• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Tomorrow's the tournament on campus! See if I can walk home with over $100 between singles and doubles with Pit and Diddy :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Should I reveal more of Project P to the people? If I am to do so, I need 5 Pits to agree and say "Yes" (not in a Falcon way plz), or if I see possible hype, then I shall tell you all that I need and such. Krys knows already, so...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Current Status:

Motivation Level: 3/5
Almost there...

I'll figure out how to format these type of events later.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Gadiel said:
Your Pit is mad good vs Marth! How do you do it bro?
I don't really know >.< I'm not good at analyzing my own gameplay ( I forgot I used stutterstepped fsmash to punish marth for example, until I read Kuro saying it )

Pester him with arrows but be extremely careful with it, if he gets in fair range you eat at least 9% while your arrow probably wouldn't do more than 5%... Be ready to switch to close-combat anytime I guess ?_?

One thing I know, you can gimp marth while he's recovering, with an invincible Bair... depending on fast-fall or not, and his spacing, you might sourspot or sweetspot it. If you sourspot and he has to drift a little in order to UpB again, you can try a second sourspot which should get the job done (don't bother if he doesn't have like +70%). Careful not to get stage2009spiked.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly, he did a while back, but I rather not talk about it. I'm still waiting for more "yes" to me revealing part of my project. At this point, I'm running out of time. Curse you, Krys!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Vare and I went to a Smash Tourney (well... sort of a smash tourney). Worst tournament, ever. I called the guy too see if we can bring brawl, since he was also hosting a N64 Smash.The T.O sounded excited over on the phone when I brought the idea of everyone pitching in $10 at first, since this was his first time and I wanted to give him suggestions on how to run it properly. Vare and I bring the setup, assuming that it would be a typical standard tourney. Unfortunaetly, it was a Christian School and the T.O didn't feel comfortable running it that way until he got permission from the Dean. The setup they had was N64 Smash, MK64, CoD, Madden 12, FIFA 12, and Brawl (I brought). Everyone else (as in 30 others) seemed more interested in the N64 smash and the other games. rather than Brawl, and only 6 students signed up for the Brawl things (Vare, myself and 6 randoms). Before the tourney even began, the students decided to come in play friendlies and both of us destroyed them. They had no interest of MM, or even supporting the idea of pitching $10. Instead of running doubles or singles (making it best of 1 to make it quicker, since there was only 1 Wii available), they decided to do a stupid free for all tourney =/. Of course, Vare and I destroyed them even when we were sandbagging.

Hopefully next time, the T.O will let us money match and pitch in $10 for singles if he got permission from the principle. He sounded as though it was going to be a once a month type of thing.

Also, do you guys have any advice of what I should say back to the co-workers on Monday? I told them that I was going to a Brawl tournament and might walk home with over $100.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i dont know if you even count my vote, but yes i would like to hear more of your project 0.o

xephyr417

Smash Rookie
i won my first tournament yesterday :D (or friday... i lose track of the days cuz im semi-nocturnal). I played pit/wolf (tho wolf was just for show). It was just a small one at MIT so there wasnt much competition... but it was nice to make some money :]

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
****. how are we going to get our threads organized without you bro.

also guys, while i know some of yall had doubts (and i still have to try them out in actual games), im actually really digging the ICs. for reals this character is just so amazing in so many ways....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I feel that I need just a bit more hype before I can reveal "you-know-what" around here. I feel like I'm getting a bad vibe about something, so I'm probably expecting just a bit more.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
****. how are we going to get our threads organized without you bro.

also guys, while i know some of yall had doubts (and i still have to try them out in actual games), im actually really digging the ICs. for reals this character is just so amazing in so many ways....

welp, have fun getting planked
^ That and Platform camped and gayed and Timed out
^This and many angry faces.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i tried to play the IC's for a while. too hard. you need to practice with them so often.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I actually like using ICs just as a character(s) because they're fun, I dont care about CGing, I suck using them as a result I guess XD

Bad news guys :( Discussion leader group has been disbanded so i can no longer help on the boards :p
That sucks, if they have mod applications or something though at least you have some experience, you'd be a great mod!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I feel that I need just a bit more hype before I can reveal "you-know-what" around here. I feel like I'm getting a bad vibe about something, so I'm probably expecting just a bit more.
Admiral Pit, I love you dude, I want to see what you have in store for us. If you don't feel like sharing with other people, you can share with me and I can promise not to share with anyone else. It's just like how Jesus chooses to reveal himself to people:

Matthew 11:26-28
New International Version (NIV)
26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya guys, sry about this. I pm'd the person just to find out what mod i can ask to sticky our threads/close them/watch over us but i haven't got a response. I was the only one watching over these boards for a while. Who knows? Maybe one day i will get to be pit boards mod due to all my hard work. Until then i guess we'll just wait till someone reassigns a mod or something happens to past DL.

