• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 4 Results and Video Thread 1/15/11

Kaffei

Smash Hero
LOL shut up ***

you'd be annoyed too if people still questioned stupid stuff like that after doing the absolute best possible for a really long period of time
how long are u gonna keep playin brawl

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
well first I played it cuz I wanted to be the best + I LOVE smash

but when MLG ended and my ban from dallas I went emo + stopped caring

but since I still have my best controller I'm still **** at it (I honestly think that's a factor)

and I'm just as good as before for now

but eventually I'll stop. I kinda only play for money now although I do like winning. I also only play at tourneys I don't see a reason to play outside of them with MLG out of the picture. I kinda wanna be a game designer or study programming or something (even though I hate programming....) but I've been too lazy on that but I plan to change that soon cuz I wanna do more with my life since I've already reached my personal goals in this game.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
mew2king, you really cant consider yourself the best player and consistent player in the US

until you adopt Jem.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well first I played it cuz I wanted to be the best + I LOVE smash

but when MLG ended and my ban from dallas I went emo + stopped caring

but since I still have my best controller I'm still **** at it (I honestly think that's a factor)

and I'm just as good as before for now

but eventually I'll stop. I kinda only play for money now although I do like winning. I also only play at tourneys I don't see a reason to play outside of them with MLG out of the picture. I kinda wanna be a game designer or study programming or something (even though I hate programming....) but I've been too lazy on that but I plan to change that soon cuz I wanna do more with my life since I've already reached my personal goals in this game.
yo u shud be the best programmer ever just like ur the best brawler
u can win at that
since u like winning

=D

also can i ask u one thing it would mean a lot to me if u just said yes or no
when u fight ur opponent do you always watch your opponent

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Time to go into SUPA SA-YA-JIN MODE of REPLAYS!!

I'm gonna go crazy and start working on this crap all day so expect a good batch of vids up later today.

Also guys there's a tournament in Mississippi with a $2500 BONUS POT!! Its $500 bonus for Brawl singles, $500 bonus for Melee singles, $500 bonus for Melee doubles, and $500 bonus for Brawl doubles!! There's also another $500 bonus for something, I don't remember.

Singles costs $20 per player so if only 50 players shows, the pot for singles will be $1500!! Basically this is a pretty dam good opportunity for alot of players that want that money!!

Here's the link of the tournament, go ask questions or post if you're curious about it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295713

Vega4

Smash Ace
@ vega4 - I've ***** every top player in the past month and have the best tourney record (+ consistency) for a really long time esp. recently. I have nothing to prove in this game. I kinda don't really care anymore tbh I've lost the passion I had (unless I go to Japan I would be hyped for that).
I know you are that good, but that's in the USA and using MK.

You want more challenges? Then like I said, beat in Japan raper players like Masashi (best Pit in the world) and Kakera (best IC's in the world) , or those Diddys that can do infinite locks in tourneys (like Nagahari)... if you can do that in their official stages (you should know already that they don't allow gay counterpics) then you can be considered as number one of the world. Until then you are just number one in USA...

And if you want more challenges in USA, try to do all that you have done already (win consistency, **** and all that) using another character (at least in only one big tournament)... yeah, I know that you need the money and all that, but now you are talking about not having anymore to prove... and I think that this Japan torney is going to show you that MK used at his 100% is not better that other characters used at his 100%...

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I know you are that good, but that's in the USA and using MK.

You want more challenges? Then like I said, beat in Japan raper players like Masashi (best Pit in the world) and Kakera (best IC's in the world) , or those Diddys that can do infinite locks in tourneys (like Nagahari)... if you can do that in their official stages (you should know already that they don't allow gay counterpics), and playing the style that you say that you are using now (agressive and not running away when you feel in disadvantage), then you can be considered as number one of the world. Until then you are just number one in USA...

And if you want more challenges in USA, try to do all that you have done already (win consistency, **** and all that) using another character (at least in only one big tournament)... yeah, I know that you need the money and all that, but now you are talking about not having anymore to prove... and I think that this Japan torney is going to show you that MK used at his 100% is not better that other characters used at his 100%...
So your saying that for him to be qualified to be the best player in the world, he has to play a certain style to beat everybody?

I'm sorry but the reason m2k is the most consistent in brawl because he flat-out knows how to win. Sometimes it takes camping to win and sometimes it takes an overwhelming approach to beat an opponent. Don't blame m2k for the way he plays, blame brawl for the way you have to play at times to win. Sure he might not be the best at match-ups, but he plays to win. I don't care how you win, but if you consistently win in tournaments, than you have the right to be considered the best player in the world.

strawhats

Smash Master
So your saying that for him to be qualified to be the best player in the world, he has to play a certain style to beat everybody?

I'm sorry but the reason m2k is the most consistent in brawl because he flat-out knows how to win. Sometimes it takes camping to win and sometimes it takes an overwhelming approach to beat an opponent. Don't blame m2k for the way he plays, blame brawl for the way you have to play at times to win. Sure he might not be the best at match-ups, but he plays to win. I don't care how you win, but if you consistently win in tournaments, than you have the right to be considered the best player in the world.
Im pretty confident that m2k can beat 90-95% of brawl players world wide...if he loses he learns the mu and then comes back. I believe m2k's biggest strength is playing to the situation and adjusting accordingly. He's not the fastest adapter (hence why it may require a loss for him to win ultimately) but he learns how to play people vs playing a mu.
Which is why he's learned how to fight diddy and I believe will ultimately learn how to fight olimar. The japanese are intellectual players from what I've seen. Europeans are lil more aggro. I honestly think m2k's know ho win mentality makes him better than almost any person that plays this game.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Im pretty confident that m2k can beat 90-95% of brawl players world wide...if he loses he learns the mu and then comes back. I believe m2k's biggest strength is playing to the situation and adjusting accordingly. He's not the fastest adapter (hence why it may require a loss for him to win ultimately) but he learns how to play people vs playing a mu.
Which is why he's learned how to fight diddy and I believe will ultimately learn how to fight olimar. The japanese are intellectual players from what I've seen. Europeans are lil more aggro. I honestly think m2k's know ho win mentality makes him better than almost any person that plays this game.
pretty much.

falco03

Smash Lord
jason i swear you repeat youself everytime.
rich brown beat and coney would have if you didnt scrooge coney so idk jason.

jason is a dramma queen
gnes overrated even though thats my ***
man i wish i went to this sighs

Kaffei

Smash Hero
jason i swear you repeat youself everytime.
rich brown beat and coney would have if you didnt scrooge coney so idk jason.

jason is a dramma queen
gnes overrated even though thats my ***
man i wish i went to this sighs
u gey

:troll:

Vega4

Smash Ace
@Takeover1806
Ok, you win, I edited the post. Let's sat that he is the best even if he win cowardly...
But if he doesn't, then he is just the best in USA...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
so ignorant. if you have the nerve to say m2k is the best in the usa until he proves himself ooc, you cant say kakera and masashi are the best iceys and pits in the world when they havent done squat outside of japan. i mean come on now really? smh.

OverLade

Smash Hero
so ignorant. if you have the nerve to say m2k is the best in the usa until he proves himself ooc, you cant say kakera and masashi are the best iceys and pits in the world when they havent done squat outside of japan. i mean come on now really? smh.
There are an assload of factors in this kinda thing though.

Regions/Matchups/metagame. M2K is pretty safely the best player in NA, more safely than anyone on any power ranking is number 1 in their region imo. But saying DEHF is better than RAIN because of one tournament in the US, or that RAIN is better than DEHF because he dominates Japan (which has a host of amazing players that no one has ever played in the USA).

I just prefer analyzing playstyle and ability when watching people in deciding who's better, because a lot of people only place the way they do because of the specific people they're stacked up against.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
There are an assload of factors in this kinda thing though.

Regions/Matchups/metagame. M2K is pretty safely the best player in NA, more safely than anyone on any power ranking is number 1 in their region imo. But saying DEHF is better than RAIN because of one tournament in the US, or that RAIN is better than DEHF because he dominates Japan (which has a host of amazing players that no one has ever played in the USA).

