• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Nah...you silly! :) Have you ever thought about the characters MK is actually limiting and how they could take out the characters that might give Pit trouble?
Name one example.

I can give a counter example... Metaknight takes out Game and Watch. Without MK there will be more Game and Watches. Same with Marth. This is good for Pit... how?

Either way it's speculation. Nobody knows what will happen. Results from tournaments are not conclusive. MK is dominant, yes, but not so dominant that other characters never win. Banning a character based on speculation remains BS no matter how people try to justify it.

Coffee™

I need it....
Name one example.

I can give a counter example... Metaknight takes out Game and Watch. Without MK there will be more Game and Watches. This is good for Pit... how?
Well...I don't think GW is that bad....sue me. Either way look at the metagame. The upper echleons of it are filled with characters that do well VERSUS MK. If he ends up gone, we are going to end up seeing some of those characters probably dropping in usage a bit because they now have to deal with various matchups that MK users would have eliminated. For example. MK beats D3 and Olimar so there are less problems for Snake users but what happens when there is no more MK? These characters can flourish and cause problems for Snake users. The same can be said for a lot of characters. It'll likely affect Pit positively but it's all theory at the moment.

And on another note, GW doesn't do well vs most of the top tiers. I doub't he'd rise in usage much anyway.

Did all of u guys vote yes?
Haven't voted yet in either the SBR or public polls.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
I voted yes even though there are just like 3 mentionable MK's in Europe out of like 100 people XD
I haven't really fought a good offline MK yet but I'm just helping you guys ;D

kown

Smash Lord
y does anyone wanna keep mk? (unless u second him cuz ur pit sucks). imo take every oppurtunity to improve your rankings. ban mk, YES!

Coffee™

I need it....
y does anyone wanna keep mk? (unless u second him cuz ur pit sucks). imo take every oppurtunity to improve your rankings. ban mk, YES!
Idk, maybe he's a fun character and sometimes ppl complain too much? I second MK but if this ban thing doesn't end now I'm gonna end up with the little ****** bat as a main.

kown

Smash Lord
K. So we could ban every character but Pit. That would certainly improve Pit's rankings. :)
if we talked like this the world would be dumb.... aka stop being stupid.

Im saying take the oppurtunity to make pits ranking go up. if mks banned, pit will go up. this is fact. y are u trying to not improve pits ranking?
I dont necessarily agree with banning mk, but if its an option than im going to take it!!

Idk, maybe he's a fun character and sometimes ppl complain too much? I second MK but if this ban thing doesn't end now I'm gonna end up with the little ****** bat as a main.
what does fun have to do with this?
you second mk cuz ur pit isnt good enuff. PRACTICE MORE. banning mk will only make u better.

I bet your the type of player who loses with pit and switches to mk.
Get some skill.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
y are u trying to not improve pits ranking?
I'd rather improve his ranking though, you know, actually being good at the game. Not the slack-*** scrub method of taking out everything that beats me.

I dont necessarily agree with banning mk, but if its an option than im going to take it!!
What?

you second mk cuz ur pit isnt good enuff. PRACTICE MORE. banning mk will only make u better.

Get some skill.
Something tells me you've spent way too much time in Houston.

kown

Smash Lord
I'd rather improve his ranking though, you know, actually being good at the game. Not the slack-*** scrub method of taking out everything that beats me.

What?

Something tells me you've spent way too much time in Houston.
okay you are obviously misreading things.

god, you dont make sense either.

heres where you are wrong/dont make sense:

1)you can be good at a game with mk out.
2) were not taking out everything thats gay in the game.....just the most gayest char.
3) lets just make it clear....no one is a slask *** scrub. We are tying to make the game better...watch what you say.

AND this is what I am saying to what you dont understand.

