• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

yes..yes it is...although im not sure if its an actual color you can get...i havent played neopets in like 8 years but i do remember this being my favorite one
I believe that's the limited edition version, but then again I havn't played for about 3 years myself ;___;.

Had a Baby Kacheek :3.

Also@Kuro, I'd be willing to record some matches for you if you wish.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It is so hard being a Pit main. >_< Our character gets thrashed on the tier list thread, and I try defending him, but it really doesn't make a difference, lol. There are some players that defend him though(Gheb, Albert, and some others).

How do you guys handle the negativity about our character?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
It is so hard being a Pit main. >_< Our character gets thrashed on the tier list thread, and I try defending him, but it really doesn't make a difference, lol. There are some players that defend him though(Gheb, Albert, and some others).

How do you guys handle the negativity about our character?

Pit is the type of character that is easily trashed. Why? Because he has no completely overpowered facets of his game. When people say "What does he do exceptionally well", the answer is nothing. To alot of people this means he is bad. Obviously this isn't true since pit does do many things well and that is what makes him a solid character. Its just much more difficult to try to explain how the little things he does well here and there actually add up to someone who deserves a decent tier list spot. Plus his tournament results aren't the best so we can't really fall on that.....

Honestly I just do my own thing nowadays. Let the haters *cough*Shaya*cough* hate and if Pit is as good as we all believe he is then he is sure to eventually live up to his potential anyways.

We should have a "Reasons why Pit is a good character" thread lol.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
^^^ Agreed. If anything you can always just ignore it and if not then if you beat them laugh at them and be like "You just lost to a character you think sucks? **** you MUST be terrible!" and then walk away smiling :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I believe that's the limited edition version, but then again I havn't played for about 3 years myself ;___;.

Had a Baby Kacheek :3.

Also@Kuro, I'd be willing to record some matches for you if you wish.
YAYYYY finally som1 ive been wanting some youtube vids of me for a looong time now just like pm me a day to send em and stuffz

@everyone in my opinion pit has so many little nuances that if combine all together could really make pit one of the best chars in the game

Imagine Sagemoon wingplay,undrdogs arrow game, koolaids upclose ablility, and earths patience and reads would be the most ownage thing ever...

which is why im on a quest to find how every pit uses pits many AT'S and meld them into one all encompassing style...>:D with my own flare added :3

thats gonna be a very tiring pit to play tho kinda like how kyons peach is so fking sick but it kills his hands cuz of how much he has to do lol...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit is the type of character that is easily trashed. Why? Because he has no completely overpowered facets of his game. When people say "What does he do exceptionally well", the answer is nothing. To alot of people this means he is bad. Obviously this isn't true since pit does do many things well and that is what makes him a solid character. Its just much more difficult to try to explain how the little things he does well here and there actually add up to someone who deserves a decent tier list spot. Plus his tournament results aren't the best so we can't really fall on that.....

Honestly I just do my own thing nowadays. Let the haters *cough*Shaya*cough* hate and if Pit is as good as we all believe he is then he is sure to eventually live up to his potential anyways.

We should have a "Reasons why Pit is a good character" thread lol.
I second the thread, let's do it!

The thing about getting underestimated is good, but I'm still bad @ the game, lol. It wouldn't matter much since I don't know how to step it up.

FYRE, I heard ur Pit was really good @ MLG. How do u play?

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
@Gadiel: Who told you that pack of fibs? :laugh:
My Pit's decent at the best. But if you really wanna know, I do a lot of baiting and punishing. Depending on the character I'm facing, I will either camp my *** off, or do more hand to hand combat. Usually against someone I'm not familiar with I start off camping just to get a feel for their style. I do lots of damage wracking combos and punish spotdodges and airdodges with grabs. I try to do a lot of gimping, but if that doesn't work, a lot of the kills I make are with Fsmash or a fresh Bair. Oh, and I get a looooooot of MK practice because MK mains are a dime a dozen.

