• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anyways, aside from them Pivot arrows, I wonder how many put that F-throw to Stutterstep Fsmash to good use. Of course, we can do more than 1 F-throw on some characters (like Snake, D3, Bowser, and obviously DK) before doing the Fsmash.
Though Olimar, Jiggs, Wario, and Kirby could escape it (Marth still has my puzzled), from my experience (inb4wifibashers), maybe an F-throw to Usmash could work, or at least it did to Olimar from when I tried it.
We may not be able to use it much due to particular tactics by the other player to the point where we just damage them, but it could be useful to know such stuff, so that whenever we get that opportunity, we should make use of it unless you got a better plan.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I guess you mean glidetoss. Uhm, get a item. Roll, and right when the roll started, cstick to the left, right, up, or down. Rolling backwards makes you glide backwards. And rolling forwards makes you glide forwards. Anyway, practice it in training mode with a banana or something. =P

Sweet that helps A LOT. I was getting it down pretty easily. Now I just need some good ol general practice (going to a team tourney the 16th) hopefully if I do well in that one, I'll have more confidence in the other.

Gotta bring pit up to a new level.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Agh my friend told me that tournament day was the last saturday of each month, then called again after tournament finished which was actually the 3rd.

Was it a lie because my friends sucky pit compared to mine dominated them? WABA games
Big lou, Rayku, Skatz, kismet, occasional reflex..

Called off next saturday to help you guys out.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Sweet that helps A LOT. I was getting it down pretty easily. Now I just need some good ol general practice (going to a team tourney the 16th) hopefully if I do well in that one, I'll have more confidence in the other.

Gotta bring pit up to a new level.
Ur welcome, it's not really hard, so yeah. xD
Good luck with that!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anyways.... when I played some random doubles recently, my partner, Tesh, happened to use PT, and that really reminds me of something; I don't think we have ever discussed that character before. It would seem hard to discuss em since he's definitely not common, so most of us don't have a lot of PT experience, we don't know many good PT players that would be willing to help out, and it's pretty much 3 chars in 1, making it harder to discuss.
So what do you all think bout the pokemon trio?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I speak of more detailed stuff, not your typical 1-lined or short descriptions. I may eventually want a PT thread up eventually. We do need to discuss everyone anyways.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's the spirit, Vex! Add that with some matchup experience, and that will polish that Pit in no time! I will help the best I can.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
What made vex stop...

As far as I know, Squirtle is amazingly fast and hitting him with fair is not so easy. We need a set plan about these short characters. Anyways squirtle has to approach pit regardless because we out range him.
A>A>A infinite can bait a jump and we can punish with a surprise aerial. Spacing with Dair's can kill him pretty good. D tilt helps alot too. I don't know if his meta game improved any though. Jab 2 cancels works good on him, favorite is j>j> d tilt.

My Ivysaur was better than any I've played, and ivysaur can be like snake but with damage racking not kill. Don't roll. Easily sent into his Nuetral b. The first hit that drags you in can be SDI'd out if you do it fast enough. Ivysaur is floatier than squirtle so he is easier to fight in the air and punish his landing.

Charizard, just watch out for his grab range, I haven't fought a good charizard.

B_J_

Smash Cadet
I speak of more detailed stuff, not your typical 1-lined or short descriptions. I may eventually want a PT thread up eventually. We do need to discuss everyone anyways.
pokemon suck too hard to care about that weak *** match up k?

Picking up Pit again and this time sticking with him, I'll learn more then just super camping this time.
BOWSER OR GET THE **** OUT

btw im best pit in the ****in world. anyone who disagrees can suck my arrow

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
yeah, that would be good. Like you are hit by his tornado, I know to DI up but move to use to punish it while in it.
Japanese videos usually do full hops when meta tornados.

Every meta I played...., played so defensively against that I'm not sure what to do against an aggressive one.
Plus alot of people don't like meta to play with him around here to get some experience.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Hey it me again, Brawl is more or less, alive again in my region, so i can offically say that im returning from retirement after 1 year (questionable) of inactivity. Im also interested in pit's metagame since then.... guess i got alot of reading to do.

B_J_

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZhWwFF7f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3nuRY2N7k

Game 1 wasnt saved, it was mk vs ics, I lost

Theres no ledge grab limit at this tournament.
lolgay.

PT still blows regardless, doesn't matter if you can **** random Wario's.
Pt blows almost as much cawk as my main
Sorry if it sounds elitist :/

Rediscussing MK could always be a good thing.
mk cant handle blue arrows of doom

/discussion

ahah... still working on it. But you need to read up on tech skills. Improved meta game of other characters. Etc.
only top queers require any tech skill at all.

inb4fateinfractsforpostsinagod****edsocialthreadcuzhemad.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Welcome to Pit, PMIRL. I'll be glad to help you out with most Pit stuff, if possible.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Yay more people. Yeah I was wrong with PT, I can't touch my friends falco enough with PT.

Like I posted in the Official MK discussion, most people play with him, there fore his obvious meta game is so improved.

Now diddy, adding new advance techniques.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure Vex's placings with Pit has contributed to it. Great job everyone!

I feel very bad for Zelda, though. I mean look at her D=

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pretty sure you mean Koolaid, not me, I'm garbage.
Don't give up Pit Vex! I was watching your matches on live stream & I was rooting for you the whole way! You should have played gayyer vs the ICs like you did @ your last tournament. You also used some tactics I've never seen before like the Wing Refresh to rise to the top of the screen, then glide to air camp. It was awesome! Who did you beat in MM/tournament?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
ICs are stupid anyways. All I saw was him winning the Delfino match then the thing went off-air so i never saw the match after. Speaking of which, where did you place outta however many?
And this would be my 2000th post

Top Bottom