• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

link2702

Smash Champion
of coure then there are those of us who really did quit......just saying.....eventually folks will get tired of the ******** kidns of BS that happens in brawl, like the broken eskimos chaingrab, snakes "wtf?" range on his moves, the overall campy nature of the game, everything about metaknight, tripping, the slower pace of the game, everything about metaknight, the less hitstun, everything about metaknight.

most folks will either juts say screw it, or go metaknight eventually, i'm one of the ones who just said forget it, not gonna lie, after the vast amounts of bull**** that i've seen in brawl it finally pushed my patience to the breaking point, i threw in the towel with competitive brawl aruond a year and a half ago.

yes i'm still a pit main, and i try to give advice to anyone who asks for it, and i still try to keep up with the scene....but i honestly don't participate in it anymore.

would i go into melee if i had the chance? yes, but the melee scene in my state is practicly dead, not to mention its like a 2 hour drive away from where i live @_@

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I love the campy-ness and the lower hitstun. I also enjoy fighting at a disadvantage.
Unless it's Olimar. **** Olimar.

WHAT NOW.

Tripping still sucks balls.

Suyon

Smash Lord

link2702

Smash Champion
I myself think the only reason i've put up with the ******** **** tihs game has, is simply because its "smash bros" with online.

yes....a truely watered down, imbalanced as ****, with 2 insanley broken characters(IC and MK, say what you will, but the ic weaknesses, do not seriously make up for them having the most ridiculous and powerful move in the game, one grab=dead, /flameshield ), and a campy, over defensive gameplay smash bros...

but its still "smash bros" with online.....since the smash scene is so far away in my state, online is basilcy for the most part, my "only" way to play decent oppenents. facing the cpus all the time gets old fast....

and after so many years of being pretty much forced to play nothing but the cpus in smash64 and melee, its hard to try to go back to that. T_T its i either go with the better game of melee but be forced to play against nothing but cpus, or i take the ******** campy gay playstyle of brawl, but get to face real oppenents.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I myself think the only reason i've put up with the ******** **** tihs game has, is simply because its "smash bros" with online.

yes....a truely watered down, imbalanced as ****, with 2 insanley broken characters(IC and MK, say what you will, but the ic weaknesses, do not seriously make up for them having the most ridiculous and powerful move in the game, one grab=dead, /flameshield ), and a campy, over defensive gameplay smash bros...

but its still "smash bros" with online.....since the smash scene is so far away in my state, online is basilcy for the most part, my "only" way to play decent oppenents. facing the cpus all the time gets old fast....

and after so many years of being pretty much forced to play nothing but the cpus in smash64 and melee, its hard to try to go back to that. T_T its i either go with the better game of melee but be forced to play against nothing but cpus, or i take the ******** campy gay playstyle of brawl, but get to face real oppenents.
Melee very imbalanced too.

link2702

Smash Champion
Melee very imbalanced too.
even if its stilll imbalanced, its not as retardeldy imbalanced as brawl is or at least IMO it isn't.

but if nothing else....at the VERY least, melee is more interesting/exciting at much higher levels of play, there aren't really many timeouts, and no "planking" or just playing really "gay" to win.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
even if its stilll imbalanced, its not as retardeldy imbalanced as brawl is or at least IMO it isn't.

but if nothing else....at the VERY least, melee is more interesting/exciting at much higher levels of play, there aren't really many timeouts, and no "planking" or just playing really "gay" to win.
People arn't gay enough with fox, its entirely possible in melee, they just don't camp hard enough.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Difference between the 2, Fox is the fastest character(movement wise) in melee, Pit is far from that in brawl, infact the fastest character movement wise is the best character and most common character in the metagame and a hard matchup for Pit.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Difference between the 2, Fox is the fastest character(movement wise) in melee, Pit is far from that in brawl, infact the fastest character movement wise is the best character and most common character in the metagame and a hard matchup for Pit.
True dat. Pits better represent @ Apex! I don't want to hear stories about Pit getting wrecked by MKs @ Apex. If you need help w/ the matchup, PM me!

Smoom77

Smash Master

No rage quitting please!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
How much actual experience do you have in fighting MK in a tournament setting?
If MMs don't count, then none since I switched to Pit for MK after realizing how bad the matchup was for my other characters.. If MMs do count then I played Judge and got wrecked. Also, I played M2K in friendlies, and that's the only high-level MK experience I have. Most of my knowledge comes from studying MK's frame data vs Pits, watching random Pits vs MKs and Masashi vs MKs, playing MKs on ladder(doesn't really count), and playing one of my friends who mains MK. I know I'm not the most "credible" Pit out there, but I don't see anyone else putting in the effort to learn this matchup. The style I have vs MK seems to work well, but your right about testing it in a tournament setting.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If MMs don't count, then none since I switched to Pit for MK after realizing how bad the matchup was for my other characters.. If MMs do count then I played Judge and got wrecked. Also, I played M2K in friendlies, and that's the only high-level MK experience I have. Most of my knowledge comes from studying MK's frame data vs Pits, watching random Pits vs MKs and Masashi vs MKs, playing MKs on ladder(doesn't really count), and playing one of my friends who mains MK. I know I'm not the most "credible" Pit out there, but I don't see anyone else putting in the effort to learn this matchup. The style I have vs MK seems to work well, but your right about testing it in a tournament setting.
I feel like I know the matchup as MK.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I was looking at the Wing of Revealing Light video, and it got me wondering. Are there any other videos like this (AT Montages) on youtube that i should post in the guide, since someone did ask about them earlier.

I threw on Undrdog stuff.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Things I noticed but you probably already known about pit
1.slow and laggy moves that take time to come out
2.trouble killing
3.DI'able fsmash
4.arrows don't really work too well against people that can powershield
5.Metaknight and Marth.....
5.Working around this is hard....

WAT DO?

D

Deleted member

I'm picking up Pit as an alt for my bad matchups(D3, Pikachu, Sheik), so just thought I'd drop in here and say hello.

link2702

Smash Champion
wai elo der

welcome to the board of the pit mains, da players who main the character that just seems to be stuck in the almost but not good enough tier.

due to broken masked bats of hell, lack of reps, and just a few tiny faults....it seems our character will juts never make it higher up on the tier list, least as of right now T.T

Suyon

Smash Lord
Yeah go best pit in Midwest whoooooooo. Wish I could do stuff with pit. And playing pit for those reasons are just lol to me.
Pit is not awesome. Against the higher ups I have to abide their rules instead of me wanting what I do. Yeaaaaay.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282811

I believe this is highly unfortunate for us. It's the stages that worries me. We need to think a bit more about this, including their new stages, which most of the new ones are a threat to Pit *points at Mansion stage*
Even though there is no more ledge grab limit, the fact that lame MK can use it too can hurt us as well.

Suyon

Smash Lord
All I can say is that Pit is more at a disadvantage thanks to all of those stages. The problem is that you ban one stage but you will be taken to another stage that benefits your opponents likes. So that person will always have 2 advantage stages. Still in my view Pit has no advantage stage at all. It's the stage you like.

For Luigi's Mansion all I have to say is use ultilt and uair.....magically. Since I use those moves a lot in that stage...for some odd reason. Green Greens is just Green Greens. and yeah....all i can say is that Port Town Aero Dive may only be the good stage for pure luck and recovery deficient.

Well there goes timing people out....poor sonic....well....I never had a problem with LGL. Just abuse it and finish the match before it ends. But regardless. MK will destroy you w/e you do.

Side Note: Persona 3 FES is just making my life go crazy now.....

Top Bottom