edit: Sorry, it was first thing in the morning.. x.x
Oh, and I like to piss people off when I play. It makes them more prone to punishable habits. I have an annoying style.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
@Gladiel: Who told you that pack of fibs? :laugh:
My Pit's decent at the best. But if you really wanna know, I do a lot of baiting and punishing. Depending on the character I'm facing, I will either camp my *** off, or do more hand to hand combat. Usually against someone I'm not familiar with I start off camping just to get a feel for their style. I do lots of damage wracking combos and punish spotdodges and airdodges with grabs. I try to do a lot of gimping, but if that doesn't work, a lot of the kills I make are with Fsmash or a fresh Bair. Oh, and I get a looooooot of MK practice because MK mains are a dime a dozen.
It's Gadiel >_< lol don't worry. Hmm, I need to stop my scrubby mindset of not camping. I camp, but not nearly enough in order to win. I don't know why I don't because I tell myself to. I think I've listened to too many srubs and their non-play-to-win mindset. Gosh, I will stop that, and I will not let anyone influence me anymore.

Who in here times out on purpose? I think I will start doing that in tournament :lick:

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Actually, it kinda gives us an edge if you think about it. If people are automatically gonna think that Pit is a bad character, we're more likely to get underestimated in tournaments. Then we step up and kick some ***!
Finally someone who understands. That's why I never discuss with people if they say Pit is bad nor say things like "keep thinking Pit is bad, untill I play you." Cuz if you get *****, you're a complete failure. xD

Anyway, let them underestimate, the better for us.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Rofl. I dont think Pit is bad at all.

I think he simply doesn't deserve his current tier list position and the +4 rise at all, and I'm doubtful whether he can hold his position vs. the ones that are lower than him enough. To make it worse, he has proven very, very little and is almost fully dependent on potential. If I see Pits step it up I wouldnt bother having him high at all.

Pit is one of my 'play 4 for fun' characters ;p. He's really gay though. THE FIGHT IS ON!! Stfu, wear you thong lower and hit puberty please.

:053:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
..you know kyon...you're from florida? :O have..i met you? :) xD

lol ya i go to tourneys all the time but i dont believe ive met you ive met pretty much everyone in the CFL scene and most of the ppl in the SFL scene at least the high end ones including nick and ive met lady legion,detour, so on and so on ironically ive never met you xD i will if ur going to the nll on the 25 tho cuz im going

FELLOW PIT MAINS UNITE >:D lol

It's Gadiel >_< lol don't worry. Hmm, I need to stop my scrubby mindset of not camping. I camp, but not nearly enough in order to win. I don't know why I don't because I tell myself to. I think I've listened to too many srubs and their non-play-to-win mindset. Gosh, I will stop that, and I will not let anyone influence me anymore.

Who in here times out on purpose? I think I will start doing that in tournament :lick:
At high levels its kinda hard to "camp" tho :ohwell: les see u try to camp against hrnut,GDX,nickriddle, and seibrik the main thing i find arrows for is kind of like how snakes use grenades and thats to force approaces and slipups and to get on that extra dmg while they try to approach or to counter camp on characters like snake...at least on neutrals cuz most good people regardless of how u time ur arrows power shield. \edge camping is viable always if u are behind and need that extra boost to put u in the lead again as for timing out i only be that gay if 1)i lost the first match and 2) they dont ban my time-out stage(s)

On that note what is a good stage for pit to time out on? i know of norfair being amazing but what else? ideas?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Any stage with lots of room would be a good stage to time out on I should think. I don't like timing out though. It's soooo boring. >_<

not really...cuz u can still get hit ez even on big stages most of the time one reason norfair is is cuz u consistently refresh ur invincibility frames w/o being punished but as of me doing it ive yet to do it in a match cuz i just cant... >.< but i have ledge camped till i got a lead again b4 or when i was scared but thats not boring thats me wanting to win

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Ooh, here's an interesting question. Scenario: you're fighting an opponent and you're at high %, but you've gotten the first kill off your opponent. Your opponent is revived on the platform and is trying really hard to even up the stocks. What do you do as Pit mains to avoid getting killed when your opponent is still invincible from being revived? See, I usually jump into the air, but I know that's not really a good idea. I'm just lucky that I haven't been uber punished for it so far. I need to get outta that habit. So what do you guys do?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
At high levels its kinda hard to "camp" tho :ohwell: les see u try to camp against hrnut,GDX,nickriddle, and seibrik the main thing i find arrows for is kind of like how snakes use grenades and thats to force approaces and slipups and to get on that extra dmg while they try to approach or to counter camp on characters like snake...at least on neutrals cuz most good people regardless of how u time ur arrows power shield. \edge camping is viable always if u are behind and need that extra boost to put u in the lead again as for timing out i only be that gay if 1)i lost the first match and 2) they dont ban my time-out stage(s)

