• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I understand he is succesful which imo. is great but when I mean overhype people are putting him on a pedestal, like he is god and anything that comes against him is wrong.

also Gstar you have never been to a tournament?

either way I haven't really gained anything from watching his videos...besides the fact he does the right things at the right time. I didn't see anything SUPER different between the way he plays and I play excepet he camps and rolls more

He is a smart player for doing what he does but in no way do will i worship him like some of the people here do

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I understand he is succesful which imo. is great but when I mean overhype people are putting him on a pedestal, like he is god and anything that comes against him is wrong.

also Gstar you have never been to a tournament?

either way I haven't really gained anything from watching his videos...besides the fact he does the right things at the right time. I didn't see anything SUPER different between the way he plays and I play excepet he camps and rolls more

He is a smart player for doing what he does but in no way do will i worship him like some of the people here do
I have been to 3 tournaments. My first being in IL called the MAS where players like M2K, Judge, Hunger, Kain, and Arty attended. I played all of them except for Hunger, and I did very poorly, but made it out of pools. I wasn't fully maining Pit back then.

The reason that you haven't gained anything is because maybe you don't know how to properly watch videos? I know I don't, but I try to see what was running through their mind when they made X decision. I also look at his camping game and how he uses certain moves like Dair, and his ledge game.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Worshiping someone is defending them on their losses, johning for them, fixating every post you make on them with obscene amounts of praise and telling people to be like them (which no one here is telling anyone to do)... basically ****-riding or sucking ****.

No one will expect you to like or "worship" Masashi, but it is expected that if someone watched all of his videos that they would come back with some sort of analysis on their playstyle rather than just "I don't see such and such..."

Course I can respect that if you looked at every video and did come back with an analysis based on each match. Especially since you commentate matches if I'm not mistaken. (do you play Pit as well?)

Esca

Smash Champion
Pessimistic much? You have a bad attitude Esca. Pit can definitely win a national--noone has gotten to a high enough level to properly show how good he can be @ high-level play(excluding Masashi, but since most of you are blind @ his abilities, so be it).
Dude.. are you really serious?

Pit can NOT win a national.

I've been around since literally day 1 with Pit. I've seen all the stuff he can do, and done all the stuff he can do. Anyone whose played Pit extensively already knows that Pit isnt ever going to place top 3, let alone win a national. He's not a bad character by any means. But he's not an amazing character.

I'm about to go to my first in 3 months this weekend!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Dude.. are you really serious?

Pit can NOT win a national.

I've been around since literally day 1 with Pit. I've seen all the stuff he can do, and done all the stuff he can do. Anyone whose played Pit extensively already knows that Pit isnt ever going to place top 3, let alone win a national. He's not a bad character by any means. But he's not an amazing character.

I'm about to go to my first in 3 months this weekend!
Tisk...tisk...tisk.

Believe what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Just don't forget that anything is possible, and that you can "never say never"

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Worshiping someone is defending them on their losses, johning for them, fixating every post you make on them with obscene amounts of praise and telling people to be like them (which no one here is telling anyone to do)... basically ****-riding or sucking ****.

No one will expect you to like or "worship" Masashi, but it is expected that if someone watched all of his videos that they would come back with some sort of analysis on their playstyle rather than just "I don't see such and such..."

Course I can respect that if you looked at every video and did come back with an analysis based on each match. Especially since you commentate matches if I'm not mistaken. (do you play Pit as well?)
I'm glad someone understands. I'm not meatriding Masashi, and I have watched all of his videos except for his newest ones. I actually watch a lot of Pit videos, including beginners, unknowns, past Pit mains, and the current Pit mains. If you post on here, I probably have watched one of your videos. Noone except for Danny has came really close to Masashi's technical ability, smarts, or his ledge game.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Gstar ok what happened at the other 2?

@Kryst I use Pit in the first match of everyone of my tournaments that I decide to enter singles

I also use him in the even I lose to a DK first match with Kirby because Pit vs DK is too good.

I sometimes use him against snake

other then that Kirby really handle's everything else

I looked at about 7 of his videos...and all I came back with is that he plays somewhat safer/smarter than me

Idk after everyone hyped him up I was just expecting to see a bunch of technical prowess but it was all just basic (but effective) gameplay.

Edit:
GStar said:
Umm, Masashi is pretty smart and will probably adapt just like the rest of the top Japanese players. He'll just do something else. HATER
you don't think this is meat riding? you just mad claims that masashi would basically never get read because he would just mix it up? as if you have played/know masashi on a personal level...then you proceeded to call me a hater because I didn't agree with you. and on top of that you quoted a post where I didn't even say anything about masashi to begin with.

seems like meatriding to me.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So basically you say you play just like Masashi only not as effective? That's pretty good. I'm actually attempting to incorporate his smart play and technical prowess offstage (he does have that, not a huge amount though... I just finally learned how to do that reverse-arrow while keeping my momentum forward, it's actually a turn-around to arrow like most were saying, not a b-reversal, LOL)

You got me on that one, though TKO, I hadn't even noticed that reply. Gstar, you're on your own on thaaaat one XD (Not that I was defending you in the first place I just felt compelled to say my own two-cents)

I will argue that if Masashi was a smart enough player though that he would adapt like a smart player should. Though I don't know him personally so I can't make that claim I guess until I see him in a situation where rolling would !@#$ him up no matter how much he mixed it up (lol @ the possibility of him running into two expert ganon players in the US and getting 2-0'd and out XD!)

(omg and I just realized, your character combo is mad legit, Kirby + Pit wow tons of coverage, how do you deal with Metas usually, is Kirby decent against him?)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ehh it's weird coverage...like Every time I feel like I should use Pit I don't have enough confidence in him to try it.

I just gotta level my Pit up so I can start using him more later on in tourney.

I despise MK vs Pit...I only use him against MK's I know can't deal with arrows...its annoying to me because ShortHop Fair and Nair don't hit so that takes out a huge part of my ground game

Kirby vs Pit is bad for kirby but I manage...the biggest problem is when kirby is behind MK actually doesn't have to approach anymore and there is nothing kirby can really do about it...its forcing a punish character to approach.

also I have this weird almost psycological thing about character height...I hate playing characters that are smaller than me. so In essence I will never use pit on chars like MK lucas Ness and Olimar because I miss more than usual because of thieir small size...kirby sees eye to eye with all of them soo "in my mind" its like this is how the fight is supposed to go

its weird I know...I can't really explain it better than that...lol

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
ehh it's weird coverage...like Every time I feel like I should use Pit I don't have enough confidence in him to try it.

I just gotta level my Pit up so I can start using him more later on in tourney.

I despise MK vs Pit...I only use him against MK's I know can't deal with arrows...its annoying to me because ShortHop Fair and Nair don't hit so that takes out a huge part of my ground game

Kirby vs Pit is bad for kirby but I manage...the biggest problem is when kirby is behind MK actually doesn't have to approach anymore and there is nothing kirby can really do about it...its forcing a punish character to approach.

also I have this weird almost psycological thing about character height...I hate playing characters that are smaller than me. so In essence I will never use pit on chars like MK lucas Ness and Olimar because I miss more than usual because of thieir small size...kirby sees eye to eye with all of them soo "in my mind" its like this is how the fight is supposed to go

its weird I know...I can't really explain it better than that...lol
Lol, I have the same psychological thing w/ character attacks. If it doesn't properly cancel, then I choose not to use it...like Pit's delayed dair, and nair.

I don't think I'm meatriding Masashi, but if you say so that so be it. Masashi is amazing, and I will defend his skill like you said.

I never said that he can't be read, because he can. What I meant is that even if he does come over here to the USA and plays with our top players, he will most likely have the skill to "adapt," solely judging based on his decision making from videos. You are right about not knowing what he can do because he has never came here.

The second two tournaments, I did alright. There was some "Midwest's Best" tourney with Lain and Arty. Lain is soo good, I couldn't believe how fast they were moving, because videos never really show the entire "irl" speed of the players. I was late to the tournament, so I got to enter half price into the loser's bracket. I beat this Wolf using Pit, and barely lost the next game w/ Pit 1st round vs this G&W on BF. Then I used Peach on SV and 2-stocked him. Then, the tournament had Pirate Ship as a CP, and I didn't know since I was so late, so it didn't even come to mind to ban that(not that I would). The dude switched to TL while I was Peach, and it went to time, but in the last 30 sec. I was up like 40%, but I got over confident and waay too cocky, so I approached thinking I could KO him since he was over 100%. That didn't work out to well, so I ate bombs and...you already know the rest.

