• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't see how any of you can judge koolaid when that ***** is placing first in tourney

I mean if you talking about america Vs Japan then yes I suppose you are right but in The US kool-aid is clearly the best pit in america..
lol i said that o.o he is da best pit in america atm but u can be the best and still not be utilizing ur character to its best cuz pit can be good just by knowing ur options and moveset doesnt mean ur utilizing him to his capacity but i also like R@vyn's pit id like to see them 2 duke it out xD kinda like how i wanna see war vs fatal since ally dont play snake any more

and he isnt placing tops in nationals which is waht really counts but 33 is still very sexy placement but it represents the fact that pit can do much more

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well he only isnt placing top at nationals because I have to keep playing him in bracket (smirk)

naw but srsly I see what you mean now...I'm trying to unlock my full potential with Pit Which I think I would be closer to if I used WOI more appropriately

TeeVee

Smash Lord
plz don't tell me you somehow name searched rob?...lmao
LMFAO nah, i was just name searching top players in new england and in the midst of euro pot monster pits trash talking koolaid i happened to see the word rob.

carry on, ill be on my way.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well he only isnt placing top at nationals because I have to keep playing him in bracket (smirk)

naw but srsly I see what you mean now...I'm trying to unlock my full potential with Pit Which I think I would be closer to if I used WOI more appropriately
yup we all need to learn to utilize EVERYTHING he has cuz he has soooo much stuff unlike alot of chars personally i need to work on my zoning with arrows a bit more and also as a whole i dont think enough of you pits abuse grabs enough pits grabs are soo beastly

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea his grabs are good but his grab range is not...Fthrow and Dthrow Are my personal favs

Dthrow -> wait for spotdodge -> Dthrow -> up-air fav combo...lol

I need to start baiting approaches so i can get more pivot grabs because his pivot grab range is legit

Does anyone else use the mirror shield as an air block?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yea his grabs are good but his grab range is not...Fthrow and Dthrow Are my personal favs

Dthrow -> wait for spotdodge -> Dthrow -> up-air fav combo...lol

I need to start baiting approaches so i can get more pivot grabs because his pivot grab range is legit

Does anyone else use the mirror shield as an air block?
on occasion i do and for me spotting grab opportunities has always been my specialty since i first started getting competitive idk why i just see it really well lol and his isnt as bad as say...capn Falcon or ganondorf and i land grabs with them a pretty good amount so ya... and lol i love dthrow baiting and just like abusing uthrows dmg...so sexy and bthrow to arrow to angel ring is a nice mixup

and also pits arrows and reputation put som1 in a certain mindsset when facing a pit which for me really helps me get grabs more often cuz they are expecting something else from previous notions they had of him ;)

GUYS WE REALLY NEED TO FINISH MATCH UP THREAD lets try HARD to get a full compendium

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well the problem is...I came from Falco and then falco got boring so I went to kirby

both of them have great grab ranges...so when I picked up pit the first think I notice is that his grab range is freaking horrible compared to kirby/falco

it just takes some getting used to

I also gotta figure out who I'm using him for at MLG..I know im using him for snake so far...I used to use him for olimar but thats actually not too bad of a matchup for kirby anymore for me atleast...hmmmmmm brb getting tierlist

Who I use for matches.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Edit:
Meta Knight -Kirby
Snake - Pit
Diddy Kong -Both
Falco - if agressive Pit. if Campy Kirby
Wario - Kirby
Marth - Kirby
Ice Climbers- Pit
Olimar - Kirby
Pikachu -Both (mostly kirby)
King Dedede - Pit....hate this matchup lately
Mr. Game & Watch - Kirby
Lucario - ??? Idk haven't decided...probably Pit
Zero Suit Samus - Pit
Toon Link - Kirby (can't outcamp TL I get flustered by camping)
Kirby - Pit unless I know I can win with kirby because Kirby dittos are lame
Fox - Kirby
R.O.B - Pit
Pit- Pit (smirk) I can do this ditto
Peach - Both
Donkey Kong - Both
Luigi - Kirby
Wolf - Kirby
Sonic - Pit (can do kirby if need be though)
Ike - Both
Sheik -Kirby
Ness - Both
Pokémon Trainer - PT (yes I can play PT...actually best PT in MD/VA...lol)
Yoshi - Pit
Lucas - Both
Mario - Pit
Bowser - Kirby (kill power to good)
Captain Falcon - Both
Samus - Pit (can do both though
Jigglypuff - Kirby
Link - HAHA
Zelda - Pit
Ganondorf - HAHA 2x