On that note what is a good stage for pit to time out on? i know of norfair being amazing but what else? ideas?
Basically any neutral(SV, BF, FD, Lylat) is a good stage to time them out because you can glide under the stage. For the broken CP stages, hmm, delphino, brinstar, norfair, rainbow cruise, japes, halberd, castle seige, and frigate are good stages to time out. Actually, Pit can time anyone out on any stage, but those are the best. From watching Vex, I know that you can wing-refresh to the top of the screen, then glide away, and keep up the pace by jumping away and timing them out. Another option is to play extremely patient, and go above the 50 ledge-grab rule, so they'll become aggressive & flustered, and then punish their predictable approaches.

Anymore time-out strategies Pits?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Basically any neutral(SV, BF, FD, Lylat) is a good stage to time them out because you can glide under the stage. For the broken CP stages, hmm, delphino, brinstar, norfair, rainbow cruise, japes, halberd, castle seige, and frigate are good stages to time out. Actually, Pit can time anyone out on any stage, but those are the best. From watching Vex, I know that you can wing-refresh to the top of the screen, then glide away, and keep up the pace by jumping away and timing them out. Another option is to play extremely patient, and go above the 50 ledge-grab rule, so they'll become aggressive & flustered, and then punish their predictable approaches.

Anymore time-out strategies Pits?
thx tbh i had no knowledge of any time-out strategies mainly cuz if its on youtube i get bored and quit watching and i never do it myself ill remember these just in case

@pitskeyblade dude just grab the ledge yo ur pit u can edge camp like ***** lol

Nitrix

Smash Ace
In terms of timing people out and frustrating them in general, Rainbow Cruise seems nice?

If transitioning to the part after the pendulum, you can glide up through the platforms which is really helpful when someone is expecting you to take the usual route.

I don't really see how timing out on Japes is viable. But planking there is nice since the side-platforms are so cramped. Pit can be realllllllllly annoying there lol.

On a side note, I think BF is Pit's best neutral out of SV and FD. He controls the space really well.

For me, arrows pretty much force approaches. They can also just mess up timing in general. One thing they really help with is screwing up recoveries of big targets like ROB and Dedede. You can also hit people trying to ledgecamp with them.

For Snake, shoot alot of arrows since they make him drop grenades. Pit can outcamp Snake as long as he avoids the grenades that actually get thrown by staying in the air.

Ooh, here's an interesting question. Scenario: you're fighting an opponent and you're at high %, but you've gotten the first kill off your opponent. Your opponent is revived on the platform and is trying really hard to even up the stocks. What do you do as Pit mains to avoid getting killed when your opponent is still invincible from being revived? See, I usually jump into the air, but I know that's not really a good idea. I'm just lucky that I haven't been uber punished for it so far. I need to get outta that habit. So what do you guys do?

I usually run around randomly at the start so they don't know exactly what I will do. Then just play defensively since the vast majority of people just go crazy when invincible. Do not rol behind them unless you're sure its safel, lots of people roll when the oponent respawns and some people just watch and punish.

If they can't deal with Pit's ledgegame just go and chill at the ledge.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@nitrix meh i agree with u on the space part but the platforms somewhat limit his arrows cuz if u touch even by like a friggin pixel it cancels ur arrow which makes SH arrows and FH arrows and looping correctly *yes its useful if used to edgeguard and mindgame* but at the same time i <3 the platforms cuz they lead to nice strings and such my fav nuetrals would have to be sv and bf

Question:whats pits best cp against wario ;-;

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I swear pit is anti air, and follows the MK rule. Who ever is higher in the air, is loosing. I'm glad pit can fast fall pretty decent, that's how I bait my opponents in the air. Full hop dair to FF aerial dodge, or jump up high and wait for chase, if not, glide.

