• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal for SSB4 (Character Concept)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=4523]Krystal for SSB4 (Character Concept)[/drupal]

Krystal Character Design

Krystal is a key member in the starfox universe. She is the main female character and has played key roles in games like Starfox Adventures and Starfox Command. Her staff and Psychic abilities give her a unique fighting potential. She has a dedicated fan base with a very detailed sight. If you wish to support her you should click the banner to check out this site. Don

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Krystal is garbage and does not deserve to be in Smash Bros more than veterans like Slippy and Peppy and the only reason people want her in is because they're furries.

Next person to make a Krystal blog is totally going on my ****list and when someone goes on my ****list they usually end up in 6 pieces in a briefcase at the bottom of the ocean.

No not really, but I really don't think Krystal is as important as other characters just because she wiggled her furry vagina into a couple recent not that great Starfox games.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'd like to see Krystal in. She has potential with her staff. They might give her some magic stuff. She should be basically a really athletic Zelda with a weapon.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Krystal is garbage and does not deserve to be in Smash Bros more than veterans like Slippy and Peppy and the only reason people want her in is because they're furries.

Next person to make a Krystal blog is totally going on my ****list and when someone goes on my ****list they usually end up in 6 pieces in a briefcase at the bottom of the ocean.

No not really, but I really don't think Krystal is as important as other characters just because she wiggled her furry vagina into a couple recent not that great Starfox games.
First, did I ever mention about her being attactive?

Second, Slippy is a crappy fighter in the Starfox series and Peppy is retired and old. You could argue Leon but I feel Krystal's staff fighting would be more interesting.

Third, There have only been 5 Starfox games and Krystal has been in 3 of them

As I have mention in my blog I like Krystal because she offers a lot of unique fighting ability and is the only staff fighter that has any real significance in the Nintendo world.

Arbuckle

Smash Rookie
rofl what the hell.

THE MAD.

Oh yeah, I say let everyone in. There should be 50+ characters.
That really is not enough characters to appeal to the masses of America. To really get anything in sales they'd need 100 characters AT LEAST. But then again, I don't know if that would work because I think the 3DS is weaker than the Wii and couldn't handle more than 40 characters for whatever ****ing reason even though that makes no ****ing sense.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That was pretty good lol.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

This is like one of the greatest MAD AS **** posts I've seen in my life.

Also **** Krystal, with a rake, big ole rakey part first.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That really is not enough characters to appeal to the masses of America. To really get anything in sales they'd need 100 characters AT LEAST. But then again, I don't know if that would work because I think the 3DS is weaker than the Wii and couldn't handle more than 40 characters for whatever ****ing reason even though that makes no ****ing sense.
Someone is smart. The 3DS and the Wii can handle the same thing internally but not graphically. They both hold 8GB maximum. Sakurai does not want the 3DS to be a 1:1 copy of the Wii U version but to be a version a single person would use to do single-player stuff and transfer that information to the Wii U. You could finish Adventure Mode on the 3DS and then transfer the information to the Wii U, and you have some new characters! The point is Sakurai just wants them to be related and he wants the Wii U version to focus on multiplayer and to be the next big thing in Smash.

That is the only reason why people are doubting the amount of 50 characters when the Wii U can hold up to 25GB single-layer and 50GB dual-layer. That is a lot to fill in and that could make up to 70 characters and 70 stages and still have enough for more. Soulcalibur III has 48 characters and that was on PlayStation 2.

Slippy has been in all 5, Peppy the same. 5>3. End of story.
You really think that matters? Krystal says she is the only one out of Star Wolf and Star Fox who can fight. As said before Peppy is old and Slippy is a stupid **** who should stay in as an idiot. Why play as a dumb frog and an old rabbit?

I really don't care if Krystal is in or not, but she at least has a better chance than those two.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wolf deserves a spot in before Krystal, Falco deserves a spot in before Wolf, there really shouldn't be 4 Star Fox characters, ie, **** Krystal.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man if they didn't kill off all the cool hunters in Metroid Prime 3 thoy could have been cool additions.

Just Samus repping Metroid is kinda sad, and before people say Ridley, he would be really weird. He'd basically be like Charizard but skinnier.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If they put in a new Star fox rep I will have an aneurism. It would be an utter waste of a spot. Star fox is nearly dead. It shouldn't even gotten wolf. To choose krystal is to get rid of Ray, The Mii, Paper Mario as a mario spinoff, or some other good character. And that's just the Wii U version.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Mii isn't a good character, it's an abomination.

Although having said that, having your own personal Mii battling it out could be kinda cute, but bleh I don't really see much of a moveset for him outside of throwing bowling balls and swinging bats.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The Mii isn't a good character, it's an abomination.

Although having said that, having your own personal Mii battling it out could be kinda cute, but bleh I don't really see much of a moveset for him outside of throwing bowling balls and swinging bats.
C'mon Teran, really? You wouldn't laugh the slightest at Bush getting his *** whopped by Obama or Palin? **** that would be hilarious yo!

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I bet she will get in SSB4 she was already almost going to be put in brawl, but they put in wolf instead.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
She totally can with her staff.

Bet there's some "artwork" dedicated to that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man you obviously never played G&W Gallery, that **** was the best and he totally deserves his place in SSB.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It will never happen, if it does I will have sex with a fat girl.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but just saying it might happen.
There is negligible to absolutely zero chance of that happening. They do not have even remotely same role in a roster. G&W is a surprise retro character representing nintendo's early years. the mii is a misc. character to represent special programs on the wii and 3ds.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't see how the series is considered dead? The games that have come out have been pretty good (not spectacular but still worth playing). There was suppose to be a game for the Wii using the wii motion plus (similar to the flying in wii sports resort) but Miyamoto couldn't find a developer that he wanted to work on it. Plus they are coming out with a Starfox 64 for the 3DS so they are still making games for the series.

The only other starfox character you could argue to be put in over Krystal is Leon. He has been in every game that Wolf and is the only star wolf member to stay loyal. He does have unique moves being a chameleon (tongue attack, camouflage) but I feel Krystal has affected the series a lot more. He is also not playable in any of the games.

As for Mii's I support them and will be making a character concept for them too. It will have a whole section of Mii's you can make for Smash.

M@v

Subarashii!
Krystal should be in only if they don't herp derp and make her a 4th starfox clone.

Should have a completely unique move set from fox/falco/wolf focusing on the staff.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You want a unique moveset for Krystal?

KRYSTAL

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]B: Fire Blaster
Krystal shoots a Fireball with small knockback from her staff. However, by holding B, you can hold the charge and have a stronger, in general fireball. The main purpose for this attack is for zoning and scaring your opponent that you’ll shoot a fireball.

Side B: Ice Spray
Shoots a spray of ice from her staff. While Krystal is in any part of the startup or while it’s active, Krystal can adjust her aim. This is used as an anti-air, keep-out attack, or an edge guard move. Over time, the range of the spray decreases. If the spray is done at point blank, however, the opponent will be frozen.

Down B: Quake
Krystal strikes her staff to the ground to create a localized shockwave, there are three “points” where the shockwave will rise. This depends on your directional input. If you hold back during the startup, the shockwave will be close to you, while holding forward goes for max range. Holding just down or neutral lands between the two points. Useful for countering camping, or like the fireball, scaring the opponent. This attack is also jump cancelable. This attack does not work in the air for obvious reasons.

Up B: Rocket Boost
Krystal raises her staff and flies up. Doing straight Up causes her to go up vertically while Up-Left and Up-Right will cause her to travel in those directions. Like’s Snake’s Cipher recovery, Krystal can exit out of the recovery.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ground attacks."]AAA: Krystal does a forward jab with her staff high, then low, and then does two kicks.
FTilt: Swings her staff downward. A good poke.
DTilt: Krystal crouches and sticks her staff out, this is her best poke.
Up Tilt: Like Pit’s UTiltt, but has two hitboxes. If the opponent is next to you as you hit, the move has more knockback and damage, but the hitbox on the feet has less knockback and damage.
FSmash: Krystal raises the staff behind her and drops the staff like an axe.
DSmash: Krystal places her staff to the ground, spins around and then does a downward angled double kick to the opponent. This has good horizontal knockback, but poor vertical knockback. This is best used for tech chasing or as an edgeguard.
USmash: Krystal holds her staff like a baseball with the charge going to her staff’s head. She swings upward. Unlike the above attack, this has poor horizontal knockback, but good vertical knockback.
Wakeup Attack: Like AA, but the second hit goes behind her.
Ledge Attack: Climbs and does a quick, weaker version of her FTilt
100% Ledge Attack: Weaker version of her DSmash[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerials"]NAir: Spins once with her staff horizontally.
FAir: Spins once with her staff vertically. The range, unlike her NAir, goes far in front instead of covering both sides.
BAir: Swings staff horizontally behind her. Has two attacks. First few active frames have good knockback not too far from Zelda's kicks. The rest of the active frames function as a sex kick.
DAir: Pokes directly below her.
UAir: Extends her staff 30 degrees upward to the direction she’s facing.[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse="Throws"]Pummel: Knees the opponent.
FThrow: Lunges at them in the stomach.
BThrow: Stomps on their foot, uses the staff to push them behind by their neck moving them behind her, and then kicks them.
DThrow: Tosses them to the ground, does a quick jump and spin of the staff above her, land with her staff hitting the opponent and causing a ground bounce.
UThrow: Punches the opponent and then uses the staff like a shovel to launch the opponent.[/collapse]

Playstyle: Krystal is a character that excels greatly at mid-range combat thanks to her range while having her Fire Blaster and Quake as zoning backup. Your objective with Krystal is to scare the opponent with these projectiles while being close enough to poke in for damage. Her preferred way to K.O. is horizontally. Her attacks don’t do the greatest knockback aside from a few so use her aerial pokes, Ice Blast and potentially other attacks for edgeguarding the opponent which she is also good at.

I'm not including stats like speed and whatever because there's a number of traits involve and I don't feel like thinking much about those. This also includes a gameplay idea or two I had in mind for the next game so you can choose to ignore it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This should definitely have Slippy, not ****ing Krystal. He is the most amazing character out of any Starfox game and whoever says so is wrong because my opinion is right and whoever goes against my opinion is automatically wrong

Top Bottom