• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

X1-12

Smash Champion
btw editing your posts in mafia games is a no-no, please double-post instead in future please. If you like you can start the following post with 'EBWOP:' which means edit by way of post

Oki

Smash Rookie
Was his purpose to get her talking, or to look busy? I'd like the next poster to share their opinion on that.
I honestly think that he was just trying to get her talking, to try and get more information from her. People who jump into things asking questions can look a little scummy, but I don't know Dourin's past play. He could just be an aggressive player who wants to get the answers, even as a townie. I would say that this is certainly less scummy looking than the tactic of "name 3 people who you would lynch even though we have not even started yet" that Ran used.

Conclusion: I would say that he is probably trying to get her to talk, to just try to get a feel for everyone. However, due to his behavior, I would keep an eye on him.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I just think he's trying to convince the newer players that he's townie and not scum by obviously following his own advice.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm going to be pretty liberal with my scumhunting this game and share it round so everyone gets some. Normally I would only focus on my main 1 or 2 scumpicks however since its often hard to get a solid read on new players I will make sure I get as solid a read as I can on everyone before I start pushing for anyones lynch.

Regardless of what I just said I am going to throw it out there that I believe Dourin to be pretty much confirmed town because of his post #50. I would like everyone to comment on this please, especially those who have posted very little so far

X1-12

Smash Champion
EBWOP: I want everyone but Nabe to comment on that, I will explain why he doesnt have to answer later

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Please explain, also comment on something that has happenned in thd game so far ie my post about Dourin (#86)
He has made it oh so obvious he is town....he might not be....
It's a trap!

As for you, I know you're trying to help all us newbies and it will just be crafty if you were scum!

X1-12

Smash Champion
He has made it oh so obvious he is town....he might not be....
It's a trap!

As for you, I know you're trying to help all us newbies and it will just be crafty if you were scum!
Are you saying I'm so obvtown that I must be scum? Lol, post some actual content please i.e your thoughts.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well if thats the case then how about every time I make a post you can read it and look for any anti-town intent or content. If you find any then point it out, otherwise just get over the paranoia.

Also, do you think that as scum Dourin would be able fake the pro-town intent in that post? Bearing in mind both that he is relatively new to mafia, and that the post only reads as a town tell upon close inspection

July

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. Asking everyone who to protect/cop adds to discussion, which is still a factor in the cop's/doc's individual read. :3

Basically either way, the person does still decide themselves. They have to make the choice, not us. That's my point. They have to judge for themselves as well, while keeping our suggestions in mind. :3
I understand that, as long as the doc/cop keep in mind that 2 out of the 9 opinions on who to cop/protect are from scum themselves then it seems fine, but putting those opinions in context with the rest of discussion in the thread is definitely necessary.

In a game of mafia it is town's goal to catch scum, so as you play you should be always on the look out for posts which stand out to you or look scummy. It is however the job of scum to both survive and to appear as town. This is something you should keep in mind as you play
Okay keeping this in mind, Ran's and The Good Doctors posts have definitely stood out to me. Ran's posts are usually pretty lengthy, and I do believe that is his style, but there has been some fluff too which is suspicious. The Good Doctor, on the other hand, has provided very little insight into his actions so far, and he has yet to address Dourin's question or Ran's question as to why he listed himself on his own scum list on page #51.

Vote: The Good Doctor

I would like to know more about your feelings about Ran (as you voted him but didn't really explain why) and your answers to the questions posed to you by Ran and Dourin.

In particular, his response from July is curious, in that he has nothing more to say about it than "I like your answer".

Was his purpose to get her talking, or to look busy? I'd like the next poster to share their opinion on that.
Based on the fact that he also posed questions to Joey and The Good Doctor, I agree that his questions are aimed at getting people active and talking.

Regardless of what I just said I am going to throw it out there that I believe Dourin to be pretty much confirmed town because of his post #50. I would like everyone to comment on this please, especially those who have posted very little so far
I think that Dourin has done a lot to stimulate scum-hunting; this and his willingness to ask people questions and learn more about them and their play style does read town to me thus far.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
His post 50 doesn't make me think auto town. I don't get what I'm missing at all ._.

Also unvote

vote: The Good Doctor

I'm not liking the way you're saying things. It seems like you're just following X1. If he turns out to be scum, then the game has basicly become 6v3 instead of 7v2 >_>

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Joey: Just think about intent, it was a very townie thing to do asking the ICs to actually help move the game along, and no offence but I dont believe Dourin to be capable of faking that subtle a tell, especially at a point where no real scumhunting is being done

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The prod clock started at midnight CST. I will now be keeping tabs on how often you post and send out prods when necessary.

1. Ranmaru (1) Oki,
2. July ()
3. -Joey- (1) Nabe,
4. Top Ranger Skye ()
5. The Good Doctor (2) July, Joey
6. Dourin-X ()
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe ()

Not voting: Ranmaru, Top Ranger Skye, The Good Doctor, Dourin-X, X1-12

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is January 9th at 11:59 PM CST ( -6 GMT)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I agree That Dourin isn't capable of such a mind game. I rally over thought it.

@Ran
My vote was pure random, but the fact is I think you ARE capable of looking very helpful when you are infact scum.

Adding myself to my own list was just to spark entertainment. In hindsight it was a bad idea for me.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@Dourin
Self hammering as in putting myself on my own list?

Vote Ranmaru
Just bc you seem to not have a problem answering any question, it may seem you are trying to help out, but I cant help to thing you have other plans. What do others think of this?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
His post 50 doesn't make me think auto town. I don't get what I'm missing at all ._.

Also unvote

vote: The Good Doctor

I'm not liking the way you're saying things. It seems like you're just following X1. If he turns out to be scum, then the game has basicly become 6v3 instead of 7v2 >_>
What do you mean by following X1?
Sorry for the triple post.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
:|... Thanks I guess?
@Dourin

Vote Ranmaru
Just bc you seem to not have a problem answering any question, it may seem you are trying to help out, but I cant help to thing you have other plans. What do others think of this?
Self-hammering is voting yourself when you are on L-1 when to end the game early.

As for these questions that are about people's standings on the game: I like to know what people think are the best options, so I can actually tell if they are keeping to their word.

Now for what I think about players in this game...
X1-12 - I'd like to believe he's town, but yeah, you can't have the world.
Top Ranger Skye - ?? I forgot she was in the game. Can you start talking? You've made one post since the game has begun.
The good doctor - I think if I had to shoot one person at this moment, it would be you. I don't like the way you play, and the colours are a bit... useless, to me. Also, putting yourself in the list makes me wonder if you're liable enough >_<.
July - Making a good effort.
-Joey- - Same as above.
Oki - You have a sharp eye, I agree mostly on your view with Ranmaru, but I'm not sure why you are telling everyone that's it's just a vote for pressure and you could easily be convinced to vote someone else. I mean, sharing thoughts is good, but not everything needs to be shared. This takes a lot of pressure of your only weapon.
Ranmaru - You try to look town a lot. I can't say that's a tell, because according to the Theory of Dourin, all newbies want to stay alive and play for as long as possible. Looking town sometimes helps your chances, or decimate them.

vote: Top Ranger Skye

2 questions next;
Question to everyone
-1) What do you think of the 'lynch all lurkers'-policy. It means killing players who post very little (content) on Day 1 or maybe Day 2, so we don't get stuck with them in the more vital parts of the game.
The cost of this is not being able to go for who we think looks scummy on Day 1 (on the other hand, you might catch a lurker scum :p.)

-2) To whoever reads this, this is both to see wether you skim posts or not, and to see your opinion at this moment. Can everyone post the answer to this:
If you -had to- shoot one person right as you read this, who would it be, and a reason would always be nice.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
The colors were out of total boredom. I'm sorry if it bugged anyone else.

@dourin
I'm glad someone else has the same feelings on Ranmaru as I do.
I would not support your lynching idea b/c I think scum would try and be semi active to not
aris suspicion.

I would shoot X1 b/c I frankly think he is in the best position in this game currently as in looking very town and looking trustworthy. If he is indeed scum he's doing a very good job.

X1-12

Smash Champion
But why voting for him if its me you want to shoot? And if you're voting and wanting to shoot different people why call him out for it?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
But why voting for him if its me you want to shoot? And if you're voting and wanting to shoot different people why call him out for it?
I was just curious to see how similar our reasons were. As you can see, you doesn't wish to let us know.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The Good Doctor, did you see why Dourin was town without X1 saying anything? After X1 mentioned it, did you look back and think "yeah, this guys town!" or did you think "This guy could be trying to trick us"? I feel like you just thought "Yeah, this guys town!" without asking any questions. That's kinda following in my opinion. You're basing your ideas off of how one guy thinks. You need to ask questions about why people think the way they do. Why did you just assume that X1 was just calling him town and that it could have been a trap? Why didn't you ask any questions about it?

X1, I could see town or scum doing that honestly. If we're just throwing random votes around, then couldn't a random scum end up getting lynched on accident? It's better for both sides to progress through the game. Scum can't convince us that we're town if all we're doing is joking around and RVS voting.

X1-12

Smash Champion
The Good Doctor, did you see why Dourin was town without X1 saying anything? After X1 mentioned it, did you look back and think "yeah, this guys town!" or did you think "This guy could be trying to trick us"? I feel like you just thought "Yeah, this guys town!" without asking any questions. That's kinda following in my opinion. You're basing your ideas off of how one guy thinks. You need to ask questions about why people think the way they do. Why did you just assume that X1 was just calling him town and that it could have been a trap? Why didn't you ask any questions about it?

X1, I could see town or scum doing that honestly. If we're just throwing random votes around, then couldn't a random scum end up getting lynched on accident? It's better for both sides to progress through the game. Scum can't convince us that we're town if all we're doing is joking around and RVS voting.

@Bolded: What do you mean

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lets say I'm scum. If all we're doing is RVS, I can throw a random vote out and... thats pretty much it. Theres no convincing to be done. Since this is a game of new players, the chance of lynching someone through RVS is greater, and that means me or my partner could get lynched completely randomly. If me or my partner get lynched in something that ISN'T RVS, then what does that mean?

1)I bussed my partner or he bussed me
2)I didn't vote my partner

but if it's RVS, and it's a quick lynch, then that means that the two same things apply AND it's pretty much RVS all over again. We can try to push for the hammer and say that hammering people is bad for town even if you got a lucky hit, but ehh it's pretty much RVS again.

July

Smash Apprentice
@Dourin

Vote Ranmaru
The Good Doctor, I definitely like that you are explaining more, and when it comes to Ran I agree that he has been focused on "helping the town" more than just downright scum-hunting.

Now for what I think about players in this game...
X1-12 - I'd like to believe he's town, but yeah, you can't have the world.
Top Ranger Skye - ?? I forgot she was in the game. Can you start talking? You've made one post since the game has begun.
The good doctor - I think if I had to shoot one person at this moment, it would be you. I don't like the way you play, and the colours are a bit... useless, to me. Also, putting yourself in the list makes me wonder if you're liable enough >_<.
July - Making a good effort.
-Joey- - Same as above.
Oki - You have a sharp eye, I agree mostly on your view with Ranmaru, but I'm not sure why you are telling everyone that's it's just a vote for pressure and you could easily be convinced to vote someone else. I mean, sharing thoughts is good, but not everything needs to be shared. This takes a lot of pressure of your only weapon.
Ranmaru - You try to look town a lot. I can't say that's a tell, because according to the Theory of Dourin, all newbies want to stay alive and play for as long as possible. Looking town sometimes helps your chances, or decimate them.

vote: Top Ranger Skye

2 questions next;
Question to everyone
-1) What do you think of the 'lynch all lurkers'-policy. It means killing players who post very little (content) on Day 1 or maybe Day 2, so we don't get stuck with them in the more vital parts of the game.
The cost of this is not being able to go for who we think looks scummy on Day 1 (on the other hand, you might catch a lurker scum :p.)

-2) To whoever reads this, this is both to see wether you skim posts or not, and to see your opinion at this moment. Can everyone post the answer to this:
If you -had to- shoot one person right as you read this, who would it be, and a reason would always be nice.
Dourin, I noticed that you didn't mention the other IC, Nabe, in your list of players. How do you feel about Nabe so far in game?

Top Skye Ranger...please talk, we need to learn more about you and how you feel about what has been going on so far.

On the lynch all lurkers policy, I disagree with lynching someone for inactivity on Day 1, especially considering that the game started near the holidays. However, by Day 2, if someone continues to lurk then that is a major problem, by that point they should have enough information to be involved in the discussions of who is scum and who should be lynched. I think that on Day 1 we need to try and draw lurkers out and get them involved, then Day 2 is make or break for them.

If I had to shoot one person right now it would be The Good Doctor, while he has been making posts with more content but his answers still haven't made me feel easy.

@Joey
1) Regardless of post #50, how do you feel about Dourin?
2) Who do you find to be most scummy right now and why?

Top Bottom