The 3rd tournament was like a month and a half ago @ an Anime Convention-but it had good players like Reflex, and Kismet. I talked w/ them, but I didn't do good at all since it was single elimination. It was Pit vs Lucario. The Lucario LOVED to roll, and it was very hard to react to considering that he was very reactive and I didn't have a good mindset so I would blindly rush and play aggressive. There was only a 5 min timer so I could have easily timed him out. Instead with 2 seconds left, I taunted(idk why-cocky I guess) and somehow he winded up right next to me w/ an f-tilt shoved up in my face...cockiness once again took me out of the tournamnet >_<

Also the comment about "can't" doesn't cut it. You "can," but you just don't know how. Didn't your momma teach you to not say "can't" lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's actually a decent mindset to level the playing field, the smaller characters seem to excel in this game, look at MK, Olimar, (out of the pokemon for PT-> ) Squirtle, and somewhat Fox... maybe Diddy Kong (they're both below-average height...)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
or forgot...I play squirtle

not PT

squirtle

my ivy is trash and my charizard is ok...but I don't really use PT anymore...I might bust him out in pools at SiiS 4

Esca

Smash Champion
Lol, I have the same psychological thing w/ character attacks. If it doesn't properly cancel, then I choose not to use it...like Pit's delayed dair, and nair.

I don't think I'm meatriding Masashi, but if you say so that so be it. Masashi is amazing, and I will defend his skill like you said.

I never said that he can't be read, because he can. What I meant is that even if he does come over here to the USA and plays with our top players, he will most likely have the skill to "adapt," solely judging based on his decision making from videos. You are right about not knowing what he can do because he has never came here.

The second two tournaments, I did alright. There was some "Midwest's Best" tourney with Lain and Arty. Lain is soo good, I couldn't believe how fast they were moving, because videos never really show the entire "irl" speed of the players. I was late to the tournament, so I got to enter half price into the loser's bracket. I beat this Wolf using Pit, and barely lost the next game w/ Pit 1st round vs this G&W on BF. Then I used Peach on SV and 2-stocked him. Then, the tournament had Pirate Ship as a CP, and I didn't know since I was so late, so it didn't even come to mind to ban that(not that I would). The dude switched to TL while I was Peach, and it went to time, but in the last 30 sec. I was up like 40%, but I got over confident and waay too cocky, so I approached thinking I could KO him since he was over 100%. That didn't work out to well, so I ate bombs and...you already know the rest.

The 3rd tournament was like a month and a half ago @ an Anime Convention-but it had good players like Reflex, and Kismet. I talked w/ them, but I didn't do good at all since it was single elimination. It was Pit vs Lucario. The Lucario LOVED to roll, and it was very hard to react to considering that he was very reactive and I didn't have a good mindset so I would blindly rush and play aggressive. There was only a 5 min timer so I could have easily timed him out. Instead with 2 seconds left, I taunted(idk why-cocky I guess) and somehow he winded up right next to me w/ an f-tilt shoved up in my face...cockiness once again took me out of the tournamnet >_<

Also the comment about "can't" doesn't cut it. You "can," but you just don't know how. Didn't your momma teach you to not say "can't" lol.
Did you play kismet?

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Pit's Up-B is a broken move.
ABout this

I don't if that was ironic but i feel there's a lot to this move, not only wingdashing shenanigans. I clearly saw it cancel some powerful moves with no lag whatsoever, like snake's ftilt. But I can't do it willingly for the life of me.

About Pit being un/able to win a national, I think it's possible. He doesn't have any horrible MU, even MK is doable. It'd "just" take a really smart, really good player.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Hmmm, Interesting comments going on in here. Pit does have potential to win, but as long as Mk is around it's gonna be really hard to do so. Since mk vs pit is so gay. But, eh I do it anyways I'm pretty decent at the mk match-up. Probably will go mk vs mk Mk ditto's I can do.. Pit vs Mk I only do like on fd or something else. Grab Releasing them Mk's who mash out is fun. GR Arrow, GR Buffer run dash attack. Up-b OoS can stop other pit's side b lol some guy did it to me I lol'd so hard. It can also cancel out some other moves like snake's, d3's ftilt. Uh, I think marth's ftilt and jab and more. I don't feel like testing it on everyone. But, For character wise I use, Pit, Mk, and Peach.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That doesnt work well on more than half the neutrals though =/

and wario shouldnt get grabbed by bowsers terrible range anyways D:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
marth is pits best secondary hands down. he handles all those save meta. of course you also argue falco as your best secondary based on whether or not you have more trouble with MK than you do marth. or you could just main mk. but then why play brawl if your just gonna be bland and unoriginal? variety (pit and pals) makes it interesting and fun. mk is lame but has a greater guarentee for winning.
anyways i use pit, marth, sometimes fox, snake, but am possibly dropping snake, marth, fox, or a combination of these for falco mayb. no mk tho.

Esca

Smash Champion
Something I can't bring myself to do is use Pit against Snake. Do you guys feel confident using him against Snake? I'd just much rather go MK against him for some reason.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Playing Kismet with my Pit was fun times.

I'm not sure of the stastics but Pit winning a national would be like Dudley winning a nation SSFIV tournament. nice character but top tiers over shadow him~

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Something I can't bring myself to do is use Pit against Snake. Do you guys feel confident using him against Snake? I'd just much rather go MK against him for some reason.
Lol fun matchup is fun. Pit snake is better mk snake since snake will have a harder time landing that kill shot on a pit and cant camp to force u in to his area.

@Maha u better be black cuz its common knowledge falco is reserved for black ppl :cool:

and ya im still deciding between snake and marth as my secondary but atm im going on a hiatus till my pits spacing is perfect.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I feel pretty confident against Snake with Pit. You've just got to be patient and disruptive. Shooting arrows along with Wingdashing and refreshing WOI at the ledge can help with grenades. Pit shouldn't have to approach Snake. Just watch for the f-tilt.

Usually I just play really defensive and take Snake to BF. This match-up seems pretty even if you play it right.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
marth is pits best secondary hands down. he handles all those save meta. of course you also argue falco as your best secondary based on whether or not you have more trouble with MK than you do marth. or you could just main mk. but then why play brawl if your just gonna be bland and unoriginal? variety (pit and pals) makes it interesting and fun. mk is lame but has a greater guarentee for winning.
anyways i use pit, marth, sometimes fox, snake, but am possibly dropping snake, marth, fox, or a combination of these for falco mayb. no mk tho.

The problem with picking MK or Marth as a secondary is that it not only helps you with your bad matchups, but most of the time, they do better than you in your good match up too. So, it really kind of overshadows your main :/

It's like when a ganon main gets a secondary, hes not really a ganon main anymore.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit doesn't need a secondary. There's no need for one. If you just become better players, then you'll see that a secondary wouldn't really help out an already capable character.

@ Esca-Pit vs Snake is slightly disadvantaged for Pit, but if you camp him, space, and punish as hard as you can when Snake is off-stage, then you should be fine using Pit. Maybe you're just not confident w/ your Pit in general?

dskank

Smash Journeyman
@gstar- y do u think pit v snake is in snakes favor? if u camp hardcore then all hes got is powersheild ftilt, and planking ****s him hard, and we juggle him fa dayz, we can avoid being killed by chillin on the edge, and if ur really pro then wingstool lock is lolz, id call it 50-50, but im no pro...

on side note anyone wanna open up snake match-up re discussion?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
na it hasnt really changed much at all not enough to re-open and as for the secondary thing i dual main snake for the simple reason i've been using him since the beginning and he is really fun for me as for marth if u use marth the knowlege u gain on spacing transfers over to all ur characters so its very beneficial to second marth

Edit: though im dropping snake till my pit is better alot better though ima continue marth for a simple reason i dont feel like explainin

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
@gstar- y do u think pit v snake is in snakes favor? if u camp hardcore then all hes got is powersheild ftilt, and planking ****s him hard, and we juggle him fa dayz, we can avoid being killed by chillin on the edge, and if ur really pro then wingstool lock is lolz, id call it 50-50, but im no pro...

on side note anyone wanna open up snake match-up re discussion?
It's not that much in his favor-45/55. The reason I say this is that he can build up damage MUCH faster than we can w/ only a few hits, and the fact that he lives forever and has great KO power.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pit vs Snake is pretty much even in my eyes. People can argue over that 5%, but that doesn't really mean anything lol. To me this matchup just involves alot of arrow pressure and defensive playing. Outcamping the Snake is important. Remember on flat maps like FD you can just arrow camp from the air. Snakes forward throw has a downward trajectory so they will just go under you, while your arrows can still hit.

