• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 - Atomsk/Ally/M2K/Fatal/Lie/Kingtoon/Junebug/Anti/ADHD/Nairo/Vinnie -NJ-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm just saying that every character that can plank should just be reduced tp 30-35 ledge grabs, i don't need to plank anyways, metaknight has way more options than just plank. But I have been to a handful of tourneys where Pits win entire sets by just planking and giving those players 50 ledge grabs is just ridiculous.
I myself would actually prefer a universal lgl of 40 tbh like it was before but for now the BBRRC is testing out how 35 for mk and 50 for everyone will go. So far its been okay but there haven't been any big tournies recently so this will be a nice test. I don't think any excessive planking will happen though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'd be ecstatic if you could find me a tourney in the last year where a Pit came close to winning the tourney with video evidence of planking
But it would be even better if you brought this to the unity discussion thread keitaro linked you to ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
meh, he's good, but he ain't no rogue pit
who btw im gonna try to bring here. he was supposed to be at the last one

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
Back in winter fest Orlando 2009 there was this Pit player who kept winning sets because he over used planking, this guy got pissed so he told the tournament starter and then he (TS) decided to limit everyone's ledge count to 35; needless to say, the Pit player lost the very next round and the match after that, he then went on to keep losing until he was disqualified. I honestly forgot about his name, this was about a year and a half ago.

Keitaro

What town do you live in again Malcolm?
Back in winter fest Orlando 2009 there was this Pit player who kept winning sets because he over used planking, this guy got pissed so he told the tournament starter and then he (TS) decided to limit everyone's ledge count to 35; needless to say, the Pit player lost the very next round and the match after that, he then went on to keep losing until he was disqualified. I honestly forgot about his name, this was about a year and a half ago.
That's interesting to hear. I'm guessing there was no lgl when he was planking right?

I'm curious to whether a 50 lgl would have stopped the problem also. I'm pretty sure it would have but I see why you were complaining in the first place.

Hopefully 50 isn't too high for all characters besides mk. If any problems due occur because of the 50 lgl ill be sure to bring it to the rest of the BBRRC immediately.

Also that Pit player is gay lol!

Keitaro

I plan on making a thread today regarding carpools and who may have open spots in their carpools and hopefully it'll help you out.

Title of thread updated so more people can smile :D

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
What town do you live in again Malcolm?

That's interesting to hear. I'm guessing there was no lgl when he was planking right?

I'm curious to whethere a 50 lgl would have stopped the problem also. I'm pretty sure it would have but I see why you were complaining in the first place.

Hopefully 50 isn't too high for all characters besides mk. If any problems due occur because of the 50 lgl ill be sure to bring it to the rest of the BBRRC immediately.

Also that Pit player is gay lol!
Yes there was no ledge count rule back then, besides 50 grabs is more than enough to plank for like 2 minutes straight, since (from what I've seen) when you grab the ledge in succession the game doesn't count each grab, there must be a time from each grab to go by for the game to count it as "1 grab", a few months back I was messing around in friendlies and decided to plank this Marth player, I planked him for about 20-35 seconds, once the match was over (I forgot who won) my ledge count said it was 1X (the number was in the tenths) so yeah... Besides doesn't the MLG ruleset say is 35 grabs?

Keitaro

Carpool and Teams Stuff

Hey guys, this tournament is now a little less than 3 weeks away!

So since most of you SUCK, imma help ya'll find teammates and carpools by consistently updating and reposting this post regarding carpools, teammates, and possibly housing to help you guys work out your plans for this tourney.

Teams Established:
Gnes and Mew2King?
Ally and Anti?
Pelca and Cheese

Teammates Needed:
Takeover
Xzax
Mav
Gunblade
Tony T

Carpools:
Inferno's Carpool: North Jersey: Inferno, Pierce, RJ, Heero, Ally, Deltacod, Bleachigo -Full-
ADHD's Carpool: RJ. -Full-
Chibo's Carpool: Philly: Spots possibly open but probably will be filled by Philly people
Keitaro's Carpool: Central/North NJ: ??? I will be picking up Gnes from the airport so I may be able to get people very close in the Newark area. Maybe :p

These players need rides
Arban (Staten Island)
Malcolm
Kid
Roller
Gunblade

Thats it for now. If you're looking for a teammate or need a ride let me know and I'll update this.

