• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I want to go to Japan, kidnap Masashi and Earth and then force them to go in U.S tourneys. Anybody want to help me?
pretty sure m2k would do pretty well vs. them soooo not really xD pit wouldnt be as high as he is on their tier list even if they did come down =[ def. a bit higher but...not as high as theirs =[ i wish he didnt go down but we just need to step it up i guess blargh such work

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'm happy he went down actually. I feel like I can't improve with Pit anymore though. Hurray for Mirror Force. New chars now ;o? Also kidnapping Masashi and Earth is pointless because Japan itself has magic and that's why Pit's up.

We sux. Step it up now folks.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
It's because in Japan they aren't dominated by MKs like we are i mean no matter how good of a pit player is... we get ****ED by mk =/ unless some one can find something we have that's legit on MK and can make the mu not as hard then figure it out cuz thatd help a little and then...as players we'd have to get better as well either way and be smart about what we do...but yeah :D

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It's because in Japan they aren't dominated by MKs like we are i mean no matter how good of a pit player is... we get ****ED by mk =/ unless some one can find something we have that's legit on MK and can make the mu not as hard then figure it out cuz thatd help a little and then...as players we'd have to get better as well either way and be smart about what we do...but yeah :D
Yes, the MK matchup is very challenging. After reviewing Pit's matchups; the only disadvantaged matchups I see are MK, Wario, and G&W-which could be even, but I haven't figured the matchup out yet. Otherwise, Pit mains need to step it up. The rest of the matchups in the game are either in our favor or even.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I actually prefer pit vs mk than any other character. Too many other characters get wrecked so easily. And pit isn't that light =]
lol florida's mks are better :) which makes it much much harder...especially since some have pit experience from facing R@vyn and Prince Ramen 2 pits down here in Fl

Yes, the MK matchup is very challenging. After reviewing Pit's matchups; the only disadvantaged matchups I see are MK, Wario, and G&W-which could be even, but I haven't figured the matchup out yet. Otherwise, Pit mains need to step it up. The rest of the matchups in the game are either in our favor or even.
i agree :D cuz even tho at first it was weird fighting wario without grab release (lol) its really easy for me noow that i know the MU and GaW was never that hard for me in the first place i was always good at outspacing GaW's

On a side note i should fiiiiiinalllly have some matches of me up pretty soon took forever to find a way :p

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
That's basically where I'm getting at. We don't really COMPLETELY destroy many characters but we also don't COMPLETELY get destroyed by many characters either. Also, depending on the person some may favor certain MUs that others find difficult just because of who they practice with and how they are as a player. As a community of Pit players we def. need to step it up and stop saying we suck (some do :( ) i mean okay if we lose and don't do well yet that's fine because we can learn from our mistakes soo well lets do it k guys?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I actually don't see the big disadvantage to wario...I usually beat the warios I play. the only one I consistently lose to is Malcolm

its prolly slight like 55-45...maybe 60-40

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeah i don't see a huge disadvantage against wario either but to each his own. I have a problem with Snake when we have a LGL because on the stage i feel we get pretty destroyed other than our cg but i mean...his ftilt doesnt it outrange us ? and he is such a heavy character . I think without the LGL it's not as hard but when we have to be on stage i don't think it's the best =[

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Wario doesn't seem like it's that bad to me, though there's certainly -some- degree of disadvantage. GnW is bad, but I feel like it can be worked around.

I'd add Olimar to that list though. That's my personal worst matchup, anyways. I just always feel like I can't frickin' do anything.

My only problem with Snake is killing the heavy mofo. On flat stages it's fairly easy to outcamp him just by shooting his 'nades out of the air as he throws them. Not only does this stop the attack, the gernade is now at -his- feet and now -his- problem. This also works if you hit him while he's holding it/before he throws it. Don't get in Ftilt range unless you're going to punish lag or bring your shield up or something, and it's not as much of a problem.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I only hate olimar because I don't know what he is doing. I only see pikmin running back and forth. I usely just jump in the crowd and mash an attack and hope to hit lol. I hate looking at that match seriously, it gets me nervous.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
meh...I have extensive olimar practice (L_cancel and Logic)

So far what I have gathered is

The closer you are to him the better...olimar seems to be kind of a mid range character...so he can still safely throw pikman but at the same time have enough time to punish your advances

Don't shoot arrows unless you are a REALLY SAVE distance away...olimar can close in deceptively fast and with his super large grab and attack range he really doesn't need to get THAT FAR in in the first place to wreck our stuff

nair would be a good move against him if he wasnt so freaking short

Jab is an excellent move...infact I see that alot of Pits punished missed moves with Fsmash...and thats not a good idea in this matchup seeing as olimar is such a small target and its hard enough getting in it will be even harder landing a bair if this olimar is ground level (little easier on BF and places with platforms...instead where you would usually fsmash...replace it with jab combo(the 4A one not the 3 hit one) untill he is at high percent...or kill percent because Fsmash will probably be your kill move of choice.

I still have to test Clashing with his low priority moves with pits multihit moves to because oli pikman literally have no priority (outside of the purple one)

will tell you guys more when I remember the rest of it...lol

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I agree with TKO on the olimar MU like mid range oli is good but when we are close it's best for us to use jabs. I don't have much oli experience but i do know jabs are really good.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Olimar is even; Fino helped me w/ that matchup :p. Spam Jab infinite up-close. Olimar's grab comes out on frame 11 while our jab comes out frame 5. Pikmin have no priority, and you can use mirror shield or side-b to reflect them. Destroy Purples whenever you get the chance! Once Olimar's in the air, our up-air destroys him, so use that and punish his landings w/ an uptilt, grab, jab, or d-smash.

You Pits must have not played good enough Warios to say whether it's advantaged or disadvantaged :p
The matchup is slightly disadvantaged for Pit. Depending on the Wario's playstyle can determine your perception of the matchup. If the Wario is aggressive, he beats Pit because of his mobility, and attack speed. When Wario is aggressive vs Pit, it really wrecks our spacing game because he can get within range so quickly. If the Wario is defensive, Pit can beat him. Pit can use arrows, and punish his landings with multi-hit moves. Actually, this is one of Pit's matchups I see where the matchup ratio can be determined by playstyles.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Snake vs Pit is pretty even.

- Battlefield is a nice stage, although that might just be my style.
- Arrows to stop grenade game and force Snake to approach. Reflect them if he gets sloppy. Bottom line is use lots of arrows and anticipate an approach.
- DONT GET FTILTED. Predict and punish.
- Remember little tricks like how WOI pushes away grenades when you're on the ledge and how grabbing him out of his recovery kills him. Planking can be pretty annoying to snake.

One of the few characters that I think Pit destroys is ROB. He is big, and easily comboed, and out-camped. Thats like a recipe for losing against Pit lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^true...love fighting rob...He literally can't do anything about Arrow -> Arrow -> Nair approach....plus combos are so juicy against him...lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Olimar is even; Fino helped me w/ that matchup :p. Spam Jab infinite up-close. Olimar's grab comes out on frame 11 while our jab comes out frame 5. Pikmin have no priority, and you can use mirror shield or side-b to reflect them. Destroy Purples whenever you get the chance! Once Olimar's in the air, our up-air destroys him, so use that and punish his landings w/ an uptilt, grab, jab, or d-smash.

You Pits must have not played good enough Warios to say whether it's advantaged or disadvantaged :p
The matchup is slightly disadvantaged for Pit. Depending on the Wario's playstyle can determine your perception of the matchup. If the Wario is aggressive, he beats Pit because of his mobility, and attack speed. When Wario is aggressive vs Pit, it really wrecks our spacing game because he can get within range so quickly. If the Wario is defensive, Pit can beat him. Pit can use arrows, and punish his landings with multi-hit moves. Actually, this is one of Pit's matchups I see where the matchup ratio can be determined by playstyles.
lol i find it to be quite the opposite if a wario air camping is harder than an agressive wario i guess that might be cuz ima good reader but idk aggressive is much easier for me. and even though i mainly use pit certain MU's arent even worth it and how i deem if its worth it or not is if its boring lol and GaW doesnt wreck pit its actually pretty easy cuz GaW is such a one-dimensional character except for his unique hitboxes and the tech chase isnt too terrible if u can outsmart them or SDI the grab

i agreee with Gadiel as well most matchups are even or in our favor slightly pit has the tools to do very well COME ON PPL les get better

ALSO WE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*breathes*EEEEEEEED TO FINISH THE MATCHUP COMPENDIUM

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
koolaid is a really good player but even he hastn learned to utilize pit even close to his potential yet =/

Edit: Hasnt*

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Im gunna be doin some good shiz, first tourny is Mlg DC then viridian city!
u pits going to MLG try to get some matches on youtube if u have to bring an SD card and copy the replays to ur own there are plenty of ways to record if u cant record so DO EEEEEEET PLZ we need some *newer* vids

sorry for double post lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I don't see how any of you can judge koolaid when that ***** is placing first in tourney

I mean if you talking about america Vs Japan then yes I suppose you are right but in The US kool-aid is clearly the best pit in america..

TeeVee

Smash Lord

One of the few characters that I think Pit destroys is ROB. He is big, and easily comboed, and out-camped. Thats like a recipe for losing against Pit lol

matchup is 55 - 45...no worse, no better.

Top Bottom