I just prefer analyzing playstyle and ability when watching people in deciding who's better, because a lot of people only place the way they do because of the specific people they're stacked up against.
well this is true, but put it this way.
M2k has been stacked up against about everyone in the US.
Even in Japan you don't see anyone as consistent as m2k.
The only other consistent players we've seen besides m2k is ally.

Gnes

Smash Master
I guess since Lie switched to diddy now i get to 3 stock that chr. just like his falco :)

Summary of Red's post-I memorize playstyle's on youtube.
Ksizzle speaks the language of my heart.

Consistent Ally was 09 :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
Summary of Red's post-I memorize playstyle's on youtube.
LOL I dont even watch youtube videos anymore. And I didn't memorize peoples playstyle I just "got the gist" of what they were likely to do...

well this is true, but put it this way.
M2k has been stacked up against about everyone in the US.
Even in Japan you don't see anyone as consistent as m2k.
The only other consistent players we've seen besides m2k is ally.
Thats what I said. M2K is the best and most consistent player in the USA, and probably the world. But there's no telling if he'd be as consistent if he lived in Japan etc.

And Kadaj 9B and Masashi are consistent in their region, but not the best in Japan etc. They're the equivalent of top WC players on a scale of top NA players.

strawhats

Smash Master
Who's the best in Japan then?

btw...im not a brawl player at all. I just like being informed.

I respect the community and m2k is my favorite player (melee)

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Bleh bad wording I guess.

9b dominates his region as well as Masashi.

But the past few nationals that have been held in Japan I'm almost positive that Masashi has won them, but even under them they have a **** ton of players who all can compete on a national level. Like 40 or more

OverLade

Smash Hero

I respect the community and m2k is my favorite player (melee)
Im pretty sure RAIN/Brood/Shuu/Ganbaranai/Gano are all better than Masashi. Japan has a ****load of players just under the level of RAIN/Brood though. Like everytime they upload a new video I see another random top MK or Snake.

And Akira used to be the best in West Japan but he doesn't seem to play much anymore (according to OP).

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I thought for sure Masashi was the best over there. Ganbaranai kicked some *** at that one tourney he 6-0ed 9B but I haven't heard much of the Japanese scene after that. I don't know where you guys get your info from.

I need to get Suinoko in here.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
They post the majority of their info on this website (Idk the name off hand since it's bookmarked on my laptop and I'm not home atm) you need something like google toolbar so that the japanese text is automatically translated.

They even post on mu's and stuff as well, but some stuff is a bit diffcult to find and also some of their terms for certain moves are difficult to interpret since some things just get translated into a romanization of a japanese word

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

They have no clear best player. The west of Japan is dominated by 9B and Masashi ... Nagahari does well too. Souther and Akira were some of their best players but are inactive now. The east has Shuu, RAIN, Nietono, Yui and LOTs of other players like Brood, Sweet Pea, Shogun, Tige and El, who are really good but overshadowed by the better players.

Im pretty sure RAIN/Brood/Shuu/Ganbaranai/Gano are all better than Masashi. Japan has a ****load of players just under the level of RAIN/Brood though. Like everytime they upload a new video I see another random top MK or Snake.

And Akira used to be the best in West Japan but he doesn't seem to play much anymore (according to OP).
I wouldn't say they are "better" than Masashi ... Masashi can beat ANYONE in Japan. He has taken 3 sets off Akira since summer, has won the last like 3 sets against RAIN in single competition.

If you go by recent results the best players are 9B, Masashi, Rain, Nietono, Otori, Shu, Yui and Nagahari. There are many people who occasionally do well and have good placings but are inconsistent due to some rules [best of one sets etc] and also the very even skill level [RAIN placed 17th at a tourney in western japan even though the east is considered stronger]. It can happen that RAIN wins a tourney in the east and gets 17th in the west ... or that Ganbaranai wins a tourney and places like 33rd the next one.

:059:

Top Bottom