• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Pit's forward roll is godly...but his back roll subpar

and you only catch a good opponenet with a Wal-Mart combo but so many times...after a while they will read the roll and just punish

but its a nice mix up I suppose

I'm working more fair into my game right now

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Rolling..

Gets you PUNISHED.

But only if you do it incorrectly.

Is there any vids of Masashi's pit vs those two top players at that tourney, Gheb?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm pretty sure he would still outplace all of the current pits

or Tie with koolaid but I know he would atleast outplace a majority of us.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Meh I don't know if he'd place well or not xD He's good and plays smart but wouldn't it also depend on who he's playing and how they adapt and what not meh

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Rolling..

Gets you PUNISHED.

But only if you do it incorrectly.

Is there any vids of Masashi's pit vs those two top players at that tourney, Gheb?
ya Gheb 01 this u should link us if theres any =/ and where could i keep trach of such things happening?

Esca

Smash Champion
Are the people here aware of Pit's development in Japan?

Masashi just won a tournament this weekend [again] and he beat Akira and 9B. Both are top level players with their respective characters [MK and Ice Climbers] so it's by no means a "random" accomplishment. It's a BIG achievement and I was wondering [since Pit has no reputation in the USA] if people are aware of his accomplishments and are watching his videos? I think you can learn a lot from watching him.
Unlike a lot of players from the USA he [and Earth too] likes to roll a lot and I think Pit's roll is really good and underrated and generally a really good option on the ground as long as you don't do it out of a habit - as long as it is a conscious decision with a particular purpose you can roll behind the opponent a lot which creates TONS of openings [this is noteworthy since most people here seem to believe that Pit's approach game is lacking].

:059:
Pit has the same backwards dodgeroll animation as Lucario. Everyone should be using it.

And yeah I watch his videos but they all play way too differently to judge. People read dodgerolls alot better in the US because we're used to a move aggressive playstyle than Japan.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ummm...pit's backroll is pretty bad dude

he hops back like lucario but unlike lucario he freeze for a bit before he pits his sheild back up (if u are still holding shield)

he foward roll is far superior.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
read the guide. read the matchups. and this is the part where i advertise the chaingrab ratio thread :) . but seriously though the ultimate guide has all the links to just about everything you could ever want to know about pit.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
real talk..I hate watching matches...Masashi rolls and does sooooo many punishable things im like wow he looks like he sucks...but its only because I'm watching the matches and not playing...idk

but from the recent match with 9B...there is like no mindgames in their gameplay...

Esca

Smash Champion
LOL DID THIS GUY SERIOUSLY SAY MASASHI WOULD GET ***** IN THE USA ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

@Krystedez

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232920

This is the japanese match video archive. Check out the Pit section - none of Masashi's sets are older than 4 months

Dude, are you serious?

I said people read rolls better in the US. I didn't say he'd get ***** but a Pit would never place top 3 here. Please be real, ******.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Are the people here aware of Pit's development in Japan?

Masashi just won a tournament this weekend [again] and he beat Akira and 9B. Both are top level players with their respective characters [MK and Ice Climbers] so it's by no means a "random" accomplishment. It's a BIG achievement and I was wondering [since Pit has no reputation in the USA] if people are aware of his accomplishments and are watching his videos? I think you can learn a lot from watching him.
Unlike a lot of players from the USA he [and Earth too] likes to roll a lot and I think Pit's roll is really good and underrated and generally a really good option on the ground as long as you don't do it out of a habit - as long as it is a conscious decision with a particular purpose you can roll behind the opponent a lot which creates TONS of openings [this is noteworthy since most people here seem to believe that Pit's approach game is lacking].

I did not know this, thank you.

Pit's forward roll is godly...but his back roll subpar

and you only catch a good opponenet with a Wal-Mart combo but so many times...after a while they will read the roll and just punish

but its a nice mix up I suppose

I'm working more fair into my game right now
Umm, Masashi is pretty smart and will probably adapt just like the rest of the top Japanese players. He'll just do something else. HATER

i bet you anything masashi would get ***** if he came to america.
You're blind *****, and you're a HATER! lol

Pit has the same backwards dodgeroll animation as Lucario. Everyone should be using it.

