• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If pit could have better kill moves, he'd be a great character. And maybe a better mid range game. It's either close or far.

If pit could have better kill moves, he'd be a great character. And maybe a better mid range game. It's either close or far.
There are tons of characters that have problems killing through percents but still manage to do well. Falco and Diddy are so good in other aspects it makes up for the trouble killing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Falco's dacus could be one of his best killing moves. His downsmash has the potential to kill rather early too. His bair game off stage could lead to off stage KO's much easier than Pit, and you can't DI out of his Dsmash. Diddy's gimmicks help lead to his kills. Unless you're implying that arrows are the best ways to lead to our very poor smashes then your argument is invalid. ;D

I really keep wanting to pick up Pit, but my constant nagging about how terrible his ko game is keeps me from playing him for long. :/

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Falco's dacus could be one of his best killing moves. His downsmash has the potential to kill rather early too. His bair game off stage could lead to off stage KO's much easier than Pit, and you can't DI out of his Dsmash. Diddy's gimmicks help lead to his kills. Unless you're implying that arrows are the best ways to lead to our very poor smashes then your argument is invalid. ;D

I really keep wanting to pick up Pit, but my constant nagging about how terrible his ko game is keeps me from playing him for long. :/
Pit is about patience my brah ;) His KO power is not even that horrendous. Depending on where you are on the stage, his KO power can range from 100-140, which is not that bad. It's mostly the heavy-weights that are troubling, but since they are such a huge target, our moveset can make up for that(nair, arrows, side-b).

Pick him up again...I dare you :lick:

Who is going to the Seige tournament in Atlanta?

Pit is about patience my brah ;) His KO power is not even that horrendous. Depending on where you are on the stage, his KO power can range from 100-140, which is not that bad. It's mostly the heavy-weights that are troubling, but since they are such a huge target, our moveset can make up for that(nair, arrows, side-b).
Usmash is still risky. If it ever fails to hit, there is obvious punishment for usmash. Dsmash is merely a gimmick move. If dsmash ever kills with falco, it's rare. Bair is Falco's best kill move in my opinion. Falco can juggle opponents a lot with his throws and other attacks. Trying to hit someone with Bair is safer and more likely to happen than landig a smash with Falco. However, Bair is such a good edgeguard move and other uses it is almost always staled. Plus, it suffers from sex kick syndrome.

His KO power is still low. Unless you hit someone with a fresh fsmash at like 140%, they are not dying. A fresh Dsmash requires like 170%+ to kill people with good DI. All his other moves are bad as well for killing unless you catch someone with some Bad DI like a sudden Ftilt, or a Fair that is not staled.

Isn't pit's fsmash really safe on block due to low ending lag?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Pits fsmash is like equal to snakes ftilt combo but without the range.
If you can react fast, it can easily be punished from shield.

Since it doesn't have much range, its punished more often. So I mainly use my fsmash when I want to edge guard, break shield, or end of combo.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
*Late reply I know*

Remember that MM that I won?
Lol Nick. You always take everything so personal.

You can list every win you have got, list every good placing you have got, actually, go and can win every tourney in the world and list that for me too...

... it still wont change the fact that Pit's Fsmash is very unsafe on shield and does not have "barely any lag". But whatever. Go ahead and believe whatever you want to. /care.

And no, I dont remember that MM? When was it again? Half a year ago?

:052:

Ayoub

Smash Ace
*Late reply I know*

Lol Nick. You always take everything so personal.

You can list every win you have got, list every good placing you have got, actually, go and can win every tourney in the world and list that for me too...

... it still wont change the fact that Pit's Fsmash is very unsafe on shield and does not have "barely any lag". But whatever. Go ahead and believe whatever you want to. /care.

And no, I dont remember that MM? When was it again? Half a year ago?