Im not pro/anti ban meta. If i was asked b4 thispoll came out whether Mk should be banned, i would say no.
Now that a poll is out on whether MK should be banned means ppl (majority) want mk banned. Hell if MK is banned that would mean i have a better chance of placing better.
So y not try to ban MK so that i can place better? hmm answer that

MK is the only character where one doesn't have to be smarter than ones opponent to win.

the only problem with houston (and all of texas) is that we are too awesome.

Texas for best smash community...enuff said

dextasmurf

Smash Lord

Get some skill.
This was the dumbest thing I've read...NO Pit main that I kno seconds Mk cuzz there pit isnt good enough...They Second MK to counter Pits BAd matchups incase the person knows the matchup...If I am playing vs a marth thats knows the Pit matchup more then likely he will **** me..But if i have MK to cover my bad matchups and MK beats marth then id be SMART and choose MK to at least make it even vs the marth player...

If u kno that u can beat a person or have a much better shot beating them with Mk then u should go MK or else ur just being ignorant and wasting ur money (assuming its tourney)...I go pit vs badmatchups if i believe that they dont kno the matchup..If they do then i switch to diddy or Mk...

Ex.. Rogue beat jash with Pit then lost next match with Pit...TL and Pit is arguably 50-50 ( I think 45:55 TL favor) he knew that MK counterz TL and felt that he could DEFINITELY WIN with TL instead of risking it with Pit....doesnt mean that his pit isnt good enough he was just playing it safe (srry ROgue but this was the only example i could think off atm)

~think Before u speak pal~:urg:

kown

Smash Lord
This was the dumbest thing I've read...NO Pit main that I kno seconds Mk cuzz there pit isnt good enough...They Second MK to counter Pits BAd matchups incase the person knows the matchup...If I am playing vs a marth thats knows the Pit matchup more then likely he will **** me..But if i have MK to cover my bad matchups and MK beats marth then id be SMART and choose MK to at least make it even vs the marth player...
You have a lot of contradictions in your post.

1st contradiction
you say NO pit seconds mk because there pit isnt good enuff. Than you say rogue CPs jash with MK cuz his pit wasnt ready.

If u kno that u can beat a person or have a much better shot beating them with Mk then u should go MK or else ur just being ignorant and wasting ur money (assuming its tourney)...I go pit vs badmatchups if i believe that they dont kno the matchup..If they do then i switch to diddy or Mk...
2nd contradiction
By your logic everyone should main MK because MK ALWAYS has a better chance of beating someone. if u didnt know, this would be supporting the pro ban side. FYI

Ex.. Rogue beat jash with Pit then lost next match with Pit...TL and Pit is arguably 50-50 ( I think 45:55 TL favor) he knew that MK counterz TL and felt that he could DEFINITELY WIN with TL instead of risking it with Pit....doesnt mean that his pit isnt good enough he was just playing it safe (srry ROgue but this was the only example i could think off atm)
yes thanks for clarifying that rogue chose MK cuz he felt like his pit would lose. man i should second MK and than tell u guys how well i did at a tournament because i used pit once.

~think Before u speak pal~:urg:
3rd contradiction.^

so to summarize what YOU are saying: use mk if u want to win. (supports the proban side)

Coffee™

I need it....
if we talked like this the world would be dumb.... aka stop being stupid.

Im saying take the oppurtunity to make pits ranking go up. if mks banned, pit will go up. this is fact. y are u trying to not improve pits ranking?
I'm going to point out now that I really don't care much about Pit's ranking or trying to make him go up some tier list as you probably think.

Get some skill.
Kown your accusation is stupid tbh. As Dex said I play MK because I actually like MK, have fun playing him and he is more preferable to use for Pit's bad matchups. It's not a matter of wheter my Pit is good enough or it isn't. To be honest I feel I'm rather limited as a player because of Pit and what he's currently capable of. I can do exponentially better by switching to MK and right now I'm on the fence as to wheter I should do this or not.

Imo Pit is roughly 40-50% developed as a character and there is a alot more to him but most people that play him simply aren't that creative or suited to play the character so he's pretty stagnant at the moment and it's not worth the effort to play him in tourney then to simply lose w/e, wheter it be MK, Marth, TL or whoever.