Keitaro

Mortal Kombat 9 and Super Street Fighter 4 added as side events :0

Updates on those later. DM should be handeling the non Brawl events (MVC3, MK9, and SSF4)

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Why so many side events that ARENT EVEN related to Brawl when you could do something for Brawl? This is getting dumb seriously
I agree. Having one side event unrelated isn't bad, but 3 is way too many. Instead, it would be better if we did mid or low tiers. Just do singles and teams if you want 2 events.

Keitaro

Its only side events. They won't get in the way of Brawl at all tbh as all the tvs brought for Brawl will be used for Brawl. DM and HG both came up with the idea for MK9 and I'm gonna let it go. Shoryuken players wanted SSF4.

If anything this will be the first and last time I host anything non smash related at any of my KTAR events.

Edit: One of the main reasons I'm allowing the side events is because they can be run on the couple 360 setups I'll have while Brawl stuff going on. Running mid tier, low tiers, etc are much harder to run at the same time as Brawl singles, doubles, All-Brawl than those games (MK9, SSF4, MVC3). I experienced the trouble of it first hand at Inui's last tourney where I was running Mid Tier Doubles, Mid Tier Singles, and Singles all at the same time. Complete hell.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Why so many side events that ARENT EVEN related to Brawl when you could do something for Brawl? This is getting dumb seriously
You do realize that side events don't help the TO at all and actually add work for him right? He's doing this for us. Just because you don't like the side event games doesn't mean a lot of us don't. Stop complaining

also, isn't allbrawl a brawl side event?

Keitaro

Ill take off SSF4 for now. Its extra work and neither DM or myself care for it so bleh :p Only 3 SRK players (and Emblem Lord) wanted it anyway.

Sorry if these decisions bothered some of you guys. It should be nearly the same as the last KTAR when there was a PS3 setup on my widescreen. Neither MVC3 or MK9 should be getting in anybody's way at all and they will probably have a couplle (3 to 4) widescreen tvs used for them that nobody would want to play Brawl on anyway.

There will still be Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, and All Brawl.

AllyKnight

You do realize that side events don't help the TO at all and actually add work for him right? He's doing this for us. Just because you don't like the side event games doesn't mean a lot of us don't. Stop complaining

also, isn't allbrawl a brawl side event?
Yep then put some people playing atleast 2 different games (Delaying the tournament)

Just like at Smash hit (tourney finished earlier still) but we were waiting on people playing MVC3 for brawl.

I'm not complaining cuz I don't like those games, but I want the main events run smoothly, eat a **** GIMR!

Gnes

Smash Master
Yep then put some people playing atleast 2 different games (Delaying the tournament)

Just like at Smash hit (tourney finished earlier still) but we were waiting on people playing MVC3 for brawl.

I'm not complaining cuz I don't like those games, but I want the main events run smoothly, eat a **** GIMR!
I sort of agree, but its whatever. I like watching marvel.
Also, why the hell do you have dojo's sig lmaooo

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Hey Keitaro if you are goin to pick up Gnes from Newark then could you possibly pick me up as well? it is really easy to get to the airport from my house.

Also, this is for Takeover. Wanna team? =]

Keitaro

I'll let you know whenever Gnes gets his flight info. Depending on when he arrives I may have to get someone to bring him to my place or the tourney like last time.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
South Orange is close to Newark. Get me when u get my mans Gnes. Cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
I am still looking for a teamate, if anyone is interested please pm me? I use Lucario btw.
Check your PM, I am willing to team if you pay for train and taxi fare or pick me up from new brunswick train station. PM me your number, we can discuss this.

Keitaro

Maybe I can get someone to pick people up from New Brunswick train station at a certain time the morning of the tourney for money. Hmmm. I'll work on that.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
"For money" That sounds very vague, how much "money" are we talking about? The recession isn't exactly over, I refuse to pay over 7 dollars for any services and that includes a ride back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom