• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I haven't been keeping up with this, but has "All Troops, Move Out!" been used yet? Fits both Admiral's name and Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It doesnt seem as fancy as Sagemoon's "Feathers of Fate" but I'll probably use it if I got nothing else.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I think your video's name should have something to do with your very unique playstyle with arrows and all. And the fact that your Pit is gold.

On another note, I went to a tournament yesterday and got wrecked twice in a set by someone's Donkey Kong. Now I feel bad for not reading up on the matchup thread.
I noticed while playing friendlies that in tournament settings I have this insatiable desire to fire arrow after arrow to keep my opponent away, and I decided to tone it down just because I stupidly felt this feeling of being overly spammy. But then on my second singles tourney match Donkey Kong happened.

Jesus. I need to realize that if it works I should abuse it.

kown

Smash Lord
im hoping to go to Oh Snap...which is in oklahoma...i think the texas crew is going to represent... if your going tell me! i gotta convince my mom tho... :(

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Man, I feel like I haven't gotten any better for months... Does anyone else feel like this? What can I do?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's lack of melee range compared to most chars (Even Bowser) Makes it hard for Pit to approach without arrows. More Combo vid name suggestions?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think your video's name should have something to do with your very unique playstyle with arrows and all. And the fact that your Pit is gold.

On another note, I went to a tournament yesterday and got wrecked twice in a set by someone's Donkey Kong. Now I feel bad for not reading up on the matchup thread.
I noticed while playing friendlies that in tournament settings I have this insatiable desire to fire arrow after arrow to keep my opponent away, and I decided to tone it down just because I stupidly felt this feeling of being overly spammy. But then on my second singles tourney match Donkey Kong happened.

Jesus. I need to realize that if it works I should abuse it.
If Only the others had the thought to understand THAT part that of which I boldened and gave me such epic Pit Combo Vid names, I wouldnt struggle as much.
As for the DK, yes, use arrows, and dont hesitate. It should disrupt his chances of chargin up his punch, and be sure to perform the F-throw Chaingrab whenever possible.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Are there any really good Pits that play online at all!? I can't find anyone decent to play against...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Are there any really good Pits that play online at all!? I can't find anyone decent to play against...
*Points at self*

I am now to add that there is a new Pit that I faced that I believe is even better than mine, despite my unique style.

His name is Haven, found him on Wiipals. He uses different colored Pits, seen him use blue, green, white, and black, but it seems that blue is his main color.

He does use Wingdashing in his battles, adapts quickly, knows about arrow looping and can even mimic some of my newer arrow tricks, but he still could not perform Arrow Rain, can he?
Apparently this Pit does really well in close-combat, and he does pretty well at predicting my Wing Surge strategy's movement and counters me usually.

The one thing I do see is that he does struggle a bit against my ledgecamping.
I do notice that all of our matches are over 3 mins, a few even reached 6 mins. If only some of our matches were recorded...

Haven really should be one of us. He could stop me quite easily, and not many Pits have done that. Sure I could hold my own for a short time, win like 3 outta 7-8 matches, but still, he wins majority of matches. I should see if he wants to come with us other angels.
He's a great Online Pit, like me, though I doubt myself after consecutive losses, but I enjoy playing him.

Also, I'm currently leaning towards "Heaven's Universe" on the combo vid name. I needs more suggestions while I have some1 make the trailer. A list of possible names based on my style and such is what I ask for.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit's lack of melee range compared to most chars (Even Bowser) Makes it hard for Pit to approach without arrows. More Combo vid name suggestions?
Even though Pit is outranged by several characters in close combat, I still feel he is quite safe. Pit's attacks (particularly his F-smash and D-smash) are all quick on execution and lack noticeable lag afterwards. I think Pit's pretty good at punishing out of a shield or dodge.

Coffee™

I need it....
More or less yea, Pit can punish OoS but in terms of just approaching he isn't that good as you can't exactly approach with his smashes.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
More or less yea, Pit can punish OoS but in terms of just approaching he isn't that good as you can't exactly approach with his smashes.
That is why Pit is so reliant on camping. He forces the opponent to approach and then capitalizes on their mistakes. A campy Pit is a force to be reckoned with, despite what most people think.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I think we should have some kind of informal wifi round robin tourney again, so we can see where everyone is at in terms of level of play. And just for kicks.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I could do that. I want to try this new tourney maker software I got anyhow. I was thinking round robin but I think that will take really really long, so double elimination (or triple elimination for more games) sounds good. How long did the last one take, kown?

