• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if i started a thread where everyone is allowed only 1 post, and that post would consist of all of your personal strategies and techniques and how you handle certain situations and such (in other words how you play pit) who would participate? this would not be MU specific unless you put in some of your own MU specific knowledge (i would probably mention some stuff about falco for example). this would just be how play pit/think he should be played. you would be allowed to edit your posts sure but if anyone says more than their one granted post (especially a "you are wrong, do this" post) i will have kuro eliminate it from my thread.

is anyone down for this? and i would expect a lot of txt from you guys, this would be the true ultimate guide for pit's current metagame, because it would be how us current pit's play down to the T. if kuro, luckay, and ptzr at least agree to this, i will start the thread because we (me luckay and ptzr anyways) are the most tourney active pit's in the US besides koolaid and kiraflax and those 2 are hard to get in contact with.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'm not as active as I should be in Tournies. That'll change really soon though. Also, working on my new secondary, can't really tell y'all who it is just yet, all I know is I love mid tier characters lol.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Kool-aid, Luckay, Kuro?, Maharba and I are confirmed for Apex? Let's get that group picture.

Fyre you better go!

Edit: if Earth comes Def taking pics and Pit dittoing him. Gonna even use his tag LOL

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yea i'm guarenteed atm(already has all the money for apex put aside). Barring any large mishaps i'll be there. But considering i have many more paychecks to come till apex even mishaps prolly couldn't stop me.

Look forward to it :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Pit still loses to most of top and high tier, but at least now u guys can CP folks to brinstar.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm inclined to believe Pit loses at least slightly to Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Wario and Snake. As well as losing significantly to Marth, Lucario and DDD.

Unless ofcourse, you think MK is the only thing holding Pit back?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I think mk holds half the cast back enough for people to quit their characters is what I think. You can believe whatever you want, but know that I respectfully disagree with you on 5 of those matchups.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm inclined to believe Pit loses at least slightly to Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Wario and Snake. As well as losing significantly to Marth, Lucario and DDD.

Unless ofcourse, you think MK is the only thing holding Pit back?
Consider this. MK is the only one holding Pit significantly back. Marth doesn't show up in results much, Lucario niether, Dedede is argueably even or Pit's favor but still hard, and Snake should be even but people are silly. TL and diddy are even for sure.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Do you have any evidence of Pit doing well in those matchups? Like videos of similarly skilled players with Pit going even?

Marth might not be popular now, but assuming MK disappeared, its a very simple transition to go to Marth(as long as you adjust to his limits).

@ luckay, people don't all main mk because mk holds back their character. alot of them main mk because mk beats all the things that hold back their character. Like Marth, DDD etc.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
there are some videos, but like you I cant be bothered to look up videos right this second to show my points. but some exist, most notably on the matchups that matter (snake and dedede).

marth -> no evidence because no records. only personal experience (few marths in bracket)
lucario -> nothing, but flip this around, who do YOU see that plays this mu to say that luc does so well?
dedede -> exp, plus 9B masashi matches. Dedede is my hardest matchup though so Im not the one to ask, probably other pits here.
snake -> personal experience, plus a european pit that takes down a well known snake main quite consistently from what I remember (head hurts too bad cant think names right this second)

If you have evidence for it then talk it out too!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah and mk is usually the only one who can safely make characters know their own flaws. Case and point, mk holds them back. For your first sentence, how about you post vids of Pit failing in those matchups? Show your reasons first, kthx.

Earth vs Coney ~ Considered one of, if not THE, top D3 player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwsUWpZKfIg

Koolaid vs Bizkit ~ A top Snake player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCTAczCryM&feature=channel_video_title

Prince Ramen vs HRNut ~ Another good Snake from florida
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWdwk8FsF7Q&feature=related

Me vs Dapuffster~Very good diddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S9DUKxKvec

Esca vs Trela ~ One of the best Lucarios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlF_95qFVQ4

I lost this match, but I never felt the matchup itself was one sided. I as a player have a difficult time bringing the game back when I'm down a stock.

I would have a vid, of me vs Trela @ pound V pools, which was a close set, but the person recording our pool only uploaded a few matches not including that one. I have also had close games with Junebug in the past, both are top Lucarios, but I didn't feel like the matchup was worse than even when I played them.

