• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm absolutely freaked out by snakes.

That snake was gorgeous, though.

Nice shots.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

My favourite snake and the one I want.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm not really a huge brand snob when it comes to cameras as I think it generally just comes down to what you're most comfortable with.
Cool, we agree.
But really though, Nikon and Canon have always been camera companies, and have done digital SLR's for many years whilst Sony hasn't, I think at the end of the day it really just comes down to that.
wait, what?

Nikon and Canon I think can provide better hardware and support since it's what they've always done. Maybe Sony can prove itself in time. And I mean also, because Sony is newer into the SLR foray, the selection of lenses and additional attachments is a lot smaller than Nikon and Canon who have a beautiful, beautiful range of lenses. <3 Yes you can get 3rd party lenses, but having had to borrow my friends Tamaron lens recently since I left my kit lens on my camera which I've sent off to repair, I notice quite a difference in quality and don't really enjoy the Tamaron lens at all.

I mean , I shoot with a Nikon D70s usually, although I have a Canon G9 which I carry around in my handbag for daily use. However, because I am so used to my Nikon, I'm personally not fond of using canon SLR's.
How many lenses do you have? Every camera salesman will try to sell you on the lens selection bs just to get you to spend more money on a canon or nikon when most people are going to buy maybe 1 more lens for that camera, if that. And I'd hardly judge all third party lenses off of one that you borrowed from a friend. They can be easily superior to proprietary ones if you're willing to pay the $$.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
CogSmooch, I have three different lenses and I have different needs for them in different situations. Although I'm not looking to expand my brood anytime soon, I really wouldn't mind a 200mm zoom for travelling.

Yes maybe my judgement of third party lens is a bit quick, but it's what I've heard from a few other friends as well. :]

As for my comment on Nikon and Canon's doing SLR's longer, you were quizzing why people all conform to Nikon and Canon and I assume it's because they a good reputation and a better known name for SLR's. Was just my thoughts. :]

So the other day I gel-ed my hair which I haven't done in ages and ur. Went kinda androgynous. Hahahaha.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
CogSmooch, I have three different lenses and I have different needs for them in different situations. Although I'm not looking to expand my brood anytime soon, I really wouldn't mind a 200m zoom for travelling.

Yes maybe my judgement of third party lens is a bit quick, but it's what I've heard from a few other friends as well. :]

As for my comment on Nikon and Canon's doing SLR's longer, you were quizzing why people all conform to Nikon and Canon and I assume it's because they a good reputation and a better known name for SLR's. Was just my thoughts. :]

So the other day I gel-ed my hair which I haven't done in ages and ur. Went kinda androgynous. Hahahaha.
thats all true.Canon and Nikon will always stay on top.its amazing.

the reason i shot this because i was bored.i thought this was kool,imagine if a room had a memory and i recorded everything that happen there...something to tell a story.to me thats really emotional

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
it just occurred to me that i have yet to show my ****** blue hair to the general public of swf
so here you are

bright blue with ice blue bangs/highlights and midnight blue underneath
gg
and yes that's the hair that's growing out of my scalp
no wig this time

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
Well I figured it's time to show what got me hooked since high school and kind of kept me away from these boards in all these years haha

It's time for me FEESH!! Right now only two tanks are fit for photographing, and some of my current Bettas (aka Siamese fighting fish).

10 gallon tank. Inhabitants include a pair of Balloon Blue Rams, 6 Black Neon Tetras and a Synodontis Petricola catfish

Anejo Patron bottle. Thoroughly cleaned and inhabited by a single daphnia water flea.

Just bought this boy, Halfmoon Plakat Orange Dragon.

Black Orchid Halfmoon.

Female Steel blue Halfmoon

Female purple/red Veil Tail girl.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Looking at your tanks, I was like 'Where are the fishys?'

*scrolls down* O_O

Omg so beautiful, the orange dragon and especially the black orchid are amazing, it's like they have a mini fan behing them.
I Wan em >_<

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Are halfmoons types of bettas? <3 bettas

Nah, I wasn't quizzing really... I know why people automatically buy them, I'm just saying that that reason (other people have them so I recognize the name) is kinda dumb. XD Moar photos to make me jealous of the warm place!

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
Haha thanks! Yeah Halfmoons are types of bettas. The bettas most people see are veil tails. Halfmoons and Halfmoon Plakats are the most popular right now. You can tell a halfmoon by looking at it's caudal (tail) fin. If the spread of the fin is 180 degrees it's a halfmoon. If it's not quite, then it's a delta or a super delta. There's also crowntails, their name is kind of self explanatory when you see one like this guy:

Wow cool fish! Can they all live in the same tank, or do they have to live in different ones because of their habitat?
Oh yeah and to answer your question, no the bettas all have a tank to themselves. Some of them are able to live with other fish, but most of them are solitary. They were originally bred to fight, so the bettas you see nowadays are super aggressive compared to the ones in the wild. Wild bettas can live together perfectly fine, given enough space.

Also I don't keep them in anything less than a gallon. Yaknow how everyone just keeps them in a bowl? Well that's like keeping your child in a closet. They can survive, but they're not thriving. Also they're tropical fish and need to be kept in water around 74 degrees-82 degrees F. My walltank doesn't have a heater since Hawaii doesn't really get cold, but some of the larger tanks do. Most other places they NEED a heater to survive. That black orchid halfmoon I have is gonna be 3 yrs old now, I know someone who has a 9 yr old betta. So if you properly care for them, they'll stick with you forever ;)

I specialize in planted tanks, so all the tanks you see, the plants are all live. I only have one tank with fake plants but that's only cause it's in an awkward place and pruning would be a pain. The anejo patron bottle has only a water flea in it cause that's all the life it'll be able to support. I don't clean my tanks, I just do partial water changes. I do water tests one in awhile to make sure the plants are doing their job and absorbing the wastes from the fish :D

That's a 2.5 gallon with a young apple snail and a steel blue delta betta. It's the one with fake plants, obviously. Only a couple real ones.

Wall tank. It's got just a runt blue halfmoon boy.

6 Gallon. This is the orange dragon's new home. Other than him, it's got 4 kuhli loaches. They look like:

3 gallon eclipse. It's got 5 red flame tetras and a baby siamese algae eater.

Here's what the inhabitants of the 10 gallon earlier look like:

Balloon Blue Ram

These pics are reference pics since mine are too hard to capture xD

Syndontis Petricola

Black Neon Tetras

Top Bottom