• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laijin is coming down to Florida in September!(Check first post for vids)

Laijin

Smash Hero
For those of you who don't know me, I am Laijin. I am only known in the smash community throughout things I rather not mention(although people STILL remember. wtf) and within a few of the forums here.
So..an introduction as to who I am.

-I am Laijin
-I live in GA
-You can say that I am GA's Young Link, since I am the only dude who plays him here seriously.
-I've been playing smash for 4 years.
-Im moving to Winter Park FL to attend Full Sail. Its like..north west FL or something like that.

Now that you know a bit about me, it would be awesome play some smash with you guys since i've heard so much about how good at smash you are. About how you guys are super competitive and take the game really really seriously(Which would suggest why the tournaments you have usually have much higher entry rates than the GA tournies?). I know of a few of you that have come to GA tournies. Mostly just Exarch, Green Mario and Manosuki. :o

My questions to you are:
-Who wants to come to my place and play Smash with me when I move?
-Are there any Young Links in FL? Cause i'd kinda like to become Florida's Young Link. lol

The Laijin Compilation video thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104298

Col Bol

Smash Champion
First Post :)

SmashMac's (Best Doc in FL) and AngryLobster's (Best Ness in FL) Young Links are both sick (neither mains them though):

SmashMac (Young Link) vs Fenrir (Link) 1
SmashMac (Young Link) vs Fenrir (Link) 2
SmashMac (Young Link) vs DaShizWiz (C. Falcon)

Couldn't find any vids of AL's Y. Link...

Edit: I just mapquested full sail, and you are only 15 mins away from me! :D PM me or IM me at Shinedblind if you want to smash...

Edit2: You are also only 15 minutes away from the rest of my crew in Orlando...

MEFL:

Upcoming Florida Tourneys (+ Major OOS)

• May 19th - MEFL - [thread=100218]iNet Gamerz #1[/thread] - (Kissimmee)
  • May 26th - MEFL - [thread=102154]GIGABITS #: 16[/thread] - (Orlando)
  • May 26th - MWFL - [thread=102526]Twilight Showdown 4[/thread] - (Brandon) *possible date change?*

• July 12th-14th - OOS - [thread=95892]FC '07[/thread] - (Indiana)

• TBA in Summer - MEFL - [thread=101862]NOOB 1[/thread] - (Orlando)
Edit3: Also, were you by any chance at Smash Aid VII? I remember playing a really good Young Link...It was a white young link I think...I play Fox.

Dop

Smash Journeyman
i kind of am FL's current YL so i guess we're gonna have to decide this in battle

all items/maps on.
team attack on... but there will be.

no.

teams.

Dun. Dun. Dunnnn.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah that's right, GTFO.

We dont want you.

JK.

Hope ya have fun in FL, laijin, and actually, you'll probably be seeing me MORE if you're moving down (t)here. I'm gunna start goin to more FL stuff while im at school cause it's closer to me, so you'll still have 1 semi-friendly face.

Sucks that you're gunna be leavin GA though. :/

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Dude, yeah, Laijin...Winter Parks isn't a bad place to be for good Smash around... We're pretty much centered in Orlando around here, so you'll be good.

As for YL's of note, Smashmac, Angry Lobster, Exarch, and Vzakat all come to mind. I have a YL, but since I never play him, it doesn't count. I just grew up is all...

First thing for you to do is start going to Gigabits tourneys...that's where it's at.

vZakat

Half Genie
I didn't think my young link was good enough to be mentioned, but meh, whatever.

We should copy the links and do FFA's on brinstar depths, forside, and Hyrule. :p

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Smashmac, Please inform them who has and who has not, in fact, mastered young link.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
SmashMac's YL is too beastly. I've never seen AL's YL, I bet it pwns though considering how good his Ness is lawl.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
SmashMac's YL is too beastly. I've never seen AL's YL, I bet it pwns though considering how good his Ness is lawl.
Man.

I thought I had a pretty good ness.

Then I went down to Gigabits, and I saw AL demolishing his pool.

I sat in a corner and kept my mouth shut. :(

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I secondary YL after Doc. I know AL's YL is crazy because I've seen it. Never seen Exarch/VZakat's YL before but I know they both play Roy as low-tier. I don't have any up to date vids. online but I think ColBol showed some of mine from a few months ago (Thanks ColBol).

