• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
*Goes to watch japanese videos*

DDD in D rank and peach second to last are probably most surprising to me.

By the way, I think we should make a chatroom for the Pit boards.

Coffee™

I need it....
If you find any worthwhile vids post em'. I tried looking for some but got no worthwhile results.

The chat is also a good idea but didn't the Pit boards have one before iirc?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
She's with me like I said. So as the Admiral of the Heavens (title pending), please show her some respect.

I also thought about us angels uniting, and thinking about different sections or something. It's like in some sort of game where different generals using different weapons get together or something.

Admiral Pit
Color: Gold
Specialty: Arrows, Wing Tech Mindgames, Multi-strategy
Abilities: Arrow Superiority, Wing/Arrow Mindgames, Various Strategies, 1v1 experience
Weakness: FFAs, Distractions + Items, Pressure, Shieldgrabs, LAG, Spikes, certain spam, Top tiers, Stallers/campers/runners, Most speedy opponents

This angel is very unique compared to others. Being a Pit that has looped arrows for 6 months as of now, he has great experience with it. In addition, he has used Arrow Rain for 5 months, and has been the first Pit to use Arrow Rain in competitive battles.
Being a Pit mainer for 8 months now, Admiral Pit is determined and usually confident and aggressive in battle. He adapts differently depending on the character he's facing. He enjoys Pit dittos often.

He also has an average Bowser that knows about infinite jumping and chaingrabbing, and an average Wolf.

He lacks Tournament experience, and does not like FFA matches or Items. He prefers 1v1 stock matches.
In 2v2s (TA attack included) he does not like having an Ike or Snake for a partner.

He generally has different strategies that he can use against opponents. Here are a few examples:

Wing Surge Strategy: Admiral Pit uses his Wings a lot, but it's not as easy as it sounds. He mixes Wingdashing, Winglunging, and Winglanding/Divebombing together to trick the opponent as well as exerting pressure. Opponents who are not cautious may end up doing the wrong move, and Admiral Pit can capitalize.

Mantis (Name pending): Waiting like a Mantis, Admiral Pit waits patiently for the opponent to come to him, then attack. He will use some arrows and reflectors if needed. He sometimes pursues the opponent, but not often. He seems more cautious when doing this. He sometimes uses Mirror Shield somewhat often if his opponent has a projectile.

Unringed: A strategy that is rarely used. This is when Admiral Pit uses No-to-rarely Arrows in this strategy. He will lack some gimping capabilities that of which arrows provide, but will increase his capabilities in close-combat.

Admiral Pit does not like many characters, especially Top tiers. Sometimes his pressure can be quickly stopped by Shieldgrabs. If he is somewhat holding fear of defeat, or is having major problems that he is afraid to approach, he may resort to his ledgecamping skills to slowly catch up. He hates items a lot since he thinks there's no skill in them.
In some of his spare time, he likes to train other Pits or spar with them, as well as strengthening their arrow looping and wingdashing.

Something like that or something. Maybe I'm just in my own world. I could imagine though, if a Pit is good in a certain area that another Pit isn't, that can be beneficial. Now imagine that with a lot of Pits gathered together. They can be united... The United Angels! Together we will guide each other and become more powerful than we are alone! Palutena will guide us as well to the light of victory!

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Admiral was that posted in the wrong place or something? Sounds cool but I don't know why you gave a biography all of a sudden :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nope, that's like my little angelic profile up there.
An army of angels having profiles like that seems interesting.
I bet Undr would have "The Ultimate Arrow" somewhere in his profile

Tulat

Smash Cadet
thats not why its just cause i was busy brawlin and stuff..... also call me Sophia
Also how do you Arrow-Stick, i did it one time by accident but couldint again

G~Night fellow angels

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Arrow-Stick? No idea. I've never managed to pull that off or was even aware of it aside from setting the C-Stick to Special and hitting it diagonally upwards.

And Kown I was making fun of you guys. Had I wanted to flirt with anyone it would've been different from my typical behavior. And as you know, I live by making fun of you dullards. ^_^

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I think arrow-stick = sticky arrows, and as I said before it takes too much effort to gain little to nothing.

To stick an arrow succesfully you need to have perfect arrow control as well as perfect spacing/timing (those two go hand in hand) you need to hit the corner of a hitbox on stage. doesnt matter what coner as long as it is a corner. But more importantly it needs to be when the arrows tip is tangent to that corner on that specific frame (like a phantom hit) that way the game does not recognize that the arrow hit the corner and allows the arrow to keep moving, but it cant so it stays in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SPNKMNpxaY - this video shows a spot to sticky arrow on GreenGreens. It can be done on both sides.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182130 - this thread should shed some more light on sticky arrows, and how no body wants to master it

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh that! I've done it once on accident on the platform in Jungle Japes. It lasted but I was in a match I didn't want to lose. Do the hitboxes stay with the arrows? If so that would be interesting.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
yes the hitboxes are still there and you can still controll them so you have to becareful it you want them to stay in place.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I told you Sophia was sweet, but as for the Arrow sticking, i never done it before, and i probably wont focus on it. Im focused on that new arrow blitz thing that i still cant do well on.

As for Undr, Im still eagar for that wifi thing soon. Trust me. It's good

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh I can tell that you're good. Not sure if it translates off of Wifi yet, but I know you're a beast on Wifi.

And when I did it, the arrow did eventually die away. But I fought normally for a good while before it vanished.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Great kown you little punk! Now Tulat's request for a Wifi game is on the previous page! No one will see it and it's ALL your fault! That's not how we treat new members kown!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was trying to make you feel bad... I won't let you win this Kown. No Undrling of mine will ever get the better of me!

kown

Smash Lord
Undrling or not the student always surpasses the teacher....and its been about 8 months since than so id say ive surpassed u. haha

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

*Gasps*

Why are you angels fighting among each other?

BTW, Sophia (Tulat) is mine <3

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That image is freaking me out man. If only it wasn't so accurate. Brawl needs an anime.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Lol! so I come back to see everyone flirting with tulat (sophia). Not trying to be mean or anything sophia, but you sound a little young, like in the 12-14 area. Am I right?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*tries to defend Sophia*
She's still with me... but anyways her title would be "Angel of Love" (Again, she's mine >_<)
And my title is "Admiral of the Heavens"

I need to change my title, and i gave replays to various Pit players, like Sage, Undr, and Kown, perhaps my new angelic title can be somewhat based on my style? Any help?

And Undr seems nervous about the Pit pic I put at #1746

BTW, Sage, make sure your 1000th post is on the Pit boards. When it is, we should celebrate!
I'll probably find another interesting Pit picture.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wow, you responded fast, but I look forward to it, plus u should be on AIM more often so u wont consume Posts for my question, the one about my umm, Title change. It's because some1 is making me a sig and I wish to have text with that new title of mine.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Sorry. Like i said. I got caught up in tennis season (senior year so it was kinda important to me). I'll start playing more and posting vids though ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom