• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I doubt I know about that tournament. I'll be trying to attend my first tourney WABA games in GA.

I have a friend that can beat Biglou and Kismet, (Snake , falco, luigi). I think I am used to those matchups well enough to win usually on friendlies. Raiku lucario, I'm curious about, so I'm not sure. Just outcamp his camp and careful his range. Other than that, my friend tested his way weaker pit and told me that they (common smashers) still didn't know pit can loop arrows. He also made people complain that they couldn't do anything to pit. So maybe my chance as a pit main may turn out for the better.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I've been getting really frustrated with Pit lately... namely how uber-gay I have to play with him to win certain matchups (Olimar, Falco). Then I have to worry about ledge-grab rules implemented to limit MK. Pit doesn't need any more freakin' limitations in those matchups.

I've been considering switching to Luigi or something, but I think I'll just keep trying with Pit for now. Anyone have any tips on fighting those two without hanging on the ledge?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Falco has never really given me trouble. Just remember, don't shoot your arrows in a straight line at him. If you just jump and shoot, then it doesn't matter whether he reflects it or not because he won't hit you. Thus you can shoot as many arrows as you want if that is what is keeping him at bay. You probably won't be able to spam arrows against a good Falco though lol.

Other than that, getting Falco offstage and pegging him with arrows works wonders. if you just hit him before he side-B's then you can land arrow after arrows until he can no longer make it back. Plus remember you have Mirror Shield if he up-B's

Falco can be chaingrabbed a fair bit as well. Just remember to either get close and stop the lazers or reflect them. You cant let him control the field with lazers!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yo, so I heard Pit's meta sucks 'cause no one pushes the limit with him.

I got tired of it and so I'm going to pick up Pit and beat people at tournaments.

Came by to say hi.

:034:

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Pit is too hard core for me. My pet peeves are his grab ranges miss compared to me doing a fully spaced f-tilt and then he still gets grabbed.

Just challenge meta's d-air with your side u-air it usually works. I usually treat the guy like luigi, except he dies sooner.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Yeah, the ledgegrab rule only works if the match times out.

Pit's Uair also goes through GaW's Dair if you use the side bits but because they can move while using it it's unlikely you'll hit them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As much as I hate to restart, we must, for not only do we need to REFRESH the data just in case new stuff have been discovered for others, but we will need more helps involved with their thoughts. I wouldnt go straight to the top or worst matchups, rather do it in a random fashion. However, I want to hear the other opinions first so we can actually get started and hopefully finish. If this don't work out, I still have my other plan in motion already.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
We also need things like accurate frame data.
But yeah I think restarting the thread would be a good idea. Maybe start at the bottom of the tier list and work our way up?

Restarting the thread is an excellent idea IMO

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Most would strive towards 55:45 Pit with the CGs, ability to gimp him kinda well (by Pit standards), and our main problem with him is his power and range, with some okay mobility for a heavyweight, allowing him to catch up to us, but alas, we got it covered. Just keep an eye on what stage to use, too, which includes avoiding Japes.

Coffee™

I need it....
Man... you guys are so conservative. Pit ***** DK pretty badly. He CGs + Fsmashes him to 61%, can kill him at about 130 with Bair which is ridiculously easy to land on his large frame and shield pokes easily since he has a horrible shield which is easily reduced by Pit's multiple hit everything. Bair also trades alot with his attacks, so killing him isn't really an issue.

Pit also gimps him pretty well or at least secures damage every time DK needs to recover. He also gets camped really hard and his approaches suck vs Pit while he doesn't do well vs Pit's own approaches besides timing his upward angled Ftilt to hit Pit out of the air and the occasional well timed Bair.

Admiral, Pit also ***** DK harder on japes. It's a good stage in general for him but not in the matchup. He get's camped to hell and back and the ledges also help Pit more than DK. DK doesn't kill upwards as early and Pit can still get easy kills off the side assuming you aren't hitting DK to the other side of the screen. Also shooting DK in the water is really easy here for more quick kills.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yup, its one of those Pit matchups where Pit destroys the other character, not really destroys, but a solid advantage definitely. You can small step chaingrab from 0 til like 30 then start a dash grab til like 50 iirc into fsmash I think. Matchup is probably 6:4 in Pit's favor, DK still outranges and kills much earlier with much more ease.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It would be best if you fought a good DK before the exaggerating input, or at least test this with someone (not training mode due to all attacks being fresh), and I can assure you we could CG to around 40, then probably the stutterstep Fsmash (or maybe 1 less F-throw before getting to 40), but you need to consider if the DK tries to DI away at the time. In fact, I don't think anyone EVER considers if the opponent tries to DI outta something to resist what we could do to an opponent, or even the other way around.

