• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh **** nick riddles girlfriend <3333333333

I met you at MLG ohio..you are pretty awesome...SO YEA CHOOSE A HUG!!

and im sorry didnt know your name on smashboards and you know how it is with traps and all...lol

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
oh **** nick riddles girlfriend <3333333333

I met you at MLG ohio..you are pretty awesome...SO YEA CHOOSE A HUG!!

and im sorry didnt know your name on smashboards and you know how it is with traps and all...lol
haha thanks xD and ill choose a hug ^_^ You met me at mlg ohio tho ? lol i may have been spaced out a little :3 but thats cool ill remember you this time at mlg dc for sure tho :D

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys what do you think about my contributions to the boards? I don't have tourney experience yet, so do you take my information seriously?
I always have respect for people that contribute a lot, especcially when it's on a board like the Pit boards. Ofcourse I take you seriously, it's just that you're, just like many others, not always right. But that's what's a forum like this is for, to learn about pit and about the game.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I always have respect for people that contribute a lot, especcially when it's on a board like the Pit boards. Ofcourse I take you seriously, it's just that you're, just like many others, not always right. But that's what's a forum like this is for, to learn about pit and about the game.
Haha sucks that I'm not perfect. Even so, thanks I will be glad to continue contributing knowing that I do make mistakes.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
How does a Pit approach? I can play defensively pretty well with nairs and retreating fairs, but I can't approach for the life of it...

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh i havent posted anywhere but here...lol i mean if you want to critique it go ahead but i was pretty dominant...even in sandbag mode...lol (i stopped sandbagging after first stock was gone tho)

i have more vids that i do need critiqued so i will get around to that

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeah there is a critique thread not sure how active it is but I'm sure if you post there people will critique it for you ^_^

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
How does a Pit approach? I can play defensively pretty well with nairs and retreating fairs, but I can't approach for the life of it...
It depends on the character really.

I have no idea for example how to approach a good olimar

his pikmin have priority over my arrows, and when I do approach him his pikmin latch on and he avoids or he grabs me.

I think of pit as a punishing character. You need to have patience to play as him. He doesn't have a lot of approaching options imo.

Even on his good match up's like Donkey Kong he has the range over pit's. you can't approach TOO easily.

You basically look for an opening, and if there isn't one make one with arrows. <-- easier said than done though.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWc_nolEtJ4

My Pit Vs Shadofiends Sheik

i was sandbagging a little bit because of how hard i beat him first match with PT but still I did some pretty entertaining stuff in here
no flame intended, but y put a match of u 3 stoking a skrub on youtube?

and how is this a good example of aproaching?

i mean, i guess pit can approach any charator with ease so long as there opponent sux...

but on the positive side that was a decent arrow loop

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I didnt put this up myself...a friend did..and i didnt ask him i was just sharing the funny

also wants answering that guys question because i really have no input on that

pit has a horrible time approaching

and the only time i do approach is when someone is thinking im about to shoot an arrow...at that point i just jump into their shield with N-air

and hes not a scrub lol..he just thought he had a sheik after beating some other scrub so I just went and embarrased him and then my friend uploaded it (i couldnt not save it...force replay code)

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
SH Fair
SH Nair (spaced on him so he can't grab you and you can utilt since your utilt is frame 2). Nair is bad against smaller chars though. Except Olimar, who's grab can't grab you up close, so if you space your nair on him then he can't grab you.

Okay and imo you can also approach with dtilt, jab, or even fsmash. I'd walk up to someone and space one of these moves perfectly so they cannot punish. It depends on the character you're playing against though, I wouldn't reccommend doing this against snake. Dtilt has amazing range, (infinite) jab on shield is really hard to punish, fsmash barely has ending lag for Pit.

You shouldn't approach that much though, like Tetsion said Pit is a punishing character.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Snakes just lob grenades at me until i approach and when I do I just get tilted to death
The grenades also cancel out my arrows, usually right in front of me so i have to move away to avoid the explosion

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Pit outcamps snake, so if you have to approach then you're doing it wrong. Shield the nades and push them away with your wings. He shouldn't be able to cook nades because you can shoot arrows if he does. You can reflect the nades with your down b but I personally never do that, shielding is much better.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Pit outcamps snake, so if you have to approach then you're doing it wrong. Shield the nades and push them away with your wings. He shouldn't be able to cook nades because you can shoot arrows if he does. You can reflect the nades with your down b but I personally never do that, shielding is much better.
Snake killed you first, and hes either powershielding or avoiding all of your arrows waiting for you to approach to kill him, what do you do? Yes, you'll have to approach if this situation occurs.

Its obvious Pit outcamps Snake.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Snake killed you first, and hes either powershielding or avoiding all of your arrows waiting for you to approach to kill him, what do you do? Yes, you'll have to approach if this situation occurs.

Its obvious Pit outcamps Snake.
switch up the timing of your arrows, powershield/roll(situational) > grab on snake > Fthrow.

A. Do it the Ayoub trick's montage way
B. Chain-grab to ledge(if possible) and gimp.

Profit? That's all in a ideal situation though.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
About he trick; saturday I had a offline tourney and I pulled it of on Snake in teams, xD it was like: fthrow > fh-dair > wingstool > sourspotbair > charged fsmash. While my teampartner (D3) was CG'ing the other guy xD

Wingless

Smash Cadet
Okay though. I do have a question. Olimar? Fine, I can get around that eventually. Not well, but it isn't complete ****.

But every time I face a G&W (which isn't often, so I guess I just suck at the MU) I...don't even KNOW what to do. It's fail. Approaching never really works, and of course pressuring with arrows is null b/c he'll just bucket them.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Sometimes you can mindgame the G&W into using his bucket and then punish the severe lag.

Snakes just lob grenades at me until i approach and when I do I just get tilted to death
The grenades also cancel out my arrows, usually right in front of me so i have to move away to avoid the explosion

When facing Snake...

- Arrow alot. They can make him drop the grenades which is hawt. Shooting arrows in the air can be a simple answer if the nades are still on the ground. Snake should be approaching you.

- Know the spacing on F-Tilt and beware of DACUS. Arrows are great until you get punished...so don't be . Lots of Snakes like to powershield and then F-Tilt so don't just spam arrows. Charging is good.

- If planking, remember that WOI can push the grenades away from the ledge so you don't get hit. fun stuff

- If the Snake up-B's near the ledge remember that you can grab him out of it and force him to either C4 himself or die.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Okay though. I do have a question. Olimar? Fine, I can get around that eventually. Not well, but it isn't complete ****.

But every time I face a G&W (which isn't often, so I guess I just suck at the MU) I...don't even KNOW what to do. It's fail. Approaching never really works, and of course pressuring with arrows is null b/c he'll just bucket them.
this mu is all about making reads and punishing
gw has very predictable moves, it would be hard not to see bair coming, if hes any where near u while in the air expect an airial and just dont get hit, and arrows arent completly out of this match u just have to use them sparcely to punish
oh and approaching gw is risky. u really want to stay away from him after ur at about 85% cause dsmash will kill, at that point just go for sure damage

i beat a decent gw main in tourney today this is a match we really need to re-discuss its not really not that bad a match but lots of pits have trouble with it

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Omgosh, F-smash has so much ending lag! I played Shugo's Falco in tourney, f-smashed him from perfect range, yet was DACUS'd OOS. I've quit on using it vs the shield because it almost always loses. F-smash is better when the opponent is @ a disadvantaged position(air, laggy move, etc.)

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Still doesnt change the fact that it has ending lag.

When have I you played in tournaments?

:052:
Remember that MM that I won?

Omgosh, F-smash has so much ending lag! I played Shugo's Falco in tourney, f-smashed him from perfect range, yet was DACUS'd OOS. I've quit on using it vs the shield because it almost always loses. F-smash is better when the opponent is @ a disadvantaged position(air, laggy move, etc.)
Yeah I said it wrong, I ment that fsmash is hard to punish. And that's not even in every matchup, characters like Snake can obviously punish it. Falco can Dacus every time to punish your fsmash, it's really annoying. Fsmash is really safe on shield against characters like Wario and Yoshi though. Know your matchups and know when you can and when you can't do it. Even though I see a lot of pit players just spamming it.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Haha i feel special....

My friend that plays snake went to a tourney hangout spot. There is this pit mainer there. He said he seen my vids, and I suck. Well that pit got his butt kicked left and right. So my friend taught him a few tricks and stuff I use against him he didn't know.

Now he's like, I can't wait till I fight this pit. He seems really good.

I hate pittos though......... =/

If I am not cautious I might end up picking up pit. But, why not. Anyone being bogged down my school like I am? 150pgs of ancient greek style story telling due by tomorrow (reading the iliad) woot!

Top Bottom