• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee™

I need it....
Does Pit even hard counter any character? It seems most character boards have him as a small disadvantage at the most. Pit has quite a few neutral match-ups, which often get skewed into the other's advantage.
Well to be fair, hard counters are hard to come by. Pit doesn't have any real huge advantages over any other characters that would make him a hard counter.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Pit seem a lot average in matchup most of his are neutral or little advantage but he has better matchup than say Fox

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I would take a bunch of neutrals and small advantages over a few hard counters and several disadvantages any day. Pit does okay in every match-up other than Meta Knight and can easily sway the match in his favor if played right. There's no need for Pit to be like Meta Knight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit does better against Marth then people think, but Marth is still a tough, well rounded customer. Falco easily juggled and even easier to gimp. Fast Pits eat Falcos for breakfast. A smart Pit player who isn't self-conscious enough to not spam arrows will have a very easy time against the best DKs out there. Powershields, Arrows and Gimping make DK Pit's best match-up in the game. (when taking tiers into account)

And any Pit main who thinks R.O.B. easily gimps Pit should find a new character. Seriously, it's not that hard to avoid R.O.B.'s linear projectiles. Oh, and that's only if you're recovering with the WoI. Just make sure you're not hit out of your glide. -_-

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
ROB is seriously, annoying, or maybe it's my Great Depression that's weakening me.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Seriously? R.O.B. is so easy to juggle so long as you're patient and look out for his Nair.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I mean I can beat ROB, i just get very angry at his projectiles and Dsmash, and some aerials.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Rob is fun to play.

In a month i should ahve vids up...so be patient until than
yes! ill be takin you to OHSNAP 4 with me. ill be following you with my GFs pink camera. plz do well, these boards need to see how bad you are.

and admiral.........plz just quit playing smash. plz

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
^Comment above is from a piece of trash... And I'm in no mood for nothing. This grand depression is affecting me too much, but at least I could win again EPF again... barely...
And now Im dropping Bowser, but still keeping Wolf as a Second.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This will make you guys both "lol" and feel better.

1. if pit spaces correctly screw attack does not work. h3ll a single jab messes up samus up+b. and if you arnt spacing right in BRAWL....then your pretty **** bad.

2. zair is a HIGHLY predictable move. you have to be dumb to not adapt to it. and im talkin its so predictable it only take a few matches to see the many different types of ays it can be used........or just screw all of what i said and power shield. power shielding is easy in this game.

3. learn to shade and buffer correctly

4. arrows have a freakin sick advantage over zair any day. its faster and can be tilted. it can be looped and can be used to gimp better than zair can(zair can only TRULY gimp while off the stage...pit can be on or off). not to mention u can recover while arrowing far mor times than i can zair while recovering.

5. if your a trashy pit your recovery may be ***** by samus. pit can go under levels and grab ledges faster than samus can run. i could stop here. however, theres more. if you arrow spam while recovering that also can stop samus in her tracks or slow her down. h3ll, u can glide if need be without getting punished.

6. attack speed? thats a general statement. which attacks? u cant say "all or pits are slower than samus's attacks" because thats a flat out lie. there are a select few. but where it counts....pits killing moves are faster and break thru samus's ****.

7. priority cannot be argued. pit has this one hands down. with the exceptions of samus u-air or taunt.

8. over all samus has more projectiles.....so if u compare that to pits arrows....then yes samus wins.

9. this may be an opinion thing but i feel pits attacks in the air are far better than samus... 2 or 3 of them are multi hitting attacks which can lead into good stuff. bair comes out fast and can kill easily. dair is a good fast attack that gets te foe away from you. samus had 2 good air moves. up-air and fair....thats it. the rest can be used to do cool stuff but in the end its fair and upair that are used/liked the most.

10. in the future pit is going to soar in the tourney rankings. i think hes a good character that isnt fully discovered yet. i think the same with peach and fox. these chars will start doing better as time goes on.

I especially liked the "jab beats screw attack" part.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He must be mad... But now I got some data against Spammus.

But anyways I do think about making a discussion on Pit in 2v2s, how well does he do with a certain partner, while also considering Team Attack on (or off, both are different)
How well does Pit do in 2v2s? He seems more of a Damage-racking supporting character rather than the hammer to KO opponents.
I thought about it after remembering how good EPF and I did against some opponents a month ago as Double Pit, then my Pit with his Peach, and I still got both them replays.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol You shouldn't take his post seriously. It's so off I'm not sure if he was even being serious.

kown

Smash Lord
xyro isnt serious when he says that your bad admp. Hes really kool in real life...he just doesn't care about online posting.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Silly kown spending his time in school to defend xyro and explain to ADM that online persona is just for fun rather then, learning how to build a rocket to fly 30ft in the air for his science class.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Seriously, Snake would actually drop immensely in the Tier List if this was implemented. lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol yup! Snake actually has some good combo's. Im just not a good snake player to find them.

MK will drop. MK's combo game isnt unique anymore and his combos arent even that good compared to the rest since his air speed is horrible.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This will never be implemented as anything more then a side event, but I can imagine how broken this will make Pit's arrows. =P (referring to the wavedashing hack)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Not sure if that was in response to my post. What I meant was that the WaveDash hack makes it so you go unresponsive after you airdodge. No more people dodging the arrows while off the stage. =P

kown

Smash Lord
im not sure if this is right but one main reason why it won't ever be used in brawl is because u can only hack a maximum of two at a time. so if you wanted to pick another char than you would have to reset the wii and add in the new code...and one mistake in the code is easily made.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Not sure if that was in response to my post. What I meant was that the WaveDash hack makes it so you go unresponsive after you airdodge. No more people dodging the arrows while off the stage. =P
Yea, which is why i dont support that hack atm.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
I was referred to be active here by a good friend Admiral Pit, and would like to say hi to all of you ^^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's Haven up there, a very good Pit that is unique, and can counter me quickly in Pit dittos.
I hope you other angels will give him a nice welcome... Im serious, he's a great Pit. You other Angels should see him copying my Arrow Swarming of some sort.
We seem quite equal, with my arrow capabilities and his Great Close-combat capabilities.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You'll love it here. This place is like Heaven for Pits, oh wait, it we live in Skyworld, that is Heaven!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
dear god...not two admp's.
10admps jk >_<

Currently I dropped Bowser, though I missed him, I just dont think he's gonna be that good against them projectile spammin annoyances, like Link or ROB.
BTW, find my video thread for a special Vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom