• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i play to campy to perform well against TL. you don't give his inside game enough credit. or i give it too much. or im bad at getting around his projectiles. idk i just hate that MU with such a burning passion, yet for some reason i still MM pj

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You just gotta focus, all of TL projectiles can be powershielded consecutively. If you can't do that just grounded up b cancel them, and mirror shield the arrow because that works. You can even space a grounded up b so a bomb will land on the ground without exploding.

On another note, I'm playing cpu's and a mario caped me while i was gliding then went for the fair kamikaze spike when I used up b on my last jump and ***** me o.O

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit vs Tink is 50-50 still. Are lack of being able to kill him sucks. Bair, F-smash is gonna be stale vs him. Up-smash OoS is also safe vs him.

Basically this match up is who ever has stage control generally gets the first kill.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijaNnxbBhJo&fmt=18

such a good remix/song imo :)

Also, i used pit in friendlies yesterday.(shock!) It may or may not have affected whether i come back to him after apex :bluejump:

Also, som1 help me come up with a team name! D:

We use snake/pit and dedede/luigi as our main combinations. Help :cry:

I got some vids of doubles to be recorded also. Our dedede luigi team was quite off sync since it's been like nearly a year since we teamed lol.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if kown knows his thread is still alive and well lol

dude left smash like a million years ago

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
oh he did? thats cool glad he hasnt completely forgotten the community lol man i remember when the 3 of us would have like a million pittos back in the day, texas pits too good

Suyon

Smash Lord
How do you guys deal with MKs? I only lost to MKs in my last tournament. Gimps and shuttle loops.
I also have like 13 matches from doubles if you guys are interested if they get post up.
I'm getting very stressful with Brawl now since I can't do anything.
Also been like half a year or more since I last posted in this thread <__<

Xcallion

Smash Ace
personally, my secret to beating mk is...
i dont win against mk D: i never do. cant help ya bro.

link2702

Smash Champion
the key to winnning against meta is to pick anyone other then pit....

i'm sorry but i know some are gonna disagree with me...but the meta pit matchup is definatly not 40/60 in metas favor, i'd say more like either 35/65 or 70/30

IMO meta just butchers us to hard, hell the one thing you'd think would be able to help us(our arrows) get eaten by meta's whornado.

tbh i think the community seriously underrates alot of meta's matchups to make him not seem as broken.

he's got alot of em that are considered like 60/40 that aren't even remotely close to that.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How do you guys deal with MKs? I only lost to MKs in my last tournament. Gimps and shuttle loops.
I also have like 13 matches from doubles if you guys are interested if they get post up.
I'm getting very stressful with Brawl now since I can't do anything.
Also been like half a year or more since I last posted in this thread <__<
errr so many times answering this very question *dizzyhead*
personally, my secret to beating mk is...
i dont win against mk D: i never do. cant help ya bro.
i lol'd
Just survived my first Florida tourney. Mink, set me up with a link to the thread please. I'm too lazy to look lol. Kuro, go back to Pit.
edit: I need help with Sheik and Wolf for some reason.
Haha after this tourney i think i will end up going back to pit after apex. But as of right now my plan of all snake till apex is definitely staying. If it makes you guys feel any better i busted out the rusty pit in pools and MM :)
Went pit against pika(hate it with snake sooo much...ppl beat my snake with pika like 2 stocks and then i two stock em w/pit...makes no sense whatsoever. Idk how mvd did as well as he did vs esam =.=)

The pika killed me at 0 cuz i WoI too early. I then came back to keep that second stock the rest of the game for a clean 3 stock sweep lol. Then a tink cp my snake to fd so i went pit and he went flaco. I was losing(like i always lose to falcos -,-) but came back at the end. It was pretty clutch.

Som1 help me with falco :( no matter how much i read it doesn't seem to help

Nice meeting you fyre. Look forward to hanging out more.

I got the Mk match up down. :)
:awesome::cool::reverse:
the key to winnning against meta is to pick anyone other then pit....

i'm sorry but i know some are gonna disagree with me...but the meta pit matchup is definatly not 40/60 in metas favor, i'd say more like either 35/65 or 70/30

IMO meta just butchers us to hard, hell the one thing you'd think would be able to help us(our arrows) get eaten by meta's whornado.

tbh i think the community seriously underrates alot of meta's matchups to make him not seem as broken.

he's got alot of em that are considered like 60/40 that aren't even remotely close to that.
:cry:

Suyon

Smash Lord
Reason why I can't stand posting in Pit Boards. So much full of fail here. If you answered the question then you could probably link me a post or copy paste something. I know the MU sucks already. The fact ptzr says he has it down is by going ICs or something. I never get my questions answered here so now I feel very stupid trying again with you guys. Probably should have put it in that question answer thread but I'd get the same answer I bet. I don't care if you can beat him or not. I just wanted to know what things you can do under what situation to him.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
The trick with MK is simply playing smart. It's not so much the character. It's more the habits of those using him. A lot of MK mains have similar playstyles. Since the Pit-MK MU is pretty bad for us, you hafta compensate for it by looking for flaws in the person using him. Wish I could be of more help. Anything specific you have a problem with?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh sorry bro didn't see your post at the top. and ya use the QA.

mk is the hardest thing in the world for pit. a smart aggressive MK will win near every time. plus, there is no truly safe way to recover. i always felt it to be harder than 60:40, but others like earth and kuro and kiraflax have their niches with pit against him so IDK there. i just know he absolutely wrecks defensive pits. get a secondary like fox or falco to combat him, or just acknowledge a great deal of patience and ledge camping

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
In one of my replays, Sensei's pit, murked the MK on my team mad hard with a Mirror Shield -> Wing Of Icarus gimp.