Even though I don't know if they use them in tourney or low-tier tourney, Boomstick's YL is sick as well and Queen's YL is nuts. Queen's YL actually gave me the nitch to look into YL a bit more before when I was still learning the game and later on once I knew more about the game's physics and terminology I picked up YL seriously.

Hope to see you at a tourney soon Laijin so we can get some matches in. You'll like in it Florida as well. Fullsail is a nice college as well and the campus is huge. I was going to go there after High School but the Game Design and Development Program is too much so maybe I'll go in a few years when I'm 21.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'll try and have some smashfests at my place so I can play you guys when I get down there more often. FL seems like a lot of fun. I can't wait to play your YL SmashMac.
Oddly enough, I main Doc too. xD Hes my second. So playing you overall should be pretty fun.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Uh Fullsail is no more than 5-10 minutes away from UCF where most of our crew (Noob Testament) is located. Even though everyone else in my crew are noob ****s you can play with me from time to time for a real challenge.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yeah bro we r like 5 min away from fullsail, come to my place if u wanna meet us, PM me or this noob a$s kid who plays marth (i think he goes by skrach8) if u need directions.

ohh yeah n dont listen to sheer until u see him waveshine with falco (hint* hint* u prolly wont see such thing)

hahahaha im jk were all ok at this game, we usually go to every tourney around here n occasionally SFL ones

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
I secondary YL after Doc. I know AL's YL is crazy because I've seen it. Never seen Exarch/VZakat's YL before but I know they both play Roy as low-tier. I don't have any up to date vids. online but I think ColBol showed some of mine from a few months ago (Thanks ColBol).

Even though I don't know if they use them in tourney or low-tier tourney, Boomstick's YL is sick as well and Queen's YL is nuts. Queen's YL actually gave me the nitch to look into YL a bit more before when I was still learning the game and later on once I knew more about the game's physics and terminology I picked up YL seriously.

Hope to see you at a tourney soon Laijin so we can get some matches in. You'll like in it Florida as well. Fullsail is a nice college as well and the campus is huge. I was going to go there after High School but the Game Design and Development Program is too much so maybe I'll go in a few years when I'm 21.
Dang dude...joodaman

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
i cant wait till u move down here. im only an hour away. when i get a car we'll have smashfests all the time. i might be goin to this tournament at the end of may here in tampa. ill have to see. itll be my first tournament in a year. **** its been awhile.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
TheBlueBlur is going to Full Sail too.
You'd better give us periodic updates on how awesome it is.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Uh Fullsail is no more than 5-10 minutes away from UCF where most of our crew (Noob Testament) is located. Even though everyone else in my crew are noob ****s you can play with me from time to time for a real challenge.
Hey, there are people going to be at UCF who are not among the noobs...

there's me, and QDVS, and DarkFalchion is close...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Laijin, you are moving to FL :confused: ? wtf? When was Jordan going to tell me about this? Oh well, at least you will find people to smash with you who are really good like DaShiz and others. (I can't find people in Oxford :urg: ).

P.S. This is Ryan if you did not know.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
For those of you who don't know me, I am Laijin. I am only known in the smash community throughout things I rather not mention(although people STILL remember. wtf) and within a few of the forums here.
So..an introduction as to who I am.

-I am Laijin
-I live in GA
-You can say that I am GA's Young Link, since I am the only dude who plays him here seriously.
-I've been playing smash for 4 years.
-Im moving to Winter Park FL to attend Full Sail. Its like..north west FL or something like that.

Now that you know a bit about me, it would be awesome play some smash with you guys since i've heard so much about how good at smash you are. About how you guys are super competitive and take the game really really seriously(Which would suggest why the tournaments you have usually have much higher entry rates than the GA tournies?). I know of a few of you that have come to GA tournies. Mostly just Exarch, Green Mario and Manosuki. :o

My questions to you are:
-Who wants to come to my place and play Smash with me when I move?
-Are there any Young Links in FL? Cause i'd kinda like to become Florida's Young Link. lol

The Laijin Compilation video thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104298

nice man.whats gonna happen to ur clan cash money then? lol

well yeah id be glad to play some games with ya =D

Top Bottom