• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Applying for mod only hurts your chances.

Anyways, I plan to play as Pit a lot in friendlies out here once I get back in the scene. Maybe occasionally for fun in tourneys and money matches. Fun character to play as...

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean I never really wanted to be a Mod in the first place but seeing as I'm here alot now (on smashboards) I figured I'd see about being this boards mod...but I guess you just have to wait and see or something

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
It should be common knowledge, and it gets annoying to see.

Anyways, any new AT or techniques or information been around for Pit after Nov 2009 that I should know about?

I have his spacing, older combos, arrow tricks, WoI tricks, and all that down still in my memory.

Hey SuSa ^__^.

Well, there hasn't been to many new developments since that time. But, there is this one video that has pretty good techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUfHguxFdg

I don't know if they're new to you or not, but they were really helpful to me. Especially the fact that Pit can get one jablock.

SuSa

Hey SuSa ^__^.

Well, there hasn't been to many new developments since that time. But, there is this one video that has pretty good techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUfHguxFdg

I don't know if they're new to you or not, but they were really helpful to me. Especially the fact that Pit can get one jablock.
All of this.

ALL OF THIS.

Is old news to me.

Seriously Pit mains, what the **** have you guys been doing since I left? :urg:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Playing Super Theory Bros. Brawl where Pit can win by ledge camping with arrows and Uair.

Only in japan guys :p but I read a couple pages back that you guys are working on making a thread about it to hopefully change everyone's mind.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
All of this.

ALL OF THIS.

Is old news to me.

Seriously Pit mains, what the **** have you guys been doing since I left? :urg:
lol characters arent about AT's most of the pit mains here agree pits need to stop ****ing around with em and learn to play pit himself

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
That depends how lazy people are to learn them and apply them.

Arrow looping is beastly.
WingDashing is great.

Actually most of our old news post are too good but not many apply them. Techniques are dubbed bad without good practice. Thats like 80% lazy 2008 brawl community. Practice any techniques till you get it without fail especially in a match.

SuSa

Arrow looping is highly situational, and mostly just flashy.

Usually you are better doing simple angles, or half arcs. Not full loops. It's often faster to fire a second arrow, rather than loop a first. You always have a better, less flashy, option most of the time. Unless you have enough time to loop the first arrow, while firing the second.

Wingdashing is stupid. WoIC is great. Applying it is wonderful, moving around with it is stupid.

/I can do both no problem, and can even do that arrow rain crap... as flashy as it all is, you almost always have better options

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea My favortie shot now is to shot an arrow up and immediatetlybank if left of right to hit someone I just hit away with an Fsmash/ftilt/bair/fair

I usually only arrow loop If trying to hit someone off stage and I miss but they are still offstage by the tiem the arrow loop completes...so that I can shoot to arrows in close proximity

and only arrow rain in teams...lol that **** takes way to long to set up

SuSa

I actually setup arrow rains after I kill the enemy, just for the lulz. I try to move around while looping the arrows until their invincibility wears off.

That being said, it's a pain in the *** and is hardly ever worth it (anyone ever try arrow looping while dodging/attacking? =| Pain. In. The. ***.)

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
TKO, you loop in the exact situation I always do.

At this point it's habit, really. I'm starting to chase people off stage more, though, so it's not showing up as often.

SuSa

And it's not, because people are focusing more on being flashy with it than being practical.

Uhm... time to do some searching as to what projectiles WoI cancels out (I know theres a thread on it somewhere). I remember making some characters have one hell of a time approaching/defending because I'd just WoIC their projectiles to approach, instead of shielding... haha

/please note all opinions I have are from watching recent footage of people playing... so in by no means is what I say fully backed by me... but until I start seeing/hearing otherwise... :s

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
You should money match me. My arrow looping isn't flashy. Well to some, but its standard for me.

Since I'm fighting this annoying super combo camp tl, I might woi His stuff more.

We already have a list for projectiles, we need some for hit boxes like dash attacks.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Nice to meet you Susa.

Anyways, yeah we haven't really progressed much imo. A lot of the good threads are from 08/09, and not many 2010 threads are important.

We have an updated tournament results thread ^_^ I think it's one of the best on Brawl boards.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think im going to go all pit my next tourney

or atleast in friendlies

and then write down my findings and post here...so ye

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Has any Pit tried Pit in teams w/ a cpu lvl 9 Pit as your partner vs all lvl 9 Pits? I learned a lot from playing a team Pit battle, lol. Pit is so annoying in teams, and Pit is like his top 5 partner IMO <3. When I play Pit in teams, I can see how he is top/high tier.

^^^^^
TRY IT!!!

Sorry for making many threads lately, I'm trying to bring back the life..
You havn't been infracted or had any of them locked, you have no reason to apologise <3. I totally support your efforts and will attempt to assist you in any way I can.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Don't be sad Ayoub ^__^. I'm glad that the Pit boards is finally getting active :D! There could be a months time lapse with no new posts (except in the social discussion thread). I'll definately be looking forward to any of your new posts ^__^.

@Gadiel: I know right XD? Pit is such a beast in teams. It's nice because you can camp and get away with it most of the time. Pit is great for creating openings for your partner to take advantage of, and will especially help if your partner is a heavy-hitter. Pit is just great in teams, no matter who he partners with (in my opinion) ^__^.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys i know this should probably be posted in another thread but can you guys give me some tips on pit vs ness how do i put him in the mirrorshield gimp position? is there a safer way to gimp his up-b? what should i watch out for? how do i space against his fair? can his dair hit b4 our WoI grabs the edge if im planking? does the ground release truly work on him with pit? thx guys muc appreciated and if u have some video as well post a link for me ima beat shaky next tourney i swear it <3 i got really close to doing it last time

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I'm so bad against Ness. xD The only thing I know is you can grabrelease > jab or dtilt.
You can chase him offstage and when he use up-b, you use up-b near his PKthunder, it will disappear. (Pit's up-b makes projectiles disappear, remember). =P

About the dair before WoI, it depends when he uses the dair.
Fair is just annoying just like Ness. xD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It seems it has been a while since I made a post around here. I don't know how much you guys have progressed or what was going on during my absence, but idk what to do at this point. I kinda want to know what's been happening within the last month or 2, besides poor Pit's fall on the tier list, which I knew was gonna happen.
If there are new players around this place, I guess I should meet them, and all of that. I just hope things are a bit better around here compared to the past.

Top Bottom