Pretty much like Krys says the Pit matchups don't really happen that much at high levels. I can say the last two tournaments I've been to I was knocked out by a metaknight. I don't even get the chance to play other characters at high level. At hope 3 it was lain, and his metaknight is fine, but I wanted to see how I would do against his ICs. A tournament from this weekend I was knocked out by Coney who I did fairly well against when I used Pit and he is still considered the best DDD or one of the best. I didn't get the chance to play two top olimars in tournament who were there, Logic and Rich Brown because I was knocked out by a metaknight on our PR. I've played two good Marths who I beat without a problem while I was there, but the top level Marth in my region is Neo whom I haven't played yet either. As for toon link, I've had ridiculously close games with Kingtoon's TL as well and I see no problems there. I don't see what you can point out that these characters have over Pit that makes them win the matchup. Soooooo....explain your thoughts.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Uh no. There are several vids for d3, falco, diddy, and marth. Pit does not lose to marth significantly. It's a slight disadvantage. Pit def. does not lose to lucario significantly either. It's even. I could see the arguments for +1 however. But lucario has already been debated.

Not only can pit effectively camp snake like falco but he can gimp snake x10 better due to multi-jumps, arrows, grabs the set up gimps nicely, WoI footstool. Has a cg to ~50% and can out maneuver him. Snakes tech chase, uptilt, nades(good ones can land nades on pit)(and besides gimps) survivability are what put it towards even.

Also, there's a **** ton of proof for snake being even.

Toonlink. Idk.

Only high tiers we lose to are wario, marth, IC in order of hardest to least. I believe the LGL is what tilts it towards IC.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I should have vids? As one of you just pointed out, I'm the "non-pit main that doesnt know stuff about pit". I could go find some, but I wanted to see if you guys had some easily for reference. I'm a Sonic main, and if you asked me for some proof that Sonic doesn't lose -4 to Marth, I might reference top sonic beating top marths often enough. Sure, maybe I'm being a little presumptuous that Pit loses these matches, but how can you say he goes even if you don't have any evidence of it? Earth's Genesis vids were a bit lacking imo, and I was wondering if you guys had any other top notch Pit videos I could look at.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i personally have a lot of trouble with D3
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHNS! Get better :troll:
I should have vids? As one of you just pointed out, I'm the "non-pit main that doesnt know stuff about pit". I could go find some, but I wanted to see if you guys had some easily for reference. I'm a Sonic main, and if you asked me for some proof that Sonic doesn't lose -4 to Marth, I might reference top sonic beating top marths often enough. Sure, maybe I'm being a little presumptuous that Pit loses these matches, but how can you say he goes even if you don't have any evidence of it? Earth's Genesis vids were a bit lacking imo, and I was wondering if you guys had any other top notch Pit videos I could look at.
The below quote. Top-notch+footage=so rare for pit mains. We're practically developing the metagame ourselves with only very little to go on.

However my entire post from above explains which ones have video evidence and which ones simply are from multiple persons experience(s) with some older vids.
Hardly anything is going to be recent, top notch Pits barely exist let alone video footage of their gameplay -.-
Yaaa =/

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
jesus tesh, you know im your bud but dude you got no clue what you are talking about. lucario is even, i would know. trela is my favorite person to smash with out of everyone in texas. DDD? please, even i have never lost to a DDD (i even beat coney in a friendly at whobo3, DDD is near free if he just wasn't so heavy). snake is even, ICs only beats us on non platform stages, and TL may beat us but for reals you are doing your estimates wrong. ill go find some vids REAL FAST and post them in here for you.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE2AFWVQeD8#t=3m50s game2 falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_GgJgZuOT0 snake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-U8u6W1PdA snake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txAQ5PK5j6I ICs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2UY_pdxKc&feature=related Marth (you were there for this one lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScTkfNzztWc olimar

if you want more i can get them for you. but tbh no, do your own research lol. i ain't nobody's *****

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
are you sure because i know i beat a ddd in friendly at whobo and tmk you were the only one there. granted it was just a friendly, and i was reallly high the majority of that weekend so i coulda mistaken you for some other white DDD. after all, maharba gets confused when hes stoned. kinda like now :)

edit:

coney your wario is legit, never beat it the whole time iirc

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit vs Mk 40-60
Pit vs Diddy stage dependent 50-50, 60-40
Pit vs Snake 45-55
Pit vs D3 50-50
Pit vs Cario 45-55
Pit vs Wario 47-53
Pit vs G&W Personally I think this is our worst match up. But I've begun to realize it's not difficult at all.
40-60

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Pit vs Mk 40-60 Agreed
Pit vs Diddy stage dependent 50-50, 60-40 Agreed
Pit vs Snake 45-55 Not Agreed, 50-50
Pit vs D3 50-50 Not agreed, stage dependent as well, 50-50 only on certain stages, 45-55 elsewhere cuz of how fat he is...he's much tougher than snake to me.
Pit vs Cario 45-55 Not agreed but thats' mostly because it's not been proven either way. I think it's 50-50..
Pit vs Wario 47-53 Haha, Long as wario wins this mu I agree X3
Pit vs G&W Personally I think this is our worst match up. But I've begun to realize it's not difficult at all.
40-60 Can't disagree or agree, I think we lose somewhat though you're right.

>_>...long text.

Top Bottom