• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yo jumping in to wish y'all luck in your favorite android girl tonight.

Though not a supporter of KOS-MOS she would be a nice and fun addition and would much prefer Elma, but if she got in instead she'd be a good alternative not to mention another female rep in the pass.
I’d prefer both but I don’t see both happening in the same pass for some reason

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If we don't see KOS-MOS, but we do see Crash or Reimu, I'm not gonna know what to do guys.
Crash pretty much destroys the leak since Nintendo wouldn't hinge their bets on Reimu selling the audience alone at E3. Any out-there character is usually carried by a much larger presentation surrounding their reveal. Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer come to mind, since they were unveiled at the time of Smash for Wii U and 3DS' reveal. Likewise, Palutena was introduced in the same event that gave us the world renown Pac-Man and the already-popular Miis.

Assuming the leak is legit, it would make sense to reveal Reimu and Crash together, since their duality would bring two different worlds together much in the same way that Hero and Banjo had some regional cross-over. If we get KOS-MOS tomorrow, that's a good sign for both Crash and Reimu. Maybe not necessarily together in the way I described, but KOS-MOS is not an easy prediction at all given how overlooked she is. It's worth considering.

On the other hand, Reimu's reveal would make the rest of the leak 50/50 imo. Crash could still happen later on of course, but there's no guarantee the same will be said for KOS-MOS. Part of it has to do with the fact that the 5chan leak may be completely coincidental from here on out, and it's not like Reimu doesn't carry her own video game legacy.

In fact, it's worth noting that in the past year or so, the Indie community has slowly acknowledged her as a veteran figure (along with the rest of Touhou) into their Indie circle. Hypothetically speaking, her inclusion would be akin to Sephiroth's. In the same way that he's THE "Anime Swordsman", Reimu's THE "Indie Queen".

Honestly Reimu would be more of a positive sign toward KOS-MOS than Crash since everyone and their mom in the industry hinted at Crash
Not just Crash either. There's Rayman, Hayabusa, and Doomguy as well. I think they've been "hinted at" since base speculation. I'm more convinced that the public will eventually will them in Smash in some way, through some summoning circle ritual, haha. Hey, the more the merrier.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think we will very likely be seeing either a Bandai-Namco rep or a Capcom rep today if either is in the Pass since every Challenger Pack in Fighter's Pass 1 and Fighter's Pass 2 have come with Smash 4 Mii costumes and we only have the Lloyd, Monster Hunter and Rathalos costumes yet to return. Whether we don't see a Namco rep/Capcom rep or not today, I do believe we'll see one or two of those missing Smash 4 Mii costumes since every Challenger Pack has had them thus far and we are only down to 3 with the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes very likely to return with each other in the same Challenger Pack since they're from the same franchise.

Luty

Smash Cadet
I think we will very likely be seeing either a Bandai-Namco rep or a Capcom rep today if either is in the Pass since every Challenger Pack in Fighter's Pass 1 and Fighter's Pass 2 have come with Smash 4 Mii costumes and we only have the Lloyd, Monster Hunter and Rathalos costumes yet to return. Whether we don't see a Namco rep/Capcom rep or not today, I do believe we'll see one or two of those missing Smash 4 Mii costumes since every Challenger Pack has had them thus far and we are only down to 3 with the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes very likely to return with each other in the same Challenger Pack since they're from the same franchise.
The other Namco costumes have not come with a Namco representative, though. Would that make Lloyd's costume special since he may be related to the same genre as the Namco representative? Also, a funny thing to think about is that Namco has a representative in Ultimate, but Pacman is not a Bandai representative, huh?

However, the issue still stands on whether there will even be a character announcement today or not. There might be an announcement that there will be a Smash Direct with the announcement of the next fighter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The other Namco costumes have not come with a Namco representative, though. Would that make Lloyd's costume special since he may be related to the same genre as the Namco representative? Also, a funny thing to think about is that Namco has a representative in Ultimate, but Pacman is not a Bandai representative, huh?

However, the issue still stands on whether there will even be a character announcement today or not. There might be an announcement that there will be a Smash Direct with the announcement of the next fighter.
Like I said, I still think we'll see those missing Smash 4 Mii costumes return whether we get another Bandai-Namco rep or Capcom rep or not.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

So if it's Reimu we might be in the clear. Devs of the new touhou game retweeted

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

So if it's Reimu we might be in the clear. Devs of the new touhou game retweeted
Whoa whoa whoa like THE ZUN HIMSELF?!

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
I think you mean Xenoblade. Xenosaga started in 2002, it would be more than its 10th anniversary at this point.
That's what saying. Something big for Xenosaga should be in the 10th anniversary next year. It's one year away from that.

i think is gonna be eggman listen, what we can do for real is pray Fortnite dose not come even as close as possible to smash.

ALso is it also possible to go tell Harada san on his twitter Kos-Mos for smash????? will it help? XD
Eggman's "hoho" laugh does add up.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Whelp, this is likely the end of the road for KOS-MOS, sadly. However, I'm thrilled to see Pyra/Mythra and I'm just glad that Xenoblade and Monolithsoft are getting some sort of new representation in Ultimate. I legit did not see them coming, so the surprise was epic, if not bittersweet.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Whelp, this is likely the end of the road for KOS-MOS, sadly. However, I'm thrilled to see Pyra/Mythra and I'm just glad that Xenoblade and Monolithsoft are getting some sort of new representation in Ultimate. I legit did not see them coming, so the surprise was epic, if not bittersweet.
I wonder if KOS-MOS will still appear in some form. A Mii costume, a spirit, KOS-MOS/T-elos color scheme for Pyra/Mythra?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
On one hand, KOS-MOS is pretty much dead for this Pass, and basically wiped out from future speculation if she gets Mii-Costumed. The leak's dead and that makes Reimu's chances dubious at best.

But on the other hand... Words cannot express the unbridled joy I feel right now. I literally can't rationalize a coherent train of thought nor some flowery speech that absolutely encapsulates the passion burning within.

Pyra/Mythra have become some of my favorite female characters in the past few years, and I feel this is the most excitement I'll get. Would I have preferred KOS-MOS at this point? That's a tough call to be honest! I think I love all three just the same!

Most important of all though is that Monolith Soft finally got their due in all of this, and I couldn't be any happier with that! Bonus points for the people who've been decrying Xenoblade 2 characters. This is extremely cathartic!

All of that being said, I'm sticking around for anything that comes up. So far, this is the most level-headed discussion thread, and its news helps to keep the pace consistent and easy to follow. There's always a surprise to be waiting! Here's to hoping KOS-MOS survives the presentation's Mii-Costume Massacre.

Last edited:

akarise

Smash Rookie
NNID
akarise
Switch FC
SW-5355-8287-4116
I've never felt so bittersweet at a Smash reveal before... I love that we got Pyra/Mythra so much but KOS-MOS would've been the best thing ever! I highly doubt she'll be getting in now, but maybe in the next pass or game? It's been a fun ride though, will still pop in once in a while to check out the thread!

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I want to add also, this is NOT the end of KOS-MOS, all of those content creators even papa genos MENTIONED HER, even the VGA leaks! got her NOTICED witch means Kos-Mos has recieve the attention!, still i am sad it was not her like i am i am not like very happy for pyra or mythra right now but Xenosaga for me it just holds a very special place as i am a MMO/RPG/ACTION AVENTURE ISEKAI GAMER it has that place for me.

If only NAMCO if only them could just forget about the god damn MONEY and look at this FANBASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN GUARANTEED YOU she would have been revive..... IF ONLY SORAYA SAGA COULD SEES THIS AND ALL OF THE MONOLIFT SOFT COMPANY TO SEE THIS PLAYER BASE/FAN BASE FOR HER!!!!!!........ ;(

Forigve me im devastated but i am happy at least that Pyra is the closets thing we have for Kos-Mos remember her chest is the Zohar Symbol and that right there is reference enough to the almighty XENOSAGA trilogy.

if only they could see us...... :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom