• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Against Olimar, ALWAYS pick Frigate. Force him on the right side, or go Japes and throw him in the water.
Yeah, I agree with this. Frigate ***** Olimar and if you play it right, so does Japes.

I don't think Rainbow Cruise is a great stage choice against Olimar. He can kill you ridiculously early at the top portion while we have few vertical killing options.

Coffee™

I need it....
Yeah, I agree with this. Frigate ***** Olimar and if you play it right, so does Japes.

I don't think Rainbow Cruise is a great stage choice against Olimar. He can kill you ridiculously early at the top portion while we have few vertical killing options.
Olimar should honestly never hit you with Usmash on this stage if you play it correctly. Most of your kills here will probably come from gimps and Uair.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Olimar should honestly never hit you with Usmash on this stage if you play it correctly. Most of your kills here will probably come from gimps and Uair.
I agree with this, but I will say one thing: U-throw

Very effective killing medium compared to our sub-par ones. Get grabbed with a purple and say goodbye.

Also, I'm not saying RC is a bad stage choice against Olimar, but Frigate amd Japes are probably better. I mean, just stepping off the stage at Frigate is tempting death as Olimar.

Coffee™

I need it....
Japes is the best place to take Olimar but most reigons don't allow that stage. Idk about Frigate. I think its easier to take advantage on Olimar's weaknesses on RC than it is on Frigate.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Well the great thing about Frigate is on the one side his tether is completely useless. RC isn't bad, but I feel Frigate is just generally a great place to take anyone with a tether recovery.

cp2

Smash Rookie
When frigate is on it's one-edge form, yes, its good against olimar, but the other, i think it isn,t; he puts in the centre, with a platform protecting him from attacks above him and ****** everyone who tries to aproach in other ways; and the sides platforms can save him quite easily...

I think I would take olimar to delfino better than frigate, he hates water, and in the main platform you can aproach and camp under it... also because here, cruise and japes aren't allowed as counterpicks

Afropony

Smash Lord
As of next year my tournament stage list is going to be:

Starter
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks
Halberd
Yoshi's Island
Lylat

How boring.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, considering how YI is now a forced CP, it wont be the first stage, but it will be annoying, though stage-wise, as long as u get rid of YI, Pit should have more stage advantages, though the selection is so boring T_T

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol I found a pit combo today

Dair -> footstool -> up b -> fair (or weak bair) -> whatever u want

it actually works XD does like 45% (starting at 0 is the only time this will work basically) if you use fsmash

Damien = God

Smash Cadet
Okay. So I just found out about a tournament in my area. Going, for sure. It is 10 days away. I'm going to intense train with one of two characters, Pit or Marth. Pit is my main now. I'm amazing with him, and on top of that, he is great fun to use. But I've been trying to get better with Marth and am getting there. He seems, overall a better character.

Kind of in a dilemma. No biggy. I just don't want to mess up my chances at this.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Giving a shoutout to tell the angels that I am still alive. I forgot to mention that Vex, the Best Bowser in the world, from PA (like where Rogue is), now mains Pit, for those who didn't know.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
WTF? Texas PR is full of Meta.
Not in Xyro's world <3 Anti meta

Giving a shoutout to tell the angels that I am still alive. I forgot to mention that Vex, the Best Bowser in the world, from PA (like where Rogue is), now mains Pit, for those who didn't know.
Oh sounds neat, but why leave the title for best bowser to main pit?

What is it about ex-Bowsers that attracts them to Pit, exactly?
What is it about Ex-Pit's that attracts them to Marth?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Stop lying, he said he mains Pit and seconds Bowser. I pretty much hate projectile spammers, so... yea, and I aint picking that Tiara-wearing character to replace Pit, for I am standing true to Pit, with no top tiers. That's the problem with many ppl, they switch from lower tier to higher tier, and some that drop high tiers still use another high tier, where those chances are rare to see.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Stop lying, he said he mains Pit and seconds Bowser. I pretty much hate projectile spammers, so... yea, and I aint picking that Tiara-wearing character to replace Pit, for I am standing true to Pit, with no top tiers. That's the problem with many ppl, they switch from lower tier to higher tier, and some that drop high tiers still use another high tier, where those chances are rare to see.
Why do you care so much if someone switches mains? Personally, I think it makes us remaining Pit's look even more ******.

Edit: 400th post

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hate seeing ppl resort to the top tiers, not just from Pit players only. I still remember how Pure Deva from WA was, sticking with Link for quite a while. We need more ppl who stay true to their chars, no matter how bad they are. Too many ppl are going to Snake or MK which really is annoying at times. It makes me think the game isn't having much variety with like 8 characters seen around often.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I mean I'm only going Marth because he's from a game I actually enjoyed. XD Pit was there because I was good with him for a while, but when I just got tired of the matchup problems I slowly started using Marth more.
Who knows, maybe after I become a good player I'll go back to Pit. <.< winning with a Pit is alot rarer than a high tier. Unless you're in Japan. lol

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I hate seeing ppl resort to the top tiers, not just from Pit players only. I still remember how Pure Deva from WA was, sticking with Link for quite a while. We need more ppl who stay true to their chars, no matter how bad they are. Too many ppl are going to Snake or MK which really is annoying at times. It makes me think the game isn't having much variety with like 8 characters seen around often.
I guess I understand that to some extent. I just really don't give a **** what other people do, personally.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I just wish we had an awesome community like WEEGEE's or SAWNIK's. We need people for that.

For God's sake I don't think our matchups have ever been finished.

Coffee™

I need it....
For God's sake I don't think our matchups have ever been finished.
Meta Knight: 40:60
Snake: 40:60
Wario: 50:50
Falco: 50:50
Diddy Kong: 60:40
King Dedede 55:45

Marth: 50:50
Mr. Game & Watch: 60:40
Pikachu: 60:40
Olimar: 45:55
Ice Climbers: 50:50
R.O.B.: 50:50
Kirby: 55:45

Lucario: 50:50
Zero Suit Samus: 60:40
Toon Link: 50:50
Pit - duh
Donkey Kong: 65:35

Peach: 60:40
Luigi: 60: 40
Fox: 55:45
Wolf: 60:40
Sonic: 55:45
Sheik: 60:40

Bowser: 60:40
Zelda: 60:40
Pokémon Trainer: 60:40
Ike: 65:35

Lucas: 60:40
Mario: 60:40
Ness: 60:40
Yoshi: 60:40
Samus: 60:40

Jigglypuff: 60:40
Captain Falcon: 65:35
Link: 65:35
Ganondorf: 70:30

done...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Most of those matchup ratios are biased, first clues was when I saw Wario being even, and G&W being Pit's advantage. Truly biased ones say they have an advantage over G&W as Pit. The only ones u got right were MK, Falcon, and Link. Or wait.....

You best be backing up your opinion with some long, detailed, and in-depth information and maybe some vids of every matchup if we are to be convinced.

Coffee™

I need it....
Most of those matchup ratios are biased, first clues was when I saw Wario being even, and G&W being Pit's advantage. Truly biased ones say they have an advantage over G&W as Pit. The only ones u got right were MK, Falcon, and Link. Or wait.....

You best be backing up your opinion with some long, detailed, and in-depth information and maybe some vids of every matchup if we are to be convinced.
Meh, most of the stuff you say about matchups is wrong anyway. You also think Pit loses or goes even with just about every character in the game so whatever. I'm not gonna sit here and write an essay about every matchup I posted.

Some of these matchups would be worse if you decided to be retardly homo every match. Bowser would be like 85:15 if every game you decided to CG him at the beginning of the stock and ledgecamp for the rest of the game.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I know how you feel admiral, on the pit mainers leaving for higher tier.
I almost left but for peach. I just need a set up for pit that has enough hit stun at high damage for him to follow up rather than arrows. Or a quick kill set up ex: lazar stun to upsmash from falco.
Any ideas? before I start looping full charged arrows as a last hope >_>

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
This is how the match ups averaged from everybody's opinion in one of R@vyn's threads.

I actually have the numbers somewhere if anyone was interested. Though, you still have to take this list with a grain of salt; not everyone's opinion is well thought out.

Meta Knight - Disadvantage
Snake - Advantage
Wario - Disadvantage
Falco - Slight Disadvantage
Diddy Kong - Slight Advantage
King Dedede - Slight Advantage
Marth - Disadvantage
Pikachu - Even
G&W - Disadvantage
Olimar - Disadvantage
Ice Climbers - Slight Advantage
R.O.B. - Slight Advantage
Kirby - Even
Lucario - Even
Zero Suit Samus - Advantage
Toon Link - Even
Donkey Kong - Advantage
Peach - Even
Luigi - Slight Advantage
Fox - Advantage
Wolf - Advantage
Sonic - Slight Advantage
Sheik - Slight Advantage
Bowser - Advantage
Zelda - Advantage
Pokémon Trainer - Advantage
Ike - Advantage
Lucas - Moderate Advantage
Mario - Slight Advantage
Ness - Advantage
Yoshi - Advantage
Samus - Advantage
Jigglypuff - Advantage
Captain Falcon - Advantage (Bahaha, everyone put advantage for Falcon)
Link - Advantage
Ganondorf - Advantage (Same as Falcon, poor Ganon)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Meh, most of the stuff you say about matchups is wrong anyway. You also think Pit loses or goes even with just about every character in the game so whatever. I'm not gonna sit here and write an essay about every matchup I posted.

Some of these matchups would be worse if you decided to be retardly homo every match. Bowser would be like 85:15 if every game you decided to CG him at the beginning of the stock and ledgecamp for the rest of the game.
My stuff wrong... pft, like you could do better, and the difference is that I ACTUALLY put up some info stating some of my points, and even if some of it is wrong, at least I still am providing some form of info, where are you are doing is saying something without details.

Camping all the time wouldn't make it worse, or at least not changing the ratio. Bowser matchup would never be 85:15 no matter how you play, since matchups are about the general overall performance against each other and NOT playstyle. Plus I don't even though you EVER played a Bowser, or at least a good one at best.
You're setting a bad example for the rest of us, much worse than I am if you are not willing to at least back up what you say.

Top Bottom