• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Even so, we have to be more open-minded and be aware of pretty much anything, which includes expecting the unexpected. That's also why we also gotta look at the underrated chars or other chars we have an advantage against, so we don't get caught off guard by something we may not know about.
And plus everyone makes mistakes, so it may happen.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys, help us out on this whole planking/MK thing.

We're currently testing if planking and/or MK is broken. The hypotheses are here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263096

If you want planking banned, provide evidence on how characters can't stop your ledge-camping.

If you want MK banned, provide evidence on how characters can stop your ledge-camping.

If you want neither banned, prove characters can stop ledge-camping.

Those are your motivations :D

Thanks.

Esca

Smash Champion
MK is not broken to the point of where he should be bannable. He's a good character, but he's not unbeatable. I think the Smash scene has a hard time admiting that he's not broken, as the smash scene (Brawl at least) involves a much more (on average) young crowd than ANY other competitive fighting game ever. If you want to see broken, partake in real fighting games. There are plenty of other fighting games with characters far better in comparison than MK.

And Admiral Pit, you just listed general information, the same stuff as always. "We need to expect the unexpected and watch out for underrated characters." Isn't this stuff obvious? It's just filling the boards with random, unnecessary clutter. It's obvious that you can't CG Bowser more than twice, because you play online, and computer Bowser's aren't situationally aware.

Also, I'm teaming with Inui @ Hobo next weekend. We'll see how things go. I've been playing WoW lately out of boredom. also considering IDC about Smash anymore.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&cn=Cuteminion

Get at me?

EDIT: Also, here's some footage of Me and Takeurlife2 (Marth) on the way to our last tournament. You'll see why it's so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtzmVqBWoQ

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Apparently some ppl don't understand certain things and some things may have to be repeated, especially when new players come about with their questions. It's not like we haven't repeated something before, like matchup discussions, even though we have to once in a while (say like in half a year or around there) in order to keep updated just in case either us or the other character finds something new that can be effective.
In addition, some ppl need to know how to adapt more, and sometimes break habits that are hazardous to ourselves. And in fact, idc bout this stupid wifi bashing anymore. As much as pretty much everyone prefers their little offline over online (I understand that), Wifi's all i got, I said it over a hundred times (literally), and even with such handicap, I still have been determined to help out, even if it is only by a little bit, and I already said I've been doing such a thing for over a year, and I have been proud with all of the thanks I was given by others.

In other news, we are just a little bit over a month away from Brawl's 2-year anniversary ... well, in the U.S. that is.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
That right, admiral has been helping out more most others. He doesn't bash anyone ideas but has given suggestive responses. If it is garuanteed then we should try, wary of your control.

I need suggestions on the added frame data.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And before someone gives the stupid answer "You don't go to tourneys," I dont care! Just because I dont (actually Can't) go to one doesn't that I should be discriminated against for being online only. That goes for some of the others, especially those with some potential. Besides, we must have some collaborative thinking in due time.

Coffee™

I need it....
There are too much matchup threads.....

Lol @ Esca, that musta sucked so bad man.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Okay well I'm gonna stop posting any help to strats now on both AiB and Smashboards. You guy's have been unappreciative. This announcement isn't anything that I'd make a thread for. I was working on sorting through replays from tournaments and posting them, but I'm scrapping that idea now. Every topic that's worth opening shortly gets closed because it becomes some e-peen contest and off topic. Keep that mentality up and your metagame will never improve. I'm off to TP4, then R4 will likely be my next big tournament after that.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Okay well I'm gonna stop posting any help to strats now on both AiB and Smashboards. You guy's have been unappreciative. This announcement isn't anything that I'd make a thread for. I was working on sorting through replays from tournaments and posting them, but I'm scrapping that idea now. Every topic that's worth opening shortly gets closed because it becomes some e-peen contest and off topic. Keep that mentality up and your metagame will never improve. I'm off to TP4, then R4 will likely be my next big tournament after that.
just post on the matchup threads not this social BS. hence me referencing you on the Falco one

B_J_

Smash Cadet
That right, admiral has been helping out more most others. He doesn't bash anyone ideas but has given suggestive responses. If it is garuanteed then we should try, wary of your control.