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
GUYS WE REALLY NEED TO FINISH MATCH UP THREAD lets try HARD to get a full compendium
Well, Nitrix did say he was having trouble finishing the thread due to him being busy, and asked someone else to take over for him; however, no one has responded (to my knowledge). I wouldn't mind taking over the thread, but I'm also busy out of my mind X__X. Although, I can try asking my friends to see if they can take over the thread.

But yeah, I do hope the Match Up thread is finished soon. It will help so many players with their difficult Match Up's. I know it helped me in the Falco Match Up ^__^.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well the problem is...I came from Falco and then falco got boring so I went to kirby

both of them have great grab ranges...so when I picked up pit the first think I notice is that his grab range is freaking horrible compared to kirby/falco

it just takes some getting used to

I also gotta figure out who I'm using him for at MLG..I know im using him for snake so far...I used to use him for olimar but thats actually not too bad of a matchup for kirby anymore for me atleast...hmmmmmm brb getting tierlist

Who I use for matches.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Edit:
Meta Knight -Kirby
Snake - Pit
Diddy Kong -Both
Falco - if agressive Pit. if Campy Kirby
Wario - Kirby
Marth - Kirby
Ice Climbers- Pit
Olimar - Kirby
Pikachu -Both (mostly kirby)
King Dedede - Pit....hate this matchup lately
Mr. Game & Watch - Kirby
Lucario - ??? Idk haven't decided...probably Pit
Zero Suit Samus - Pit
Toon Link - Kirby (can't outcamp TL I get flustered by camping)
Kirby - Pit unless I know I can win with kirby because Kirby dittos are lame
Fox - Kirby
R.O.B - Pit
Pit- Pit (smirk) I can do this ditto
Peach - Both
Donkey Kong - Both
Luigi - Kirby
Wolf - Kirby
Sonic - Pit (can do kirby if need be though)
Ike - Both
Sheik -Kirby
Ness - Both
Pokémon Trainer - PT (yes I can play PT...actually best PT in MD/VA...lol)
Yoshi - Pit
Lucas - Both
Mario - Pit
Bowser - Kirby (kill power to good)
Captain Falcon - Both
Samus - Pit (can do both though
Jigglypuff - Kirby
Link - HAHA
Zelda - Pit
Ganondorf - HAHA 2x
lol nice im still learning MU's but i use pit for everyone except olimar and mk if i lose with pit i just go snake cuz mine wrecks pretty hard i usually use mk on oli and i use either marth or snake on mk marth vs mk matchup is hella fun since most mk's have no idea how to fight marths that know the mk matchup ;) btw dude how do u fight kirby with pit? like idk its just such a weard matchup for me i dont do terrible but i dont like it either

Well, Nitrix did say he was having trouble finishing the thread due to him being busy, and asked someone else to take over for him; however, no one has responded (to my knowledge). I wouldn't mind taking over the thread, but I'm also busy out of my mind X__X. Although, I can try asking my friends to see if they can take over the thread.

But yeah, I do hope the Match Up thread is finished soon. It will help so many players with their difficult Match Up's. I know it helped me in the Falco Match Up ^__^.
indeed i wouldnt mind HELPING in making summaries and such but i dont think i could take over thread

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its basically a game of Keep away...only problem is kirby being such a small target makes it hard for you to effectively camp him. but seeing as arrows can be angled and curved it makes it a little easier

My Goal during that match is to keep him in the air..kirby Might have good aerials but his aerial speed is atrocious making it easy to bait and punish him. I'm pretty passive agressive in that matchup because I'll chill out until i get that opening then I just try to get a string in and then resume camping....I'll see if my "kirby in training" friend wants to play tonight and get some replays of it

