• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal confirmed?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Sorry, but you're medically insane.

A blue fox with a magical staff is exactly what this game needs, and Starfox Adventures = Legend of Zelda + Starfox. There is no way that could not be a win combo, and it was a fun game while it lasted.
Krystal is a cat. If not, she was orignally. Star Fox Adventures was originally Dinosaur Planet, starring two cats, one names Krystal. Krystal stayed, with a different design, when the game was finished as a Star Fox title.

I really wish Nintendo would clarify this officially.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And, of course, IMBD is complete proof, especially since it's nowhere else except for IMBD, which usually has fanmade stuff on it anyway.

You have to be a ****ing idiot to trust IMBD, and you should feel really really bad for yourself, especially trusting it over, you know, her official site.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Krystal is a cat. If not, she was orignally. Star Fox Adventures was originally Dinosaur Planet, starring two cats, one names Krystal. Krystal stayed, with a different design, when the game was finished as a Star Fox title.
Krystal is a fox. End of.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Yeah, I seen that yesterday. Very interesting info, but isn't JH suppose to have the VO over Samus? Something strange is going on...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah I think Krystals a shoein.

She's female(sakurai wants more females in brawl), she would a unique staff based moveset and she could easily kick butt in the game.

Sakurai would be silly to miss out on adding such a strong fighter like krystal to brawl

Snafu

Smash Cadet
On the "who did ZSS's voice?" issue: you guys did notice that Alesia Gladwell does motion capture as well as voices? Couldn't she have been MCing for ZSS?

This is a great find, but I'm not going to say Krystal's definitely in as a character until it comes up on Dojo.

Any more voice actors' sites we could trawl through for Brawl references?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
imbd.com has a credit for the vioce of ganondorf as well, and he has a link on his name which only playable characters do. though not all the playable characters have the link. in fact the only people on the list that arnt a playable character are the metal gear guys that talk to snake and mei ling (idk who that is). so whats this say about ganondorf? is this source credible? is anything credible?

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
IMBD is essentially a screwed-up version of Wikipedia. DON'T TRUST IT.

If a girl's actual site says that she's doing the voices, and she's ACTUALLY done the voices for that character in the past, it'd be smart to trust it.

Jammer

Smash Lord
No response yet from her
Me neither. Did you email her agent, too, Grimwolf?

On the "who did ZSS's voice?" issue: you guys did notice that Alesia Gladwell does motion capture as well as voices? Couldn't she have been MCing for ZSS?
Yes, I believe Alesia did the motion capture and provided the basis for Chell's model in Valve's Portal.

Don't quote me on that, though.

Sir James

The Doctor
Although at first I would have prefered other StarFox characters in Brawl, after thinking about it Krystal seems like a good choice. Smash really needs a staff-wielding character. Leg sweeps, combos for juggling mutliple opponents....she could turn out to be one unique character. It'd be better than the Fox / Falco pair.

GenG

Smash Lord
Although at first I would have prefered other StarFox characters in Brawl, after thinking about it Krystal seems like a good choice. Smash really needs a staff-wielding character. Leg sweeps, combos for juggling mutliple opponents....she could turn out to be one unique character. It'd be better than the Fox / Falco pair.
Basically that's it, Krystal is a quite distinctive member of the Star Fox team with things that makes her different from the other two space animals, but since her games were quite a letdown in the franchise, many people doesn't want her.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I'd believe this

I know someone wiyh Martinent's AIM (which he gives out if you ask him at events and stuff)
He said there were 20 or so "new" voice actors compared to melee.

He also said he was doing Luigi, Mario and Wario's voice, and couldn't say anyone else for obvious reasons.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Charles Martinet didn't do any recording for the previous Smash games--Mario's voice samples in both 64 and Melee were just taken from Super Mario 64. They didn't bother to get Martinet to record another voice because Martinet didn't actually record anything new for Smash in the first place.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hope this isn't fake
It can't be "fake" per se since it's the actual VA's site. Unless you mean "false" this can't be "fake". And it can't really be "false" either because it's the VA who is saying she's voicing her for the game (whatever form is questionable). Likely, she's in the game but we don't know what form (AT, PC, or BG character).

Jammer

Smash Lord
yeah what he said
I have emailed her and her agent. Grimwolf has emailed her.

I got a response from her agent saying "What are you talking about? I don't know what an AT is."

I don't believe Grimwolf has gotten any reply.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I have emailed her and her agent. Grimwolf has emailed her.

I got a response from her agent saying "What are you talking about? I don't know what an AT is."

I don't believe Grimwolf has gotten any reply.

I think you might have to simplify the question, and not use terminology only people familiar with smash would understand. just ask, clearly,

"do you happen to know if Krystal will be a playable character or a non-playable character in this game?"

she would probably be able to infer this from the amount and content of the dialog that they had her record.

or you could ask, "how much dialouge did you do for Krystal compared to Zero Suit Samus?" if she did alot of lines, then Krystal is most likely a PC.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Yes, I know, Procrasticritter. I did all that. When I emailed her agent, though, I assumed she wouldn't know exactly how many lines Alesia was doing, so I asked if Krystal was playable on the off-chance that the agent would know.

When I emailed Alesia, I asked about how many lines she had. I asked about the dialog in general, but I doubt she would be willing to say anything regarding her actual lines, considering she's probably supposed to keep it a secret. Specifically, I asked how many different grunts she had to record. I figure that if the number is higher than about 10, Krystal must be a playable character.

I've got it all under control.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
But he said Luigi? Did he say Luigi is playable? I'm almost sure he is, but he hasn't been confirmed yet, I believe.
well luigi has been semi confirmed. A Nintendo rep said in some video was talking about the characters and he said something like this "of course the old players will be there, we got the obvious, mario, luigi... blah blah blah " well no-one knows whether it was a blunder on his behalf or if he leaked it out. Either way many people have come to accept that Luigi is in, he was a shoe-in anyway. Ofc ill say now that this is all my personal opinion, so no flaming please.

Top Bottom