I need suggestions on the added frame data.
i heard colonel pit is an ******* though :/ being good at smash doesnt make up for being a narcissistic schizophrenic... jus sayin \o_O/

And before someone gives the stupid answer "You don't go to tourneys," I dont care! Just because I dont (actually Can't) go to one doesn't that I should be discriminated against for being online only. That goes for some of the others, especially those with some potential. Besides, we must have some collaborative thinking in due time.
you dont go to tourneys, and for that reason you sucks. i am the best pit on earth because i go to tourneys and beat the best players

also, all these avis are pretty gay ): always the pitmains

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let me first just bash B_J who is most likely Gangstakirby from AIB, who recently got banned on AIB by Cheese according to certain info I picked up... amateur... He's not ready yet at all, nor does he use Pit, for those who were curious -_-

Okay, as for the Pit thing, fragbait, there probably isn't much, though I want opinions on "pivot arrows" or whatever you call em. It's pretty much a B-reversal with arrowing, so you won't have to suffer from Pit's "turn around while arrowing" lag. You can dash away from an opponent, then use it quickly, though you'll move a bit forward when dashing.
I pretty much see this quite a bit with the Japanese Pits, and seems to be a really good defensive tool. I wonder if we can use it pretty well to improve our spacing, or at least defense, a bit. What do you other guys think?

Coffee™

I need it....
Okay, as for the Pit thing, fragbait, there probably isn't much, though I want opinions on "pivot arrows" or whatever you call em. It's pretty much a B-reversal with arrowing, so you won't have to suffer from Pit's "turn around while arrowing" lag. You can dash away from an opponent, then use it quickly, though you'll move a bit forward when dashing.
I pretty much see this quite a bit with the Japanese Pits, and seems to be a really good defensive tool. I wonder if we can use it pretty well to improve our spacing, or at least defense, a bit. What do you other guys think?
It's really good.

fragbait

Smash Master
Let me first just bash B_J who is most likely Gangstakirby from AIB, who recently got banned on AIB by Cheese according to certain info I picked up... amateur... He's not ready yet at all, nor does he use Pit, for those who were curious -_-

Yeah, I noticed he has Fox as his character on here. I'll still MM him anyday xD

I've been doing Pivot Arrows for a bit now, it reduces lag enough that it's worth using, however, only sparingly. If you are on the run you are already in trouble xD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That reminds me, again with the "Pivot Arrows," Pitzer kinda mentioned that we should try doing that more against Marth, and though I am not sure bout this, we will eventually have to see what this can do against him. He also says that we should let him recover and kill him on stage due to his pretty good ledge game (I think). Regardless, we will to see we can do.
Now that I mention it, I want to know how useful the "Dashing away to Pivot arrow" this is against other characters. For now, let's see how effective against different types of Marth, since Pitzer did message me yesterday about that particular matchup.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, a Pit main here.

Hmm, first off don't bash Sage? What is that, well it's best to ignore that stuff(at sage). He was one of the first good decent pits. -.-; blah.

Anyways I Won a tournament once, but it wasnt anything big . there were like 17-19 ppl tho.

Another one was at a convention, didn't win it.. lost due to timeer -.-; it was like 3 mins or something. (first tourney back then i was noob, i got timed out what is that stuff? lol freaking metaknight) made it through the first round of pools? (think thats how it is)

PS: Need some help as a Pit Player, I learn as I go. That ain't going to work since I'm going to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9492879#post9492879

i got the simple things like wing refresh, pivot arrow, wave dash. All that stuff down.

how the heck do we throw items so far(sliding with it and stuff, moving into A smash)? Also some terms like planking.. scrooging? what does that all mean, (I only know planking) I know I sound nooby cause i don't know that stuff.. but I'm decent I'm decent if I could train with anyone online that would be great too.

