• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey guys, I'm BPC, head of the Brawl- dev team. Basically, we're trying again to put everyone on the same level, just this time we aren't setting everyone on the level of Diddy, we're setting them on the level of SF2T Akuma.

Me and the rest of the guys are stumped on pit (I've rarely used Pit, and apparently nobody can figure out how to break him other than just generic power boosts all over the place which is boring as ****). We don't know what to do to make him broken in a fun and interesting way (in fact, we have no ideas as far as pit goes). >.> Can any of you give us some ideas?

NNID
Budget_Player
He doesn't need to be a contender, he needs to be the kind of char that would have 70-30s across the entire board in normal brawl. That's the idea here-so broken that it works. And just general stat-raising is kinda... I dunno, dull. Like, we are having marth's range doubled. We're raising MK's air speed by a lot. We have half of ganon's moves grounding/tripping and the other half way faster. Bowser has HA on everything he does. Everyone is getting general stat buffs. There's gotta be something for pit...

EDIT: I also have no clue what wingdashing is or how it works. I don't play pit, remember? :V

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I'm at the peak of being busy out there, so I rarely can help the angels out here, but I will hope to make time around here.

For BPC, well, I can probably help out with Pit upon request, when I have time of course. Idk how much I can be of help since idiots just consider me to be a "Wifi" Pit, and u know how some ppl think, stereotyping because of that, and thinking they are better because all they care about is offline this offline that. You can contact me on AIM, and I can get to you as soon as I got the time. If not, then we have the classing PMing, which really may take longer for me to notice.

NNID
Budget_Player
Infinite Jumps, lol.

e: Wingdash : Jump+ UpB+Cstick down
Infinite jumps is something we decided against from the start-stalls.

Well, I'm at the peak of being busy out there, so I rarely can help the angels out here, but I will hope to make time around here.

For BPC, well, I can probably help out with Pit upon request, when I have time of course. Idk how much I can be of help since idiots just consider me to be a "Wifi" Pit, and u know how some ppl think, stereotyping because of that, and thinking they are better because all they care about is offline this offline that. You can contact me on AIM, and I can get to you as soon as I got the time. If not, then we have the classing PMing, which really may take longer for me to notice.
I'd be really glad to have help with pit. We have nothing yet. >.>

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Multiple glides, gets WoI back when he gets hit, better control over arrows? Arrows give a huge push back when shielded? Raise ARs priority/range/speed, make mirror shield reflect physical attacks the whole time it's out, give WoI's windpush absurd priority, make dair a spike, make dtilt spike hitbox larger...

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Edit: Give AR a huge windbox that sucks people in from like, a stage sized area

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here are my ideals:
-Some way of improving Pit's edge game, or at least get others to utilize it more.
-Probably find ways of getting Pit's poor melee range extended so that he doesn't have to be so close to many of his opponents, most noted, Wario, Marth, MK (of course) and Olimar, who are 4 of Pit's bad matchups.
Most of Pit's bad matchups occurring are because Pit's range is limited, especially if he can't camp his opponents with arrows.
-Any way to get Pit's speed to be faster a bit, or some lag-cancelling stuff,
-Any particular move follow-up moves
Example: "F-throw > Stutterstep Fsmash" on most chars for a quick 29%-30% damage when your opponent is at 0%.
We need more of such stuff besides that and Pit's F-throw CG that only works on like 8 characters. DK, Bowser, Link, Snake, Falcon Ganon, Wolf, maybe Fox. Sadly, Snake is the only one of those that seem to put Pit at a slight disadvantage, ratio-wise.
-A way to improve Pit's recovering, though I think he can't go no further than he already can.

Overall, any way to improve Pit's melee-based range, edgegame, speed of attacks, or a discovery of a legit or actually effective follow-up string of attacks can work. idk how far Pit can go since we found much of his stuff.

Note: I gots my Pit and Pika stickers in the mail today Aishi! They're cute! <3

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
pit shoot 2 arrows instead of 1.
infinite up b and can up b again after hit.
pits taunt " you're not ready yet" spawns arrows above opponent starting off screen then straight down.
Dair spikes...!!!!!!

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, I havent been here in a while. Me and my friends just hosted a Tourney at a lock-in at this school. About 25+ people. not that many, single elimination due to time issues.. I went pit for just about the whole tourney except for two matches that I played with pika in. I came out on top. The competition wasnt that harsh some people were good others werent, but my wii's broken and I havent played in months so im all happy lol.. Ill throw up some replays if anyone wants to see =P

aish

Smash Journeyman
Haha school tourney, reminds me of some of my classmates was asking me if I knew how to 'land on the wall' and i asked what was that and another guy says 'don't tell her how to do it!' and the other guy responds saying 'I won't but it looks like -so and so-'. And then I broke their bubble when I replied with 'you mean teching?' xD nobody playss in my collegee D8

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
BOOM, what are you doing here? Go back to the Marth boards. You left us.

Edit:
You know guys, I think I might have found a neat new tick for Pit. I don't know if it is expansive enough to be an AT, but it looks promising. Still need to test it a little.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Haha school tourney, reminds me of some of my classmates was asking me if I knew how to 'land on the wall' and i asked what was that and another guy says 'don't tell her how to do it!' and the other guy responds saying 'I won't but it looks like -so and so-'. And then I broke their bubble when I replied with 'you mean teching?' xD nobody playss in my collegee D8
Lol. yea alot of people just plained sucked, I mean... I could beat them while watching people play DDR or Rockband behind me, but they still knew their stuff about the game. then there were some people who were actually pretty good, but spammed stuff or just didnt know what to do, and then there were some people who actually played brawl for real. It was fun none the less.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So far I've only found one other Brawl player at my school that actually takes the game seriously, but he still has a long way to go. :l I wish I could find more haha.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Which character do you think is the worst match-up for Pit? I endure **** on a stick from Meta Knights, but it may be different depending on the person.
Has to be G&W or MK..., well Marth and Olimar could be close, yet they are not it.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I'm going to say Olimar, maybe Geedubbs.

So I found an AT in the original Kid Icarus.

You can cancel the lag from your attack by crouching. If you spam down and the attack button, you fire a beam of arrowy death.

Coffee™

I need it....
Oh c'mon GW is easy >_>. It's been like 10 years and people still complain about this matchup? ugh..... MK is the hardest then probably Olimar. Peach is in Pits favor imo. Marth is even. Also Mk isn't rly that hard. Most MKs play the matchup horribly anyway. Just don't go offstage in the matchup and Pit is fine....geez.

Coffee™

I need it....
R@vyn, that's why we're saying top level of play. Gotta remember this.
If you're referring to my comment about MK, then I still stand by what I say. Pit does fine on stage vs MK. Its just he ***** Pit offstage. It's still obviously his worst matchup but overall its nothing worse than 60:40 I would say.

cp2

Smash Rookie
For me is G&W , then olimar, and are also dificult marth and MK, I do well against the rest

And of course that things like this depends more on the person than on the character

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Peach is even.

G&W isn´t that bad.

Olimar is bad, but just counterpick FD and it´s ok.

MK is the worse.

Top Bottom