• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol the only Triforce user that's actually decent in brawl is the Loli Toon Link
I was happy that Link is usuable in Brawl +, I've always wanted to use him alot in Brawl but this game just does him no justice at all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol as much as I liked the Windwaker, I really enjoyed Young link more.
btw guys remember when everyone thought toon was top tier? xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Then they figured out stages like Lylat and Yoshi's island **** her recovery, and Din fire spam wasn't working.

Doesn't DoppelGanger still use Zelda?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Hey is this a new technique to use in mind games?

I always did it by accident. You can fast fall glide.
Right when you reach your apex of your jump while holding it press down, you'll glide much lower. to the ground.

So you can cancel it and other stuff.

Why isn't glide used as much in a fight? There are so many setups after it.

1. glide towards them
1A. attack the ground to cancel to slide and do whatever, yea yea
2A. attack them and follow with , uptilt, upsmash, meh
1B. link into combo setups, Glair > dair> dair> etc. or that other one with foot s tooling etc.
2. glide past them
1A. cancel to pivit grab or reg. whatever.

well those work and since you jump before you glide, it gets predictable
so you can still attack before you glide or WOI to an attack to change it up.

if its well known, its sure not used.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I didn't glide alot because I was dumb and always got punished or spiked by doing so. :l but yea it's useful when you cancel it right koden.

Coffee™

I need it....
Dunno if you guys know or not but when you're gliding you can press Down B to immediately fastfall from the Glide. It's a lot faster than just canceling it normally.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I posted 2 different things. The first one was about about changing your glide hieght by timing it by pressing down before you glide. It helps with spaceing also when you are semi above your opponent.

Just seeing if we're on the same page.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Nice job Vex! I wish I was that good lol. You'll continue to improve since this was your first tournament with Pit.

At Katana: That's pretty much old news. You can also do a back away glide but that doesn't prove much use. I can't do it most of the time since seeing how I can't do it. I just don't put any effort since when I glide I get wrecked.

So I've hit a wall. Before I was doing decent at tournaments but now I'm getting last constantly. I believe I'm going to take a break from smash or just quit singles. My last tournament before the break will be on 19th. I may not be remembered but who cares. Maybe I'll post my matches even though they're old and hope you guys can give me harsh critiques on what I did wrong and you guys can help me on that.
Also I'm only allowed to put those on the video thread right? Since if i recall correctly R@vyn was going to close the thread if I made one.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Ok suyon, wonder if theres any other simple basic techniques not easily noticeable I haven't seen.

How's this for flashy, I arrow looped 3 arrows, 2 upwards and the other backwards, and then glided to continue control of my arrow while approaching. It worked so well after they approached because I glided they didn't notice the arrow from above they took both arrows then the glide attack then the 3rd arrow to a bair for the finish. I wanted to save it but the match lasted too long. T_T

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A Pit/Bowser team at 5th, that's pretty good considering their tier placements, and having to deal with many bad matchups.
Now, let's count all of the Ugly little MK masks we see.

But yea, 5th is a good start for a Pit. Nice work!

Coffee™

I need it....
I posted 2 different things. The first one was about about changing your glide hieght by timing it by pressing down before you glide. It helps with spaceing also when you are semi above your opponent.

Just seeing if we're on the same page.
What you are talking about is called Glide Shifting and has been known for months. What I'm taking about isn't the same thing.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Vex! Soooooo close to the money >.<

That's a wonderful job for your first Pit tourny. Got any vids you can gloat over?

So I've hit a wall. Before I was doing decent at tournaments but now I'm getting last constantly. I believe I'm going to take a break from smash or just quit singles. My last tournament before the break will be on 19th. I may not be remembered but who cares. Maybe I'll post my matches even though they're old and hope you guys can give me harsh critiques on what I did wrong and you guys can help me on that.
Also I'm only allowed to put those on the video thread right? Since if i recall correctly R@vyn was going to close the thread if I made one.
Learn a new character. I hadn't played Pit for well over a month (was learning MK/Sheik/Jiggs/Ness), but I randomly picked him up a few days ago and trashed my friends that used to beat me.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Learn a new character. I hadn't played Pit for well over a month (was learning MK/Sheik/Jiggs/Ness), but I randomly picked him up a few days ago and trashed my friends that used to beat me.
I agree with this. Play other characters, it refreshes your Pit skills. Personally, I use Jiggs, Ness, Ike, and Falco. Really I like all the characters and play them sometimes.

Edit: ****, I don't know how I missed Diddy, but he is my first choice for a secondary.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh no Suyon hit a wall? xD I was just talking about how you seemed to be a great Pit with your results and whatnot that I've looked at.

Taking a break helps some people, I personally am going through the same slump with my Marth. I think I just need to play another fighter for a bit. Next tournament isn't till January 23rd anyway

Afropony

Smash Lord
Wow, it's sad how the Pit boards have got even worse when just a few months ago I thought they were pretty much dead.

Does anyone have any suggestions on stuff we could talk about which is Pit related?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Someway to help other pits improve such as pits best combo set ups, damage setups. More recent pit matchups.

Hey online is not bad at all, sure the lag, but I got used to it and it felt just like competitive play.
Or my online is just that good, idk... I want to start adding friend codes

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There isn't much to talk about. Busy is pretty much all over me, and I'm pretty much tired of providing much help since ppl are either biased, don't contribute, or annoying. Thankfully, I had some backup plans, which is going well.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
These boards really have ground to a halt recently. I really want them to start crankin' again, but I have neither the knowledge of how to do so nor the knowledge of the game required to lead anything anywhere.

I want to do some testing of things with Pit, but I'd need people to test with me, operating the controller with my feet isn't cutting it.

Really, though, I think we should all start with a deeper understanding of the origins of our friend Pit.

I think this video would be highly educational for all of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zez4QlSTE_Q

Top Bottom