• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
It's not KOS-MOS, but I'm pretty happy that Monolith Soft is getting someone.

Also, I'm looking forward to watching Sakurai's small history lesson on Xenoblade in Pyra/Mythra's presentation. Wonder if Xenosaga will be acknowledged at all in that.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I’m ecstatic about the reveal. Like I said one of my wishes if KOS-MOS doesn’t happen was to get Mythra and Pyra Torna style without obnoxious Rex and they did it. I’m happy as hell right now. I couldn’t be there for the reveal so I was an hour late but I’m happy like crazy I’m just too happy right now.

As for our girl don’t count her out just yet... she’s namco remember? I have been telling you all along her best shot was namco andI don’t think they’d have a mii costume unless it was Re KOS-MOS. It’s possible it’ll happen and we will cry when we get there but hold on for the moment. She’s not even a stage cameo and Sakurai kinda teased the multiverse with Pyra and Shulk knowing eachother in the trailer. As the craziest xeno fan I can say that made me very happy. But yeah let’s not throw in the towel unless she’s a mii/spirit.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I’m ecstatic about the reveal. Like I said one of my wishes if KOS-MOS doesn’t happen was to get Mythra and Pyra Torna style without obnoxious Rex and they did it. I’m happy as hell right now. I couldn’t be there for the reveal so I was an hour late but I’m happy like crazy I’m just too happy right now.

As for our girl don’t count her out just yet... she’s namco remember? I have been telling you all along her best shot was namco andI don’t think they’d have a mii costume unless it was Re KOS-MOS. It’s possible it’ll happen and we will cry when we get there but hold on for the moment. She’s not even a stage cameo and Sakurai kinda teased the multiverse with Pyra and Shulk knowing eachother in the trailer. As the craziest xeno fan I can say that made me very happy. But yeah let’s not throw in the towel unless she’s a mii/spirit.
Read my comment on the last page.
I want to add also, this is NOT the end of KOS-MOS, all of those content creators even papa genos MENTIONED HER, even the VGA leaks! got her NOTICED witch means Kos-Mos has recieve the attention!, still i am sad it was not her like i am i am not like very happy for pyra or mythra right now but Xenosaga for me it just holds a very special place as i am a MMO/RPG/ACTION AVENTURE ISEKAI GAMER it has that place for me.

If only NAMCO if only them could just forget about the god damn MONEY and look at this FANBASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN GUARANTEED YOU she would have been revive..... IF ONLY SORAYA SAGA COULD SEES THIS AND ALL OF THE MONOLIFT SOFT COMPANY TO SEE THIS PLAYER BASE/FAN BASE FOR HER!!!!!!........ ;(

Forigve me im devastated but i am happy at least that Pyra is the closets thing we have for Kos-Mos remember her chest is the Zohar Symbol and that right there is reference enough to the almighty XENOSAGA trilogy.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga

if only they could see us...... :(

I want to let you know DInah, i blame Namco and there choices for having Xenosaga in the dust for so many years..... i really but really wanted Kos-Mos in smahs in hopes to revive the trilogy into HD but like i said here NAMCO SAYS MONEY ONLY, they.... THEY IGNORE THIS FAN BASE and its making me so pissed off.... even Monolift that did a art with her in the center and she's still not got the attention instead pyra and mythra joined when she is the real face of it all.........

Please I beg Nintendo to give us a 3rd fighters pass i am here as a Fan of Xenosaga just devastated by how its been treated. and this is my opinion Dinah

Last edited:

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
As much as I wanted KOS-MOS. Can't say i'm disappointed, I never really did think KOS-MOS had a chance so I never got expectations up. The reveal ended up being way better than almost all of what i thought could potentially end up being revealed. I never played xenoblade 2, but I do like Pyra. For me, any chance of me every playing Xenoblade 2 was ruined by Rex which is a character I just absolutely despise. For me, it's impossible to enjoy an rpg with an unlikeable mc which is why I never have and never will play xenoblade 2 despite how much I was interested in characters like Pyra, Pyra in smash means I'll finally be able to play her without the ball and chain holding her down.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
As much as I wanted KOS-MOS. Can't say i'm disappointed, I never really did think KOS-MOS had a chance so I never got expectations up. The reveal ended up being way better than almost all of what i thought could potentially end up being revealed. I never played xenoblade 2, but I do like Pyra. For me, any chance of me every playing Xenoblade 2 was ruined by Rex which is a character I just absolutely despise. For me, it's impossible to enjoy an rpg with an unlikeable mc which is why I never have and never will play xenoblade 2 despite how much I was interested in characters like Pyra, Pyra in smash means I'll finally be able to play her without the ball and chain holding her down.
sigh still if only sakurai for example can confirmed a fighter's pass 3 that would be more hopeful :(

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Now, its just a waiting game for the presentation/KOS-MOS. It's do or die time for her and I couldn't think of a better image LOL.
1613674879134.png

On another note, Does anyone remember Gamexplain's prediction video for The Game Awards 2019? That was the one with KOS-MOS but they also predicted Pyra and Mythra. No Rex, just the Aegis. This is the second time they've pulled this on us with the first one being them predicting Byleth for CP5...

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Considering Pyra and Myrthra don’t have their alts revealed yet, I think it’d be really cool if one of them was based on KOS-MOS and T-ELOS.
Would be a cool consolation prize if she doesn't make it in. I'm guessing these will be their alts though:
  • Default colors
  • Reversed colors
  • Coffee with Milk skins
  • Nia and Dromarch colors
  • Tora and Poppi colors
  • Morag and Brighid colors
  • Zeke and Pandoria colors
  • Swimsuits (Probably censored a bit)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would be a cool consolation prize if she doesn't make it in. I'm guessing these will be their alts though:
  • Default colors
  • Reversed colors
  • Coffee with Milk skins
  • Tora and Poppi colors
  • Morag and Brigid colors
How about Lora and Jin colors as homage to Torna?

Luty

Smash Cadet
  • Default colors
  • Reversed colors
  • Coffee with Milk skins
  • Tora and Poppi colors
  • Morag and Brigid colors
Mythra was censored for this. I doubt they will give her a swimsuit.

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
There could be a offchance that KOS-MOS survives the mii costumes but I'm more worried about her being a spirit tbh. If that happens though they better make her legend class. Anything else is unacceptable!
Imagine how cool it would be if we get KOS-MOS Re: as a spirit and later get KOS-MOS as a playable character. Nobody would see that coming.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll just plagiarize my own response on the Elma thread regarding Kos-Mos chances after Pyra/Mythra, since it's basically the same sentiment.

Even in the already unlikely event we get a pass 3, another Xeno rep still seems unlikely to me. It's just not a big enough franchise that I'd expect Nintendo to want another rep so soon.

But I could be wrong. Trying to predict Nintendo is a fool's game in the end.

Given that I consider Kos-Mos basically deconfirmed already though, I think having some content along with Pyra would be our best hope for Ultimate. It's a harder deconfirm, but the chances of making it as a fighter seem so slim already I'd rather have the consolation prize than go all or nothing.

Luty

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll just plagiarize my own response on the Elma thread regarding Kos-Mos chances after Pyra/Mythra, since it's basically the same sentiment.

Even in the already unlikely event we get a pass 3, another Xeno rep still seems unlikely to me. It's just not a big enough franchise that I'd expect Nintendo to want another rep so soon.

But I could be wrong. Trying to predict Nintendo is a fool's game in the end.

Given that I consider Kos-Mos basically deconfirmed already though, I think having some content along with Pyra would be our best hope for Ultimate. It's a harder deconfirm, but the chances of making it as a fighter seem so slim already I'd rather have the consolation prize than go all or nothing.
Exactly my thoughts on it. Speculation has kinda been a farce this whole time.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So I noticed that the poses of the Pyra/Mythra figurines were referenced in their trailer upon watching it various more times. It seems Nintendo really did use those figures for smash and we weren't crazy to look into why certain characters got figures. Also they were back up on amiami and sold out within seconds the other day when they were revealed. So I think this might be proof Nintendo looks into figures and why they have a market for them.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
For me, any chance of me every playing Xenoblade 2 was ruined by Rex which is a character I just absolutely despise. For me, it's impossible to enjoy an rpg with an unlikeable mc which is why I never have and never will play xenoblade 2 despite how much I was interested in characters like Pyra, Pyra in smash means I'll finally be able to play her without the ball and chain holding her down.
Man... You seriously need to give Rex a chance. Trust me, I know you feel about him because I was the same kind of person before getting Xenoblade 2. It didn't take long for me to see that the hate for him was overblown and purely based on his appearance. There is far more to Rex than what you think. The lad goes through plenty of character development, and he's an all-around great dude without a single shred of malice in him. His only crime is a voice performance that's chalked down to poor voice direction, but even then he has great emotional moments in the game. In fact, his significance in the game is a poignant one, because you get to experience how the world changes around him and the great concern he puts in the livelihood of everyone around him. It's to the point that the game itself is not shy about boggling down Rex's own aspirations to give him a more realistic world view, while still delivering the message that it's OK to be an optimist and to just do the best that you can with the power you gain. I highly recommend the game.

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Here it is lads. The day of Reckoning...

On another note, at least for Eastern time people like me we won't have to wait very long as this is scheduled to air in the morning unlike Sephiroth's presentation which was at 5.

I'm confident in the Lloyd costume coming back with the Aegis. It just makes too much sense considering Xenoblade and Tales are action JRPG's and Pyra/Mythra using two swords like Lloyd. So far in the past. They have spread out only 1 Namco mii for each character with the exception being Sephiroth who didn't come with any Namco mii's, so I'm thinking either KOS-MOS or Lloyd will have to go...hell maybe BOTH will get shafted which would be hilarious, if not depressing for me LOL.

Again, here's to KOS-MOS surviving but don't count on it...she also makes too much sense for a costume...

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Nice, it's right in the first week, and since it's so early maybe it means it could be an instant release. It would be really cool if there was any Xenosaga content in there since both KOS-MOS and T-elos are in XC2 to begin with.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Don't rule out the Monster Hunter armor sets and assume it will be Lloyd. Capcom's costumes have come with characters unrelated to the Megaman franchise, so it's not outside the realm of possibility to expect them for Wave 9.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

On another note, at least for Eastern time people like me we won't have to wait very long as this is scheduled to air in the morning unlike Sephiroth's presentation which was at 5.