:052:
I support this, but get lost with your Pogayman.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Does Pit even have any safe moves out of shield? LoL for some char's like snake it's pretty hard for me react when i keep getting F tilted.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Does jab come out fast enough to punish ftilt²?
yes but i would suggest only doing it when hes at higher percents...i get to fight alot of good snakes so jab does work if they wait to do the second hit...if not then i dont believe it can be used against ftilt it's just be safer to grab

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I recently fought M2K in the pit vs metaknight matchup...even tho i got two stocks off of him(yes he was semi-sandbagging and i got a mirror gimp on him) he has officially convinced me pit vs mk is more of a ***** than i use to think

by semi i mean no dashdancing and no spam...his mk is sooo dam fast never fought any mk like that such a beast...and he really does look like a zombie when he plays :O

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

Pick him up again...I dare you :lick:

Who is going to the Seige tournament in Atlanta?
Many people in my state only use heavy characters. I mean man, in the past two tournaments that I've gotten knocked out of brackets with have been by Snakes and a DK. Which is why even my Marth is having a hard time getting anywhere. I play more Snakes in bracket and with such a dumb matchup picking up the character again probably wouldn't help my chances at all.

yes but i would suggest only doing it when hes at higher percents...i get to fight alot of good snakes so jab does work if they wait to do the second hit...if not then i dont believe it can be used against ftilt it's just be safer to grab
If you're saying the grab is safer than using a move with less frames then something seems off. Really the best thing we could do is just powershield against a move with such massive hitboxes.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
KOLA shield grabbing is faster than Pit dropping shield and then jabbing...his jab is 6 frames I think and Shield dropping is a couple of frames also

also lol Yaay

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kola: If you're saying the grab is safer than using a move with less frames then something seems off. Really the best thing we could do is just powershield against a move with such massive hitboxes.

first off its shield grab which has a boosted range so against even the likes of ftilt it will reach secondly yes jab has less frames but it still would not be the best option at low % cuz ftilt can be used far away enough that u cant jab but if they space improperly then u could jab out of shield or jab cancel but in most cases best thing to do is Sgrab cuz of the increase range or just run da fk away that works 2 :laugh:

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
OMG AWA is like so fun. I wish more can come.

Reflex and Kismet, skatt, billie, etc

Everyone says my pit is different, and my arrow control is great...
I dunno. Maybe I'm not confident haha
Says "best pit in state, possibly in region".

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
OMG AWA is like so fun. I wish more can come.

Reflex and Kismet, skatt, billie, etc

Everyone says my pit is different, and my arrow control is great...
I dunno. Maybe I'm not confident haha
Says "best pit in state, possibly in region".
Oh snap, not till I walk through that door!!! Your not the best...yet. Not till I play them, haha.

Tbh, your probably better than me, but we'll see if I can come tomorrow.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
;P The two of you should come to Siegecon and convince me that Pit is somewhat usable.
I'm trying my hardest to get there. It's hard w/ strict parents, but I should be able to. Pit is very viable, and I'll try my best to help you out if I go.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Fighting r.e.f.l.e.x is on a whole NOTHER level!!

To think, I learned something about our pits. We don't know our frame traps. WE discuss strategy and not what pit really can do. I won't even say arrow loops are bad, Its just you have to find the time and place.

Congrats me for dive bombing on my first tourney, was too nervous. Playing r.e.f.l.e.x was much easier.

skrew name searches >=D

And Gadiel, you did great. We have to play some.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Fighting r.e.f.l.e.x is on a whole NOTHER level!!

To think, I learned something about our pits. We don't know our frame traps. WE discuss strategy and not what pit really can do. I won't even say arrow loops are bad, Its just you have to find the time and place.

Congrats me for dive bombing on my first tourney, was too nervous. Playing r.e.f.l.e.x was much easier.

skrew name searches >=D

And Gadiel, you did great. We have to play some.
Yeah I'm ignorant w/ some smash terms. What is a frame trap?

You did good to, but I think you let the dude get in your head too much. After about mid-2nd stock, the G&W basically hit you w/ everything »_« I feel stupid on my part bcuz I got too cocky, and that's something I have to improve upon.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yes..yes it is...although im not sure if its an actual color you can get...i havent played neopets in like 8 years but i do remember this being my favorite one

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
is anyone able to record matches =/? i have some id like to put on my youtube channel but i have no way of recording

oh ayoub when u gonna get some new matches up that falco one seems to old...id like to see why so many ppl think ur beast (not trolling just curious ^^)

Top Bottom