@Person i can't. It was taken from me w/o notice. So sorry.

link2702

Smash Champion
ugh...again with trying to slip in religious quotes/ trying to force your religion on everyone in every other post.......

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm nearly convinced to tell about the secret project, but let's move on to something else that's on my mind...

A recent thunderstorm where I live not too long ago. While I like the rain (since it's a great time to eat cup noodles), I despite T-storms, and they scare me... and my pets D:

Xcallion

Smash Ace
the odds of you dying in a lightning storm are much less than the odds of you dying in a car crash.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No need to. I did say 5 must be curious, and I suppose I can work with it. Good thing I had much of this copy/pasted for this moment.

It has come down to this that I may be needing some help with something I wanted to do. First, take a look at these Combo vids of mine:

Palutena's Last Light

Heavenly Ascension

But what if there was a 3rd one? That's what I want to do. It's gonna take a lot of hard work, but it's what I want to do. While the CVs themselves are older since I had an older account (not getting into details), the first one was great for its time. The 2nd one, though many say the 1st is better, it was just a small expansion for the people to enjoy.

But again, I thought about a 3rd one after seeing many new CVs out and such, and I have much envy for that Mario one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1_1qqMRw
Yea... Good Job, Marios...

While watching it, I've felt kinda jealous that I'm not able to do all of that, at least not alone. I wish to create a 3rd Pit CV for all to enjoy, just like some have enjoyed my own Pit CVs. However, like I said, I'm going to need a great amount of help with it. Here's some of the stuff I'm after, and their reasons:

1: People who can record
Because I cannot record, and don't have the equipment for it anyways. I recommend said person to be willing to do this the "Wii" way since my computer does not read SD cards, and no, I won't get an SD reader, don't ask why.
I recommend that the people who can record to have some of the following:

-Textures
Well, Textures add variety and beauty to many CVs, so why not? I prefer stage textures (I do not like some textures, though), and rarely care about character ones, well, unless Pit was in that Kite texture. <3
DATA DRAIN!

-Good Quality
It's self-explanatory. When people want to watch vids, they want them in good quality. So in other words, I'm not the only one who wants good quality, but the viewers of the videos would want them, too.

-Active
Being active is important, as I have so many replays that may need to be recorded. (Let's just say 2 SD cards with 900+ each plus 300+ on the wii itself). So yea, I'd need someone active and such who's quick to record and such.
I forgot to mention that some of the replays I may want recorded are not for the video, but for something else, and I'll explain that eventually.

Overall, A recorder who has textures, good quality, and is very active, is what I greatly prefer. Note that I don't mind having more than 1 person who can record, since you guys can be busy, and if one of you isn't available, I can ask the other to fill in for him/her.

2: Ideas and Brainstorming
This is pretty much the people who can help provide ideas, whether it'd be music, and such. I'm extremely picky about music, so most likely, I can handle that later.

3: Good Video Makers/Effects
Well, I use Windows Movie Maker, and am noob compared to most when using Sony Vegas, so it's obvious that my stuff aren't the best, but I can say it can be better. Having more than 1 person work together can benefit the vid. While I myself want to try and edit myself, I'd only rely on a great friend who's an expert in this part, but I'll think about it.

4: Artists
Sometimes, having some talent in art and character rendering and all of that can benefit the video. If you need more details, ask.

5: Victim... err, I mean Volunteers
The people who I combo or get highlight clips against by random... That I can take care of myself, but I don't mind brawling some people to get some clips, but don't hold back. If I SD before 3 minutes are up, keep in mind that I don't/can't have hacks, so the 3+ minute replays are off limits to me. However, if I'm brawling someone with replay hacks, then that would be nice.

I may add more here if needed to or if I forget something.
_________

There is another project, or random idea I am working on as well, which is why I have collected Basic Brawl replays. That is a bit more simpler than my CV project. I simply need someone who can record for it. Texture hacks not needed. As for music, that may be suggestive.

All and all, this is going to be one of my most challenging plannings yet, but I hope things go well, especially if I can get all the help I can get. There's more stuff I've probably forgotten, but I hope to get it all down so you get the general idea. Again, ask questions if needed.

Hope this will be worth it, for this is the beginning of...
:pit:Project P!:pit:

And I have more to reveal in the future. As for what the "P" stands for, it's not what it seems, and I'm gonna say it isn't "Pit" either, since that's most people's first guess.

Top Bottom