• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

C.SDK

Smash Ace
luv(sic) you ****ing up bro lolololol

I'll never give up dammit. I'm never wrong.

You see the part where he didn't actually explain what the **** he means by "good for mulitmedia purposes"? Especially for game design which still heavily favors the pc lol. You know what an Xbox is right? It sure as **** isn't a Mac.
Seriously, bro? The closest thing a video game console has gotten to a PC was the original ****ing Xbox. In case you didn't notice I was talking about the general arts industry. I'm not focusing on video game design or some ****. I've been to art schools before and all they have is ****ing Macs. You will most likely work with a Mac if you attend an art school so you should at least get a Mac so you know what the **** to do with the damn thing.

Goddamn, my carotid artery hurts from just reading this ****.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You know, I was in an art class for 3 years, probably one of the best at highschool level in the state. They all had macs.

Guess what? My pc ran photoshop better lolololololololol.

Also holy **** you seem mad, this is coming from the guy with the world's angriest face for an avatar/guiding spirit.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Man, it's just computers guys. Chill out. Who cares how other people are spending their money as long as they can justify it for themselves?

My dog and I and some afternoon sun. Maybe a glass of wine too, but not in pictiare. n___n
So adorable omg
I always love when you post pics TM! Always interesting and smile inducing ^_^

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
yay!
Randomly found this thread, and the first thing I see is puppydog nose :bee:

Totally awesome way to end a night. :3
Kbye~

C.SDK

Smash Ace
You know, I was in an art class for 3 years, probably one of the best at highschool level in the state. They all had macs.

Guess what? My pc ran photoshop better lolololololololol.
I was in a ****ing art academy in my high school and they used Macs too. You think I don't know this ****? Any OS with high specs can run a program like Photoshop decently. You know the program Flash? That **** gets pretty ****ing resource hungry once you start ****ing with tons of layers. Mac or PC, as long as you have decent specs, you can expect the program to run without a hitch. I'm gonna have to agree with ThunderMistress on this. Why the **** was I making it such a big deal then if that's what I believed this entire time? ****, I don't even remember what I was arguing about.

Also holy **** you seem mad, this is coming from the guy with the world's angriest face for an avatar/guiding spirit.
I'll have you know that I'm pretty ****ing calm. Don't let my forum demeanor trick you as I am ****ing calm right now and if you don't believe that then what the **** can I say.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Do you lack reading comprehension, bro? I conceded in my last post for ****'s sake.

Just let Vinyl use whatever the **** he wants. If Vinyl needs a PC because of certain programs, he can just dual boot as Lokii said.

Brb, gonna take out my frustration on this goddamn stress ball.

EDIT: LOL. Okay, I can't help it. That was my impression of you, Falcon. I think Smooth Criminal caught on in my first post when he said "notbad.jpg"

But in all seriousness, Mizuki, there's no need for that. People should be able to use whatever computer they want to use if they can rationalize the use for it as ThunderMistress said. Though what I said was true that I dislike Macs and they are overpriced for the specs they have, but I still think people can use them if they want. Though I still believe that from time to time it should be pointed out they are heavily overspending when they go with a Mac so that they can hear from both sides so they can decide for themselves if they still want a Mac or not. You can let people know about this without coming off as some smug *******. As for the actual "argument" at hand (Macs vs PCs etc etc), that was just a bunch of crap off of the top of the head just to keep this charade going, lol. You can look at my post history and see that I never talk like this, lol.

Doser

Smash Ace
People should be able to use whatever computer they want to use if they can rationalize the use for it as ThunderMistress said
While I would agree that everyone should be free to buy what they want, saying that their purchase cannot/should not be criticized if they can rationalize it to themselves is just hilariously stupid.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
While I would agree that everyone should be free to buy what they want, saying that their purchase cannot/should not be criticized if they can rationalize it to themselves is just hilariously stupid.
Which is why I said this:

Though I still believe that from time to time it should be pointed out they are heavily overspending when they go with a Mac so that they can hear from both sides so they can decide for themselves if they still want a Mac or not. You can let people know about this without coming off as some smug *******.
You can critique a purchase but just don't be an ******* about it. There's a difference between "You're so dumb for getting a Mac" and "Are you sure about getting a Mac because of X and Y reason?" If they are still adamant about it, then let them make their purchase.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys seriously I think that's quite enough.

Edit: Wait woops old habits die hard.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I really like how I'm talking about my experience at a university and then people discuss about a freaking mac.

For the love of god, guys. Really?