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
its basically a game of Keep away...only problem is kirby being such a small target makes it hard for you to effectively camp him. but seeing as arrows can be angled and curved it makes it a little easier

My Goal during that match is to keep him in the air..kirby Might have good aerials but his aerial speed is atrocious making it easy to bait and punish him. I'm pretty passive agressive in that matchup because I'll chill out until i get that opening then I just try to get a string in and then resume camping....I'll see if my "kirby in training" friend wants to play tonight and get some replays of it
coool sounds good im gonna have some replays of mine own uploaded to youtube thx to som1 vouching to record for me :bee:

Nitrix

Smash Ace

Yea, I intended on the thread but my life is very busy right now and I just don't have the time to give the thread the love that it deserves. :urg:

Loli sent me a message and I think Rayvn might be doing something about the thread.

....With that being said tho, if you guys want to write summaries I will gladly add them.

Who I use for characters

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edit:
Meta Knight -Diddy Kong
Snake - Pit
Diddy Kong - Pit
Falco - Pit
Wario - Pit
Marth - Pit
Ice Climbers- ROB
Olimar - ROB <3
Pikachu -Pit / Diddy
King Dedede - Pit
Mr. Game & Watch - Diddy
Lucario - Pit, this is kind of a scary matchup tho
Zero Suit Samus - Pit
Toon Link - ROB
Kirby - Pit
Fox - Pit
R.O.B - Pit
Pit- Pit
Peach - Pit, although this is a pretty hard matchup for me
Donkey Kong - Pit
Luigi - ROB
Wolf - Pit
Sonic - Pit
Ike - Pit
Sheik -Pit
Ness - Pit
Pokémon Trainer - Pit
Yoshi - Pit
Lucas - Pit
Mario - Pit
Bowser - Pit
Captain Falcon - Pit
Samus - Pit
Jigglypuff - Pit
Link - Pit
Zelda - Pit
Ganondorf - Pit

And Teevee I really don't understand how you get 55:45 from the Pit-ROB matchup lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yea, I intended on the thread but my life is very busy right now and I just don't have the time to give the thread the love that it deserves. :urg:

Loli sent me a message and I think Rayvn might be doing something about the thread.

....With that being said tho, if you guys want to write summaries I will gladly add them.

Who I use for characters

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edit:
Meta Knight -Diddy Kong
Snake - Pit
Diddy Kong - Pit
Falco - Pit
Wario - Pit
Marth - Pit
Ice Climbers- ROB
Olimar - ROB <3
Pikachu -Pit / Diddy
King Dedede - Pit
Mr. Game & Watch - Diddy
Zero Suit Samus - Pit
Toon Link - ROB
Kirby - Pit
Fox - Pit
R.O.B - Pit
Pit- Pit
Donkey Kong - Pit
Luigi - ROB
Wolf - Pit
Sonic - Pit
Ike - Pit
Sheik -Pit
Ness - Pit
Pokémon Trainer - Pit
Yoshi - Pit
Lucas - Pit
Mario - Pit
Bowser - Pit
Captain Falcon - Pit
Samus - Pit
Jigglypuff - Pit
Link - Pit
Zelda - Pit
Ganondorf - Pit

And Teevee I really don't understand how you get 55:45 from the Pit-ROB matchup lol.
ok ill definitely try to write up a summary on da characters i know best how would i go about that? and LOL ur doing it how it should be done use pit for everyone except the ppl that make it soooooo boring and gay xD btw why ROB against oli? o.o and lol idk why all pits find GaW so annoying hes kinda a fun matchup i find it completely even and omg i agree on peach i tried to fight Kyon's peach w/o peach experience with pit and my pit got sexed i was a sad panda that day

