• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
A lot of smashers tend to forget that character choice is one aspect of teams, but the overall skill and chemistry of the players has a MUCH more significant impact than the team combination.

I'll agree w/ MK being Pit's most solid character choice. I can't say he's solely the best choice in every situation because of varying playstyles and a lot of other factors, but he's the most PROVEN character, especially by looking @ Pit's doubles results on my thread.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit on teams can work well with.

Mk, Snake, Wario, Marth, G&W, Lucario, Rob, Luigi, Lucas, and Fox. Those who have amazing kill moves work well with pit. I happen to know about teaming with Pit's and Teaming with Marth's.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Why dont no one agree with Pit Falco! I mean inf lazor lock and chaingrab bounce eachother... projectile spam!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ptzr, you forgot kirby and dk.

@abel, luigi dthrow>pit footstool>fireball lock infinite is just as good as lazer lock infinite except it's with luigi so in dubz it's better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I haven't posted around here for some time for various reasons, and though it seems some stuff have happened in the previous 2 months based on all the threads and some being closed and all, I suppose I can still say that as of today, it's now Brawl's 3-year anniversary, for the U.S. that is.

Anyone care to fill me in on anything recent around here for old times?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well, I haven't posted around here for some time for various reasons, and though it seems some stuff have happened in the previous 2 months based on all the threads and some being closed and all, I suppose I can still say that as of today, it's now Brawl's 3-year anniversary, for the U.S. that is.

Anyone care to fill me in on anything recent around here for old times?
New mu thread held by me. And instead of a video thread we now have our own Youtube page for all pit matches i started as well. Maha did a cg thread. We've discussed interesting new finds. etc etc.

link2702

Smash Champion
45-55 IMO

maybe its not dead even but its close enough.

we screw up snakes nade game, and camping game in general, the fact that we ruin snakes camping game and force him to approach us means that we've already put a big hurt on him, we still have to be careful when he's up close cuz of the short range on our attacks, vs the WTF range on his, and also cuz he's got crazy killing powere where we hardly have any at all....

but once we get him off stage the **** can begin.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
and we have a cg on him that lets us get him off stage way easier than a lot of the cast. and his main approach, mortor slide, is totally unsafe against us. we could simply shoot him, reflect the mortor, or use that in place pivot grab technique to abuse our broken reverse grab range and snag him out of it.

and besides, everyone not named ike, dk, or high damaged lucario has problems killing snake. so it's not like we all haven't adapted to that by now. imo it's all in the cp stage that makes it in whoever's favor

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Still isnt halberd, snakes best stage, beneficial for us as well? And we also have stages like japes to cp against him. It was probably just snake main bias as he is a better character overall and actually has placings unlike Pit.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just wondering how well pit does on a team with Ness. tbh, I've never really been a fan of having a teammate fill my bucket, so I'm looking at other characters I play.

Other ideas are Toon Link (which I'd have to put a lot of work into to make half-decent) which seems interesting, or Lucario, which I've never really liked playing in teams.

Oh, or Ganon, but he doesn't really have any synergy with Pit. Pit really can't keep people away from Ganon well enough for that to work, the way I see it. Especially since my region is full of double MK teams and MK-Snake.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pit & Ness could be interesting. Angel ring could trap them in a multitude of PK fires and an offstage pk flash on Pit's shield will double the already insane power it has plus extend the hitbox. Ness also has some good throws Pit can get combos off of.

I've tried out Pit & TL in tournament. The spam works really well if both teammates are on one side, but other than that there really is no synergy plus with all that spam hitting your teammate is bound to happen sometime and it can have fatal results.

Pit can mirror shield ganon's pivot warlock punch and blow people off screen. :awesome:

link2702

Smash Champion
does that really actually work? i mean i know pit can mirror shield it and kill ganon instantly on eldin bridge...but....can it be mirror shielded and have it hit an oppenent? like does the hitbox still last long enough for it to hit someone after pit reflects it and sends ganon zooming across stage....?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So it's not as bad as I thought.

I only see the MU with Snake being 55:45 their favor only because of us being out-ranged and the KOing difficulty we have against him compared compared to Snake against us, well, aside from the gimping part if it's still as effective as it used to be.