I have a lot of ideas as to how to advance the character and that could be the sole reason as to why I might continue to play him but aside from that, there would be little reason to.

kown

Smash Lord
err im neutral too but its always more fun to debate the least popular side. Im going to bed. I EXPECT drX and Dexta to reply tomorrow. night maniac

EDIT: ugh. let me make sure i havent offended anyone.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
no one is a slask *** scrub.

So y not try to ban MK so that i can place better?
Im not pro/anti ban meta.

MK is the only character where one doesn't have to be smarter than ones opponent to win.
AND this is what I am saying to what you dont understand.
What is there to understand? You contradict yourself so much it's difficult to even tell what the hell you're trying to say. One moment you're "not pro-ban or anti-MK" and the next moment you're spouting anti-MK propaganda.

One minute you're claiming not to be a slack-*** scrub, the next you're citing your reason for banning MK is so you can do better. Maybe you don't realize-- banning things to improve one's own performance is the very definition of the word "scrub" as I choose to use it. When I say "scrub," I'm referring to a player who attempts to drag the metagame down to his level instead of bringing himself up to par.

I was under the impression that every competitive gamer had read or at least been linked to Playing to Win at some point or another. Again the Brawl community disappoints me.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Replace "cheap" with the word "gay" and maybe this will sound a little familiar.

the only problem with houston (and all of texas) is that we are too awesome.
The problem with Houston is that, because they ban things as yet left untouched by the greater smash community, they're disconnected from the metagame of the greater smash community.

Edit:
err im neutral too but its always more fun to debate the least popular side.
I hope you don't believe the things you've been debating. I really do.

kown

Smash Lord
What is there to understand? You contradict yourself so much it's difficult to even tell what the hell you're trying to say. One moment you're "not pro-ban or anti-MK" and the next moment you're spouting anti-MK propaganda.
okay im neutral but i like debating against the popular side....does that make sense for you? ive made this clear PLENTY of times.

One minute you're claiming not to be a slack-*** scrub, the next you're citing your reason for banning MK is so you can do better. Maybe you don't realize-- banning things to improve one's own performance is the very definition of the word "scrub" as I choose to use it. When I say "scrub," I'm referring to a player who attempts to drag the metagame down to his level instead of bringing himself up to par.
You are saying that everyone who wants MK banned is a slack *** scrub.

Your idea of aSlack -*** scrub is wrong :/. Just because id prefer (for the sake of this argument) metaknight to be banned doesnt mean i do not know how to play against metaknight.

SO when i say to ban Metaknight so that i can place better...that doesnt make me a scrub.
nice try at insulting me again tho.

I was under the impression that every competitive gamer had read or at least been linked to Playing to Win at some point or another. Again the Brawl community disappoints me.
Yes play to win....pick metaknight. the end.

The problem with Houston is that, because they ban things as yet left untouched by the greater smash community, they're disconnected from the metagame of the greater smash community.
uh were disconnected from the metagame? lol we are the best state at smash and two of those players are from houston. If your gunna try to insult us bring some facts.

I hope you don't believe the things you've been debating. I really do.
i think ur wrong for trying to prove an opinion.
cuz in the end this is just opinions and tbh no one has given a good opinion to keep mk besides i like to have "fun" with him or i suck with pit, let me choose mk to win.

And you say if mk is banned it will bring the metagame down. This is wrong. The metagame will CHANGE for better.

Coffee™

I need it....
SO when i say to ban Metaknight so that i can place better...that doesnt make me a scrub.
I'd rather ban Falco and Olimar than MK tbh.

uh were disconnected from the metagame? lol we are the best state at smash and two of those players are from houston. If your gunna try to insult us bring some facts.
Actually MI places better than TX in general at most OoS tournies aside from Dojo iirc and M2K moved or is moving there so..... I don't think so.

cuz in the end this is just opinions and tbh no one has given a good opinion to keep mk besides i like to have "fun" with him or i suck with pit, let me choose mk to win.
That is your opinion. I can say the same thing about pro-ban tbh.

And you say if mk is banned it will bring the metagame down. This is wrong. The metagame will CHANGE for better.
I actually agree with you here. I think it would change the metagame for the best if he was banned BUT is that suffcient criteria for a character to be banned? Not neccesarily.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I'm thinking of secondaring Marth. Can't stand the guy but he's good at all Pit's bad matchups. (I handle MK's with my Pit. Can't get better unless you play MK's XD) He's great against G&W, Falco, and obviously 50/50 against Marth :p. I was trying G&W but I was horrible with him. Or either I won't secondary anyone and just stick with Pit the whole way.
BTW even though I voted yes I'm nuetral on the MK ban.

kown

Smash Lord
ugh yea ur right about MI. they have lain anther and M2k....I still have faith in Texas!! haha but yea maybe were not best.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
okay im neutral but i like debating against the popular side....does that make sense for you? ive made this clear PLENTY of times.
Well you're not doing a very good job of "debating" either way. I wouldn't even call what you're doing "debating." The word "debate" usually refers to thoughtful argument. You offer contractions and regurgitation of propaganda.

You're doing the "less popular side" a major disservice. Their side, I'll admit, is a lot more based in reason than whatever it is you're trying to say. If your posts were to represent them the pro-ban side would be literally laughed at.

You are saying that everyone who wants MK banned is a slack *** scrub.
Everyone who wants him banned so they personally can do better? Yes.

Your idea of aSlack -*** scrub is wrong :/. Just because id prefer (for the sake of this argument) metaknight to be banned doesnt mean i do not know how to play against metaknight.
Whether or not you "know" doesn't enter into it. It's about your reasons for preferring the ban. Giving your own potential success as a reason is selfish and scrubby. It's as if you'd like the whole game to be built around you.

Man if I really wanted to just insult you there's a whole list of nasty things I could call you. God knows you'd deserve it, seeing as most of your argument from the beginning has consisted of calling me "dumb." I'll be nice, though.

Yes play to win....pick metaknight. the end.
Is that why Ally picks Metaknight? :rolleyes:

You remember what I said about propaganda?

The title of the book aside... try reading it. That was the reason I posted it. You might find it enlightening.

Lulwhut. *points at R@vyn's post*

No offense to Dojo but when people say "best brawl player" nobody thinks "Dojo." Not right now anyway. Not to mention the fact that Dojo plays Metaknight. Is he exempt from your rule or does he need to 'get some skill" too?

I'm curious.... who does Dojo play in Xyro's MK-banned tournaments? Does he enter?

What? I'm wrong for "trying to prove an opinion?" What exactly the **** do you think you're doing? Building a bridge?

Edit:

Also, to clear things up: M2K is moving to Cleveland. I remember hearing a rumor that Ally is moving to somewhere in Michigan. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Coffee™

I need it....
I'm thinking of secondaring Marth. Can't stand the guy but he's good at all Pit's bad matchups. (I handle MK's with my Pit. Can't get better unless you play MK's XD) He's great against G&W, Falco, and obviously 50/50 against Marth :p. I was trying G&W but I was horrible with him. Or either I won't secondary anyone and just stick with Pit the whole way.
BTW even though I voted yes I'm nuetral on the MK ban.
Play DK. Pit can beat Falco and DK straight up beats Marth and G&W

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
You have a lot of contradictions in your post.

1st contradiction
you say NO pit seconds mk because there pit isnt good enuff. Than you say rogue CPs jash with MK cuz his pit wasnt ready.

2nd contradiction
By your logic everyone should main MK because MK ALWAYS has a better chance of beating someone. if u didnt know, this would be supporting the pro ban side. FYI

yes thanks for clarifying that rogue chose MK cuz he felt like his pit would lose. man i should second MK and than tell u guys how well i did at a tournament because i used pit once.