It was nasty.
And unfortunate,

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Shoutouts to my man Mink: Courageously accepting Mirror Shield gimps since '09. Still swag, bro.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MK really wrecks Pit, I can't really decide for myself if PT or Pit is worse vs MK.

I'm curious about Earth's performance at Genesis 2. Did he beat any notable players with Pit aside from __X__ and Anuar?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
In one of my replays, Sensei's pit, murked the MK on my team mad hard with a Mirror Shield -> Wing Of Icarus gimp.

It was nasty.
And unfortunate,
Lol, it was pretty bad. My Pit is getting pretty good. I need to learn that ZSS matchup though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah

i'm sorry i had to whip out my zss game 3 in doubles.

I wanted to go all ganon... but in order to win the round i had to do it, and im ashamed to admit that.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Reason why I can't stand posting in Pit Boards. So much full of fail here. If you answered the question then you could probably link me a post or copy paste something. I know the MU sucks already. The fact ptzr says he has it down is by going ICs or something. I never get my questions answered here so now I feel very stupid trying again with you guys. Probably should have put it in that question answer thread but I'd get the same answer I bet. I don't care if you can beat him or not. I just wanted to know what things you can do under what situation to him.
Great way to get the answer you want is to trash talk the very ppl your asking...good to know :)

If you want detail there are quite a few threads specifically dedicated to mk. You must play mk like a mixture of wario and marth. You must space and zone yourself, bait the mk, and then punish. Aggro pit does work well against mk but to land hits more often you must take note of the mks habits. Every one has specific habits/traits/followups they like to abuse. Now if you want me to go and find those threads so you can read them i'll be glad to post the link(s). You also need to find much more specific problems. No1 can just write up an entire(and perfect) summary out of nowhere. Your best bet is to analyze yourself losing to a mk and tell US what went wrong, what you were struggling with, and how to stop it/alleviate it. Specificity really helps with questions like this.

Don't go rage on ppl. It's really rude. Even over the internet. Sometimes ppl can't answer everything right away. So chillax and enjoy the pit boards.

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQe790fJt8&feature=feedu

LOL@your first death

Second Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxh0rJ_-ZTs&feature=channel_video_title

I came at first k.o. holy ****.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Mk vs Pit: In a nutshell. This match up really, really depends on who has the percent and stock lead. MK gimps us more than we can gimp him. We have gimmicks that work on him. The key is to play patient, you guys seem to think Nado > everything we have, don't challenge Nado then just avoid it. If I see a Nado I run to the ledge or full hop, to double jump Airdodge. Now, you should ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS Strike, stages where he can take advantage of you not being able to recover. Yoshi's, Ps1, Castle, etc. Now, personally I prefer Cping Mk to Yoshi's for grab releasing. Ban's, if you're not comfortable with Rainbow, ban it. Same goes with Brinstar, either way he's gonna pick a gay stage. Now, here's what you do vs Mk. First You shoot Arrows about 1/3rd of FD's size away from him, he's only reaction is to either Spot dodge, Power shield, or take the hit, if he by any chances nado, you'll be out of range from him to do anything since your lag will end. Mk's air mobility is bad, like really really bad. Abuse that, abuse the fact that it's terrible, Space a lot. Slow jab if you suspect an Airdodge, Spot dodge, Back roll. When you're at higher percents he's likely gonna spam D-smash, Shield them and run away. Make him chase you, run to the ledge if you have to, you want him to chase you, you want him out of his comfort zone. His up-b, if you bait an Up-b, run under him and Full hop Bair, Uair, or Dair. If he's below you trying to Uair; Dair a lot. Now His Up-b is gay we all know that, if he's trying to kill you with it at 65%, Smash Di Up and towards him, if you're lucky enough you can shadow man di, aka go in the opposite direction he's up-bing in. Cp's, Cp him to neutral's Mk's WORST stages are neutral's.

What pit should be doing in this match up

Pit:
Slow Jabs
Pivot Grabs
Pivot Arrows 1/3rd of FD
Walking Around
Fair for Spacing
Dair, if you're above him and he's at 160%
use D-smash to punish at lower percents
Save F-smash for killing
Grab throw forward Stutter step F-smash at 0% or Grab throw forward Buffer sliding Up-smash
Bair for aerial exchanging at Higher percents
Ledge Camping! Please Do it if you need to. Don't abuse it though. Remember 50 LGL

What you should watch out for:

Tilt's
Up-B OoS
Nair OoS
Dair Camping
Fair
Glide Attacks
Gay Stages
Improper Di-ing on Up-B
Nado
Stages with no way for pit to glide under
the Timer