• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lakerz fina take this *****!!!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Definitely not Lakers in 6...there is no way that they're going 4-1, especially if they do what they did today. I don't know why everyone is saying that they had a bad game, both teams were playing fine, it was just some great defense, especially by the Celtics.

That story is pretty horrible though Sheridan...Yeah I know though, there are some pretty fking stupid Raider fans, but that's pretty much the way Oakland is with their sports (definitely not an excuse for what those ppl did). It's serious business i guess haha.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Definitely not Lakers in 6...there is no way that they're going 4-1, especially if they do what they did today. I don't know why everyone is saying that they had a bad game, both teams were playing fine, it was just some great defense, especially by the Celtics.

That story is pretty horrible though Sheridan...Yeah I know though, there are some pretty fking stupid Raider fans, but that's pretty much the way Oakland is with their sports (definitely not an excuse for what those ppl did). It's serious business i guess haha.
Wanna bet?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Both teams were playing terrible....the Lakers ****ed up constantly, but because because Boston was ****ing up, they were still within like 5 the entire game. My two favorite moments....when Sam Cassell pump faked with 1 on the shot clock, and then passed it and got a 24 second violation...and when PJ Brown got an offensive rebound over 3 Lakers without even putting his hands up.

Hey did anyone else notice how many shots rattled out this game? Weirdness.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
it was a good game no doubt about it but the normal way both these teams played wasn't their but whatevr they will both get better as the games progess and the lakerz will over come them

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I was worried when Garnett missed his lat 9 shots before slamming in the dunk:urg:

Edit: BTW at the start of the playoffs I told my fam. and friends if Celtics and Boston made it to the end they should do a there can only be one with Bird and Johnson and they did!

I LOLed

samdaballer

Smash Ace
officiated sucked brawls, and i was surprised that the lakers almost came back at the end. They HAVE to win all 3 at home to have a chance, but more than likely, they'll only win 2 :(

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i dont know if anyone remembers this play, but i lol'd when odom threw the ball off pj browns head to keep it laker ball during third quarter. *facepalm* at sasha taking the shot during that crucial possession late game -.-

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
They aren't boston refs, they are refs in boston haha. The only way they could be biased is if they were betting on the game >_>. There were some bad calls, but it's the Lakers' fault that the Celtics went to the line 3x more than them, not the refs. Of course if they do find out that the refs were betting on the game though I'll shut up haha

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lol @ lakers fanboys in this topic.

get *****.

not that i care who wins or anything. i guess i'd slightly prefer the lakers over the celtics.

neither team are the rockets, suns, warriors or hornets, so i don't really care TOO much.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if anyone remembers this play, but i lol'd when odom threw the ball off pj browns head to keep it laker ball during third quarter. *facepalm* at sasha taking the shot during that crucial possession late game -.-
that play was awesome =D the look on brown's face was priceless :laugh:

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
hopefully the refs decide to call things on both sides of the floor in game 3...i have no doubt that we would've won had we gotten to the line more...here's a fun fact covered in BS, by the end of the 2nd quarter the celtics had their 22nd and 23rd free throws compared to the lakers' 2 free throws

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
here's a fun fact apropos of nothing, by the end of the 2nd quarter the celtics had their 22nd and 23rd free throws compared to the lakers' 2 free throws
Fixed your post

Here's why stats like that are so meaningless and are often informed fans just trying to find something to ***** at:

But the disparity in fouls was not that much, 28 to 21. So most of the fouls on the Lakers were shooting fouls because Powe and company were taking it to the hole.
Not surprising considering the Lakers are facing the best defensive team in the NBA by a large margin.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I guess this is as good a forum as any to state this:

"In the meantime, Bryant was 7-of-16 with four turnovers entering the fourth quarter with the Lakers trailing 83-61. What happened next may present a formula for their revival:

He came out of the huddle urging backup guard Sasha Vujacic to stick tight with Allen, especially in transition. The Lakers were embarrassed and on the verge of needing to win four of the remaining five games against a team they'd been unable to stop; but there was Bryant, raising a fist of solidarity to Vujacic as play resumed. It's no coincidence that Allen, who entered the quarter with 15 points on 10 shots, was held to one field goal attempt throughout the final period.

During second-half timeouts, Bryant could be seen demanding rather than pleading. He was in the business of raising standards. "Get our beep in gear,'' said Bryant, quoting himself while deleting his own expletives. "Play beep harder. A bunch of other beeps. It's beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep. Eddie Murphy Raw times 10.''

[...]

It's a good bet that Bryant is going to keep the Lakers in this series. The MVP of the league is up against it, and his name isn't Dirk Nowitzki. More than any other player in the league he can go where he pleases, and he can make any shot imaginable within 24 feet. No one is better under pressure or in a tight game."

Puff pieces like this is a large reason why Kobe's ego is so inflated, his game so overrated, and Lakers fans so big headed.

Uh, how about the fact that you just glossed over the major reason why the Lakers were in such a hole: Kobe Bryant's play? 7-of-16 with four turnovers to get 14 points, that's just absolutely horrible. There's no other description for it. So yes, Kobe gets his team back in the games, but he also also puts them there in the first place, and he also loses them games. Believe it or not, the play is just as important in the 4th quarter as a turnover is in the first.

Selection bias.

