• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal confirmed?

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Not surprised at all. Expected her anyways. She has a staff, which has never been seen before in Smash, and she's female. Need more females.

But if she turns out to be an assist trophy, I will be pissed.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
No one has pointed out that Krystal is fairly high on Sakurai's Japanese "wish list". A LOT of confirmed PC's have come from that list, Lucas, Ike, Diddy, Dedede. Frankly I'm excited about her AND Ridley's chances.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Have any of you guys e-mailed her yet to see if she was playable?

Then again, I can hear her now...

"What's an Assist Trophy?"
Please.. Im sure she knows a little about what she does/the games she works in. Either way she most likely couldn't say anything.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
**** email. lets hunt her down, tie her up, and make her spill.
tis crazy what happens when smash players smell blood...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Could be an assist trophy, but with today's addition of Dedede, it's hard to say that it won't happen. We'll find out soon enough...

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
i don't know much about her, but she seems like a good playable character, with a wand(?) and what not

but it's weird on the site that it says actor, and she is female(unless.......)

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
If it's true, I'm glad there'd be some continuity between Krystal's voice in Assault and Smash Bros. Hopefully Fox got either his Assault or Adventures voice, anything is better than his annoying Melee one.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well he did put it as "Krystal Confirmed" and didn't throw in "as a playable character" or something of the sort.

Yes I say that it does confirm her in some way, shape, or form in Brawl. But not necessarily as a playable though thats what I hope it is. She might be an assist trophy, throw in a cut scene or part of a stage.

Even with the people that hate Krystal I do still want her in to I guess just get more characters in.

Great find by the way.

-Onyx

Jammer

Smash Lord
Um, I know people talked about emailing her, but am I the only one to actually do it?

I share a response as soon as I get one.
I got a response from her agent. But the agent said she has no idea what I'm talking about. She said that, yes, Alesia is providing the voice of Krystal, but she doesn't know about "Assist Trophies" and "Characters".

I'm still waiting for a response from Alesia Glidewell herself.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Amusing, Jammer. People give too much credit to voice actors called in to voice people. I'm sure Ashley's singing voice has no idea if she'll be playable, only in the background of one stage, or what.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Very interesting....you know this doesn't mean she's confirmed as a fighter. She could be hanging out in her Arwing, like Falco, Slippy, and Peppy were in Melee.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
why is she voicing Samus?

ROFL Knuckle Joe!!!
Voice actors generally practice to be able to speak in more than one 'voice', as this increases their employment potenital. For example, the entire speaking cast of The Simspons is preformed by just a handful of voice actors. I'm pretty sure that Wiggum and Flanders are played by the same actor, and those two are further distanced from each other than Samus and Krystal.

As for Knuckle Joe. . .Well, he probably doesn't do much more than grunt and squeak, so practically anyone could voice him.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I think it's going to be weird knowing who provided the grunts and squeaks every time Knuckle Joe comes out. Especially since I know it's a female (which I guess is normal in voice acting).

Also, I just learned that Chell in Portal is modeled after Alesia. That's pretty crazy.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
If you contact this actress, do you think she'll know if she's fighting, or if she's just support for Fox during his stages, like in Melee?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Well, when I emailed her, I asked if she was doing lots of grunts and stuff, or just dialog. I figure that if she had to do a lot of grunting kinds of things, there's a good chance Krystal is a playable character.

EDIT: It wasn't until just now that I realized asking if someone was grunting can sound very weird if it's in an email from a stranger...

Masterem243

Smash Lord
She is already, if she's voicing Samus and Knuckle Joe. You should've asked if the lines were in the realm of support, so that would deconfirm her as a character.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Voice actors generally practice to be able to speak in more than one 'voice', as this increases their employment potenital. For example, the entire speaking cast of The Simspons is preformed by just a handful of voice actors. I'm pretty sure that Wiggum and Flanders are played by the same actor, and those two are further distanced from each other than Samus and Krystal.
thats not what I am talking about.

Samus has an official voice actor who voiced her in all the Metroid games, why change it now?

this whole thing sounds way too fishy for me.

GenG

Smash Lord
If someone is willing to ask her, the question is about how much they made her to record. An AT has just 3 grunts. A playable character can have up to 20.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I don't think Krystal will be an assist trophy... there is just something about the characteristics of Assist Trophies were Krystal just doesn't seem to fit. IMO, she's either playable or not, but not an Assist Trophy.

Of course, this could only be a simple appearance on the SSE, that I wouldn't deny.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
You do know that we saw Snake back in 2006 don't you?

Anyway,

Krystal was third on Sakurai's poll. I would much rather have Wolf, but I can't argue with facts.
Wolf's become an alt costume. At least he's in Brawl in some shape or form.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
She's not that big of an Actress to ignore e-mails. Plus, I can imagine that she's been getting many e-mails about this.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
You realize she's a fox? Xekonic's into beastiality!
Oh snap. Owned.

Krystal isn't that big of a surprise anyways. Now that Wolf is deconfirmed that leaves Krystal/Falco/Peppy/Slippy, and Krystal and Falco are now a shoe-in in my opinion.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm not a big fan of Krystal, I think it would still be cool to have her in, as another female representative.

Top Bottom