Looked through MU's and Stages. Yoshi Island (and possibly battlefield) work hard against pit. Pretty noticeable..platforms just saying (so ppl take me seriously -.- lol) then again can be better for like chain grabbers, and falco laszorzzzzz

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Hey all, a Pit main here.

Hmm, first off don't bash Sage? What is that, well it's best to ignore that stuff(at sage). He was one of the first good decent pits. -.-; blah.

Anyways I Won a tournament once, but it wasnt anything big . there were like 17-19 ppl tho.

Another one was at a convention, didn't win it.. lost due to timeer -.-; it was like 3 mins or something. (first tourney back then i was noob, i got timed out what is that stuff? lol freaking metaknight) made it through the first round of pools? (think thats how it is)

PS: Need some help as a Pit Player, I learn as I go. That ain't going to work since I'm going to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9492879#post9492879

i got the simple things like wing refresh, pivot arrow, wave dash. All that stuff down.

how the heck do we throw items so far(sliding with it and stuff, moving into A smash)? Also some terms like planking.. scrooging? what does that all mean, (I only know planking) I know I sound nooby cause i don't know that stuff.. but I'm decent I'm decent if I could train with anyone online that would be great too.

Looked through MU's and Stages. Yoshi Island (and possibly battlefield) work hard against pit. Pretty noticeable..platforms just saying (so ppl take me seriously -.- lol) then again can be better for like chain grabbers, and falco laszorzzzzz

I guess you mean glidetoss. Uhm, get a item. Roll, and right when the roll started, cstick to the left, right, up, or down. Rolling backwards makes you glide backwards. And rolling forwards makes you glide forwards. Anyway, practice it in training mode with a banana or something. =P

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This thing here really disgusts me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjTF5bEEYXo&feature=player_embedded

Look at Japan, randomly finding new stuff for other characters. Come on, Diddy's already good! We need to find new stuff for our angel! But what can we do?
We need to try different combinations with each of our moves and see if we can do something new. It hurts for the fact that we haven't discovered new stuff.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't look in that place at all. But thanks in advance. We gotta find find out some more stuff that will be to Pit's benefits. There has to be something new for Pit; that can't be it for him, can it...?
I wonder if Japan will find stuff for Pit. He is like top tier there after all.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I really don't look in that place at all. But thanks in advance. We gotta find find out some more stuff that will be to Pit's benefits. There has to be something new for Pit; that can't be it for him, can it...?
I wonder if Japan will find stuff for Pit. He is like top tier there after all.
He's top tier there because Pit's basic tools are amazing. Pit doesn't need an AT to compete here, he needs smarter players, which apparently I'm not one of them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, Japan also plays different, such as having much less stages to choose from, and slightly different rules, but yea. We do need a lot more of smarter players, not to mention more of em, too, or at least smart ones first.
You did play really well, so don't degrade yourself so much. All you needed was some matchup experiences, which takes time and practice.

And congrats on your 2000th post.

Stryks

Smash Hero
That is the worst pun I've ever heard

B_J_

Smash Cadet

That reminds me, again with the "Pivot Arrows," Pitzer kinda mentioned that we should try doing that more against Marth, and though I am not sure bout this, we will eventually have to see what this can do against him. He also says that we should let him recover and kill him on stage due to his pretty good ledge game (I think). Regardless, we will to see we can do.
Now that I mention it, I want to know how useful the "Dashing away to Pivot arrow" this is against other characters. For now, let's see how effective against different types of Marth, since Pitzer did message me yesterday about that particular matchup.

colonel your the one who isnt ready yet if you dont already know about b reversals and lagless arrows spinning (thats its original name) until just recently

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
BJ isn't Gangstakirby, I can vouch for that. I know both of them.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
So how can I become smart at this game? Vex, I have been DYING for you to tell me what you have learned w/ Pit, what you mean by basic tools, and how you play smart w/ Pit. Maybe some won't listen to you, but I will, and I'm sure a few others will as well. Just spill the beans!

Top Bottom