For the best player "under pressure or in a tight game," why are his horrible 4th quarter performances so often ignored? I've watched so many Lakers games over the years, and all you have to do to see it for yourself is simple: every time Kobe's in the 4th, just start keeping track of his turnovers and shooting percentage. You'll be astonished how many times he's just flat-out bad. But you won't hear anything about it unless you actually look up the facts yourself or go to 82games.com or something.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
Fixed your post

Here's why stats like that are so meaningless and are often informed fans just trying to find something to ***** at:

Not surprising considering the Lakers are facing the best defensive team in the NBA by a large margin.
excellent use of taking something youve heard and passing it on as your own....but sometimes you have to go beyond regurgitating what the sports announcer says...combined FTA in games 1 and 2: BOS 73, LA 38...nearly twice as many...verify it if you want on nba.com

im not saying the lakers played a perfect game...but IF certain players were sent to the line as they shouldve been, in combination with the 4th quarter surge, which brought them within 2 points...LA wouldve taken the game

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
I guess this is as good a forum as any to state this:

"In the meantime, Bryant was 7-of-16 with four turnovers entering the fourth quarter with the Lakers trailing 83-61. What happened next may present a formula for their revival:

He came out of the huddle urging backup guard Sasha Vujacic to stick tight with Allen, especially in transition. The Lakers were embarrassed and on the verge of needing to win four of the remaining five games against a team they'd been unable to stop; but there was Bryant, raising a fist of solidarity to Vujacic as play resumed. It's no coincidence that Allen, who entered the quarter with 15 points on 10 shots, was held to one field goal attempt throughout the final period.

During second-half timeouts, Bryant could be seen demanding rather than pleading. He was in the business of raising standards. "Get our beep in gear,'' said Bryant, quoting himself while deleting his own expletives. "Play beep harder. A bunch of other beeps. It's beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep. Eddie Murphy Raw times 10.''

[...]

It's a good bet that Bryant is going to keep the Lakers in this series. The MVP of the league is up against it, and his name isn't Dirk Nowitzki. More than any other player in the league he can go where he pleases, and he can make any shot imaginable within 24 feet. No one is better under pressure or in a tight game."

Puff pieces like this is a large reason why Kobe's ego is so inflated, his game so overrated, and Lakers fans so big headed.

Uh, how about the fact that you just glossed over the major reason why the Lakers were in such a hole: Kobe Bryant's play? 7-of-16 with four turnovers to get 14 points, that's just absolutely horrible. There's no other description for it. So yes, Kobe gets his team back in the games, but he also also puts them there in the first place, and he also loses them games. Believe it or not, the play is just as important in the 4th quarter as a turnover is in the first.

Selection bias.

For the best player "under pressure or in a tight game," why are his horrible 4th quarter performances so often ignored? I've watched so many Lakers games over the years, and all you have to do to see it for yourself is simple: every time Kobe's in the 4th, just start keeping track of his turnovers and shooting percentage. You'll be astonished how many times he's just flat-out bad. But you won't hear anything about it unless you actually look up the facts yourself or go to 82games.com or something.

your also forgetting that boston has the best defense in the nba...not because kobe cant do it..he is just up against so much

they almost made the greatest comeback in history so it doesnt look like they cant stop boston..home court advantage has been huge this playoff season and im sure it wont stop now statistics speak for that..

haaha and i find it funny how so many ppl jumped on bostons back like it was jesus comming back..were was this band wagon last year when celtics were like 24-54 and just started tanking games because they were so bad that they lost games on purpose to get someone like garnett in the off season..its dumb how ppl hop on a team just because its the thing to do...and for p u've been waiting all season to find a reason to blame kobe and talk **** for the lakers losing were finnally in the nba finals u can get your wish haha.1

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
It's not Boston's fault or the referees' fault for the Lakers not getting more FTs, it's their own fault. I don't think the refs are going to be able to call over 30 less fouls and get away with it. Maybe other Lakers should drive in more and draw the foul, instead of just depending on Odom/Gasol/sometimes Kobe. Plus flopping isn't a fine until next year, so maybe they should figure that out too haha.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
excellent use of taking something youve heard and passing it on as your own....
That's why I quoted it, right? lmao @ you getting butt hurt for being wrong. Funny that John Hollinger just wrote an article on this.

but sometimes you have to go beyond regurgitating what the sports announcer says...combined FTA in games 1 and 2: BOS 73, LA 38...nearly twice as many...verify it if you want on nba.com

im not saying the lakers played a perfect game...but IF certain players were sent to the line as they shouldve been, in combination with the 4th quarter surge, which brought them within 2 points...LA wouldve taken the game
Because they're taking jump shots. To get fouls, you have to take it to the lane. Read the article yourself and stop being ignorant. The Lakers aren't getting fouls because they are shooting jumpers all day. If they get fouls in the next couple of games, it will be (gasp) because they stopped shooting jumpers all day.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMAO at this blog from Curt Schilling on Kobe:

"This one stunned me a little bit. Who doesn't know Kobe Bryant right? I only know what I have heard, starting awhile back with the entire Shaq debacle. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on or about him other than to know that people feel he might be one of the 4-5 greatest players to ever lace it up. What I do know is what I got to see up close and hear, was unexpected. From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy ***** at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren't doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about "hey let's go, let's get after it" or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team.

"...as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after-effects of conversations. He'd yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a 'whatever dude' look."

So much for Kobe turning into a great teammate, amirite?

Top Bottom