Oh and remember that whenever Snake C4's himself you can WOI and take the momentum away. That looks so awesome when done right @_@

Koolaid goes even with the Snakes in his region.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
kuro im as white as it gets :). my friend pulse is white and he mains falco. my friend 2black (who is black) mains marth. isn't that so backwards?
i disagree with saying having a secondary for bad match ups like marth is bad. it is fine if you just use him against the match ups he works for you with. i have an easier time with most people with pit than i do marth but sometimes i need him. oh and for snake vs. pit it is my favorite match up of all time. pit straight up out camps snake if you play his nades smart and your arrows smarter };~)! you also beat him in the air and off stage. if you space arrows just outside ftilt and follow up with grabs, jabs, and aerials that works for me.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I don't much practice camping against Snake or being smart in general. My roomie plays him really well but he doesn't play all that much anymore, and it's boring (for both of us) when all I gotta do is camp hardcore... The matchup is dead even but it feels so hard when you are known by your opponent (he powershields every arrow D: )

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pressure with chaingrab to the edge and try to gimp him. or just practice close quarters against snake. it's actually very doable if your smart. its really hard but its fun and doable with practice.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Eww, chain grab, what sucks is that he suspects that all the time and now he even told me to stop it he just drops nades behind him while approaching, not really worth taking all that damage from his own grabs...

It's hard, I agree :) I just hope that I get to play a good snake that DOESN'T know all my tricks yet... D:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I posted my Ratio Chart that I personally think. Let me just post it or link it on here.
Again this is my opinion on his match-up's it is bond to change in time, or arguments that either hinder pit's ratio or greaten in.

Pit vs Mk: 40-60.
Pit vs Snake: 55-45 or 50-50.
Pit vs Diddy: 60-40 or 55-45, Stage dependent.
Pit vs Falco: 45-55.
Pit vs Wario: 40-60.
Pit vs Marth: 40-60.
Pit vs IC's: 60-40 or 55-45.
Pit vs Olimar: 40-60 or 45-55.
Pit vs Pikachu: 50-50.
Pit vs D3: 50-50 or 45-55. Stage dependent.
Pit vs G&W: 40-60 or 45-55.
Pit vs Lucario: 45-55 or 55-45. First stock decides Ratio. (Personally I think it's in cario's favor.)
Pit vs Zss: 50-50 or slightly in Pit's favor.
Pit vs Toon Link: 50-50.
Pit vs Kirby: 45-55 or 40-60 (If Kirby gets arrows.)
Pit vs Fox 50-50 (I personally think it's slightly in Pit's favor, I love fighting Spacies.)
Pit vs ROB: 50-50 or 55-45 (Slightly in Pit's favor if you use correct Nair usage.)
Pit vs Pit: 90-10 (First one to up-b off stage loses.) jk it's 50-50.
Pit vs Peach: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Dk: 60-40.
Pit vs Luigi 50-50. (I have a lot of experience in this match-up.)
Pit vs Wolf: 60-40 (on FD) 55-45. (On other stages.)
Pit vs Sheik/Zelda (as in turns to both) it's 55-45.
Pit vs Sonic: 50-50.
Pit vs Ike: 60-40, 55-45.
Pit vs San's Ike: 35-65.
Pit vs Sheik: 55-45.
Pit vs Ness: 55-45 or 60-40.
Pit vs PT 58.3-41.7. or 56.6-43.4.
Pit vs Squirtle: 50-50 or 45-55.
Pit vs Ivysaur: 65-35.
Pit vs Charizard: 60-40.
Pit vs Yoshi: 55-45
Pit vs Lucas: 50-50 (It's harder then Ness.)
Pit vs Mario: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Bowser: 60-40 or 55-45.
Pit vs Falcon: 65-35 .
Pit vs Ally's Falcon: 50-50.
Pit vs Samus: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Jigglypuff: 55-45 or 60-40.
Pit vs Link: 65-35.
Pit vs Zelda: 55-45 or 60-40.
Pit vs Ganon: 70-30.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
i agree with most of that, except i think sheik slightly beats pit and pit beats ddd and fox might have a slight advantage on us

has a pit ever beat a renowned diddy?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Fox doesn't beat us. Pretty sure it's even. As far as diddy and pit Im talking about both players being of equal skill lol. I know it seams weird but I think pit has the advantage but not by much.

Top Bottom