Kuro, you can always go to your old post and edit it. No penalty or anything. I notice you have low post count and probably didn't know how to use the boards much.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
@nitrix meh i agree with u on the space part but the platforms somewhat limit his arrows cuz if u touch even by like a friggin pixel it cancels ur arrow which makes SH arrows and FH arrows and looping correctly *yes its useful if used to edgeguard and mindgame* but at the same time i <3 the platforms cuz they lead to nice strings and such my fav nuetrals would have to be sv and bf

Question:whats pits best cp against wario ;-;
From my experience, stages that don't have many platforms work well. FD mainly, and Frigate works suprisingly well for me. Idk, depending on the Wario's playstyle dictates the stage imo. Warios that air camp and out maneuvur Pit are hard to deal with, so the stages with less platforms help to limit that.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Kuro Yes I'm going to this weekends NLL and...you SURE you haven't met me? I'm the girl who follows Nick Riddle around and like kisses him and touches him discreetly or is playing xD I also usually carry Kyon around and I'm like always up there lol but yeah for sure we are going up there SO I CAN SEE YOU tho...i dunno what you'll look like uh uh uh if i get my dress ill wear it since its all white and rlly purty and i look like an angel xD u got the angel joke? yesh yesh i know SO FUNNY :D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I swear pit is anti air, and follows the MK rule. Who ever is higher in the air, is loosing. I'm glad pit can fast fall pretty decent, that's how I bait my opponents in the air. Full hop dair to FF aerial dodge, or jump up high and wait for chase, if not, glide.

Kuro, you can always go to your old post and edit it. No penalty or anything. I notice you have low post count and probably didn't know how to use the boards much.
o.o thx but i do know how just didnt think it would matter THAT much

From my experience, stages that don't have many platforms work well. FD mainly, and Frigate works suprisingly well for me. Idk, depending on the Wario's playstyle dictates the stage imo. Warios that air camp and out maneuvur Pit are hard to deal with, so the stages with less platforms help to limit that.
oh frigate interesting choice ill have to try that out

@Kuro Yes I'm going to this weekends NLL and...you SURE you haven't met me? I'm the girl who follows Nick Riddle around and like kisses him and touches him discreetly or is playing xD I also usually carry Kyon around and I'm like always up there lol but yeah for sure we are going up there SO I CAN SEE YOU tho...i dunno what you'll look like uh uh uh if i get my dress ill wear it since its all white and rlly purty and i look like an angel xD u got the angel joke? yesh yesh i know SO FUNNY :D
i dunno i dont believe i have and:chuckle: at carrying kyon that would be hilarious to see and ok ill see you there then xDDD ill just look for da crazy women carrying kyon or ****** nick stealthily o.o :chuckle:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've been thinking we all know WoI can be used to cancel certain moves out and what "type" of moves it can but what do yall think of making a thread with a complete list of moves that WoI can "push" or cancel cuz i actualy find using WoI in that way better than shielding if u predict ur opponent and if u Z-cancel u cant get punished anyways since u come out of WoI with ur shield up and if it did stop them u can punish most moves easier than if u had shielded. Opiniions?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I sorta like the idea. I use it alot and sometimes you tech out off it. I think maybe because you are technically in the air so you can di down. z techs? Happens rarely for me.
lol ya thats useful as well as far as the *z* part no im just referring to the much simpler after WoI u appear in shield right away thats all just helps further prevent punishing if by some mishap u screw up the spacing

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The ATs are nice to learn, but the basics of high-level play(zoning, predicting, baiting) should be more of a priority. I don't even think we've developed a good ground game for Pit...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The ATs are nice to learn, but the basics of high-level play(zoning, predicting, baiting) should be more of a priority. I don't even think we've developed a good ground game for Pit...
thats not something that can be taught with words...u have to really learn that from watching and just playing the game but i get what u mean and ive gotten a pretty decent ground game worked out and so does yass/koolaid

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I'm theorizing one. I may make a thread when I find out about pits aerial autocancel frames.

For now its all about spacing. And to come to think of it, pits AT's are mainy best used defensively. No?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm theorizing one. I may make a thread when I find out about pits aerial autocancel frames.

For now its all about spacing. And to come to think of it, pits AT's are mainy best used defensively. No?
yes that is pretty much the gist of it except things like wing lunge/refresh/ART

@Gadiel WHY U KEEP IGNORING ME WHEN I TRY TO PLAY U ON AIB:psycho:

Top Bottom