I'm confident in the Lloyd costume coming back with the Aegis. It just makes too much sense considering Xenoblade and Tales are action JRPG's and Pyra/Mythra using two swords like Lloyd. So far in the past. They have spread out only 1 Namco mii for each character with the exception being Sephiroth who didn't come with any Namco mii's, so I'm thinking either KOS-MOS or Lloyd will have to go...hell maybe BOTH will get shafted which would be hilarious, if not depressing for me LOL.

Again, here's to KOS-MOS surviving but don't count on it...she also makes too much sense for a costume...
I imagine with 35 mins the odds are incredibly against KOS-MOS not showing up. Lloyd is going to be in this pack as a mii for sure given the JRPG theme but i'm not sure about KOS-MOS still since namco characters have appeared alone in previous packs. Of course those are just patterns until they are not patterns and we might get both. It's going to be a sad day for me and all of us if she gets disconfirmed. I dont think i'd participate in speculation as much as before if she did. I got my 2nd most wanted so I feel there's no point. And if there was a 3rd pass they wouldn't even upgrade her if they are selling us her mii costume now would they?

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788

Well that was fast! I didn't expect it to come this early in March.

For KOS-MOS as a Mii Costume and/or Spirit I say is 50/50 which depends on the situation, if not then I dunno. I also believe Poppy and Zeke would be the most likely to be in the pack of costumes.
I dunno what to expect but nice for everyone to keep low expectations.

And one moe thing. Pay respects to Rex who got Chrom'd in the trailer.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Sakurai referencing Xenogears maybe?!

now give us Xenogears spirits so I can get a remake god damn it SQUARE ENIX

Weltall was the first thing I thought of here but... could be Poppi QTPI as well. Not sure but weltall fits it 100% for me.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Well, unless Sakurai specifically says what it's referencing, I suppose there's no reason it can't just reference both. Who knows, that may even be what he intended.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Weltall was the first thing I thought of here but... could be Poppi QTPI as well. Not sure but weltall fits it 100% for me.
Might just be Poppi QTPi as you mention, but the colors are close enough to Weltall so I can just pretend it is even if it's not intended.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Those colors barely match Poppi while they match Weltall perfectly. The hair isn't even the same

EvCpT3OXEAIotJ8.jpeg

I didn't even think of Poppi until people started talking about her.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Those colors barely match Poppi while they match Weltall perfectly. The hair isn't even the same

View attachment 305039

I didn't even think of Poppi until people started talking about her.
Yeah, the colors don't match Poppi at all in any of the 3 versions.

I.D.

Smash Lord
This tweet from Enel (Big xeno content creator.) makes a lot of sense regarding the alt.
and as many have pointed out, the hair doesn't match Poppi very well but it fits perfectly for Weltall.

If it really is Weltall, then I'd be ecstatic Gears is getting referenced AT ALL.
Enel is being stupid here and letting his bias color his perception of reality
His theory is that it can't be Weltall because Nintendo doesn't have the rights for it and that this "Poppi" alt doesn't look like Poppi because then it would look similar to a purely hypothetical Kosmos alt... which would be another character that Nintendo doesn't own
It makes absolutely no sense

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Enel is being stupid here and letting his bias color his perception of reality
His theory is that it can't be Weltall because Nintendo doesn't have the rights for it and that this "Poppi" alt doesn't look like Poppi because then it would look similar to a purely hypothetical Kosmos alt... which would be another character that Nintendo doesn't own
It makes absolutely no sense
to be fair there is a high chance now we get a KOS-MOS alt if Sakurai referenced Xenogears. He could reference every xeno now with the colours. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, X, Xenoblade 2. Perhaps he didn't want to repeat Shulk referencing party members with Pyra/Mythra and he cares about the Xeno Mythos which is why he had that multiverse thing going on in the trailer.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Yeah, the colors don't match Poppi at all in any of the 3 versions.
¿Porque no los dos? Knowing how Monolith rolls, there's a non-zero chance that Poppi's coloration is already a reference to Weltall anyway. Even if the primary intention of Pyra/Mythra's alts is to acknowledge the XC2 party members and blades, I'm fully expecting a stealthy Xenogears/saga reference somewhere among them.

Luty

Smash Cadet
¿Porque no los dos? Knowing how Monolith rolls, there's a non-zero chance that Poppi's coloration is already a reference to Weltall anyway. Even if the primary intention of Pyra/Mythra's alts is to acknowledge the XC2 party members and blades, I'm fully expecting a stealthy Xenogears/saga reference somewhere among them.
Yeah, people can fan-canon what they want. It is honestly looking like a Weltall reference since the hair color is dark purple. Since someone mentioned it; KOS-MOS and Poppi do not have the same hair color, so I doubt that would have held them back from the hair color change. There are characters with a very miniscule difference in their colors, and Poppi also have blatantly red features. Mythra looks like she has orange-red accents that match the "Omega Universitas" better.

Top Bottom