You're better off banning Halberd against him at all times (at least, I do), considering Snake has so many good vertical KO-based moves, and with Halberd's seemingly low horizontal KOing areas (for vertical KOs), that obviously is bad. In other words, you'll most likely die quicker than usual due to being vertically KO'd, let alone U-tilt's existence. That's just me, not like it matters much, I guess...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

I only see the MU with Snake being 55:45 their favor only because of us being out-ranged and the KOing difficulty we have against him compared compared to Snake against us, well, aside from the gimping part if it's still as effective as it used to be.

You're better off banning Halberd against him at all times (at least, I do), considering Snake has so many good vertical KO-based moves, and with Halberd's seemingly low horizontal KOing areas (for vertical KOs), that obviously is bad. In other words, you'll most likely die quicker than usual due to being vertically KO'd, let alone U-tilt's existence. That's just me, not like it matters much, I guess...
Our moveset allows us to out maneuver him sooooo much tho which is why i think its even as well. I mean we have plenty of options against him and we juggle him sooooo harrrrrd its not even funny. Pit juggles him almost as bad as mk.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
does that really actually work? i mean i know pit can mirror shield it and kill ganon instantly on eldin bridge...but....can it be mirror shielded and have it hit an oppenent? like does the hitbox still last long enough for it to hit someone after pit reflects it and sends ganon zooming across stage....?
Nah, I was joking lol. I tested it with bloodynite. It increases the length of the punch by about 3 feet or so with Ganon and Falcon's reverse punch. I mean you could mindgame people into it because they will probably run towards ganon since it LOOKS like he is about to punch you and then you pull out the mirror shield

That's why we're under the stage sharking him during the low ceiling part half the time and shooting him with arrows the other half.

So anyone know the timing to reverse fox/falco phantasism?
There is no timing, it can't be reversed because he is too fast and goes through us. Use angel ring on it and you can stop them so they fall down and have to use fire fox and then you can mirror shield that.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Just wondering how well pit does on a team with Ness. tbh, I've never really been a fan of having a teammate fill my bucket, so I'm looking at other characters I play.

Other ideas are Toon Link (which I'd have to put a lot of work into to make half-decent) which seems interesting, or Lucario, which I've never really liked playing in teams.

Oh, or Ganon, but he doesn't really have any synergy with Pit. Pit really can't keep people away from Ganon well enough for that to work, the way I see it. Especially since my region is full of double MK teams and MK-Snake.
ONE CHARACTER! ONE!!!!!!

10chars

link2702

Smash Champion
actuallly....you can reverse falcos and fox's side bs wwiht pits mirror....but you have to be right in their face to do it.

i've done it...once against a falco

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I think you can do it, but it's very situational, you practically have to be right on top of them when they actually put the input in...

I could be wrong but if someone claims to have done it... (shrugs)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Help :p

Anyone here have windows movie maker that could do a quick job for me? Or some video editing software? Its a simple audio overlay. Let me know it would be much appreciated.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just throwing this out, because I was bored and tested it.

Ness PK Flash kills Bowser at 6% reflected.

So if you can shield break both your opponents, or it's 1v2

You win.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a big tourney (in Europe) tomorrow. There will be a Livestream most likely. And there will be one other Pit Main apart from me, let's see how far we can get.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game

i main goku, black mage (got to unlock him. you can go to options and save your progress).

ima gonna start having tournies out here and this is gonna be a side even at all of them.

seriously i've already studied these characters in depth. ichigo is the best character imo but everyone is still able to be played at an equal level and no1 has perfect match ups.

if you can master playingn tails on a key board, he is the actual best character but he is too hard for me to use on key board.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't remember, I think it was 60% or something ridiculous.

I remember playing against a friend of mine who mains Mario, and he just sort of stood there as I fully charged PK Flash near the centre of Hyrule Castle 64 (the first proper 3D version from way back) and I was thinking, lol wut are you doing.

He caped and killed me. Or he would have but I ragequit in time. PK Flash da bess.

Or it would be if it weren't slower than Warlock Punch.

Top Bottom