And yeah I watch his videos but they all play way too differently to judge. People read dodgerolls alot better in the US because we're used to a move aggressive playstyle than Japan.
HATER

lol I had just posted that.

Also I do want to learn Pit so anyone want to share some thoughts?
I'll send you a VM

Dude, are you serious?

I said people read rolls better in the US. I didn't say he'd get ***** but a Pit would never place top 3 here. Please be real, ******.
Pessimistic much? You have a bad attitude Esca. Pit can definitely win a national--noone has gotten to a high enough level to properly show how good he can be @ high-level play(excluding Masashi, but since most of you are blind @ his abilities, so be it).

Or there hasnt been one that will actually place that high.

Maybe.
This is the case, and I am surprised at how little Pit mains believe in their character. If you continue w/ your mindsets, then you will never win anything or become anything special. I know for a fact that I will strive to improve, and hopefully I'll be able to win something huge to show you Pit's what's up. It seems like most of your spirit's are broken.

"Playas, they gonna play
And haters, they gonna hate

Ballers, they gonna ball
Shot callers, they gonna call
That ain't got nothin' to do
With me and you
That's the way it is
That's the way it is"
~by 3LW

Quoted for emphasis ;)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lol.

Pit is too good of a character to just let go by the wayside like that in any case. I've been hardcore training my Pit and getting rid of some bad habits, getting my consistency up. Can't wait til SiiS 4 :3

link2702

Smash Champion
lol, I'm not. :cool: Most of you Pit players are blind about your own character.
the sad part is this is so true its not funny.....:(

when there are players out there who dont even MAIN OR SECONDARY pit, and they can place better, and play better with the character then a majority of the folks who do....ya.....there is something wrong there...:urg:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well don't count me as someone who doesn't main Pit quite yet, I'm putting him up there when I start this next tourney, he's my double main right beside Wario. I'm gunna prove Pit to be the DA BESS mah friends.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Krystedez, is there any reason in particular why you picked up Pit? How do you think double maining Pit and Wario helps you in tourneys?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Helps?

Naturally, it will "help" me want to continue playing the game.

Honestly I was prepared to just quit because of school, but Pit help's me keep my game up on Wario as well and I feel he's good for some matchups and fun in general. He's a good counterpick on absolutely stupid matchups like Yoshi, but he's a great main character, plus no one has his potential to it's fullest yet. I'm setting out to accomplish that :) Also, he's fun, almost as fun as wario. I LOVE air-based characters.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
nobodys hating you nigahz are just hyping him up hardcore for no reason

I never said masashi is bad...He's clearly good because He's Putting in mad work...but because I pointed out he Rolls alot and that it would probably get punished over here where people seem to always punish rolls I'm hating? GTFO here with that

Gstar instead of pretty much talking down on everyone here how about you go out there with YOUR PIT and actually do some ****ing work.

Sitting back and tell everyone "You don't even know his potential" is not helping anyone get anywhere

I' don't think anyone here thinks pit is a bad character...I think we just haven't figured out the "Correct" way to play him (or atleast a better way to play him like the japanese pit players did).

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
nobodys hating you nigahz are just hyping him up hardcore for no reason

I never said masashi is bad...He's clearly good because He's Putting in mad work...but because I pointed out he Rolls alot and that it would probably get punished over here where people seem to always punish rolls I'm hating? GTFO here with that

Gstar instead of pretty much talking down on everyone here how about you go out there with YOUR PIT and actually do some ****ing work.

Sitting back and tell everyone "You don't even know his potential" is not helping anyone get anywhere

I' don't think anyone here thinks pit is a bad character...I think we just haven't figured out the "Correct" way to play him (or atleast a better way to play him like the japanese pit players did).
I will be doing mad work next year(2011). I'll show all of you what Pit's really about very soon.

What do yall nigahz need help with anyway? lol

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
TK, it just sounded pretty much like hate when people are saying he'd get ***** if he'd come over here. And people hype up his Pit because he's one of the most successful players and probably one of the ONLY successful Pit players consistently and lately. :/ there's no "no reason" behind that. No offense.

Top Bottom