• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koskinator Vs. Alphican ($20 MM)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lolol
I never did get a chance to see these. I went and played friendlies instead xD
Good stuff Kosk

It was a $20 MM btw

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lolol yeah it was fun to watch, funner to commentate. xD

You guys should see the sign Kosk had on top of the TV LOL.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
That "Forward Smash Combo" is pure ****!

Kosk's Ganon is mad skilled.
Ironicly enough though, he rarely WKC or Flipman.
Nor does he care about his RCO lag.

But then again, he still ***** more than any other Ganon, so it doesn't matter.

1:32 of the 3'rd match... Was that a glitch, or did you just teleport onto the stage from the ledge without Airdodging?

TP

Smash Master
1:32 of the 3'rd match... Was that a glitch, or did you just teleport onto the stage from the ledge without Airdodging?
It looks like he did an iDJ and the stage tilted into him during it, catching him. Very interesting.

:034:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah. I gave him a lot of pointers when I was watching him play during brawl singles.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
That "Forward Smash Combo" is pure ****!

Kosk's Ganon is mad skilled.
Ironicly enough though, he rarely WKC or Flipman.
Nor does he care about his RCO lag.

But then again, he still ***** more than any other Ganon, so it doesn't matter.

I have to agree 100% with this.

It's seems that Kosk has something interesting to recover from the Ledge without Airdodge.

Just Imagine, Ganon recovering from the ledge without any Risk.

Sounds Interesting.

Kosk is very Objective and almost NEVER LOST his Focus during the battle.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
O_O

DAAAAAAYUM.

Koskinator's taunts in game 1 have the PK-ow! seal of approval. Taunting with $20 on the line and not getting punished. That is HOW YOU ***** DO IT, PEOPLE. :colorful:

Yeah! :laugh:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
At 1:32 in that video I definitely did not iDJ. I did a ledgejump and like, spammed flame choke as I did it. Methinks there may be an undiscovered AT if you ledgejump and hold down you stay put maybe? test test test test

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
It looks like he did an iDJ and the stage tilted into him during it, catching him. Very interesting.

I think Twilight Prince has it here, because I did the exact same thing on that stage during a friendly a couple of days ago and everyone, including myself, was so confused by it. It does involve jumping from the ledge, and it did have to do with the stage, but I don't know what else I did.

Kosk gets my approval from the glorious amount of taunts he did during those matches.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Kosk's Choke was just caught by the stage tilting, resulting somehow in a grounded Choke rather than an aerial one.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Kosk's Choke was just caught by the stage tilting, resulting somehow in a grounded Choke rather than an aerial one.

It's obviously this.

You can flame choke the moment you're above stage level from a ledgejump, so the stage tilted up into the choke.
If the platform moved up into an aerial choke, what would you, as the programmer, think should happen? *shrug*

:046:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm not to sure about that theory.
As far as I'm concerned, if you've already begun the Aerudo, it can't just turn into a Gerudo.

If you Aerudo a little to high to catch a ledge, Ganon teleports up slighty and the Aerudo continues on stage, with his feet touching the ground.

I you Aerudo into a upwards slope, the exact same thing happens.

Something must have happened BEFORE Kosk pressed side+B.
If you study the scenario again, you can clearly see that he lands before the Gerudo starts.
(White smoke puffs)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Brawl is glitchy in that some ledgejump animations can immediately land on sloped terrain. The most famous example of this is on the right side of Yoshi's, where G&W can cancel his ledgejump on the slope.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm not to sure about that theory.
As far as I'm concerned, if you've already begun the Aerudo, it can't just turn into a Gerudo.

If you Aerudo a little to high to catch a ledge, Ganon teleports up slighty and the Aerudo continues on stage, with his feet touching the ground.

I you Aerudo into a upwards slope, the exact same thing happens.

Something must have happened BEFORE Kosk pressed side+B.
If you study the scenario again, you can clearly see that he lands before the Gerudo starts.
(White smoke puffs)
What about after the side-B but before he started moving?

I should have said that's what I meant.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Brawl is glitchy in that some ledgejump animations can immediately land on sloped terrain. The most famous example of this is on the right side of Yoshi's, where G&W can cancel his ledgejump on the slope.
The same thing happens on Picto as Jigglypuff due to her weight.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
While we're on the topic of un-repeatable techs, I've platform-cancelled a aerial wiz kick on battlefield's left platform.

...Never did it again.

TP

Smash Master
While we're on the topic of un-repeatable techs, I've platform-cancelled a aerial wiz kick on battlefield's left platform.

...Never did it again.
That would be so useful.... Was there a Mario or Squirtle involved?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
That would be so useful.... Was there a Mario or Squirtle involved?

No, I believe I was playing a metaknight or DDD. I was falling over the left platform and he was right below me (but still above the platform). I did an aerial wizkick and hit him, then landed on the platform, got the sound effect for the quake, then jumped out of it immediately. :dizzy:

Can't remember the second situation something like this happened in, but I think it was with the Fair.

Top Bottom