• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
me and koolaid should be side by side cause we are black brothas from anotha motha, im sure koolaid will be thrilled that theres another black person maining pit.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I just watched the first 3 episodes. And yeah that is some pretty good stuff there. Overall a great anime though the whole boob obsession feels really out of place. That and watching the opening and i was kinda confused about the Rei with what appeared to be some sort of rifle, possibly sniper i didnt really look. Is there really any reason to pick up a sniper rifle to fight zombies?

"Okay i can hop on a tall building and take them out one by one. Im sure i'll have enough bullets. Or i could run around in the street taking a shot like ever few seconds, I'm sure the zombies wont come running to the sound of my giant rifle."

Eitherway im sure im gonna have to finish this anime for sure.

Also based on how these "zombies" react, what would be your weapon of choice?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Spear girl's using it wrong.

She should aim for the eye socket and swirl so it destroys the brain.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too much fanservice for my tastes, but I guess it fits with the horror movie theme.

Personally I'd go with something like a lance or other melee weapon because I've never fired a gun before. Given time, though, I'd learn to shoot one and probably go with some kind of handgun that wouldn't weigh me down. These zombies are slow and seem to react to most attacks regardless of whether or not it actually kills them. A sledgehammer might be good, too, since it could knock them over easily (they seem to have a limited sense of balance) and has enough force to crack a skull if you actually need to take one out.

Guns have another disadvantage with these zombies, as they react primarily to sound. A single bullet fired could attract every zombie within earshot of the blast.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Hi guys! I'm a fan of anime too. I just watched the first 3 episodes of High School of the Dead and I agree with you all! It's one of the best animes I've seen in a while! Although, does anyone know where I can watch full episodes? I don't really like watching YouTubes cut up episodes >__>.

While we're on the Zombie talk: I would use something like Sword Girl has. Although, since the only known way to kill them is by bashing their heads, a blunt Melee weapon would suffice. But it would need to be heavy enough so that landing skull shattering hits would be easier. Probably like a sledgehammer, like Mysterious Silver suggested. But my weapon of choice would be a Sword or something light that wouldn't disturb my speed too much. Although, I wonder if cutting off their heads would also be a good way to kill them. If so, I would look for something sharp.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
If decapitating them doesn't kill them, it'll sure as hell immobilize them.

You'd need something heavy to do that, though. The neck/spine is stubbornly thick. Like a battle axe or something.

Assuming they're science zombies and not magic zombies, a sword could still easily immobilize them, just cut some tendons.

Assuming you don't have anime powers, a wooden sword wouldn't actually do much good for killing them. You'd need a blade or a significant amount of weight.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
xD lets assume everyone has powers :3 and i was gonna say oh yeah animeseason.com has it too and -thinks- i forgot this other one but yeah oh wells :D good luck ITS THE BEST

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I'm surprised the nail gun even worked. I guess it works on the same theory as a gun shot to the head...

Idk if i would want to use a bladed weapon. What if it gets stuck in one of them. Then ur shot. I would probably go with a bat of some sort with like a small but sturdy sk8 board as a secondary weapon + transportation. Why run when you can calmly roll and save energy?

I'm also curious to how "zombies" would act in cold temperatures. Would they freeze? Can they even walk on ice or deep snow?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Zombies are walking dead human veggies...

I guess the nail gun penetrated their brain just enough.
I think they would freeze after sometime but won't feel it and still after frozen.
In the snow... I think they would fall over and start crawling in it.

I guess I'll have to do helmet breaker attacks with the katana logically speaking to disable them.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm my favorite anime in no particular order.

Kenichi (Histories Strongest Disciple)
Ouran Host Club
Yakitate Japan
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
FMA: Brotherhood
Gurren Lagann
K-on

High School of the Dead is pretty good atm. If it stays as good as then probably fav. I need to see how it turns out though.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Off the top of my head:

Record of the Lodoss War
Gurren Lagann
Mushi-shi
Cowboy Beebop
Claymore
Fate Stay/Night

I'm presently enjoying Highschool of the Dead and Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

This is now Kown's Thread 2: Japanimation Discussion

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
oh gosh i dont think i rlly have too much of a favorite -thinks-
Angel Beats
Bakemonogatari
Toradora
Clannad + Clannad Afterstory
Ga-rei Zero
Elfen Lied
Higurashi No naku koro ni
High school of the dead xD
K-on!
Hellsing Ultimate

this isnt couting manga ive only read and not watched but this is also what i can think of on the top of my head like really good anime xD Theres probably more but ive watched so much that i cant think of everything xD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
OMG i totally forgot about spice and wolf :O but i only came across it cuz i was looking for more anime to watch and went hmmmm xD

Top Bottom