Edit--

Vinyl, you're going into game design stuff, correct?
If so, PLEASE dual boot.
You won't be able to run programs like 3DS Max (unless your school uses Maya....Maya works on Macs), Zbrush (THIS ONE IS AWESOME. YOU NEED IT IF YOU WANT TO MODEL REALLY AWESOME STUFF IN A FUN WAY...minus the silly UI), game engines, etc on Macs without Windows.

Also it depends on WHICH PART of the creative industry you are getting into. Game Art/Design tends to avoid Macs, Graphic loves macs, Animation can swing either way (but ive seen a good chunk of animation students use Macs because it can run Maya), VFX uses either or, etc.

Boot Camp, correct?

I had thoughts on using that for quite a while. The current software I have right now is Adobe CS6 and Microsoft Office 2011. I could even use windows for some games too, lol. I will have to wait a for a little bit though since I didn't really start yet since it's on the 19th. I do like to thank you for the advice though since I hadn't put more thought into it with the software. My major is Game Art, so yeah.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yeah, Boot Camp is used to dual boot on a Mac.
Just keep in mind that it takes between 10-20GB depending on what you're putting on it, XP and Vista are 10GB, and Windows 7 is 16GB for 32-Bit, and 20GB for 64-Bit I think. I also don't think you can use Windows 8 on it yet.
I ran Windows XP on iMac when I did my Game Art/3D unit in College, and used 3DS Max for it, and it worked fine, so having a Mac isn't a problem.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeah, Boot Camp is used to dual boot on a Mac.
Just keep in mind that it takes between 10-20GB depending on what you're putting on it, XP and Vista are 10GB, and Windows 7 is 16GB for 32-Bit, and 20GB for 64-Bit I think. I also don't think you can use Windows 8 on it yet.
I ran Windows XP on iMac when I did my Game Art/3D unit in College, and used 3DS Max for it, and it worked fine, so having a Mac isn't a problem.
^ this basically.
Just make sure your system has a good amount of RAM if you arent going to be rendering in school. I have an alienware atm (lol PC equivalent of paying for the brand xP), but mine has upped specs in order to render out 3D well (beautiful graphics card, 8 GB RAM but looking to upgrade that sometime soon, etc), since our school computers have lower specs than my laptop > : / (plus, finals week means render farms....which means oh gosh no computers anywhere ever)

Photoshop, 3D programs, and game engines take serious amounts of power to run (and, to run simultaneously).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Less computers more pictures plz.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel ya man, I hate my facial hair. I tried no-shave November this month and got 11 days in before I couldn't stand it anymore and had to shave -.-.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dunno, I kinda like my goatee but holy ****, the hair grows in borderline patches on the side so I have to shave it just about every other day.

PREPPING MY BODY FOR LOKII.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think not shaving because of a made up thing like that is one of the most pointless things ever. Might as well start wearing pink to support women with breast cancer while I donate exactly zero dollars to actually do anything about it.

Sippin' dat hateorade.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Movember claims that through raising awareness of men's prostate and testicular cancer, they can also raise funds. Their website lets you donate and I assume a part of the profit from their merch gets donated to the foundations they fund.

I'm assuming that's how breast cancer awareness works too.

But even then, eh, Movember seems like harmless fun. I'd do it. If only I didn't absolutely detest facial hair on my face. :mad:

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can actually create an account for Movember and have people donate to it which then goes towards cancer research, or the such. If you're doing it without actually fundraising then it really does kinda defeat the purpose.

Just went to a Food festival in Melbourne (hoorah free entry, love being a food blogger) with my mum and ate like a mofo.

Delicious, delicious lamb skewer <3

Mum and I having chocolate pops from one of my favourite dessert places in Melbourne. <3

Feasting on chocolate tart. Nomnomnom.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Oh god. I'm so hungry right now. XD
Your pictures made me even more hungry. A chocolate tart sounds delicious right now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I hate facial hair. I hate having to shave. ****.
My feelings exactly, though maybe the reasoning is a little different, I guess? If anything, there's laser hair removal; near where I live, it's only $150 dollars a session, and with quite a few months between sessions, it isn't all that expensive... right?

:phone:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
definitely considering laser.

my facial hair comes in thick and while my hormones havent quite settled yet I'm still getting acne which acts up when I shave.

fml.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
definitely considering laser.

my facial hair comes in thick and while my hormones havent quite settled yet I'm still getting acne which acts up when I shave.

fml.

I know the feeling. I'm only on my second week today on hormones and I already want the laser. *sighs* Guess I'll have to just tough it out... for now, anyway.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It aint a beard till you find a cheerio stuck in it from who knows when. lol

love my facial hair, cept the fact it curls around the sides of my chin... makes me look even creepier than I already do.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Having facial hair would be okay if I got a lot of it so I could go for a beard or something. As it is now it's just a fuzzy mess that I need to shave constantly.

Top Bottom