3rd contradiction.^

so to summarize what YOU are saying: use mk if u want to win. (supports the proban side)

1) I said he CP'd Mk to completely GAREENTEE victory..He probably could of won with Pit he did already..But it was a 50-50 shot...with MK it prob made it 55:45...Wut fool wouldnt choose MK...

2)No by my logic there is nothing wrong with having Meta as a second main...I can play with Meta but i kno that i have a better shot at beating pllz with Pit that dont kno the matchup...and btw i am pro ban

3)....I did not say his Pit would lose and he only used MK that one time i believe.. Its not like he used mk the whole time and Pit once and in the results Pit was next to his name...

TO summarize wut im saying use any means necessary to win and dont be ignorant and go Pit vs a bad matchup when they kno the Pit matchup...Nothing is wrong with having Meta as a back up or even snake for that matter...

~L to read ICE CREAM CONE~

kown

Smash Lord
Well you're not doing a very good job of "debating" either way. I wouldn't even call what you're doing "debating." The word "debate" usually refers to thoughtful argument. You offer contractions and regurgitation of propaganda.

You're doing the "less popular side" a major disservice. Their side, I'll admit, is a lot more based in reason than whatever it is you're trying to say. If your posts were to represent them the pro-ban side would be literally laughed at.

Everyone who wants him banned so they personally can do better? Yes.

Whether or not you "know" doesn't enter into it. It's about your reasons for preferring the ban. Giving your own potential success as a reason is selfish and scrubby. It's as if you'd like the whole game to be built around you.

Man if I really wanted to just insult you there's a whole list of nasty things I could call you. God knows you'd deserve it, seeing as most of your argument from the beginning has consisted of calling me "dumb." I'll be nice, though.

Is that why Ally picks Metaknight? :rolleyes:

You remember what I said about propaganda?

The title of the book aside... try reading it. That was the reason I posted it. You might find it enlightening.

Lulwhut. *points at R@vyn's post*

No offense to Dojo but when people say "best brawl player" nobody thinks "Dojo." Not right now anyway. Not to mention the fact that Dojo plays Metaknight. Is he exempt from your rule or does he need to 'get some skill" too?

I'm curious.... who does Dojo play in Xyro's MK-banned tournaments? Does he enter?

What? I'm wrong for "trying to prove an opinion?" What exactly the **** do you think you're doing? Building a bridge?

Edit:

Also, to clear things up: M2K is moving to Cleveland. I remember hearing a rumor that Ally is moving to somewhere in Michigan. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

yes I am not debating because i havent said anything pro ban metaknight <_<. I have always been discussing your reasons to why YOU guys want metaknight to stay.

err...you still havent proven that Texas is behind the metagame <_<. Im sorry but we are the SECOND best state.

uh. why did you bring dojo into this conversation?...i have no idea.
did i say dojo had no skill? ummk
he uses kriby/diddy.

yes i know ally uses snake but hes not the best person imo.

If i were to debate i would say stuff like :
look at tournament placings and count the amount of mks in the top 4.
Mk is the only char where you can lose and be smarter than your opponent.
MK has the adv. in all matchups 95% of the time.
MK has no hard but he has 1 or 2 soft counters.
Mk cant be stage counterpicked....err maybe like 1? but that is pushing it.
etc.

go ahead and insult me....I mean since ive been doing it this whole time <_<.

TO summarize wut im saying use any means necessary to win and dont be ignorant and go Pit vs a bad matchup when they kno the Pit matchup...Nothing is wrong with having Meta as a back up or even snake for that matter...

~L to read ICE CREAM CONE~

yes main mk.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
MK has no hard but he has 1 or 2 soft counters.
Wait...who are these "soft counters" the characters who do best against MK in my opinion might be Falco and Wario, but they don't counter him in any way, just 45:55 MK favor thing.

Top Bottom