And back to DK, I want some recent vids of the matchup or something else to show a bit of a visual view on the matchup, and not just typing to support our cause. As much as I want to believe this, some tend to underestimate the character and other ones.
Now, if you want to round it between 2 ratios, then we can do that. And for example, I'd put the ratio to 55-45 Pit to 60-40 Pit just to please some of you.

And as a notice, I want that Stage CP/Ban thing updated!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It would be best if you fought a good DK before the exaggerating input, or at least test this with someone (not training mode due to all attacks being fresh), and I can assure you we could CG to around 40, then probably the stutterstep Fsmash (or maybe 1 less F-throw before getting to 40), but you need to consider if the DK tries to DI away at the time. In fact, I don't think anyone EVER considers if the opponent tries to DI outta something to resist what we could do to an opponent, or even the other way around.
First off I would have to agree with R@yven and the others that Pit>DK, for the reasons said in posts above me. Arrows, and mirror shield will destroy DK's 1 dementional recovery; he has 0 ranged attacks or shields to prevent you from camping him; and if we were to say this fight takes place on Japes as stated above all you need to do is get some damage on his head (not to hard if you can get a grab off) then stand at the platform to the far left, spam your arrows until he is forced to get close to you, and either attack or throw him off the ledge to the left. At this point DK can only use his jump and terrible recovery to to back to the stage both of those can be beaten by arrows or a mirror shield sending him right into the water for the kill.

It is also a bad idea to asume that these players have only played against bad DK's, or in training mode. Many of them have played decent to good players and noone (unless I miss read) said anything about this only working in training mode infact the topic of Pit being able to CG DK into the 60% range is not a new one, it has been tested by alot of people with skilled players as the Pit and DK durring the tests. To asume that all these tests are wrong because you yourself can not replicate it is a very bad way to go about things. As for people not ever considering DI in a CG, DI is the very first thing anyone tries or thinks of when a new CG is brought up, an is also the first thing any player will try in a real game, so to asume that for this one time everyone has forgotten about this for months is HIGHLY unlikely.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I already know Pit > DK, but we have been arguing about 55:45 and 60:40, where I am on the 55:45 side atm. I mean I'm standing at 55:45 now because of some of the DKs (Darknid not included), mostly Ripple and all.
I mean, I just don't want to be biased, and want to look at inputs from both sides, and where some ppl , like myself, would want to promote their main, I do want to look at some of the input and stuff, not just from 1 of the sides. It's so I can try to be kinda fair.

Coffee™

I need it....
I think its 65:35. I think Bowser does significantly better than DK vs Pit and most people consider that 60:40ish.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Since I use both Pit and Bowser, The major difference between CGing DK and Bowser is that Bowser does have a chance to escape it with his Up-B if we CG him too slow in addition to the DI, or if we miss him, and DK is more vulnerable. I haven't really CG'd Bowser after 2 grabs recently (except against a noobish one, but that don't count) and when (IF) they do Up-B, I wait, then attack again.
There's much more to it than that, but that's all O can say atm. In fact, I may slowly start saying Bowser's tougher than DK against Pit.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I can't/wont speak for R@vyn stepping down from moding, however to explain for myself being less active or not posting very much at all I guess that is something I could do. I have mostly been moding the South west fourms (where i live ;O) and have kept my mod status here. But have been less active, as stated, because of me having a broken wii, and the in ability to run/attend smash events the past several months. I still continue to vist both the Pit boards and the SW boards several times a day, but because of my lack of playing smash thought it was best to stay out of the topics, as I would have nothing to add to them until I was able to play again. I still visit and read everything that is being posted, but have left the core mod job to him as he would have a better understanding of everything being said then myself. I have still stayed on board more or less as his helper and tried to mod where things were not so much in the gray area of the topics and stuff that was plain and simple against the rules. Lucky for me that doesn't happen to often with you guys so I have really needed to do much. I am hoping to get my wii fixxed up in the next few weeks or so. And am willing to step up to a more active roll as R@vyn is stepping down for the time, or until someone/thing fills his place.

Coffee™

I need it....
@ Afro. I asked to be demodded. To put it shortly it's simply a taxing job for me and I'd rather not partake in it at the moment. I'm not sure whether I will mod these boards again but it's in consideration. Also CorruptFate has more or less explained himself so I don't have to speak for him but you can be assured the boards will be managed just fine with him around.

<3 CF :)

Top Bottom