!

But I always try to take the time to check back and see what old friends are up to. I don't feel like it was an attack on your part. I feel it was actually a valid question.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
i mean non-smasher as in you guys don't really play anymore. i get that most everyone was a smasher before, but it just didn't make sense to me that people would still post on the forums.

i know there's other parts of it, but they don't really seem large enough, or relevant to justify still posting on them.

i do understand the attraction to liking the people, but it makes more sense to me just to add their personal contact information and speak to them like that.

maybe thats just how my mind works though. i know that swf was definitely big in helping me with coming out about being transgendered, so maybe its like that. :p

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm Facebook friends with some swf peeps. But only the ones I've met personally or have had A LOT of contact with. I think we like to use the boards because we can all interact together. Facebook, texting, calling...it is usually only two people communicating. Occasionally there are the crazy Skype sessions but we can't hear over each other. It is much easier to have discussions here...especially since this is where we all started being friends. We can joke about past posts and such. Does that make sense?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I'm at full sail, new student and all from monday morning. I went to some mandatory courses over the weekdays and by far, it's pretty damn nice. I met people who I can really talk to and discuss on things. I've joined several school clubs that are simply intriguing for me and also some not as intriguing, but just for supporting and being part of it (LGBS Club for example). I just got a new computer to mess around with, but mostly to use it on projects and such; And probably a lot of it when I do get them. I really LOVE the library as there's a ton of books that can help me further my education and improve on things in the near future.
I even met this one student who knows everything about full sail and what secrets it holds. So yeah, I'm pretty glad and worried so far. I still need to deal with the financial problems before deadline.

So besides that...

This thursday night, my university was holding an event for WWE'S NXT.

The Big Show was there and I was pretty excited to see him. In fact, this is my fist time being on WWE. I've gotten a free ticket for entry since I'm a student, so it was an exhilarating experience for me. I saw a ton of matches like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's cousins, The Usos; The Big Show, and all that. Again, it was a pretty exhilarating experience for me. I also saw and met Stephen King for the first time, which was a one-of-a-kind exciting moment. It was just too amazing for me. Oh my god.

So, a final thing here is that I got my new mac autographed by legendary WWE wrestler, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Too cool. :D

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Macs are good for being overpriced and stupid.
What the **** did you just say? I'll have you ****ing know that I dislike Macs as well and I agree that they are overpriced as **** but let me tell you something: they're good for multimedia purposes

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
He keeps saying good for multimedia purposes and somehow I doubt he has real evidence to back it up.

Especially seeing how you can make a stronger pc FOR A CHEAPER PRICE.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
He keeps saying good for multimedia purposes and somehow I doubt he has real evidence to back it up.

Especially seeing how you can make a stronger pc FOR A CHEAPER PRICE.
I reiterate: what the **** did you just say? Goddamn, I'm aware that you can build a PC with specs that match a ****ing iMac and still end up with a lower price tag. Like, ****. The industry heavily uses Macs so it would make perfect ****ing sense to use a Mac (or at least in this industry).

This ****ing thread, man.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Vinyl, you're going into game design stuff, correct?
If so, PLEASE dual boot.
You won't be able to run programs like 3DS Max (unless your school uses Maya....Maya works on Macs), Zbrush (THIS ONE IS AWESOME. YOU NEED IT IF YOU WANT TO MODEL REALLY AWESOME STUFF IN A FUN WAY...minus the silly UI), game engines, etc on Macs without Windows.

Also it depends on WHICH PART of the creative industry you are getting into. Game Art/Design tends to avoid Macs, Graphic loves macs, Animation can swing either way (but ive seen a good chunk of animation students use Macs because it can run Maya), VFX uses either or, etc.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You see the part where he didn't actually explain what the **** he means by "good for mulitmedia purposes"? Especially for game design which still heavily favors the pc lol. You know what an Xbox is right? It sure as **** isn't a Mac.

luv(sic) you ****ing up bro lolololol

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, it's just computers guys. Chill out. Who cares how other people are spending their money as long as they can justify it for themselves?

My dog and I and some afternoon sun. Maybe a glass of wine too, but not in pictiare. n___n

Top Bottom