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I could do that. I want to try this new tourney maker software I got anyhow. I was thinking round robin but I think that will take really really long, so double elimination (or triple elimination for more games) sounds good. How long did the last one take, kown?
Yes! That'd be so fun (But we should do double-elimination like you said) I would REALLY enjoy that!

kown

Smash Lord
like 2 months with like 8 ppl. double elimination...so sad.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
LOL 2 months.... Well I guess I will just have to try it out and I'll DQ people if it gets really bad. I'm posting on my wifi friendlies thread if anyone is interested.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I really want to see Sage's Pit more. I even asked SK92 on AIB ladder & he said Sage was AMAZING. So if you read this Sage POST MORE VIDS! XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Currently going with "Heaven's Divine Universe"
And I have to confess about yesterday's misfortune.

EPF and I had a ton of matches, first 5 was MK, I barely beat the MK everytime. Then he brung out Pit for the last 21 matches, and I lost every Pit ditto.
He tells me that he could predict me so well is why I lost, and it didnt matter if I was on the offensive or the defensive, or ledgecamping or being aggressive, or just using my fancy arrows and wings, I lost all 21 consecutively.
I still feel depressed after that. I really think I'm just getting weaker. *Lets out tears*

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord

EPF and I had a ton of matches, first 5 was MK, I barely beat the MK everytime. Then he brung out Pit for the last 21 matches, and I lost every Pit ditto.
He tells me that he could predict me so well is why I lost, and it didnt matter if I was on the offensive or the defensive, or ledgecamping or being aggressive, or just using my fancy arrows and wings, I lost all 21 consecutively.
I still feel depressed after that. I really think I'm just getting weaker. *Lets out tears*
Maybe you had a bad day. That happens to me sometimes where I feel as though I'm not doing very well compared to the gameplays I've had before.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
So about Pit matchup against the 7

MK is a bad matchup maybe Pit hardest
Snake I think he has slight advantage or even
DDD is your best matchup in the top
G&W is a bad matchup and he nulifies Pit projectiles
Falco too is bad since he force to approach
Marth is bad because of the zoning
Rob I don't know but I think he has the advantage because of his gimping

So Pit Win only against DDD? Discuss

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
So about Pit matchup against the 7

MK is a bad matchup maybe Pit hardest
Snake I think he has slight advantage or even
DDD is your best matchup in the top
G&W is a bad matchup and he nulifies Pit projectiles
Falco too is bad since he force to approach
Marth is bad because of the zoning
Rob I don't know but I think he has the advantage because of his gimping

So Pit Win only against DDD? Discuss
Meta Knight is the hardest match-up, for sure. Most Pit mains will agree that they have the advantage over Snake. Dedede is a easy one. Game & Watch is possibly his second hardest. Falco is more or less neutral actually. Pit doesn't have to approach, and Falco mains have a hard time forcing the chain grab on Pit. Pit can just play it safe and have the upperhand in this match. Top players (including M2K) either say that it's even or a slight advantage either way with Marth. R.O.B. was decided as neutral, I believe. All in all, I feel that Pit's disadvantages are blown way out of proportion. He is certainly viable against any of the Top 7 when played carefully (read: campy).

You make it sound like I was being mean. :(

But there wasn't anything wrong with your style, it's simply how you apply yourself in the match. When you play, you put more emphasis on hitting the opponent and not getting hit yourself, which is good, but you must focus on other important things such as.

-DI'ing attacks right; Knowing how and when to DI
-Hitbox distances; Spacing
-Timing: Essential to knowing when to hit the opponent
-Ledge Tech
-Mix ups
-Knowing when to recover and how.
-Mindgames; Generally getting the opponent to do what you want to do whether it be a bluff or changing tactics mid match.

Basically, you are doing fine game plat wise, but you're too strait forward. Don't worry about the character you're playing as and worry about you.

=)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Currently going with "Heaven's Divine Universe" as a combo vid title.

As for the top tier matchup garbage, I hate em all, but Dedede seems easy.
EDIT: As for EPF, I really do need more help... I need to get over this depression soon, it's even affecting on how my Bowser and Wolf plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom