• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Honestly, I hope that anyone who lurks in this thread and is keeping tabs on the 5chan leak with Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS don't assume or even place hopes in the latter two happening. Like I said before, Crash is child's play in terms of predictions. He's one of those character choices that make marketable sense (that might not happen, mind you), so to hear of him next speaks nothing for the rest of the pass. If anything, I'd argue that the odds of getting Reimu and KOS-MOS as playable fighters is equivalent to rolling a double six at best, assuming Crash is the only fighter we hear about for another 3-4 months.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS figure now on sale at Good Smile shop.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Nice to see she's on sale after that figurine sold the most in 2020. I wonder if goodsmile saw the news and wants to sell even more of them. I bet they even have plans for a Xenoblade 3 one at this rate.

Also... this is a really good article I came across and they make very good points I can't disagree with https://medium.com/super-jump/the-xenosaga-trilogy-deserves-a-remastered-edition-1fa9e9f222a

Here's hoping there are plans for a Xenosaga remaster/remake secretly these past few years. The market analysis was obviously years ago and isn't the end and I still have no idea why they trademarked Xenosaga Episode III again in 2018. Also, a pretty prominent Xeno youtuber (Enel) i'm sure you know him if you follow Xeno stuff... even asked Harada about his thoughts on Xenosaga now that the figurine sold a lot. It seems Harada sadly did not respond... but maybe that's a good thing lol.

Honestly, I hope that anyone who lurks in this thread and is keeping tabs on the 5chan leak with Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS don't assume or even place hopes in the latter two happening. Like I said before, Crash is child's play in terms of predictions. He's one of those character choices that make marketable sense (that might not happen, mind you), so to hear of him next speaks nothing for the rest of the pass. If anything, I'd argue that the odds of getting Reimu and KOS-MOS as playable fighters is equivalent to rolling a double six at best, assuming Crash is the only fighter we hear about for another 3-4 months.
And yeah... I feel the same way. I am praying for a off chance it is real but Crash was already speculated because of some Activision 5 year plan thing that supposedly includes smash. Many people seem to think Crash is next because a reveal makes sense after the switch port plus we have Amiibo theory that proves we are getting a fighter in March... but like if the leak is real it would suck to get Crash first, imo because people will just continue trashing the other two because a bigger character than crash has to be at e3 now or niche characters dont make sense at e3(lol hello Palutena smash 4). I hate the smash community sometimes. I still feel very doubtful that it is real and I dont like to dwell on it too much haha.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It would be nice to see KOS-MOS revealed to put anyone else who doubted down a peg. It's kind of annoying to see a character that actually has legacy and importance to both Bandai Namco and MonolithSoft constantly get told she has no chance just because of the remaster analysis not getting off the ground.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It would be nice to see KOS-MOS revealed to put anyone else who doubted down a peg. It's kind of annoying to see a character that actually has legacy and importance to both Bandai Namco and MonolithSoft constantly get told she has no chance just because of the remaster analysis not getting off the ground.
And even before the market analysis, there are people who just don't want her in period. There's a huge stigma toward characters that look anime, but if you're a cartoon mascot or an unga bunga macho dudebro, you're A-OK. The hypocrisy is real, and mind you, there's nothing wrong with the other two character archetypes. The real crime is being a sore loser/winner.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
To me, Harada's tweet damaged KOS-MOS's chances not because of what he revealed in it, but because revealing it the way he did didn't exactly seem conducive to having KOS-MOS be met with open arms later on. Being like "Sorry but not enough people want Xenosaga." in response to a random tweet (wasn't like it was a Famitsu interview where they put him on the spot) is something that would absolutely be used against a potential KOS-MOS fighter to drive the point that her addition was in spite of her irrelevant series. You could make the argument that Harada just doesn't give a damn about Smash what with how he's responded to Smash fans in the past, but you'd think Namco's general manager would be more strategic about what he does to affect the public perception of the series that birthed the character who would be Namco's second rep in the best-selling fighting game of all time. Oh, and one in which they're developing.

MattX20

Smash Hero
And even before the market analysis, there are people who just don't want her in period. There's a huge stigma toward characters that look anime, but if you're a cartoon mascot or an unga bunga macho dudebro, you're A-OK. The hypocrisy is real, and mind you, there's nothing wrong with the other two character archetypes. The real crime is being a sore loser/winner.
It's mostly due to Fire Emblem's reps feeling too similar in movesets or in designs, but yeah, it's tragic.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
To me, Harada's tweet damaged KOS-MOS's chances not because of what he revealed in it, but because revealing it the way he did didn't exactly seem conducive to having KOS-MOS be met with open arms later on. Being like "Sorry but not enough people want Xenosaga." in response to a random tweet (wasn't like it was a Famitsu interview where they put him on the spot) is something that would absolutely be used against a potential KOS-MOS fighter to drive the point that her addition was in spite of her irrelevant series. You could make the argument that Harada just doesn't give a damn about Smash what with how he's responded to Smash fans in the past, but you'd think Namco's general manager would be more strategic about what he does to affect the public perception of the series that birthed the character who would be Namco's second rep in the best-selling fighting game of all time. Oh, and one in which they're developing.
The absolute worst-case scenario is that a second Namco character was never discussed for Ultimate, let-alone DLC. Harada's statement (at least for Kosy) comes off as never even considering her in Smash even slightly, and if the market analysis suggests she would have been a waste of resources, then she can't be in due to how Nintendo, Bamco, and Sakurai plan ahead with their DLC selection. He might look at her figure's recent success as a form of demand for a continuation of Xenosaga (or at least proof that there is still a strong fanbase for it), but any possibility of her being a fighter in Ultimate (assuming the market analysis decided on her odds) is already well too late (at least if support ends here in FP2). I'd like to be proven wrong of course, but given the lackluster Bamco representation and Xeno representation track record, we're left with bread crumbs here after stuffing our faces with the garlic bread that was Fiora.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh don't worry, I'm keeping tabs on that 4chan Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS leak and will remember if we get two of them. But honestly, if it's real I'm expecting to see Reimu or KOS-MOS next since I think they would obviously save Crash for E3 due to his iconic status.

Which I don't get since Nintendo is a Japanese company and Smash is a Japanese game. Of course they're going to have a lot of anime looking characters in a Japanese game, but I guess most people ignore that and pretends Nintendo and all it's big IPs are western.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Newest scale figure has been announced! The beautiful and amazing Blade Nia from Xenoblade 2! Spoilers and all and her normal form be damned apparently.

I expected Morag but Nia is also one of my favourite characters so i'm pretty excited.

Nah but seriously though another Xenoblade 2 figurine that's not Rex sure does leave a bit of doubt about Rex... I thought he was pretty popular but I think it's clear that they are only going to sell waifus from this point on. In a way I kinda feel bad for Rex even though I dont like him that much. I wonder what Sakurai thinks about this?!

And dear god in case you forgot GOODSMILE COMPANY...Xenoblade X is a Xeno game too. As much as I didn't like the story... Elma is really damn cool and deserves one

I.D.

Smash Lord
but you'd think Namco's general manager would be more strategic about what he does to affect the public perception of the series that birthed the character who would be Namco's second rep in the best-selling fighting game of all time. Oh, and one in which they're developing.
You'd think Namco's general manager would be more strategic in general period instead of begging Japanese people on twitter to buy a PS5 but here we are

Anyway how is everyone enjoying Bamco's biggest release for the Switch during its peak years: Family Training? (port of shovelware wii game)

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Newest scale figure has been announced!
Very good news for Xeno fans, I am waiting for the KOS-MOS figure to arrive and these Melia and Nia figures are also coming home.

It seems to me quite timely that right now they decide to take a Nia Figure when they have had two years ahead of them, it gives me the feeling that important news is coming from Xeno

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Newest scale figure has been announced! The beautiful and amazing Blade Nia from Xenoblade 2! Spoilers and all and her normal form be damned apparently.

I expected Morag but Nia is also one of my favourite characters so i'm pretty excited.

Nah but seriously though another Xenoblade 2 figurine that's not Rex sure does leave a bit of doubt about Rex... I thought he was pretty popular but I think it's clear that they are only going to sell waifus from this point on. In a way I kinda feel bad for Rex even though I dont like him that much. I wonder what Sakurai thinks about this?!

And dear god in case you forgot GOODSMILE COMPANY...Xenoblade X is a Xeno game too. As much as I didn't like the story... Elma is really damn cool and deserves one

Watch as we get a True Form Elma one :awesome:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Watch as we get a True Form Elma one :awesome:
Hopefully we do.... because right now there is a official goodsmile figure for every Xenoblade except X. But I think T-ELOS Re can easily get one next too given that they've moved back to Xenoblade 2 figures. It went Pyra > Mythra > KOS-MOS > Melia > Nia. Since Melia got one because she was the star of FC hopefully if there's ever a definitive Xenoblade x then Elma gets one in her true form.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Hopefully we do.... because right now there is a official goodsmile figure for every Xenoblade except X. But I think T-ELOS Re can easily get one next too given that they've moved back to Xenoblade 2 figures. It went Pyra > Mythra > KOS-MOS > Melia > Nia. Since Melia got one because she was the star of FC hopefully if there's ever a definitive Xenoblade x then Elma gets one in her true form.
It is also interesting to note that despite all of these Xeno figures being made by Good Smile Company, no Xeno characters have been made into a nendoroid.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You'd think Namco's general manager would be more strategic in general period instead of begging Japanese people on twitter to buy a PS5 but here we are

Anyway how is everyone enjoying Bamco's biggest release for the Switch during its peak years: Family Training? (port of shovelware wii game)
Man...

It is also interesting to note that despite all of these Xeno figures being made by Good Smile Company, no Xeno characters have been made into a nendoroid.
It's doubly interesting knowing that so far, every Xeno figure so far is of high quality in regards to scale figures. I think Nendos are very cute, I happen to have Classic Mega Man and Artoria in my collection thanks to a couple of friends, including mini versions of Phantas-Moon and Tohsaka through gacha box pulls. Although I much prefer scale figures overall, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see Nendos in the future. Personally, I want a Kasandra scale figure from Good Smile Company, as unlikely as that is.

Luty

Smash Cadet
It's doubly interesting knowing that so far, every Xeno figure so far is of high quality in regards to scale figures. I think Nendos are very cute, I happen to have Classic Mega Man and Artoria in my collection thanks to a couple of friends, including mini versions of Phantas-Moon and Tohsaka through gacha box pulls. Although I much prefer scale figures overall, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see Nendos in the future. Personally, I want a Kasandra scale figure from Good Smile Company, as unlikely as that is.
The reason why I bring up Nendos is because GSC is more likely to start with them as opposed to going into a scale figure. For the Xenoblade cast, it seems they wanted to skip that step entirely. Maybe because these Xenoblade characters appeal more towards men, and would be more likely to sell with sexy figures than being moe blobs. I also think it is strange with how many KOS-MOS figures there have been and how popular they have been; KOS-MOS has never been made into a Nendoroid. She has had at least 7 prepainted statues, at least 4 action figures, so many garage kits(including an amazing 1/4 Volks kit), and a 1/3 Dollfie Dream doll, among many other types of models and stuff. KOS-MOS has always been popular in sales, so I can see why she would be very marketable for Ultimate, too. I do not have any amiibos, but I would get one of KOS-MOS for sure.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The reason why I bring up Nendos is because GSC is more likely to start with them as opposed to going into a scale figure. For the Xenoblade cast, it seems they wanted to skip that step entirely. Maybe because these Xenoblade characters appeal more towards men, and would be more likely to sell with sexy figures than being moe blobs. I also think it is strange with how many KOS-MOS figures there have been and how popular they have been; KOS-MOS has never been made into a Nendoroid. She has had at least 7 prepainted statues, at least 4 action figures, so many garage kits(including an amazing 1/4 Volks kit), and a 1/3 Dollfie Dream doll, among many other types of models and stuff. KOS-MOS has always been popular in sales, so I can see why she would be very marketable for Ultimate, too. I do not have any amiibos, but I would get one of KOS-MOS for sure.
Yep, KOS-MOS on her own has proven to be very easy to market even if her series isn't. It's one of those factors that Nintendo would probably consider for the DLC fighters

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
If you guys couldn't tell by my profile pic, Zeke is my favorite character from 2. If he ever gets a scale figure (unlikely) I'll buy that **** frame 1.

And yeah, if KOS-MOS gets in smash that's the perfect opportunity to get a figure of her without having to sell my limbs LOL.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If you guys couldn't tell by my profile pic, Zeke is my favorite character from 2. If he ever gets a scale figure (unlikely) I'll buy that **** frame 1.

And yeah, if KOS-MOS gets in smash that's the perfect opportunity to get a figure of her without having to sell my limbs LOL.
Zeke feels like the sort of character to be in line with FiguArts. He has a wide range of expressions in 2 – being a chuuni warrior poet – and his amusing antics with the cast would make for an interesting posable figure. At least for the time being of course. Personally, I much prefer static figures since FiguArts is typically made with a plastic feel I'm not very fond of, haha. But hey, if Zeke gets one, it might open the door for some really neat stop-motion animations!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Zeke feels like the sort of character to be in line with FiguArts. He has a wide range of expressions in 2 – being a chuuni warrior poet – and his amusing antics with the cast would make for an interesting posable figure. At least for the time being of course. Personally, I much prefer static figures since FiguArts is typically made with a plastic feel I'm not very fond of, haha. But hey, if Zeke gets one, it might open the door for some really neat stop-motion animations!
Zeke is my absolute favorite XC2 character, I love how over the top he is :awesome:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see she's on sale after that figurine sold the most in 2020. I wonder if goodsmile saw the news and wants to sell even more of them. I bet they even have plans for a Xenoblade 3 one at this rate.

Also... this is a really good article I came across and they make very good points I can't disagree with https://medium.com/super-jump/the-xenosaga-trilogy-deserves-a-remastered-edition-1fa9e9f222a

Here's hoping there are plans for a Xenosaga remaster/remake secretly these past few years. The market analysis was obviously years ago and isn't the end and I still have no idea why they trademarked Xenosaga Episode III again in 2018. Also, a pretty prominent Xeno youtuber (Enel) i'm sure you know him if you follow Xeno stuff... even asked Harada about his thoughts on Xenosaga now that the figurine sold a lot. It seems Harada sadly did not respond... but maybe that's a good thing lol.

Oh lord, that was a scorching burn if I ever saw one.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Something might have came up with that Reimu leak ages ago. Anyone notice they changed the original plan of keeping the switch version after the ps4 version but now they are coming out at the same date? If I recall correctly and forgive me if i'm wrong since it's been ages but the original doujin Reimu leak leaked this game right?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/tou...-for-ps4-switch-launches-this-spring-in-japan today

in comparison to this

Doujin leak is probably the only leak right now that even connects to Reimu in 5ch right? Also notice how it is only a Japan release.... didn't the 5ch leaker say the leak was only "pleasing certain crowds" or something.

Yeah, I dunno but I wanted to note it in case.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something might have came up with that Reimu leak ages ago. Anyone notice they changed the original plan of keeping the switch version after the ps4 version but now they are coming out at the same date? If I recall correctly and forgive me if i'm wrong since it's been ages but the original doujin Reimu leak leaked this game right?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/tou...-for-ps4-switch-launches-this-spring-in-japan today

in comparison to this

Doujin leak is probably the only leak right now that even connects to Reimu in 5ch right? Also notice how it is only a Japan release.... didn't the 5ch leaker say the leak was only "pleasing certain crowds" or something.

Yeah, I dunno but I wanted to note it in case.
“Playing to the crowd” was the exact wording iirc. What that could mean is anyone’s guess

zferolie

Smash Hero
so is that 5chan rumor still in play? just curious if anything has debunked it yet.

I hope to get this. it took me awhile to get Myrha after getting pyra, due to limited stock. Luckily i found someone selling her for a decent price. Morag would be great with Bryn as well

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
“Playing to the crowd” was the exact wording iirc. What that could mean is anyone’s guess
like I already speculated.... it means the fighter pass is geared towards west and Japan for certain characters. The guy obviously doesn't like that and wanted mii costumes promoted.

so is that 5chan rumor still in play? just curious if anything has debunked it yet.
still in play. Not disproven

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Dunno about you, but I kinda hope Antimony of Common Flowers sees a release worldwide. Seems pointless to restrict it by region when even Banjo's inclusion in Smash prompted Sakurai to tell the Switch-base to play his games on the Xbox. Doesn't that sound strange that the opposite can't be stated for Touhou's latest console game? Then again, there's always the possibility of an eventual international release later down the line, perhaps coinciding with E3, but that's digging too deep too early. Honestly, it just rubs me off the wrong way, and not just for Smash-related reasons either.

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
How was that meant to be a burn towards Harada?
Cause his market analysis excuse by Bandai Namco executives is pretty dumb when you consider the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the best selling Xeno entry to date and KOS-MOS was the most popular character in the game as indicated by Monolith Soft's Twitter account. Bandai Namco is an exceptionally risk-averse company.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Cause his market analysis excuse by Bandai Namco executives is pretty dumb when you consider the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the best selling Xeno entry to date and KOS-MOS was the most popular character in the game as indicated by Monolith Soft's Twitter account. Bandai Namco is an exceptionally risk-averse company.
Was KOS-MOS the most popular character in XB2, or do you mean the most popular Monolith Soft character? I want the sauce.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Was KOS-MOS the most popular character in XB2, or do you mean the most popular Monolith Soft character? I want the sauce.
Still has the most likes on twitter today despite her reveal as rare blade being in 2017. I think that's been holding up pretty well. Also we have the recent figurine news. I just verified myself by going through Xenobladejp twitter. So yes I think we can say that she is because otherwise she wouldn't outsell Pyra/Mythra figurines right?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
c'mon, you just now Ninjara has a good shot being an last minute addition next game, so be a standalone clone or budget echo of Min-Min and something.
Ninjara wouldn't make sense as a Min Min Echo as nether character plays like each other in Arms. Ninjara would have to be a unique character if he were to ever get in.

Top Bottom