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time

Who I use for characters

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edit:
Meta Knight -Diddy Kong
Snake - Pit
Diddy Kong - Pit
Falco - Pit
Wario - Pit
Marth - Pit
Ice Climbers- ROB
Olimar - ROB <3
Pikachu -Pit / Diddy
King Dedede - Pit
Mr. Game & Watch - Diddy
Zero Suit Samus - Pit
Toon Link - ROB
Kirby - Pit
Fox - Pit
R.O.B - Pit
Pit- Pit
Donkey Kong - Pit
Luigi - ROB
Wolf - Pit
Sonic - Pit
Ike - Pit
Sheik -Pit
Ness - Pit
Pokémon Trainer - Pit
Yoshi - Pit
Lucas - Pit
Mario - Pit
Bowser - Pit
Captain Falcon - Pit
Samus - Pit
Jigglypuff - Pit
Link - Pit
Zelda - Pit
Ganondorf - Pit

Sure, I wouldn't mind writing up another summary ^__^. I think I'll write one on Wolf, since Falco and Fox already have summaries, and the spacies are one of the only characters I have done an in depth analysis of. I'll make sure to get it in to you once I'm done.

And I wish you luck in finding someone to take over the thread, Nitrix ^__^. And best wishes that the thread is finished before long :bee:!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean...I never had the oppurtunity to fight bowser anyway but I just speculate that I would use Kirby because of how early I can kill bowser with FSmash/Hammer

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I am so proud of myself for applying to 10+ jobs yesterday. I've applied to fast food resturants, grocery stores, clothing companies, and that's about it. I'm applying to Gamestop for a temporary job for the Christmas season today.

Where else should I apply to?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so the only reason I didnt put any vids up yesterday is because when I did play my friend (who's kirby I trained) he pretty much was giving me the D...lmao

I was playing the matchup wrong and wasnt following my own advice..and was using alot of dair (been playing brawl minus pit 2 much)

around the end is when i finally got back into my mode but I'll try to get a Pit vs Kirby set up today

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
no from below its the WoI platform cancel
from above ur just wing canceling
same thing and works just as well as reg platform cancel from below

Suyon

Smash Lord
Your suppose to platform cancel when you're not even above the platform. Like midway through when jumping through it you dair then.
It may work as lagless but the WoI makes it bit obvious. WoI below stage then above cancel with dair.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Your suppose to platform cancel when you're not even above the platform. Like midway through when jumping through it you dair then.
It may work as lagless but the WoI makes it bit obvious. WoI below stage then above cancel with dair.
thats what i just said :ohwell: from below its lagless as well works just like normal platform cancel and its not really obvious o.o WoI comes out faster than jump anyways so it less transcribiing than normal

i only mentioned the above part as a comparison :p

Suyon

Smash Lord
Oh okay...but I can't WoI when I'm off stage to land on the platform on Smashville.

English is dumb with all these confusing wordings.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Oh okay...but I can't WoI when I'm off stage to land on the platform on Smashville.

English is dumb with all these confusing wordings.
lol i see what ur saying now but thats pretty much the only time ur affected and ive never ever been a situation where that was my only option o.o so ya....and lol where u from?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I am so proud of myself for applying to 10+ jobs yesterday. I've applied to fast food resturants, grocery stores, clothing companies, and that's about it. I'm applying to Gamestop for a temporary job for the Christmas season today.

Where else should I apply to?

Some charities might have student positions. For the most part you should just apply everywhere. Governments also hire student employees.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
so speak ur opinion? what do YOU think it is?
Pit players have not been able to develop solid camping playstyles. The reason behind this is because everytime we play a friendly, we are conditioned to approach, and not camp at all because it is "boring."

If we do attempt to camp and play smart, usually the opposing player does the following: 1) "This is boring, can you please play someone else?"
2) "I don't feel like playing a campy player right now, can you stop and approach?"
3) "Why are you camping? These are friendlies, not tournament!"

Because of the nature of brawl and our conditioned mindsets; camping is VERY hard to practice vs a skilled opponent unless it's tournament.

So...how can we learn to camp?

We have to ignore what people say about us camping, because we HAVE to learn it. Pit is one of the best campers in the game, and no Pit is utilizing his arrow game to it's full potential. Falco's camp like crazy, and it's accepted within their community. In our community, Pit's camp game is...not encouraged. Idk why it's not, but CAMP YOUR ANGELIC BOOTY OFF!!!

Top Bottom